FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Check out the comments beneath the guy's video on Twitter.

Not just this one - all of them.

As with the beta forums, the majority (in-fact, everybody at the moment) say it's way too fast and it was ruined by the beta update.

Yet EA are putting their fingers in their ears.

It's fucking INFURIATING.

I was getting pretty excited seeing the news on BL,just hope this game will be better/different than 18-19,not buying a€65 roster update.
There's so much potential in fifa from 19,yet they won't man up and release a good solid game,but take the safe easy way out by not disappointing the FUT/YT guys.

Mr. HD here talks about extremely pressing and interesting topics in regards to FIFA 20 such as handshakes, celebrations, and skill move chains. Riveting. He claimed the earlier build was too slow, but he primarily plays FUT with 99-rated players for a living. Anything that loosely resembles the pace of an actual football match is going to seem slow and labored to the likes of him. He dismissed the game after his initial impressions (the build where he claimed it was too slow) after only playing it for ten minutes. Ten minutes.

At this point, EA should release a clicker-esque game where all you do is push one gigantic button in the middle of the screen and your players will automatically do rainbows and score scorpion kicks. Seriously though, he's a Game Changer and spent several hours with the game and all he can go on about for 30 minutes is that skill moves are snappy, it's fast, he doesn't like the layoff, and defending seems improved. What a waste.

Last edited:
First year I'm not gonna buy it since 14, unless I hear some radically different feedback on release.. Usually some vpn shenanigans to get it early etc, just can't be bothered. Been enjoying the PES demo on the PC, think I'm gonna get that instead.

Spend so long trying to stop FIFA updating, using Moddingway etc that having to do a bit of work on the other game to get it up to speed doesn't even bother me. I'd just like something that I can play a few times a week with an enjoyable career mode v the CPU.

It's getting silly now, how can wanting to play against the CPU mean you get looked down on as some inferior race when guys are moaning about celebrations and linking skill moves.

At this point, EA should release a clicker-esque game where all you do is push one gigantic button in the middle of the screen and your players will automatically do rainbows and score scorpion kicks.

You said it as a joke, but I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of the possibilities for something like this to happen in a more or less near future, especially if Volta will have true success.

Imagine how could they market and cash some sweet super move or power up in an 11 vs 11 arcade battle football mode or something.. yum yum.. I can already hear the sound of the coins flowing in the pockets of some executive..

Mr. HD here talks about extremely pressing and interesting topics in regards to FIFA 20 such as handshakes, celebrations, and skill move chains. Riveting. He claimed the earlier build was too slow, but he primarily plays FUT with 99-rated players for a living. Anything that loosely resembles the pace of an actual football match is going to seem slow and labored to the likes of him. He dismissed the game after his initial impressions (the build where he claimed it was too slow) after only playing it for ten minutes. Ten minutes.

At this point, EA should release a clicker-esque game where all you do is push one gigantic button in the middle of the screen and your players will automatically do rainbows and score scorpion kicks. Seriously though, he's a Game Changer and spent several hours with the game and all he can go on about for 30 minutes is that skill moves are snappy, it's fast, he doesn't like the layoff, and defending seems improved. What a waste.
I've stolen your post, tweaked it slightly (to make it marginally less angry) and posted it on his Twitter feed - hope you don't mind.

My goal is just to get a response from the community guys, i.e. "all hope is not lost yet". I got a response from Matt himself, but it didn't really make much sense...

I saw on Twitter that the Atatürk Olympic Stadium (Liverpool’s second home) is in the game. Logical since the CL final in 2020 is in that stadium.

Probably not what you want to hear but if you guys buy the game, you only got yourselves to blame next year.
I know it might not seem like 10 guys will make a difference. But maybe it's not just 10. Maybe there are hundreds that think like us. But if all of us took the same stance (I'll buy it anyway because if I don't, it won't make a difference) then it's a hundred more sales that go in EA's pocket.

People just keep buying the game. FUT-heads complain. Sim-lovers complain. Casual gamers complain. Yet we all go and desperately buy it year after year. Then complain again.
"Oh, Career Mode hasn't changed!"
"Oh, they made it faster!"
"Oh, the game was perfect before the update!".

It's hard to resist, I know.

Probably not what you want to hear but if you guys buy the game, you only got yourselves to blame next year.
I know it might not seem like 10 guys will make a difference. But maybe it's not just 10. Maybe there are hundreds that think like us. But if all of us took the same stance (I'll buy it anyway because if I don't, it won't make a difference) then it's a hundred more sales that go in EA's pocket.

