FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I don't think saying football game demos are pointless is fair. Some of the best football game gameplay have been delivered in demos. FIFA16 one is my all time favorite football game gameplay. Also go tell that on this year PES thread.
It is just that developers nowadays do not stick to their initial vision and games keeps evolving during their year of release with more patch every year most of the time for the worse. The product you own at the end of the release year is not the same that the one you bought in the first place. Demos are just the first steps of this evolution.

It’s probably because I’ve been playing so much of the other game but I played this v my brother this evening.

It’s awful. Absolutely woeful. We actually laughed at how bad it is in the end.

Apart from the shooting which is sublime, everything is so unnatural. From the way the players move, to the passing, to the way everything moves at 1000 mph. The gangly, weird player models, the OTT flow of everything...it’s just...bad. This isn’t football. I don’t know what it is but it isn’t the beautiful game that I’m in love with.

EA - go back to the drawing board. Scrap this borked engine. Stop trying to please the 12 year old FUT kids and have some pride in your work. You’re the director who made awesome indie movies and you have the capabilities to make the next Sundance Festival. But instead you cave in and make Star Wars because it pays better and more people will watch it.

I don't think saying football game demos are pointless is fair. Some of the best football game gameplay have been delivered in demos. FIFA16 one is my all time favorite football game gameplay. Also go tell that on this year PES thread.
It is just that developers nowadays do not stick to their initial vision and games keeps evolving during their year of release with more patch every year most of the time for the worse. The product you own at the end of the release year is not the same that the one you bought in the first place. Demos are just the first steps of this evolution.

I think I find them rather pointless for the same reason. They're just a sliver of the game's life but one that's restricted to single games at five minutes a go, which won't sustain many, if any, for an entire year.

Anyways, just played Volta in the demo after someone asked about it and I realised I hadn't tried it yet.

I've never felt older.

It’s probably because I’ve been playing so much of the other game but I played this v my brother this evening.

It’s awful. Absolutely woeful. We actually laughed at how bad it is in the end.

Apart from the shooting which is sublime, everything is so unnatural. From the way the players move, to the passing, to the way everything moves at 1000 mph. The gangly, weird player models, the OTT flow of everything...it’s just...bad. This isn’t football. I don’t know what it is but it isn’t the beautiful game that I’m in love with.

EA - go back to the drawing board. Scrap this borked engine. Stop trying to please the 12 year old FUT kids and have some pride in your work. You’re the director who made awesome indie movies and you have the capabilities to make the next Sundance Festival. But instead you cave in and make Star Wars because it pays better and more people will watch it.

Summed up how I feel. Actually played it a bit more this evening having dropped the difficulty level. This allowed me to get more shots in and they are indeed very satisfying. But the player movement is so bizarre that I can barely take it seriously.

But the player movement is so bizarre that I can barely take it seriously.

And this is the best version of player movement in fifa: Champions League matches. Regular matches have a different feel (for the worse), at least in 19. Someone, somewhere at EA is totally in love with the idea of inconsistent gameplay.

Well then just don't buy it, EA will only change if they're hit in their pockets

I'd say fifa 20 has the same graphic updates compared to 19

Last edited:
And this is the best version of player movement in fifa: Champions League matches. Regular matches have a different feel (for the worse), at least in 19. Someone, somewhere at EA is totally in love with the idea of inconsistent gameplay.

Shudder to think what it'll be like when I get my hands on Aberdeen and the Scottish Premiership.

It's when the AI slows down with the ball at their feet and the player just stutters and shimmies. And the AI appears to use more skill moves which can get really old really quickly.

Well, that demo was a disaster in my opinion. Its purpose was to sell the game to me and it has failed miserably. Talk, be it from EA or fans, won't undo that horrific experience that was the FIFA20 demo.

Sliders ain't fixing that nonsense, and it was complete nonsense in my opinion.

That won't stop the Wilson lootbox, but seems like UK law might be about to once it deals with...well, y'know.

Am I the only one who actually is enjoying the game? I think it's step up (altough that doesn't say much) from FIFA 19 and I think the AI and ball physics has improved a lot. Scoring in this game is also soo much more satisfying than PES.
Yeah the animations and player movement are really weird but it doesn't bother me that much.

Am I the only one who actually is enjoying the game? I think it's step up (altough that doesn't say much) from FIFA 19 and I think the AI and ball physics has improved a lot. Scoring in this game is also soo much more satisfying than PES.
Yeah the animations and player movement are really weird but it doesn't bother me that much.

Nope, I am enjoying it too. Very short games but playing against Legendary makes for a good game.

Watched some of the replays and they have really nailed the contract points for headers etc. The ball bobbles about and needs controlled as you run. Last night, I was messing about with skill moves and managed to get Neymar to chest the ball to Cavani to score.

Such flexibility in what you can do with the vast array of controls available to you. You can play as simple or as complex as you like.

Roll on Wednesday when it comes out on EA Access!

Scoring isn’t satisfying though because I get to do it every few minutes without having to think about what I’m doing.

I beat Real Madrid, with Spurs, on Legendary, 5-0 yesterday and I didn’t get out of second gear. The AI is a mess.

It's same old, same old in that regard. That familiar one-two zig zag down the channels unlocks defences with ease. And it's still very easy to press, forcing the CPU into mistakes at the back.

I tried it a bit this morning before leaving.

Twitchy legs and arms are starting to be really hard to watch. And the general weighlessness of the players.. I don't like it honestly. When I pay a bit more attention to the stuff happening on screen there is almost always something ruining my immersion. Like those knee passes I'm seeing here and there for example.. they look so weird and "wrong".. like it's something out of context..
Anyway, I'm also seeing nice things by cpu, like players playing more to their traits and the such. I don't find it easy at all but maybe it's because I haven't played Fifa 19 in a long while. So I don't know, I guess I'll wait to see what trusted people say about the complete game.

Anyway, a bit of a note on "Volta".
As I wrote other times, I was completey in love with the old indoor Fifa 98 mode. So I was waiting for this with a certain hype let's say.
But as I started Volta in the demo.. well, fuck. The intro itself was to cringy for a moment I considered just rebooting the pc since it's not skippable.
If you could for example do a proper, kinda serious season with tranfers and all, or at the very least an organized league or cup, and you could just have the 5v5 "vanilla" gameplay (not interested in the other ones) like here:

I'd buy Fifa 20 for this only.
But since it seems it will all be about that lame storyline and all the other gameplays combined, not for me I guess :BYE:.

Last edited:
I have found a way this afternoon to replace JayZinho with Neymar in Volta, it puts him in visually, and showing as the named player overriding what used to be JayZinho in Vincius Jr's side, but I dont think Neymar's stats/skillset go into the gameplay, but hopefully that can be done too.

I used Cheat Engine 7.0

Anyway, even if its just the visual of him in there doing tricks when set to CPU vs CPU, its better than nothing ahead of 19th...

I will try some more players later, trying to get Salah alongside him...and then if people want instructions on what I did, which in Cheat Engine terms is damn simple compared to the cam view trick, then let me know and I will do a write up.

Ok, my mess up, Neymar's name shows in team and as the player "JayZinho", but silly me didnt get a proper close up look at the "newly replaced JayZinho....", turns out it is still Jayzinho under that damn basecall cap.....mistake I made when all excited that I had inserted Neymar was to not realize he looks like Neymar from the only camera view we are given in Volta.

Who knows though, maybe Neymar's skills are "inserted" into him, being as the game is showing Neymar's name in the team when i apply this, but lets forget I started all this!!

CPU vs CPU is showing some good skills with these street players, watching for an hour or so and some ball in the air skills showing that were not even in Fifa Street 4 (2012 version), I cannot wait for full game to see what Neymar attempts.

;)

Back
Top Bottom