FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

It is a bit ropey.I have Adama Traore in FUT and he runs the length of the pitch in about 4 seconds and then scores with 60 shooting

Problem is...I am an online player and while the other game plays great and more realistic MyClub is just rancid and boring as there is nothing to do on it,its a hollow mode that needs a revamp

For anyone that enjoys online and even though its pay for an advantage...FUT is very engaging and full of stuff to do its everything that the other games mode isn't....Thats why it sells like it does no matter what....i will stick with it because i value online...If i didn't play online though then i wouldn't go near it

This is awful.

This is the first year in a long time where, with FIFA, I've played the demo / early access and just gone "nope, this is horrendous and can't be rescued".

I hope the reviewers pan it, and I don't see how they can't. Other than the admittedly spectacular shooting, it's the worst modern FIFA. It's got nothing going for it.

The AI does nothing now, it is the dumbest AI in a modern football game (thanks for ruining this game by constantly moaning about the skill gap, you eSports tossers).

The ball physics are hilarious, it's unbelievable. They are ACTUALLY WORSE than last year, purely because they vary to an insane degree (one pass doesn't even reach its target, the next flies as if it's been fired from a cannon).

As others have said, the whole game reminds me of the PS2 days when a dev would come along and go "let's make a fresh football game" and the entire feel would be wrong.

A couple of clips from my last game, on Ultimate. Ended up drawing 3-3.

Absolutely died laughing at the second clip. The AI's goal was the highlight of my play session, and even that, on closer inspection, is horrendous.

Pause the last clip when the left foot is fully vertical. Check out the leg/feet positions. Broken bones everywhere.

Did one match and was shocked how bad the game is.
But what is even worse, as I wanted to play another one, my whole controller settings (changed some buttons) where all gone. And I couldn't set them again, because some of them where greyed out and I couldn't do anything. Shooting for example was suddenly set to manual, and I changed them from assisted to semi before. Does anybody have the same problems?

I know I’m gonna get pelters for this and I honestly can’t believe I’m going to say it.
Played one game when it gives you the demo teams before fully downloading.
I really enjoyed it. Haha.
Not trying to be a troll. I’m sure after a few games the novelty will where off and I’ll think it’s terrible, which usually happens with fifa for me.
Finally you can actually cross a ball and it doesn’t feel end to end at all for me. Felt like there were angles to be created. I don’t use sprint much though and only in context like when there’s a loose ball or space to be advanced into.
I’ll wait till it fully downloads now and start a career with a mid prem team and see how it goes.

Matt10 video

Jesus that presentation at the start is incredible!! That view also makes it look better than it is.

But my god the animations are so god dam weird. So janky. I dont understand how the basic walking and basic running animations can be this bad in 2019.

Next Gen i hope EA can work on animations and just make the players feel planet. That and have players less rigid in thier formations.

Also bring back Rutter the series is lost without him.

Last edited:
Started a PL on Legendary as Bournemouth. Best Sheffield United 5-0, and I'm a guy who was struggling for wins in my FIFA 19 save. Beat Aston Villa 4-0. Just ridiculous.

When the AI has the ball, they make no runs whatsoever. Two strikers move up, the midfield line barely moves up from the halfway line. All because eSports players don't like it when the AI, er, does things. Imagine that.

Started a new one on Ultimate, as Leicester. Simmed until Christmas to see what happens. Norwich top of the Premier League by 9pts. Erm.

Anyway, on Ultimate. Got bored and decided to hold sprint down with a defender and see how far I could get.

I mean.

What's the point?

I genuinely am so shocked at how bad this is. It's like it's on purpose.

Christ that looks woeful.

PES for single player this year for sure! Still looking forward to playing this in multiplayer though.

I take it back.
Playing slowly on slow, it was quite enjoyable. Having a touch turning and playing passes.
I then decided in the champions league against Shakhtar to just play with sprint and pass as fast as I could.
7-0 after 60 minutes on Legendary.
Turned it off.

Attachments

• 8BE80542-9967-49B2-AF8C-0FBCD76E33DB.jpeg
    8BE80542-9967-49B2-AF8C-0FBCD76E33DB.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
Started a PL on Legendary as Bournemouth. Best Sheffield United 5-0, and I'm a guy who was struggling for wins in my FIFA 19 save. Beat Aston Villa 4-0. Just ridiculous.

