FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

What i notice somethinf positive about fifa, is that u never feel repetitiveness in the pattern of the final move in the attack, u ll never know how the ai will score, in pes, it s really repetitive when the ai attacker will always turn the same turn and shoots the same angle on goal every single time the ai attacker is positioned outside the area in the middle, in fifa u never feel repetitiveness at all, because the variety of the ai is always changing

What i notice somethinf positive about fifa, is that u never feel repetitiveness in the pattern of the final move in the attack, u ll never know how the ai will score, in pes, it s really repetitive when the ai attacker will always turn the same turn and shoots the same angle on goal every single time the ai attacker is positioned outside the area in the middle, in fifa u never feel repetitiveness at all, because the variety of the ai is always changing
This is true. I think I can vouch for this even on games like FIFA 20 which I really don't like the Midfield / Defending aspect of and I've not played a new FIFA since.. but considering the Hypermotion stuff it probably helped somewhat in the attack. My only gripe even then years later which always is affirmed by the community later is the fact that players still feel like they are on rails / too fast and the lack of midfield presence and fouls in the game.

I did see @Matt10's posts about those fouls on the previous page and it does make me wonder maybe after 1 year or so, I get FIFA 23 on PS5? Because the price would be reduced ( If I'm not wrong, he's the same guy from OS Sliders right? In that case I've loved your FIFA 16 and 17 Sliders, thanks ). But to me, I expect at the minimum 4-5 fouls in a game at least (7-10 minutes) and FIFA 20 doesn't have that and there's not much positive reception for either 21 or 22. And even though I liked those tackles and fouls, I also saw some horrendously agitating magnet like attachment of the ball to the legs in a few of those videos. It felt very bizarre to look at, especially when changing direction

Would it actually be worth it? Or for someone like me, who really likes FIFA 14 and 16 (Xbox One / NG versions), would I really not like FIFA 23? Because over the past 3 years, 23 seems to be the only FIFA which has some amount of praise for it, but the doubt regarding midfield and fouls thing along with on rails feeling is keeping me away from it. I wish we still had Demos for Games (even though I know that the final version of the game is far removed from the demo / day one product)

@Matt10 your fifa 22 sliders are great (shorter halves, playing on slow, World class difficulty, 48-50 acceleration, manuel). Is fifa 23 really better then fifa 22? I’m doubting to buy.

I am playing fuma + OS sliders, and maybe this helps someone to enjoy the game even more - I've experienced a small epiphany by changing the camera.
Until now I've exclusively played on Tele, but I've recently started using Default, Height = 20, Zoom = 0, and man, my perception of the game has been transformed in ways I wouldn't have guessed.
I can see more of the pitch, more of the stadium, the animations somehow seem better, and the foot sliding, while still exists, is not that noticeable anymore.
Give it a try if you're inclined.

I am playing fuma + OS sliders, and maybe this helps someone to enjoy the game even more - I've experienced a small epiphany by changing the camera.
Until now I've exclusively played on Tele, but I've recently started using Default, Height = 20, Zoom = 0, and man, my perception of the game has been transformed in ways I wouldn't have guessed.
I can see more of the pitch, more of the stadium, the animations somehow seem better, and the foot sliding, while still exists, is not that noticeable anymore.
The cameras settings do have an effect on how (at least) I experience the game. It does make a difference to me playing tv cam or default one, for example.
In FIFA16 i noticed this the first time.

This is true. I think I can vouch for this even on games like FIFA 20 which I really don't like the Midfield / Defending aspect of and I've not played a new FIFA since.. but considering the Hypermotion stuff it probably helped somewhat in the attack. My only gripe even then years later which always is affirmed by the community later is the fact that players still feel like they are on rails / too fast and the lack of midfield presence and fouls in the game.

I did see @Matt10's posts about those fouls on the previous page and it does make me wonder maybe after 1 year or so, I get FIFA 23 on PS5? Because the price would be reduced ( If I'm not wrong, he's the same guy from OS Sliders right? In that case I've loved your FIFA 16 and 17 Sliders, thanks ). But to me, I expect at the minimum 4-5 fouls in a game at least (7-10 minutes) and FIFA 20 doesn't have that and there's not much positive reception for either 21 or 22. And even though I liked those tackles and fouls, I also saw some horrendously agitating magnet like attachment of the ball to the legs in a few of those videos. It felt very bizarre to look at, especially when changing direction

Would it actually be worth it? Or for someone like me, who really likes FIFA 14 and 16 (Xbox One / NG versions), would I really not like FIFA 23? Because over the past 3 years, 23 seems to be the only FIFA which has some amount of praise for it, but the doubt regarding midfield and fouls thing along with on rails feeling is keeping me away from it. I wish we still had Demos for Games (even though I know that the final version of the game is far removed from the demo / day one product)

I think it's completely worth it. The game is playing so good. It has actually played so good since January of this year, I'd dare say even in November it was on the right track. Keep in mind, I've only played with our OS sliders, and that base has not changed for a very long time. Out of all the FIFA's I have played, this is the first time we haven't made any constant changes or experiments.

In terms of gameplay, FIFA 23 just does so much right. No game feels the same, there is player individuality - whether you have that player based difficulty on or off. The CPU players take you on rather than the pre-FIFA23 of dribble-dribble-pass mentality that all those other FIFAs could never get right. There are shots from distances, fouls, physicality, resistance and very little ADD where players aren't staring at the player without the ball.

Keep in mind, my review is based on using sliders. FIFA without sliders is a whole other game - and one I won't even entertain of playing again. Hope that helps, but yeah, I think it is actually one of the best FIFAs of all time...with sliders :) .

@Matt10 your fifa 22 sliders are great (shorter halves, playing on slow, World class difficulty, 48-50 acceleration, manuel). Is fifa 23 really better then fifa 22? I’m doubting to buy.
Ofc man, fifa 22 has non existent midfield battle, worst purchase i ever did, how are u still playing that game lol

I think it's completely worth it. The game is playing so good. It has actually played so good since January of this year, I'd dare say even in November it was on the right track. Keep in mind, I've only played with our OS sliders, and that base has not changed for a very long time. Out of all the FIFA's I have played, this is the first time we haven't made any constant changes or experiments.

In terms of gameplay, FIFA 23 just does so much right. No game feels the same, there is player individuality - whether you have that player based difficulty on or off. The CPU players take you on rather than the pre-FIFA23 of dribble-dribble-pass mentality that all those other FIFAs could never get right. There are shots from distances, fouls, physicality, resistance and very little ADD where players aren't staring at the player without the ball.

Keep in mind, my review is based on using sliders. FIFA without sliders is a whole other game - and one I won't even entertain of playing again. Hope that helps, but yeah, I think it is actually one of the best FIFAs of all time...with sliders :) .
I'm pleasantly surprised by your opinion, the variety in gameplay does seem promising, but the one thing that does leave me a bit skeptical is the fact that - do Sliders really make that huge of a change in this FIFA? Because in previous FIFAs (at least up till 20 is what I can say), it just seemed like tuning things until they seemed right to fix a few things rather than change the gameplay THAT much the way you are suggesting here. Just as a question, if I was to get FIFA 23 on a PS5 some months from now (disc) - what version of the game would I end up with? the Day One or the latest title update / patch?

I'm pleasantly surprised by your opinion, the variety in gameplay does seem promising, but the one thing that does leave me a bit skeptical is the fact that - do Sliders really make that huge of a change in this FIFA?
They do and they don’t. @Matt10 sliders are amazing. He’s completely transformed the game, especially with his latest version. The opposition finally engage with you, harass you, and you have to work an opening. There is a downside though. In order to get this, the AI’s reaction speed has increased, so if you’re playing against Real Madrid, for example, sometimes they ping-pong, ping-pong and score. And, like all Fifa, sometimes the laws of physics are just plain ignored. It’s still Fifa.

I have changed just for fun to end to end camera with os slider and saturators. Having a blast to be honest. Reminds of fifa of old isometric view and sensible soccer. Always asking myself like I did then am I better at playing up the pitch or down the pitch on this view. Ha ha ha 😂. Shooting and crossing and passing seem different. Just fun to freshen it up.