People just keep buying the game. FUT-heads complain. Sim-lovers complain. Casual gamers complain. Yet we all go and desperately buy it year after year. Then complain again.

It's hard just in the first time. I stopped buying it since FIFA 17 and seeing that nothing have changed (the complains are the same, and the gameplay seems to be even faster) over the years makes everything easier, and there is no temptation anymore.
Im really glad i did that, FIFA used to stress me.

Its sad to see that the franchising went to a path completely different than i expected (since i like real football), but EA is ruining it, and the community has a little bit of fault too

That all sounds really bad. Don't know if i should cancel the pre-order. Between my new addiction for Football Manager 2019, Madden 20(the far better UT) and WoW:Classic release next week i don't know when to play a new FIFA tbh...

That is so true.
I did buy last few editions, coz I love football and I appreciate what EA has done with the licenses. But paying/supporting yearly roster update is becoming a little bit silly now.
EA clearly isnt interested in recreating football, they just want to please the FUT heads.

Im not the type of guy that would go into details, watch replays and pick on animations and small bugs.
Im reasonably easy to please.
But I need basics ticked off.
I need reasonable ball physics, graphics that would show, that the game im buying is actually 2020 game and all the elements of football present.

I asked earlier on people praising the game to post few screenshots with end game stats and still waiting.

Pace is not a surprise - deep down we all knew it will be back to table soccer.
I made a mistake to revisit the franchise in 2017 and was charmed by the presentation. Since then I bought every edition hoping one of them will just nail the basics and give me a solid alternative. None of them did.

I wasted so much time over the last few years on sliders trying to get this to a playable and enjoyable package, but if you have a game that doesnt have core basics working - it will never work properly.

Sorry for the rant but reading those tweets today I got really annoyed that every year I gave them money and added my name to their sales.

was looking forward to buying this game, disappointing but not surprised that they changed the pace it to benefit the FUT players, looks like no fifa for me this year as well

fifa 19+fifa 17 ball physics = FIFA 20
safe bet for EA, safe bet for me to say that the vast majority that is moaning about the game, will buy it like addicted junkies and even start liking it, before they moan again.
you know there is another game out there, maybe deserving a chance

It's really sad to read. I was curious about the game still despite being so contempt with PES 2020 this year (Which could still get patched to hell too yet...) but i just want 2 good football games. So it's not like i want FIFA to fail or to be a bad game, That would be pathetic. But by this point & if the last 4 years of FIFA have taught us anything, It's that the development culture has changed, It's strictly business and less of a labour of love for the sport.

They absolutely know how to make a football sim, They just deliberately choose not to. It's like you could wear a tracksuit to a nightclub because you feel more comfortable & it's your vision, but you aint getting in unless you conform and dress smart, Even if it's not you. EA understand that to make that Yankee dollar and live the good life, They can't make a simulation that requires respect and patience to master - They need to make a dopamine trigger sweeter than crack cocaine that lures people back to play more & more and spend more & more money despite being fully aware they are willing participants and are ashamed of their addictions but they gotta get their fix.

EA are collaborating with analysts and experts to make a football game... They're just not footballing experts and analysts, They're psychologists and scientists advising how to curate the most addictive gameplay and entrapping menus.

They absolutely know how to make a football sim
The original beta proves this.

It wasn't revolutionary or anything but it pretty much fixed all the issues I had with FIFA 19 (ball physics, AI variety, AI having to take a touch before being able to instantly pass forward) and then some.

A very kind person (a regular Joe like us) shared a stream with me so I could see the differences between the lowest league and a La Liga game, and the AI played a totally different game.

So the original beta shows that, in-house, they're working on this stuff - and that within two weeks... They've undone it all because the producers could smell the FUT players' boredom ("this is too slow").

EA are collaborating with analysts and experts to make a football game... They're just not footballing experts and analysts
They are footballing experts.

Check this out, but prepare to get angry.

Several previews - but the best one is this one from Operation Sports - mention all the realism that they were, at this point, pouring into the game.

The presentation to the press was done by "Shaun Pejic, former player and gameplay developer". This dude played 175 times for Wrexham. He played for his national team's U21 side. This is a real footballer.

The stuff he spoke about, and demonstrated in pre-prepared videos, was realism stuff guys on this forum would be drooling over if they saw it. Powerful stuff.

So the press, and the fans in EA's circle of trust (not me, by the way, I'm a pain in the arse)... They've all been shown this new realistic FIFA... and it's gone, now.

Everything they've worked towards, they've just scrapped, because FUT players don't like it.

How is that okay? To build a game, show it, and then release FIFA 19 again?

