FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Something that really bug me with the demo (letting aside the questionable ball physics) is how static are the players not in the direct vicinity of the ball. In PES players seem to run all the time here they often stand like studs on the pitch. It really feels very static overall.
Which is how you'd properly defend in real life, unless you play pressing. Watch a real match or so.

Which is how you'd properly defend in real life, unless you play pressing. Watch a real match or so.
Oh, I do a lot in fact. When the ball moves, like after a pass, team blocks usually adjust their position to block the new passing lanes. In the demo they just stand hyper static. Defending is not all about pressing.

Is Volta and a young persons football/scene then? Tbh id never heard of it until it got put into Fifa this year but it certainly felt better than the 11v11 mode which 12 year olds like as well infact the kids love it.

No, hey I'm not judging those who like Volta.
Like I said in my previous message, you could very well be 50 years old and love it. It's something different. I get it.
But personally, ME MYSELF AND I, don't like that type of modes. Specially when there was still so much to be done, to be improved, to be implemented in normal, regular, 11 VS 11 football. Just feels like misdirection from EA.

"HEY HEY, WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS FEEL LIKE ACTUAL FOOTBALL BECAUSE THIS ENGINE SUCKS, SO WE'RE GOING TO DISTRACT YOU WITH SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS FLASHY-ER, EYE-CANDY-ER AND FRESH-ER UNTIL WE FIGURE IT OUT".

And it's not the first time. The Journey was more or less about that too.

Had a quick game..semi passing,shooting and manual through ball,lofted pass..Worldclass difficulty..

Not good..Presentation aside this is not football..Gameplay feels like something from a bygone era compared to the other game..

What a real shame...I don’t remember fifa being this poor for many a year...Trial deleted.

Played one game and initial impressions are that it's horrible. Pace feels good, shooting as always feels great, but didn't enjoy much else.

Honestly, it feels more on the level of the old PS2 era Fifa games than some of the more recent ones. Hard to explain but it doesn't feel 'loose' in any way.

The demo is pretty good for a demo - decent match length + Spurs in selection + NO FUT ADVERTS/BUTTONS!!!!!!

I'll stick with that. Thanks for the free game EA.

No, hey I'm not judging those who like Volta.
Like I said in my previous message, you could very well be 50 years old and love it. It's something different. I get it.
But personally, ME MYSELF AND I, don't like that type of modes. Specially when there was still so much to be done, to be improved, to be implemented in normal, regular, 11 VS 11 football. Just feels like misdirection from EA.

"HEY HEY, WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS FEEL LIKE ACTUAL FOOTBALL BECAUSE THIS ENGINE SUCKS, SO WE'RE GOING TO DISTRACT YOU WITH SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS FLASHY-ER, EYE-CANDY-ER AND FRESH-ER UNTIL WE FIGURE IT OUT".

And it's not the first time. The Journey was more or less about that too.
To me it feels nothing like real football either i was amazed when i read the Eurogamer review today and they call it a simulation. Also i have seen a few people on other sites saying they prefer PES but they wish PES had Fifas animations due to them being far superior and natural.

I just dont get it.

Oh, I do a lot in fact. When the ball moves, like after a pass, team blocks usually adjust their position to block the new passing lanes. In the demo they just stand hyper static. Defending is not all about pressing.

Gotcha. I see what you mean now.
I do notice in FIFA 20 demo defenders are significantly less mobile compare to FIFA 19. But sprinting toward the ball to defense non-stop like PES is not realistic either.

Gotcha. I see what you mean now.
I do notice in FIFA 20 demo defenders are significantly less mobile compare to FIFA 19. But sprinting toward the ball to defense non-stop like PES is not realistic either.

I agree about PES it is the other side of the extreme in that regard.

Last edited:
Had a quick game..semi passing,shooting and manual through ball,lofted pass..Worldclass difficulty..

Not good..Presentation aside this is not football..Gameplay feels like something from a bygone era compared to the other game..

What a real shame...I don’t remember fifa being this poor for many a year...Trial deleted.
At least you gave it a thorough playtest.

While it sells 15 million each year they have no reason to ever make it good or even try and make it semi realistic. The devs must be the luckiest devs in the world as whatever they do it has no affect on huge crazy sales as gamers will buy it blindly anyway.

At least you gave it a thorough playtest.

Had a fair few games now and I’m not convinced(purely gameplay)..

11vs11 feels more like a regression and a far cry from 16 or 19 out of the box..

Totally lacking in the fundamentals and far to easy just to run up the pitch and bypass defenders..Sprinting feels rubber banded with a ball that looks like it’s bouncing on a hard surface or dining room table..Passing is floaty as is crossing and lofted passes.

While the shooting retains the feel of 19 it’s much easier on semi now..

Plays like a polished pre alpha build..Everything including movement looks janky and the player’s look devoid of willing or intent..Everything is very static.

If the media and those on twitter think this is a simulation..Then I’m living in a parallel universe.

This is against the "Legendary" AI. Played 2 games and it was enough, the second one ended 5-3. Feels like you may be able to walk the ball into the net. You can carry the ball from box to box with a couple of passes or a sprint like these. There are no fouls and no real challenge apart from the fact that I can't defend properly myself. Way too easy to play in front of the defensive line turn on a defender and launch a rocket shot or pass to a teammate making a run for a 1v1 so there are too many shots and goals per match.

In short, game is garbage and I can't take seriously anyone saying otherwise.

Tip #1: Don't judge the game by playing Kick off. Start a CM. Gameplay is different which is a shame because Kick Off matches play better I think.

Tip #2: Save your trial hours so you can use them after the game release and the first patch without having to buy this. Maybe it will get better, or even worse!

Last edited:
Tried it today on pc

I think it's absolutely awful, No resemblance to football at all

They tried to make legendary more challenging, Such a joke with the scripting, Non existence of player/team ID and the lack of midfield play. Not even 100 sliders can fix this rotten core of a game.

Fouls are rare and handballs are still turned off, There's no significant difference between it and any fifa in the last 5 years.

Volta is basically fifa street from PS2 era.

19 demo was way more fun. 20 is kind of meh now. Shooting and scoring feels great. Aside from that, the improvement/changes aren't significant enough to make me spend another $60. Guess i'm not playing any game this year given that the other game is kind of ass too.

Tried it today on pc

I think it's absolutely awful, No resemblance to football at all

They tried to make legendary more challenging, Such a joke with the scripting, Non existence of player/team ID and the lack of midfield play. Not even 100 sliders can fix this rotten core of a game.

Fouls are rare and handballs are still turned off, There's no significant difference between it and any fifa in the last 5 years.

Volta is basically fifa street from PS2 era.

Fifa was better then this five years ago..The quality doesn’t even compare to 15/16(11vs11).

This is what’s so disappointing for me..

You would think with the success of single player games(offline)that ea would realise it’s still a very hungry and active market.

I get the whole FUT greed thing..But gameplay on the pitch is the bread and butter of any football game(look what happened to pes)..Poor mediocre gameplay will still leave a bad taste in consumers mouths..FUT was built off the back of much more solid gameplay..and when fifa was going from strength to strength..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom