FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

The thing is, the FUT players,the ones were talking about here,the guys with influence,let's say EA decides to go with a heavy sim game,not to their liking at all but right up our alley.
What are the FUT guys going to do,except moan and bitch,but they'll still play the game,and YT guys will still promote the game since it's their income were talking about right?
They're not going to abandon their careers over a better (for us) FIFA.
I'd say EA needs to step up their game and grow a pair.
I'm pretty sure they'll keep releasing the same old game over and over again to please that crowd ,so the issue is really over at EA for not being ballsy enough to release a proper game,not the YT/FUT guys.

The thing is, the FUT players,the ones were talking about here,the guys with influence,let's say EA decides to go with a heavy sim game,not to their liking at all but right up our alley.
What are the FUT guys going to do,except moan and bitch,but they'll still play the game,and YT guys will still promote the game since it's their income were talking about right?
They're not going to abandon their careers over a better (for us) FIFA.
I'd say EA needs to step up their game and grow a pair.
I'm pretty sure they'll keep releasing the same old game over and over again to please that crowd ,so the issue is really over at EA for not being ballsy enough to release a proper game,not the YT/FUT guys.
This is 100% the problem. What annoys me is how fucking obvious the answer is. I was talking to my 74-year-old dad about the beta going from genuinely brilliant back to FIFA 19.1, and EVEN HE (a man who is losing his mind) said "when will they make one game for Ultimate Team and one game for the rest of us". Then they make money three times - once from selling the Ultimate Team game, once again from the Ultimate Team kids who spend £100s and once again from selling us a version that plays at normal speed with human players and human AI rather than superbeings with alien reaction times and abilities.

I've bought and loved (for varying lengths of time) every FIFA since about FIFA 13 I think - and I don't make big statements very often - but I can categorically say that if the gameplay for FIFA 20 stays the same as it is now in the beta, it genuinely is just last year's game with some fluff over the top, so I won't be buying it unless they patch some realism back into it. The AI never take a touch, they just force-push the ball around the pitch with ball physics the likes of which have never been seen on planet Earth. I'm fed up of that already, before the new game even launches!!

Can you find out if the game is harder @Chris Davies ? I don’t know who to ask over at Reddit.

Would really appreciate it.
I can tell you that I've seen guys getting beat pretty convincingly on World Class but I've not seen much above that difficulty, which I regard as a bit less hectic and more realistic but generally easier.

It should have been put in ages ago @Chris Davies
Like NHL does,a vanilla gameplay that works as a standard for FUT.
Then sliders on top of that for us with the option of going arcade all the way up to hardcore sim.
It's just very bad busines by EA not to bring all players in under the same roof.

I agree on the WC Vs other difficulties that you mentioned to @Mikhail
If I want to get beaten properly on FIFA (19 in my case) I switch to that from ULT,problem is it gets so frantic!
Don't know what's happened to the difficulties in fifa ,WC used to play very smooth and challenging on 15-16-17.
I'm still having a real challenge on ULT though,and I'm having an ok time with FIFA 19 (again)

It's always the same problem of the modern patch system. Even if they revert changes for day one or whatever (which of course they won't) there is always the patch after, and then the second one, and so on and on and on..

In fact I'd do back flips if they just let offline players play with whatever patch version they want. Probably the only thing that could ever seriously hype me back into Fifa.

Or if they even let people mod the games whatever they like as it was in the past.. I remember playing a mod for 2018 (Fidel's one if i'm not wrong) which gave the game a wonderful taste, one of the most realistic experiences I've had with a modern game.. but it was too stressing to fight with Origin and updates and I had to give it up. Not holding any hope on this one.

Unfortunately their politic seems to be to force down the throat whatever they think it's best to the minor (offline) voices only to just completely bend to whatever rant the FUT crowd spit out.

Looking on the beta forums its impossible for EA, if anybody claims its too easy you have the manual people telling them to go manual then complain, for every its too fast/slow comments there is use sliders to make it more/less so.

I am really unhappy with the latest update and have said so on the forum.

I've been told the majority of comments and the majority of post XP (i.e. "likes", like we have here on Evo-Web) are going towards the people who say it's much worse post-update.

What do you think, @DarthKebab?

I've been told the majority of comments and the majority of post XP (i.e. "likes", like we have here on Evo-Web) are going towards the people who say it's much worse post-update.

What do you think, @DarthKebab?

I will paste my feedback later as I am at work and it wont allow me on the ea forums, basically it took everything good it had and made it fifa 19, and I already played that to boredom

I will paste my feedback later as I am at work and it wont allow me on the ea forums, basically it took everything good it had and made it fifa 19, and I already played that to boredom
What do you think most of the feedback is? Negative?

For every negative and smartly crafted take out there on the beta, or the beta post-patch, there's an equally intelligent and convincing take that is the complete opposite. At this point, it's all just a bunch of noise and the only thing that matters is getting hands on the game.

What do you think most of the feedback is? Negative?

Well yeah you have people on there that like to be able to rainbow flick their way up the field then you have your elitist manual players and between the two of them is a small group of people who are able to talk about what is genuinely good and bad

It's always the same problem of the modern patch system. Even if they revert changes for day one or whatever (which of course they won't) there is always the patch after, and then the second one, and so on and on and on..

In fact I'd do back flips if they just let offline players play with whatever patch version they want. Probably the only thing that could ever seriously hype me back into Fifa.

Or if they even let people mod the games whatever they like as it was in the past.. I remember playing a mod for 2018 (Fidel's one if i'm not wrong) which gave the game a wonderful taste, one of the most realistic experiences I've had with a modern game.. but it was too stressing to fight with Origin and updates and I had to give it up. Not holding any hope on this one.

