FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Yep. Talks in the trailer in August about having the world cup DLCs, give 3 stadiums between 2 tournaments. Not even like they give the generic ones too just to add a bit more. Such laziness, honestly
How difficult can it really be for professional developers? We got all stadiums in FIFA 18's WC DLC, and modders have built high-quality WC 2022 stadiums for PES 2021 within weeks for free.

So I put that the problem isn't even difficulty, it's that they just simply don't care and don't think most of its user base would care either.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the difficulty with modding stadiums into these Frostbite FIFA games is? Seeing as this will be the last official FIFA game it would be nice if it had the kind of modding legacy PES 21 does with seemingly eternal support even if it is tarred with it's 1v1 issues.

Does anyone know what the difficulty with modding stadiums into these Frostbite FIFA games is? Seeing as this will be the last official FIFA game it would be nice if it had the kind of modding legacy PES 21 does with seemingly eternal support even if it is tarred with it's 1v1 issues.

What's the reason to continue modding an old FIFA? Especially if EASFC is superior with more stadiums, face scans, animations etc. I get it for PES 21 but not FIFA tbh.

What's the reason to continue modding an old FIFA? Especially if EASFC is superior with more stadiums, face scans, animations etc. I get it for PES 21 but not FIFA tbh.
Well, That's assuming EASFC will be moddable or have enough offline content to bother with. I don't think much is known about it yet but there's every chance it could go the eFootball route and just be a FUT centred game?

Well, That's assuming EASFC will be moddable or have enough offline content to bother with. I don't think much is known about it yet but there's every chance it could go the eFootball route and just be a FUT centred game?
If it's paid for, it'll be Fifa 24 without the Fifa I expect, perhap with gameplay going a bit more arcade. If it's FTP, then that's when you need to worry about FUT 24 with maybe an extra mode or two

Yep. Talks in the trailer in August about having the world cup DLCs, give 3 stadiums between 2 tournaments. Not even like they give the generic ones too just to add a bit more. Such laziness, honestly
According to the screenshots in their pitch notes article, you will be able to choose some of the generic stadiums this time.

Hatrickhero

League 1​

Is there any way to make the passing feel like the other game??? And make the game feel less like"every game feels like the same" ??? Or can t be done??

New patch is out. After 3 matchs the game feels slower, AI in defense is stronger, better transition in animations, IA is more dangerous in WC difficulty
Thanks for the heads up. Waiting for this. Downloaded it and gave it a try. It does feel good. Going to be playing a bit more again. Women's World Cup seems solid too

Thanks for the heads up. Waiting for this. Downloaded it and gave it a try. It does feel good. Going to be playing a bit more again. Women's World Cup seems solid too
I was surprised that the game is slower. Now with the ball you can more thinking and AI too. I think I was a placebo feeling but after 6 matches, AI really made 7-8 passes on its own side and before it was 3-4. It's a good thing.

I was surprised that the game is slower. Now with the ball you can more thinking and AI too. I think I was a placebo feeling but after 6 matches, AI really made 7-8 passes on its own side and before it was 3-4. It's a good thing.
Any way to make passing feel more organic and weighty like the other game?? Making passing slower is good, but not enough to remove that awful floatiness of the ball

Just playing after the update. I did a slide tackle on the halway line and it resulted I'm a penalty wtf. Checked replay no contact and in midfield no one in my penalty area and penalty wtf. Hopefully a bug that can be patched out.

Last edited:
Any way to make passing feel more organic and weighty like the other game?? Making passing slower is good, but not enough to remove that awful floatiness of the ball

For me, it was increasing the pass speed to 40. It's the most natural way the ball can look if you're tired of seeing the ball become a water-logged medicine ball on the pitch. In addition, the most important entity on the pitch is the ball. It has to be separate, it has to be alive, and it has to be controlled and lost. That's the whole point of ball mastery. These are basic fundamentals of the game, controlling the ball, whether it be passing to the back foot so player isn't waiting on the ball and then has to manually turn after receiving it. The key, for me, was getting the closedown rate of the defending players to be how it is in retro PES - where the positioning was not always that good, but the players would definitely be a challenge when being closed down.

Here's a gameplay example on World Class. Just look at how the ball moves and look at all the individuality and team build up that can happen. Then the interactions and competitive resistance throughout. Playing Nantes and their low block was tougher than I had been thinking in the first 2 minutes of the match.

Just playing after the update. I did a slide tackle on the halway line and it resulted I'm a penalty wtf. Checked replay no contact and in midfield no one in my penalty area and penalty wtf. Hopefully a bug that can be patched out.
I have same couple of months ago.. :THINK:

For me, it was increasing the pass speed to 40. It's the most natural way the ball can look if you're tired of seeing the ball become a water-logged medicine ball on the pitch. In addition, the most important entity on the pitch is the ball. It has to be separate, it has to be alive, and it has to be controlled and lost. That's the whole point of ball mastery. These are basic fundamentals of the game, controlling the ball, whether it be passing to the back foot so player isn't waiting on the ball and then has to manually turn after receiving it. The key, for me, was getting the closedown rate of the defending players to be how it is in retro PES - where the positioning was not always that good, but the players would definitely be a challenge when being closed down.

Here's a gameplay example on World Class. Just look at how the ball moves and look at all the individuality and team build up that can happen. Then the interactions and competitive resistance throughout. Playing Nantes and their low block was tougher than I had been thinking in the first 2 minutes of the match.

Playing with the pass speed isn t enough, the passing just doesn t have enough weightiness like the other game, maybe it s the brilliant passing mechanics that only konami knows how to do it and no other company can...

I have been playing FIFA20 on PS4 every week or so with my friend and we decided to try 23. OMG! 23 is by far the worst FIFA we have played (we have been playing Evo web/FIFA for 20+years). Even with modified sliders it is horrendous: I managed to walk my GK to CPU goal and score in my third match. Midfield is non-existent (midfielders walk away from the attacker), shooting is arcady, almost every shot can be done with bicycle kick etc. Just terrible.

I have been playing FIFA20 on PS4 every week or so with my friend and we decided to try 23. OMG! 23 is by far the worst FIFA we have played (we have been playing Evo web/FIFA for 20+years). Even with modified sliders it is horrendous: I managed to walk my GK to CPU goal and score in my third match. Midfield is non-existent (midfielders walk away from the attacker), shooting is arcady, almost every shot can be done with bicycle kick etc. Just terrible.
FUMA?

So you just played the PS4 version? The PS5 version is much improved over that one.

So you just played the PS4 version? The PS5 version is much improved over that one.
From a pick up and play POV, any person with no knowledge of football can play FIFA and learn. But once you get used to it or even you are a seasoned player, you notice the attack patterns, no midfield, 1v1 bs and of course, the ice skating.

I have personally tried 10 matches of every FIFA since 20 on every flagship platform, same bs.

From a pick up and play POV, any person with no knowledge of football can play FIFA and learn. But once you get used to it or even you are a seasoned player, you notice the attack patterns, no midfield, 1v1 bs and of course, the ice skating.

I have personally tried 10 matches of every FIFA since 20 on every flagship platform, same bs.
That non existent midfield battle is really a concern in this game

It depends on what tactics you play against. Go against a slow-build-up team, where there aren't many, and you'll get more of a midfield presence. Just like modern football, that midfield play is now centered around the attacking thirds. FIFA 23 at least has the variety in that the CPU players try to take defenders 1on1 or go for mazing runs at times.

Back
Top Bottom