I have changed just for fun to end to end camera with os slider and saturators. Having a blast to be honest. Reminds of fifa of old isometric view and sensible soccer. Always asking myself like I did then am I better at playing up the pitch or down the pitch on this view. Ha ha ha 😂. Shooting and crossing and passing seem different. Just fun to freshen it up.
Hello mate I hope you're fine.
You used my sliders, thanks a lot

Since two, i made some matches After the last patch, and it make the game with sliders even better.
More physics, less space, more tackling from CPU. They have fix some bad animations transitions. I hope it's a good sign for EAFC 24🤞

@Matt10 are the fuma settings the same then the table I can find in the fifa 22 slider topic? And does fuma also mean that pass/schoot accu are 50?
Yeah, just 50 all around for the user side mainly. More challenge use the same original values (non-FUMA) on FUMA settings.

I just love this game so much. So many good things that allow it come together to be a truly balanced game. Anything the CPU does, I can do, and vice-versa. I never feel cheated, never feel like I'm in the advantage either. The pass variety, the attacking styles, the battle in the midfield and on the wings, the resistance in certain spots. The pressure to perform. It's all there.

I just love this game so much. So many good things that allow it come together to be a truly balanced game. Anything the CPU does, I can do, and vice-versa. I never feel cheated, never feel like I'm in the advantage either. The pass variety, the attacking styles, the battle in the midfield and on the wings, the resistance in certain spots. The pressure to perform. It's all there.

Hi Matt
I have done the same match Monaco Vs Montpellier with mys sliders V9. The match was very nice to play

I played more than 900 matchs on FIFA 23 on career mode and quick match, it's a record for me for a FIFA game. I have only played more games on Sensible soccer on my Atari 520STF .
This game could be so fun and realist when the speed is ok. With playstyle it could even better if each player or team have their own style. A footy gamer dream!

So after really enjoying everything to do with fifa 23 last night, using os sliders, I had a go this morning...and found myself bored a little.

I dont know if I'm picking the wrong teams, or just not actually in the mood to play it...

I think part of the issue is the chain-gang back line. It creates the feeling, as in pes10, of the whole game being played in front of the back line. Then,when you do break free, it's completely free. So there's never really a cat and mouse with the backline. I find the opposition back line either bogs the game down, or opens it out completely. When its bogged down, it's almost as if your forward line are magnetically repelled from the defensive line. It's very hard to penetrate with flowing move that unfolds both vertically and horizontally at the same time. With this fifa, it's one or the other.

I think fifa 16 and 20 were very good at allowing these sorts of moves to play out.

It's a shame, as if ea solved that, the game would have much more dimension in the final third.

Hi Matt
I have done the same match Monaco Vs Montpellier with mys sliders V9. The match was very nice to play

I played more than 900 matchs on FIFA 23 on career mode and quick match, it's a record for me for a FIFA game. I have only played more games on Sensible soccer on my Atari 520STF .
This game could be so fun and realist when the speed is ok. With playstyle it could even better if each player or team have their own style. A footy gamer dream!
I'm really glad both of you are getting these 4 - 7 fouls per game, I only see this in FIFA 14 - 16 , and on 17 , depending on the game I get 2-5 fouls but never more. So surprised Matt got 4 and @saturator got 7 fouls.

And regarding @Chris Davies in the EA FC thread, I agree that we don't see those collisions like in FIFA 16 where your AI defense might just hammer down the attacker making a run, that's because of the space in FIFA 23 which I have noticed, I think that is more to do with their obsession with 1v1 when you are on attack. I also noticed that especially certain players in the AI team are more aggressive than others. Is this some sort of player traits thing or just a coincidence?

Considering how attack oriented and empty FIFA 20s gameplay feels after a while to me, with no midfield, and since 21 felt like it was an insanely out of control goal fest (from the time I spent with it at a friends home), and the bad reviews for 22. 23 looks like a big step up in the Midfield, because I'm surprised that the AI is actually managing to pass back a few times before progressing forward in attack. I still do have a little bit of gripe when I see the way a player's legs moves once in a while in the videos, but I can't ever say anything unless I have the controller in my hand.

I cannot stop playing. I find myself constantly saving clips with cool stuff that happens. I'm a kid again.

I'm finding myself falling into boredom, having enjoyed it so much last night. I was having the same feeling you're having now.

