FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

That's what it says for PC. EA Access's Twitter account stated last night that they're rolling it out everywhere from 12 noon pacific time, which is, sadly, 7pm GMT, or 8pm current UK time.

Saw a Barcelona gameplay stream from an event they did yesterday, and it looked much slower than I was expecting. So, for £4 / 10hrs... They've got me. Again. The bastards.
I honestly generally can’t stand fifa.
Am I downloading EA access to trial it.
Yes I am.
The endless search for ultimate footie game joy. Be the death of me.

What i like in FIFA? Put disc to my console and play in my favourite stadium, realistic looking banners,great atmosphere and licensed scoreboards and many licenses balls. In other game i always think why this or that one looks so poor. Looking all the time for new OF etc. 12 years ago it was normal for me editing game but today im too busy to make it. FIFA give me all in one.
If only the gameplay was good eh. EA should just buy out the Konami employees and engine and sack all those that have failed to make a good football game for many years.

I honestly generally can’t stand fifa.
Am I downloading EA access to trial it.
Yes I am.
The endless search for ultimate footie game joy. Be the death of me.

I haven't liked the demo that much, I'm super cold about Volta, I think the new stuff about career won't be this mind blowing and I don't even have this lot of time to play Pes, yet here I am toying with the idea of buying it all the same.

I think there is something wrong with us lol!

If only the gameplay was good eh. EA should just buy out the Konami employees and engine and sack all those that have failed to make a good football game for many years.

The gameplay in FIFA has been very good in modern times. FIFA 14 was superb. I've had many hours of enjoyment from FIFA since FIFA 07.

That was 6 years ago, Although i dont remember it being good as in could compete with PES 1-6.
In your opinion. And FIFA 16 was superb, that was just a few years ago.

The other game has been woeful for years now until the recent one and that's still hugely flawed. And these are just opinions, remember. We all like different things. "If only the gameplay was good eh" is a sweeping statement and not based on facts. It's just your opinion.

Are You joking? Buy engine and employees from Konami? Pes 2020 is first game use proper FOX. FIFA from 08 to FIFA 16 was superb strong football game and Konami didn’t have any chance to compete with them. The biggest mistake EA was Forsbite engine. It was a key why Konami in this moment win this battle with EA.

In your opinion. And FIFA 16 was superb, that was just a few years ago.

The other game has been woeful for years now until the recent one and that's still hugely flawed. And these are just opinions, remember. We all like different things. "If only the gameplay was good eh" is a sweeping statement and not based on facts. It's just your opinion.
It is my opinion and as i said before to you im glad you think it's great.

Are You joking? Buy engine and employees from Konami? Pes 2020 is first game use proper FOX. FIFA from 08 to FIFA 16 was superb strong football game and Konami didn’t have any chance to compete with them. The biggest mistake EA was Forsbite engine. It was a key why Konami in this moment win this battle with EA.
It’s the wrong thread lads but Konami aren’t winning any battles. FIFA will still outsell PES by the bucketload.

I couldn't be less excited for this FIFA.
Would you believe me if I told you I couldn't play more than 5 games with the Demo? I actually quit before the 5th match ended and uninstalled it.
Even though I still think it's better than 19, it's still not what I expect from EA SPORTS FIFA.
But at this point, honestly, what should I expect so much? Why is the bar set so high when they have failed (IMHO) to live up to the expectations for the past 4 years? I should lower my expectations.

I'll probably get the game somewhere between the end of the year or the beginning of the next one once I kinda need to move away and clear my mind from the other game (and the modding scene), when the price drops or there's a major discount.

FIFA feels more and more like a Tony Hawk game and less like what I watch on TV or play myself with friends every week.

Would you believe me if I told you I couldn't play more than 5 games with the Demo? I actually quit before the 5th match ended and uninstalled it.
Even though I still think it's better than 19, it's still not what I expect from EA SPORTS FIFA.
But at this point, honestly, what should I expect so much? Why is the bar set so high when they have failed (IMHO) to live up to the expectations for the past 4 years? I should lower my expectations.

I'll probably get the game somewhere between the end of the year or the beginning of the next one once I kinda need to move away and clear my mind from the other game (and the modding scene), when the price drops or there's a major discount.

FIFA feels more and more like a Tony Hawk game and less like what I watch on TV or play myself with friends every week.
Volta is the best thing about Fifa now.

Perfectly summed up really.

The thing is, EA don’t have any competition so they don’t have to ever ‘get out of second gear:’ Sure, the other game is a lot better this year. But you’ll still get loads of gamers trading it in on Tuesday for FIFA 20. Because the multiplayer and FUT is so addictive to these guys.

Football gaming is in a weird place right now. I’m not convinced by either franchise anymore.

Perfectly summed up really.

The thing is, EA don’t have any competition so they don’t have to ever ‘get out of second gear:’ Sure, the other game is a lot better this year. But you’ll still get loads of gamers trading it in on Tuesday for FIFA 20. Because the multiplayer and FUT is so addictive to these guys.

Football gaming is in a weird place right now. I’m not convinced by either franchise anymore.

Problem is that they both don't have any competition imo. I'm sure Konami is more than fine taking the smallest piece of an oceanic cake.

Problem is that they both don't have any competition imo. I'm sure Konami is more than fine taking the smallest piece of an oceanic cake.
Very true.

We’re desperate for a third major player to come along and put a spanner in the works.

Not showing as available in my Origin Early Access. I am joined as Basic £3.99 a month member. This better not need Premier access (£14.99), because if so, that goes against information I grabbed last night from their own FAQ's:-

EA Basic should be enough for 10 hour trial.jpg

Just to preface for those who aren't familiar my history with the series, I have enjoyed FIFA despite it's flaws over the past decade. FIFA.png

(plus 50 hours or so of Pro Clubs on console).

Anywho, I've played a handful of matches of the full game so far and what can I say, it's disappointing. I feel like I've been warped back in time to an era where FIFA was truly awful. The only positives I can take away from my experience thus far is the atmosphere and the shooting. It's still too easy to exploit the wings, the pace is frantic, the animations are for the most part, poor, lack of fouls, I've seen the AI do some incredibly wonky passes/touches. I've seen shit like this a few times just over the course of several matches.

These sorts of 180/360 no look passes have always plagued FIFA, but I feel like it's especially egregious in FIFA 20.

The biggest issue I have is that, unbeknownst to me, I appear to be playing Paper Mario. It's as if I'm effortlessly maneuvering a paper boat on a smooth surface. There's very little in the way of weight or "tactile feel" to the ball or the players (especially the former). Again, this has been an issue in FIFA for awhile, but it's even more apparent this time around.

I guess the long and the short of it is that, FIFA was doing enough for me personally to look past the subpar passing physics and other gameplay issues, but it's all finally come to a head with this latest installment. FIFA 20 is the straw that broke the camel's back. The issues are too glaring and even worse, amplified, that it really makes for a subpar experience. It feels antiquated, like a relic from last generation. This series is crying out for an overhaul.

EA had an incredibly solid game in FIFA 19 demo/initial release and decided to crush it up and throw it into the wind over the course of the past year. We all know who to thank for this mess. The good ol' Gamechangers program where EA enlists people who admit they don't even watch football to help them "enhance" their game, but I digress. Unless I have a drastic change of heart, this will be the first year in many that I don't dump hundreds of hours into the game.

Essentially how I felt while playing the full version.

EDIT: Whoops, should have posted this in the PC discussion thread.

Last edited:
Just had a real laugh out loud moment on the trial

Started a Career Mode with Liverpool and created myself as a player with 99 stats (I've done this since I was a kid).

Started the Career and went to sign me to a new contract as they always stick created players on one year deals. He's on £820k a week but agrees to sign a 3 year extension but for £600k a week; £220k a week less than current.

The next day I get a notification from the Liverpool board sacking me for agreeing a contract so high that it would cause dressing room unrest! Hadn't even played a match! :LMAO:

And I would be thrilled and filled with excitement if I was 12.
Is Volta and a young persons football/scene then? Tbh id never heard of it until it got put into Fifa this year but it certainly felt better than the 11v11 mode which 12 year olds like as well infact the kids love it.

Just downloading the full game off ea access for a trial..

I’m going to approach it with a open mind..

Haven’t had the time to try the demo but there were a lot of elements I liked in 19..

Will post my thoughts...

Just had a real laugh out loud moment on the trial

Started a Career Mode with Liverpool and created myself as a player with 99 stats (I've done this since I was a kid).

Started the Career and went to sign me to a new contract as they always stick created players on one year deals. He's on £820k a week but agrees to sign a 3 year extension but for £600k a week; £220k a week less than current.

The next day I get a notification from the Liverpool board sacking me for agreeing a contract so high that it would cause dressing room unrest! Hadn't even played a match! :LMAO:

I do actually love that feature. In reality I guess the club just wouldn't sanction the transfer in the first place, but it still gives you something else to think about at least.

Just to preface for those who aren't familiar my history with the series, I have enjoyed FIFA despite it's flaws over the past decade. View attachment 20233

(plus 50 hours or so of Pro Clubs on console).

Anywho, I've played a handful of matches of the full game so far and what can I say, it's disappointing. I feel like I've been warped back in time to an era where FIFA was truly awful. The only positives I can take away from my experience thus far is the atmosphere and the shooting. It's still too easy to exploit the wings, the pace is frantic, the animations are for the most part, poor, lack of fouls, I've seen the AI do some incredibly wonky passes/touches. I've seen shit like this a few times just over the course of several matches.

These sorts of 180/360 no look passes have always plagued FIFA, but I feel like it's especially egregious in FIFA 20.

The biggest issue I have is that, unbeknownst to me, I appear to be playing Paper Mario. It's as if I'm effortlessly maneuvering a paper boat on a smooth surface. There's very little in the way of weight or "tactile feel" to the ball or the players (especially the former). Again, this has been an issue in FIFA for awhile, but it's even more apparent this time around.

I guess the long and the short of it is that, FIFA was doing enough for me personally to look past the subpar passing physics and other gameplay issues, but it's all finally come to a head with this latest installment. FIFA 20 is the straw that broke the camel's back. The issues are too glaring and even worse, amplified, that it really makes for a subpar experience. It feels antiquated, like a relic from last generation. This series is crying out for an overhaul.

EA had an incredibly solid game in FIFA 19 demo/initial release and decided to crush it up and throw it into the wind over the course of the past year. We all know who to thank for this mess. The good ol' Gamechangers program where EA enlists people who admit they don't even watch football to help them "enhance" their game, but I digress. Unless I have a drastic change of heart, this will be the first year in many that I don't dump hundreds of hours into the game.

Essentially how I felt while playing the full version.

EDIT: Whoops, should have posted this in the PC discussion thread.

Maybe it’s not a good idea I try the trial..Your a very likeminded person who like me enjoyed fully manual for many years and also liked 19 unpatched..

I do actually love that feature. In reality I guess the club just wouldn't sanction the transfer in the first place, but it still gives you something else to think about at least.
Only problem it causes is I'll never be able to keep my version of me longer than a season :ROLL:

Back
Top Bottom