When the AI has the ball, they make no runs whatsoever. Two strikers move up, the midfield line barely moves up from the halfway line. All because eSports players don't like it when the AI, er, does things. Imagine that.

Started a new one on Ultimate, as Leicester. Simmed until Christmas to see what happens. Norwich top of the Premier League by 9pts. Erm.

Anyway, on Ultimate. Got bored and decided to hold sprint down with a defender and see how far I could get.

I mean.

What's the point?

That’s dreadful.
It seems to have been made purely for online, Coop or 1v1 in general. Take some back to the complaints about last years AI defence bring to organized etc. It was after that initial update I stopped enjoying 19.

Yeah it's a shame but this just isn't doing anything for me at all. I can't put my finger on why, but something about the 'ebb and flow' of a match in this game just feels nothing like a real football match... Just feels so archaic.
Also I appreciate giving the player more control, but there are far too many button commands in this game (i.e the new double tap X or triangle for a 'lofted' pass). Certain things definitely should be contextual in order to highlight the difference between certain players, but I guess they don't agree with that.

I only play online and like it.

Played some FUT friendlies online first which was a good way to be get used to the game without using any contacts/fitness. Different from demo as it is easier to intercept poorly thought out passes.

Surprised nobody likes it here, it plays brilliant online. Nobody can do first time finesse shots now, shooting from 180 degrees doesn't work. Must be totally different against the AI. Video of defender running all the way upfield does look wrong and I struggle to believe that is legendary but if it is, EA need to work on their AI! Doesn't affect me though since I am online only.

Played the 5 qualifier games for FUT rivals and won 4 of the 5 making I stay in division 5. Last year I lost all of them I think.

Game feels pretty solid from what I have seen

I really don't understand why you hate this game.
It's far better than FIFA 18/19.
On slow and champion difficulty, there are some battle in midfield, Attack and defense are really greats this year.
Better animations, very solid goalkeepers.
I really love it.
My videos can't be seen yet on xboxclip to show you all these good things.
I'm on Xbox One X with manuel/semi settings

For now I play only offline with the single mode match.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why you hâte this game.
It's far better than FIFA 18/19.
On slow and champion difficulty, there are some battle in midfield, Attack and defense are really greats this year.
Better animations, very solid goalkeepers.
I really love it.
My videos can't be seen yet on xboxclip to show you all these good things.
I'm on Xbox One X with manuel/semi settings

Phew I'm not alone (on here anyway) I'm playing with more assisted controls and as such would play legendary AI in the demo but can understand why you are playing a level down if using manual. Doubt I will play AI again now that I have the full game though.

You're right, the goalkeepers are great. Have saved me on multiple occasions, once doing a triple save from close range which looked believable. My opponent would have been raging though!

Played a quick game of Volta before bed and was winning 11-1 when the guy quit. Very one sided but preferred that to it being random. Haven't played against a team that has a keeper yet (other than the beta) so it feels a bit easy when playing someone who doesn't know how to play. I prefer 11vs11 so far but it has potential.

FIFA is too assisted on default seetings : i can't bear all these shoots on crossbar, ping passes with no errors and no control. I want to do why I want to do, not the Cpu choice.
I hate FIFA with all assistances on.
It's a really different game with semi/manuel settings.
I Always play first hours of FIFA on Champion.
Past years, the AI and the script on Legendary pissed me off so hard : one shot, one goal.
I Hope you will enjoy it liké me.
If you have played many hours on FIFA 18/19 and you enjoyed it, FIFA 20 will be a very good game for you I think.
Speed, animations,GK, space, AI, shoots and pass variety are better on FIFA 20

Last edited:
What bothers me most is that the scorelines and tables are as unrealistic as ever.
I can't believe how hard it can be to sort this out? It's been like this for so many years now.

pwgl0rampnn31.jpg

I mean.

What's the point?

Hi man. i normally stay away from this section, as everyone knows my beef with EA and their gameplay but enough is enough now!

I think its time, we are not at a point where we just have to be brutal and tell EA the truth.

They have to start again from now, i believe going back to FIFA 11 and working from there is the only way forward! I did download the demo yesterday and honestly this is probably the very worst football game of all time in terms of pure gameplay when you consider the budget which has gone into the game.

The little kid in me came back to stop the anger, now i'm genuinely like you a bit shell shocked i am. I still remember as a 5-6 year old playing FIFA 95 an then especially FIFA 96 along with 10 other football games around at the time.

There is just something very surreal about this time to be alive. Its like this game has finally used up all its excuses and deception in avoiding making keep fundamental changes to create a solid, free base for so, so long, its like the end of a long ponzi scheme almost, they cannot kick this can down the road any longer.

I haven't play FIFA anymore because i already got my peak fix from its visuals and atmosphere, i got that back even in the PS2 era, as an artist, that's what i reallly liked about the FIFA modding community, it as just all about artwork and pure having fun and the whole football atmosphere, experience. PES was just all about amazing, wonderful slick gameplay and creating your own personal legend. They both had their appeals to me in the 2000's and mid to late 90's they where both special to me but i have very much fallen out of love with EA for such a very long time.

I like honesty, i don't like liars, EA love to lie and do dishonorable things like release the demo on the same date PES releases its full game, really scummy move imo! this sums up their arrogance over the years and shows they their game is a complete and utter mess in terms of gameplay.

Thing is i don't even want to speak much about the FIFA 20 demo, instead i will just upload clips later to show why this game has reached the end and we need a reset, for the good of people who love FIFA, this engine was on a highway to the hell we have in FIFA 20 as soon as the coped out of sorting out the pressure issue way back in FIFA 12, there was no, never and absolutely no point making 'tactical defending'. What EA needed to do was improve the fundamentals in regards to stamina (Obviously) and how players are allowed to control the ball depending on their ball control and dribbling stats and built animation sets on this depending on milestones between 90-85-80-75-70 as we have always seen in PES and sometimes not seen enough. This isn't easy its hard and takes time to do and test, but EA avoided it. They hid away from this and this lead to a reoccurring theme of some bullshit 'engine' added every year, bear in mind ontop of the core basic arcade game that FIFA 11 was, aaaaand which still needed to preserve the 'silky smooth animations' every year so the game remained liner and generic but every year to hide the flaws, to hide how shallow the game still was they removed, more and more freedom from the game.

FIFA 20 Two key points and then after that its just videos.

- Tactics in the demo at least are restricted and broken, you not allowed to change the formation in attacking, ultra attacking etc.. this is an attempt to hide how rigid, heavily on rails and scripted the gameplay is. I did managed to win 1 game out of 10 using non serious, experimental Chelsea teams against Real Madrid on legendary in the demo, so at least there was a challenge which kept me playing in using a weak Chelsea team vs the big side in Madrid. But every match i played of this fixture was the carbon copy same game, the only difference was some of my crazy experimental aggressive formations to see what the game was about. All Real Madrid did every game, every single game was just run down the wing and cross o the far post, every game!

- I remember back on FIFA 98, i'm sure of it, you could man mark, yet despite it being almost 21 years ago now and we are in a day where your phone could probably play FIFA 98 along with 94-97 on a $50 cheap smartphone with ease, there is no direct, man marking whatsoever in this game. No, instead in 'Role's you can be either 'Conservative, balanced or Aggressive. That shows just how far EA go to hide things, they have taken away the very basics for you in areas to force you to play in a certian way or to force you not to even care about any simulation aspect, the only simulation here is the wonderful graphics and atmosphere an how players line up and prepare to take corners etc..

Everyone hear speak about the same thing, players 'float' and 'skate'. Its because this is a pure animations first driven game, the physics are essentially non existent, the best way to describe it is 'canned', on rails. The priority in the programming here is making sure everything is smooth, that's it!

My post here is to remind everyone what FIFA used to do so well became you can see its totally lost now in single player vs the CPU.

This is what FIFA should go back to then work from there, just make the game fun again at least, its like what my man @MafiaMurderBag says, it would be nice to have two really good football games doing different things for everyone to enjoy both, it would be nice to have more mind you :) !

I have early access but reading the views of people on here whose opinion I respect, I think I am might wait until the release day patch and then use my 10 hours to see if that improves that game.

It's absolutely horrible. What on earth have they done?

Fifa 19 wasn't amazing but was at least enjoyable. It feels like all they've done since Fifa 19 is hit a randomise button on the gameplay variables and just run with it.

It literally just feels like a broken version of Fifa 19.

Just a bunch of years ago they had Fifa 16.. just saying.. they wouldn't need to rediscover the wheel, it would just be enough to take that one and build more stuff around that kind of concepts.. which they never will, of course.. no idea what would actually bring them to reconsider their choices Indeed..

I'm glad I've still got my fifa 19 and 16 saves if I ever feel the need for a broadcast package 'hit'...

Never thought it would be this bad. Actually expected this to be the year fifa strode out ahead of pes...

THis game is so full of bugs, even before you get onto the field. I know its early access, but still!

The trainer comes back every game even if you take it off, the controller settings switch back to classic from alternate every new match. the day/night settings don't change at all.

What a joke, i cant even try build a flow to enjoy it like this.

Nothing says you're enjoying a game better than when you're trying to intentionally break it for a laugh and it actually works! This is breathtakingly bad. It's up there with that touchline jog bug from PES 2011.

EA ignore exploits and buggy defending every year. The kickoff bug has become a scummy dis-honest staple of online FIFA for years now and it never gets addressed. this game is dead as a dodo, especially offline and it's just a zombie-fied cash in at this point.

This is what FIFA should go back to then work from there, just make the game fun again at least, its like what my man @MafiaMurderBag says, it would be nice to have two really good football games doing different things for everyone to enjoy both, it would be nice to have more mind you :) !
The way the market has changed over the last few years is a big influence over the way these games have formed. It's pretty tragic. They're not just competing with each other for football fans, They're competing with gamers who want a fast fix of adrenaline based gaming. The logic and fundamentals are the afterthought now and those of us who want a little bit of realism and balance are laughed at and called hardcore fanboy.. (you know the rest) and that we need to get a life.

The thing is, Most of us don't expect a brutal, Dark Souls difficulty and Gran Turismo realism, but we certainly want a good compromise - 10 years ago this was exactly the direction FIFA was going in and it was a bloody best seller. You mentioned FIFA 11 and that was a game where it finally felt like incredible animations were finally being married up with logical gameplay and you were being rewarded for making sense with your play. So it was popular and it could be now but i just think there's a business strategy in there where they are convinced that people refuse to play anything that methodical. Not to mention 10 years ago social media wasn't anywhere near as influential as it is now and communication with developers was still largely vacant.

I sound like a lapsed old fart, Maybe i sound dumb because i can take last gen graphics or i'm happy with 16; Even 8 directions of movement and passing but for me, If i don't enjoy the latest and "definitive" release of a football game - I just pop in any one from a choice of dozens of older football games i do enjoy. Most people who know me on here knows that kinda goes without saying, I'm a Retro PES guy but i also enjoy the Retro FIFA games.

I suggest everyone who is dis-satisfied with FIFA 20 go back and try FIFA's from 09-16... Just try them, give them a chance. It's like getting a jab at the doctors - It's not half as bad as what you're expecting and after a couple games, It's impossible to not find them fun and then you can reach your own conclusion about what's missing from the shiny new game.

Hello,

After testing FIFA 19, which I found horrible (although, compared to what it will follow), I decided to test (Origin Access) FIFA 20, and my first impression: It's horrible.

The physics of the players, it's shameful to see that, it looks like giant frogs, players on suspension, rotations and terrible direction changes.
Ball controls .. Players sometimes do 360° with their ankles.

Passes, when making a pass, the ball goes slowly (EA seems to want to give the impression that the game is slow) and before arriving in the feet of the receiver, the ball accelerates like a cannonball. Unbelievable.

EA is strong for the atmosphere of the stadiums, the licenses, the immersion, the content, but for the rest it's totally horrible.
If EA was making a handball game, it would be really good :LMAO:

Finally, I spent more time watching the intro (VOLTA) than playing.
I uninstalled and I will not buy this opus.

Sorry for my English guys.

Cya.

Back
Top Bottom