FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Thoughts pre and post update below

The biggest change now is the ball doesn’t feel glued to the player especially when sprinting and can be taken off the opposition without even touching the player, the standing tackle is more pronounced now so you can’t spam it to win the ball, if you miss the tackle they are gone.

Since the update this has reversed completely, it feels like 19 to control, their is no longer that nice little burst of pace when taping the sprint button on receiving the ball, it’s pretty stuck to the players foot, I played fifa 19 a lot but it feels like I am playing a slightly patched version now.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

AI on legendary seems to be more aware of where you are and will try and place themselves in the way of the easy pass, helps with one-two throughball spamming, I like that chipped through ball has been made harder by not making players with lower stats not able to execute it well enough and better defensive positioning.

Since the update the defensive AI is still better but the through ball and passing in general has been tweaked back to 19, making it far easier for no look/wrong foot precise passing and easy through balls, pass error is none existent now.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Long shots now seem less effective than last year by players with poorer stats by either blazing over\wide or just bobbling along straight to the keeper.

Since the update the rockets are back, doesn’t matter what player and what stats they have it is more likely to trouble the keeper now because of increased accuracy and speed of shot

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Before the update I thought the pace of the game was ok, because of the new ball physics it felt better because you had to think about how you were passing and it didn’t feel exploitable as much, I was on board with more stat based passing and shooting, what I tried to to score on 19 wasn’t working on the game pre update.

Since the update having spent 7 hours on the game it’s felt like a chore because it felt like a game I’d played to death the year before, I am liking the new defensive AI and the game isn’t as exploitable on the wings with crossing, but because the passing and through balls has now reverted back to 19 standard it now feels way more automated than the game pre patch was, that felt more randomised because of the more pronounced ball physics.

Hope it’s not released this way as I had really high hopes for the game pre patch

bundesliga 2 fully licensed they say,with what kits? because i am pretty sure there will be 99% fake faces in bundesliga 2 and 1-2 stadiums max
13 new stadiums to the existing 5 BL stadiums(plus existing HSV zweite stadium) = a full BLplus one BL 2 stadium.

Funny thing. I really don't mind faces, but I remember last year when playing in the "licensed" Serie A. Even the biggest teams didn't have real faces at all. Quite normal problem for FIFA. But I do respect what they have done with La Liga and now Bundesliga. Problem is that it isn't very funny playing career mode.. There is something odd about it. It's just very unpersonal and predictable. Even though they have a lot of stadiums it's just the same giant tifo in every stadium with the clubs logo on.
I hope they just gave up on Serie A,horrible portrait of that league,minus Juventus last year with scans and a good stadium,the rest is horrible,I played a full season with Genoa last year, remember an icon like DDR in Roma looked like Frankenstein.
A full La liga/BL/PL is really good though

Exactly. The DFL represents Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. The 3. Liga belongs to the DFB.

The way EA is going on you'd think these were new licences, the tv package and licence for the 3 leagues have been in the game since last year's fifa, plus with stadium editing its already possible to have everything there for every league

The way EA is going on you'd think these were new licences, the tv package and licence for the 3 leagues have been in the game since last year's fifa, plus with stadium editing its already possible to have everything there for every league

No stadium editing on console though. The bigger deal is the 180+ new player faces. That's huge for me, as I'm at the point now where I rarely will have a player on my team without a real face in CM, and it's huge for the FUT crowd, for the same reason.

Gameplay is obviously most important but more and more people want that fully authentic experience and this is big for that. I don't care what anyone says. It's not the 1990s or 00s anymore - audio, commentary, real faces, crowd noise, pitch quality, kits, stadium atmosphere... it's all super important now.

No stadium editing on console though. The bigger deal is the 180+ new player faces. That's huge for me, as I'm at the point now where I rarely will have a player on my team without a real face in CM, and it's huge for the FUT crowd, for the same reason.

Gameplay is obviously most important but more and more people want that fully authentic experience and this is big for that. I don't care what anyone says. It's not the 1990s or 00s anymore - audio, commentary, real faces, crowd noise, pitch quality, kits, stadium atmosphere... it's all super important now.
You can edit the stadiums on consoles

After watching Wolves v Man Utd on Sky Sports last night I think I’ll pass on PES this year and get FIFA 20 regardless.

I’m shallow now but I’m old and haven’t got the time or energy to edit my games anymore. I want the full Premier League and La Liga package, the stadia, the atmospheres.

Plus the shooting is always much more satisfying in FIFA despite it’s flaws. I just know the other game will bore me after a month or two.