Unfortunately their politic seems to be to force down the throat whatever they think it's best to the minor (offline) voices only to just completely bend to whatever rant the FUT crowd spit out.
Still,EA has Tuner sets on NHL (that's their patches updating gameplay) and you can chose which one to play with.
Can't remember how many they had for NHL 19,but I kept my 1.02 the while season.
Plus,in January (or February) they brought back their beta settings as a tuner so people could play and rate that for a month,then evaluated it for its next patch.

That's how they should,and could do their business over at FIFA,but they don't.
Which is beyond stupidity.
Like @Chris Davies said (or grandad to be more specific) "why don't they make two different settings"
Just like they've done on NHL.
Arcade-casual-sim-hardcore SIM then sliders on top of that to fine tune it.
Fucking idiot's

Having both a fully licensed PL/BL and a great La Liga package,FIFA needs to be pretty bad for me not getting it over Pes this year.
I can't really justify two football games again if both have issues.
FIFA =horrible gameplay/points spread (league table bug)
Pes=a half ass effort on its licences

Having both a fully licensed PL/BL and a great La Liga package,FIFA needs to be pretty bad for me not getting it over Pes this year.
I can't really justify two football games again if both have issues.
FIFA =horrible gameplay/points spread (league table bug)
Pes=a half ass effort on its licences

I think PES seems like a good gameplay-year.. But unless Elgiganten is providing us with a special offer i will wait and see. Too many games, years and money used on bad releases!

I think PES seems like a good gameplay-year.. But unless Elgiganten is providing us with a special offer i will wait and see. Too many games, years and money used on bad releases!
Fully agree,I'm holding off til I see some gameplay on both games.
Even though I'm not buying that many games nowadays,I have both EA acces and Game pass.
Hopefully we'll get a proper deal,and I can cross the bridge over to Fields/Kastrup for some deals:)

Man, look at how EA announces its Bundesliga experience and compare it to PES' Serie A announcement and the halfarsed effort behind it.
There's no point in acquiring league licenses when you don't intend to use them properyl (ie broadcast packages, stadiums)

Could Konami look any more amateurish? I don't think so.

Don't like the look of the jerseys in the FIFA trailer- the BuLi ones seem faded which is a shame

My biggest fear is Volta,an easy accessable game mode.
Thing is,EA hit it quite big last year With The one on NBA live,and I think that mode is quite brilliant if you want to play pick up games with online friends or do it by yourself,and Volta is The One,only remove the basketball.

They did The One because they saw a gap opening up Vs 2k and People getting pissed off with the insane micro transaction over there,paying to have your character change his sneakers etc.

Everything in The One is free or awarded with upgrades etc,that's where they hit the home run Vs 2k.

The downside is,their NBA experience /career mode suffers,it's so poor,but hey why put any money there,it's only offline guys,they don't really matter.
And that's my fear regarding Volta.

That's how you market a licence,not via a shifty tweet like Konamis Serie A licence.
Chances are Konami dont want to make a big song and dance about licenses too much as we know whenever EA want them back they have the resources to do so and will make Konami look silly.

What that video does show is people these days will get more excited about a license video rather than gameplay as what we have seen so far it looks pretty dire.

Could Konami look any more amateurish? I don't think so.

I dont know, Konami's game has very good gameplay and great graphics so to me that kinda makes EA look amateurish with their Ice Hockey gameplay and awful graphics. Swings and roundabouts.

Chances are Konami dont want to make a big song and dance about licenses too much as we know whenever EA want them back they have the resources to do so and will make Konami look silly.

What that video does show is people these days will get more excited about a license video rather than gameplay as what we have seen so far it looks pretty dire.

I dont know, Konami's game has very good gameplay and great graphics so to me that kinda makes EA look amateurish with their Ice Hockey gameplay and awful graphics. Swings and roundabouts.
Let's not turn this into PES v FIFA. It's childish.

Maybe yes. Maybe that is the direction everything have these days.

But it is not an argument. Konami now have a license. A big license - and it seems like they are managing very badly. Its a massive opportunity. You can combine great gameplay with a serious handling of the license.

Let's see - Hopefully they are hiding something, but i don't think there is much more in it really.

Im with you on that,Pes 20 demo has a great gameplay,but why not take the advantage when they have licenses?
Like last year's new ones?
This year's Serie A.
Ligue 1 licence hasn't got any love at all.
I think it's down to an incompetent company (market wise)

Im with you on that,Pes 20 demo has a great gameplay,but why not take the advantage when they have licenses?
Like last year's new ones?
This year's Serie A.
Ligue 1 licence hasn't got any love at all.
I think it's down to an incompetent company (market wise)
I've had a quick look on Twitter and LOTS of people are saying the same as us, which is refreshing.

I think @officialpes are a little deluded when it comes to their game. Either that or they don't care.

(Just noticed this is FIFA 20 thread, so I won't say anymore on this.)

I've had a quick look on Twitter and LOTS of people are saying the same as us, which is refreshing.

I think @officialpes are a little deluded when it comes to their game. Either that or they don't care.

(Just noticed this is FIFA 20 thread, so I won't say anymore on this.)
Went through my twitter as well,and I agree pal,weird way of doing business from them.

bundesliga 2 fully licensed they say,with what kits? because i am pretty sure there will be 99% fake faces in bundesliga 2 and 1-2 stadiums max

Funny thing. I really don't mind faces, but I remember last year when playing in the "licensed" Serie A. Even the biggest teams didn't have real faces at all. Quite normal problem for FIFA. But I do respect what they have done with La Liga and now Bundesliga. Problem is that it isn't very funny playing career mode.. There is something odd about it. It's just very unpersonal and predictable. Even though they have a lot of stadiums it's just the same giant tifo in every stadium with the clubs logo on.

Back
Top Bottom