FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Amazing, thank you.
Hopefully they sort it out. Games that utilise dx12 properly perform so, so well. Even ones that release it post launch, the improved performance is at times MASSIVE.
Unfortunately, all Frostbite Engine games struggle with DirectX 12. It seems like the engine in its current state is not really built around it.

In Volta shooting is locked on manual. Interesting..
I was hoping it would be the pro clubs replacement, as that is full of so many cheats, bugs and exploits that it's just a shambles.

In typical EA fashion though, no it isn't. Shame really because even though it's a bit weird, locking shooting to manual as you've said would be a really nice touch in a 3vs3 multiplayer mode

In Volta shooting is locked on manual. Interesting..
I've played a few games, I can see this being very popular especially as a party game. So wouldn't take it so seriously, the one thing that bothers me is the auto skills after passing, shooting find that quite jarring, tbh the mode feels a bit on the rails.

guys, after seeing the complaints at the other game's forum, i have decided to stick with fifa 20 this year, i want to play a game that has variety in shooting, ai which plays at least like a normal person or close to a human, and a game that i can stick with the whole year.

You and me both

Why does every player look like they've just smelt a particularly savage fart when they're shooting? :LOL:

ezgif-3-f5ceaac84886.gif

Just gave Volta a go and colour me surprised - with not-amazing players, it seems pretty good.

...except... I won 4-0, in my first ever game, on Legendary, literally before half time. :SHOCK:Absolutely ruins the game, how easy it is.

Played away to Real as Dortmund in a "proper" game afterwards, passing and shooting on semi, Legendary. Speed seemed okay on the co-op camera zoomed out (although I'm not sure if the zoom function actually works in this demo, it didn't seem to move).

It was actually a pretty good experience, I enjoyed it. I misplaced plenty of passes - but the AI doesn't misplace them. Bearing that in mind... How the hell do they never win?

Last edited:
For those who have found the AI too easy, isn't it always nerfed somewhat for the demo each year? The idea presumably being that people can score, even in very short demo games.

For those who have found the AI too easy, isn't it always nerfed somewhat for the demo each year? The idea presumably being that people can score, even in very short demo games.
The most common offline complaint last year was that the game was far too easy on any difficulty. Loads of videos from YouTubers and regular Joes alike, showing how easy it is.

Feels like dribbling and beating a man is too easy, and defending too hard (for the AI anyway). Combine that with the AI's only effective tool being to ping-pong you to death and... It gets really dull.

Luckily I found 19 harder by using sliders, but only by playing as a poor team in a top flight league. Playing as a poor team in a poor league, or a great team in a great league, you'll never be beat.

I tried the demo but it feels exactly the same as 19, if I didn’t know it was 20 I’d honestly not know the difference.

The Volta is fun but I’m not 15 anymore and the mode isn’t going to be what’s fIFA Street was back in the day.

Very disappointed but not shocked, I hope the new engine breathes new life into FIFA as its stale as 2 week old bread.

Played this again earlier. I can’t get past how damn easy it is.

If they keep the speed the same then it will be fun in multiplayer but no chance I’m buying this for Career Mode. I’ll be winning the league by November.

@rockstrongo - you wanted to see league positions didn't you?

Check this out - fast forward to 1:00 in and pause it for a good look, and there's another season simmed at 5:50.

What do you think? Still not enough wins for the league champions, for me.

@rockstrongo - you wanted to see league positions didn't you?

Check this out - fast forward to 1:00 in and pause it for a good look, and there's another season simmed at 5:50.

What do you think? Still not enough wins for the league champions, for me.

Looking at the first season,it's great we all know how bad it's been since 17 with teams winning it on 70 PTS.
Great news

The most common offline complaint last year was that the game was far too easy on any difficulty. Loads of videos from YouTubers and regular Joes alike, showing how easy it is.

Feels like dribbling and beating a man is too easy, and defending too hard (for the AI anyway). Combine that with the AI's only effective tool being to ping-pong you to death and... It gets really dull.

The game is too easy and I've never complained about it before (but I never played 18/19 for long because -for me- they were awful).

I think the following clip sums up the defensive side of the game: No midfield, and a 1v1 chance with 2 easy passes. If they don't fix the defensive AI the game is going to be dogshit. If they make it more difficult just by improving the attacking AI, the game is going to be even worse. But will EA upset all the FUT idiots who shout "nerf AI defending"? Good luck with that...

The game is too easy and I've never complained about it before (but I never played 18/19 for long because -for me- they were awful).

I think the following clip sums up the defensive side of the game: No midfield, and a 1v1 chance with 2 easy passes. If they don't fix the defensive AI the game is going to be dogshit. If they make it more difficult just by improving the attacking AI, the game is going to be even worse. But will EA upset all the FUT *****s who shout "nerf AI defending"? Good luck with that...

Sliders can fix that by bringing the lines from front to back closer together, I usually play with only 30 metres between attack and defence, also means there's more midfield battles as players are closer together all over the pitch

Last edited:
Sliders can fix that by bringing the lines from front to back closer together, I usually play with only 30 metres between attack and defence, also means there's more midfield battles as players are closer together all over the pitch
Won't fix anything if defenders just sit and watch now, and they've been purposefully nerfed because of the constant moaning from FUT players that defending is "too automatic". Even increasing the "marking" slider won't give them back their intelligence, it's been taken out of the game. As single player gamers, we may be absolutely fucked by this.

I tried the demo on the highest difficulty, Kicked off and after 4 passes I was one on one and scored. Sums up my fifa experience in the last 3 years... It's a basketball game with no midfield play at all.

Handballs didn't work for 2 years now, Fouls don't exist and the game is too fast.

Sliders,Gameplay patches and stats editing can do nothing to save this disaster of a franchise, No wonder they concentrate on off the pitch stuff coz on the pitch it's rotten and has nothing to do with football.

Volta is probably a better path for this engine and these developers.

As someone who felt miserable most of my time playing FIFA19, i was not excited for this demo at all, but ended up giving it a chance anyway:

This is FIFA19, but slower, heavier, and with a less "ping-pong" A.I.
So yeah, i think it's much better and more realistic than the previous iteration, had i waited one more year to buy a PS4, and ended up getting this game instead of last year's, i wouldn't have suffered as much. I would've still probably bought PES2018 to replace it anyway tbh.
This is still just another standard FIFA i think. If you already liked it, you'll probably like it again, but if you despised it, then you'll probably despise it again, the only thing that i think could change this is VOLTA, which i think it's fun, but not US$60 worth fun.

What bothers me the most is that, besides VOLTA, i think that there is absolutely nothing here that couldn't have been added to FIFA19 through a patch.

you can always wait until christmas to buy both games for 20 quid each, with all the other great games out football games are not really relevant anymore anyway

guys seems we are gonna end up with no good real football game this year....i feel so bad now man...so gutted
That's how I'm feeling as well. I really wanted to go 100% with PES this year but I'm bored of it already, not enjoying the gameplay, whatever they changed from the demo hasn't worked. Just had a go of the Fifa demo, seemed OK, will need to play a few more games. May just have to suffer another frustrating year of Fifa after all. :BORED:

Going back to the FIFA demo after playing PES2020 really brings it home just how fast and oversharp the speed and actions of the players are, even if it is slowed down from 19. They can stop and change direction like the characters from Tron. There has to be sweet spot between players looking like Superhero tap dancers (FIFA), and feeling like they are wading through treacle (PES).

Having said that, i have now got the button configuration right so i can employ the new dribbling moves and this has improved the balance of the game in the FIFA demo and allowed me to slow it down a little and resulting in better retention of the ball and build up play. No way i will play this on normal speed in the full game (why bother denying that i am going to get it. Got PES and disappointed, may as well complete a full house :LOL:).

I really hope they can slow the game down slightly for release though cannot see this happening at all.

Back
Top Bottom