So I’m camped in here from now on. I’m just hoping that the gameplay is slow enough (and challenging enough) for me to enjoy.

13 new stadiums to the existing 5 BL stadiums(plus existing HSV zweite stadium) = a full BLplus one BL 2 stadium.

wrong, full bundesliga (-bayern (PES), -Freiburg (new stadium next year...still stucks) - Union Berlin (promoted) - Paderborn (promoted)) + 4 2. Bundesliga (Hamburg, Stuttgart, Hannover, Nürnberg)

Very happy! Been waiting for my teams ground to be in any game since FIFA WC 2006. nearly 15 years...

Last edited:
I’m shallow now but I’m old and haven’t got the time or energy to edit my games anymore. I want the full Premier League and La Liga package, the stadia, the atmospheres.

this, after i get home from a long day i do not want to boot up another computer and fiddle around with settings and new updates and mods. fire up that console which automatically downloads everything for me and get going.

FUT elitist youtubers are against any kind of change because they are used to a certain style of play.
They make videos that are monetized, making them profit, so it s like a job.
So because they want to continue making money, which is achievable by playing something familiar, they hate any try from EA to bring something new.
Professional streamers and YouTubers are the main source of early beta reviews, so Fifa is doomed to be stationary and repetitive every year.
remember, the dont play for fun, they play for profit

FUT elitist youtubers are against any kind of change because they are used to a certain style of play.
Professional streamers and YouTubers are the main source of early beta reviews, so Fifa is doomed to be stationary and repetitive every year.
remember, the dont play for fun, they play for profit

There are plenty of youtubers who are clear about hating the game and wanting change, even if they continue to make videos because that's what they do. This year almost everyone trash talked the gameplay publicly and without mercy!

What's holding the gameplay back are the hordes of kids and other people who pump 100s of $ into the game, expecting to score goals and get wins just because they're paying. That's where EAs money comes from and these are the people who are used playing the same old crap since 18.

The dozens of game patches that routinely come out each year are not meant to fix or improve things for offline users, youtubers or anyone else in particular. It's strictly for keeping the spenders spending for as long as possible. Apart from some obvious bug fixing, if there is a benefit to anyone else it's dumb luck.

Last edited:
There are plenty of people streaming from gamescom already but it's really hard to find someone who doesn't stream volta or king of the hill mode or some other crap that no one here cares about.

Also mr Zaro tweeted "This build we have at gamescom is specific for the event" so who knows what that means. Maybe we'll never see this build ever again so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also mr Zaro tweeted "This build we have at gamescom is specific for the event" so who knows what that means. Maybe we'll never see this build ever again so it doesn't matter anyway.

I think (but I could be wrong) all he means is that the build is more updated (in terms of kits, teams etc.) and more "suitable" to be captured / broadcast than the beta is - and that gameplay will be the standard beta gameplay.

But which beta version, I guess... Having seen videos of the old-vs-new beta, I'm relatively confident it'll be easy to spot which build it's most closely related to.

Still. It'd be pretty shitty if they use the initial beta code at Gamescom, then publish the current beta code as the final game. I'd be devastated at release day.

There's a few videos emerging from Gamescom - just search Twitter for #fifa20 and scroll through the list.

I love little touches like this... Crowds more accurately represent the actual fans, now. Check out the crowd in a J-League game.

Generic players look so much better this year (i.e. they look human).

Volta gameplay video. Urgh.

So just looking at the free kick from Pogba in the above video
Why the hell would your Main defenders not be in the wall, who writes this crap
Van Dijk 1 side marking nothing and Matip the other side doing the same, the wall has the shortest players in it Mane and Salah :BLINK:

and another full game. again 1 v 1. nobody seems to play against the CPU at a high difficulty so far, just to annoy us I guess.

Last edited:
OMG.. It's even faster than beta.. Nooooooooooooooope, nope, nope. I may just play a few VOLTA games with friends for fun and that's where FIFA ends up on for me personally.

We are not looking for any realism in VOLTA mode, so obviously it can be little bit more speedy and we can rape all the controller's triggers. But apart from nice looking TV packages for particular licensed leagues and really good atmosphere during the games - I can't see anything else resembling a real football we watch on a daily basis on tele.

Some new gameplay:

First couple of minutes he says "yeah it was really slow and I didn't like it, but now it's nice and fast again".

These are the comments EA's devs and community guys are "liking" all the time, on Twitter etc... So that original, glorious beta gameplay is gone forever.

We're doomed, seriously. Doomed to play the shit, ping-pong garbage these wankers want forever. With no choice.

Just give us the bloody CHOICE.

Back
Top Bottom