I think i maybe need to just watch for passes, rather than force them.

It amazing how different my experience has been today...

I'm finding myself falling into boredom, having enjoyed it so much last night. I was having the same feeling you're having now.

I think i maybe need to just watch for passes, rather than force them.

It amazing how different my experience has been today...
I'm mostly playing lower rated teams, see if that makes a difference for you again.

Since the latest OS sliders I really like the game again. I had some serious issues after one of the last patches (can’t remember which one) with ridiculous scorelines like if I was playing with default sliders, although I had always applied the current OS ones.
But now I have some very enjoyable games again. I can (have to) overlook the floatiness of the animations and the skating, but the variety in gameplay and in the ai attacking patterns is probably the best I’ve seen in any football game up to date. Almost in every game I see some animations or actions I’ve not seen before. Can’t thank @Matt10 and his dudes at OS enough for this.

Only thing is, contrary to Matt or @saturator I don’t get fouls. It’s probably due to the playstyle, I don’t know.

And EA seem to have broken something with the quick tactics and attacking/defence instructions on the d-pad. Sometimes they’re completely not there. I played the women’s world cup, everything worked till the round of the last 8. From then on I couldn’t use them anymore, they were gone.
In a current league mode save the sometimes are there, sometimes not. Weird bug.

Went back to fifa 23 today. Firstly, had no sound. The glories of pc gaming. This is why I abandoned it 15 years ago! It came back in the form of the referees whistle, but 3 minutes behind. Then the ball hitting the back of the net came back, 5 or 6 minutes behind. Very strange.

I enjoyed it a more having switched to broadcast camera. I was fine for a while with the new camera fifa have designed since next gen days but after a while, I've found it very difficult to deal with. It doesnt really resemble any tv camera I've ever seen, except for.maybe at the London stadium. But also, it side scrolls way too much, and only pans at the last moment. Oh for konami's stadium camera in this game.

I eventually found a stadium where the broadcast camera isnt placed at soil-level. There is some actual height on the camera at craven cottage.

I was enjoying it more with broadcast camera. The shift in perspective isnt just about it more closely matching the planning of a tv camera, but, I think, to do with the fact that as the camera pans, it offers a far more visually dynamic perspective on player and ball movement.

It's a shame the broadcast camera is so low down. In fifa 15 it used to be a sensible height, and in the waldorf arena was as high as the nou camp.

Is anybody able to say how easy/hard it is to install a camera mod on fifa 23?

Last edited:
Went back to fifa 23 today. Firstly, had no sound. The glories of pc gaming. This is why I abandoned it 15 years ago! It came back in the form of the referees whistle, but 3 minutes behind. Then the ball hitting the back of the net came back, 5 or 6 minutes behind. Very strange.

I enjoyed it a more having switched to broadcast camera. I was fine for a while with the new camera fifa have designed since next gen days but after a while, I've found it very difficult to deal with. It doesnt really resemble any tv camera I've ever seen, except for.maybe at the London stadium. But also, it side scrolls way too much, and only pans at the last moment. Oh for konami's stadium camera in this game.

I eventually found a stadium where the broadcast camera isnt placed at soil-level. There is some actual height on the camera at craven cottage.

I was enjoying it more with broadcast camera. The shift in perspective isnt just about it more closely matching the planning of a tv camera, but, I think, to do with the fact that as the camera pans, it offers a far more visually dynamic perspective on player and ball movement.

It's a shame the broadcast camera is so low down. In fifa 15 it used to be a sensible height, and in the waldorf arena was as high as the nou camp.

Is anybody able to say how easy/hard it is to install a camera mod on fifa 23?
It might be too low for your preference, but the Default camera offers a pretty consistent view. It changed my whole perception of the game.

It might be too low for your preference, but the Default camera offers a pretty consistent view. It changed my whole perception of the game.
Thanks for the response.

My only issue is that default doesn't really pan does it? Or does it??

I'm not being big headed but World Class even on FUMA is just far too easy. I was two up against Bayern in 15 mins with Freiburg. They are a lovely set of sliders but can anyone confirm how they play on legendary? My newborn son has seen to me not being able to try them on legendary yet 😂

Back
Top Bottom