Given how easy it was to completely fuck FIFA 20 up for us sim guys (with one patch), it would be easy to "put it back again". So all I can hope is that enough people are loud enough to force a response from the EA community guys.

I just want to see them either say A) "it's staying as it is, FUT guys like it" or B) "we're listening and thinking about this" before I give up. As it stands, they're just completely ignoring everything we have to say.

What never will make sense is why a very professional company would do this?

Why don't they know their customers? We could hate them as much as we want to, but if EA know that FUT'ers etc is demanding a arcade game - why don't just stick to this from start?

I haven't played the beta btw - so really only know the FUT FIFA as most of us.

fifa 19+fifa 17 ball physics = FIFA 20
safe bet for EA, safe bet for me to say that the vast majority that is moaning about the game, will buy it like addicted junkies and even start liking it, before they moan again.
you know there is another game out there, maybe deserving a chance
I find this offensive. We’re not ‘addicted junkies’. We love football gaming and have just two choices every year. The other game, and this has been said a million times, still has a straight predictable shooting mechanic and many find it boring when scoring goals.

So we’re caught between a rock and a hard place. Do we buy the game that has loads of content, incredible presentation and satisfying goal scoring but again is probably going to be way too fast, do we buy the other game that has felt pretty much the same for years now (good on the ball but bland in it’s entirety, an extreme lack of content and an awful Master League) or do we buy neither and play old PES titles?

By the way I've never understood what dumbing down AI has to do with FUT or online game.. I can understand fastening the rythm, loosing the ball physics, making tackles easier and all the other stuff that is valid vs another human guy.. but what is wrong with having a cpu Salah dribbling or the playmaker x keeping the ball more.. now FUT guys are so susceptibles that even the games they do against the cpu must resemble the ping pong they so dearly play online? Dear God why can't this people play some League of Legends or some Fortnite..

now FUT guys are so susceptibles that even the games they do against the cpu must resemble the ping pong they so dearly play online?
Yep. This is exactly it, you've nailed it.

Dear God why can't this people play some League of Legends or some Fortnite..
Precisely what EA are trying to avoid by changing the game exclusively for them.

"Don't give those guys your money, give it to us - we'll keep the gameplay and the patterns / exploits the same for you, so you can keep winning."

Read my post above about the professional footballer presenting all their realism changes - I often wonder, how does he feel? Is he okay with all this? Does he not give a shit, because he'll probably get paid a bonus if they make more money through FUT by abandoning all their work...

Normal gameplay starting at 9:30. For me it seems a bit slower compared to other videos!?
It does until you see it on a big TV, I think - then you can see the speed is very similar to FIFA 19.

The thing with all of this is, put the game on slow and turn some sliders down, and it'll still be a decent game of football. But it will be nowhere near what the initial beta was, because attributes meant more, you were more restricted by the ability of your player. That's back to FIFA 19 levels, as are a lot of things.

Normal gameplay starting at 9:30. For me it seems a bit slower compared to other videos!?
I watched this last night, footage looks decent to me. I'll put it on slow and we're good to go.

My biggest issue will be difficulty. A few kind people have contacted me and told me that it's harder this year - if that's the case, a harder FIFA 19, with fouls and put it down to slow and I'll enjoy the Career Mode for a year.

I saw it as well. Please note that no one was actually playing this game at gamescom. It was just prerecorded footage shown on screen while they were sitting there talking. Guy who uploaded this tried to crop the video, but you can see them simply sitting on the coach, not playing. There's a good chance it's not the actual playable version at gamescom that everyone else streams.

I used to play FIFA since the first on Megadrive.
Since FIFA 08, the gameplay was good overall.
Fifa 18 and 19 are the worst FIFA on the franchise.
On FIFA 20 beta, I've seen a lot of good things.
Ball physics, AI, slow gameplay, heaviness of the players, intertia.
I was happy.
Since the release of the patch and the Gamescom version, I'm very sad.
I only play offline and on career mode.
My loving teams are Manchester United and Olympique de Marseille.

I know that EA could make a masterpiece of football game.
But FUT community kill each year our hope!
Fast game, ping pong passes, full of useless skill mouv with Croqueta, Tornado center.
That enough!

I want they separate FUT gameplay or make two game : FUT and FIFA standard.
Why original fans are always out of the final decision?

We want slow gameplay, very good AI, inertia, stadiums, massif starheads scans with young players, stats, variety of ball physics.

Gamescom version is older than Beta version.
I will test the demo and EA Access on September 19th.
I hope I will have a good surprise!

Back
Top Bottom