FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Isn't it a little unusual that we haven't had much media from EA this year apart from the trailer? I know they've got their press release schedule but i don't recall them being this covert 2 months away from release in the past...

Isn't it a little unusual that we haven't had much media from EA this year apart from the trailer? I know they've got their press release schedule but i don't recall them being this covert 2 months away from release in the past...
We're due some news literally this week - but it's all quiet so far...

screenshot_20190608-205034_youtube-jpg.16456

One of EA's community guys has retweeted this, so it feels like they're ready to talk. I've just asked a few questions...

EDIT: Interesting answers. The more he talks about how useless AI defenders are now, the more I worry that offline will be ruined by your £80m new CB being unable to perform basic defensive duties.

He mentions a few negatives, too - he says kick-off goals still happen online, and that he thinks player switching was (and still is) bad.

Weird to see the EA guys retweeting this guy when the answers he's giving are so honest.

Last edited:
EDIT: Interesting answers. The more he talks about how useless AI defenders are now, the more I worry that offline will be ruined by your £80m new CB being unable to perform basic defensive duties.

He mentions a few negatives, too - he says kick-off goals still happen online, and that he thinks player switching was (and still is) bad.
Hmm not good, But what are his credentials though? I literally don't know who's who in the FIFA Social Media community. I always take these impressions with a pinch of salt until i play for myself as one person who things defending is bad may actually be bad at defending.

However the kickoff BS online is disappointing to hear, but did he play online or just make the connection that if it happens in local mulitplayer at the event then it'll happen online?

It's just a shame really. Because the player can't even fix this themselves. It's locked into the game unless your on PC.

I wonder if EA will preempt situations like this going forward and will actually create an edit mode of their own to combat this for future titles?

No,i think ea still have the seria a license,but they are going to add things for seria A in fifa 20 or 21,for LA liga they bought the license in 2016 for fifa 17,but they scanned all players and stadiums in fifa 19,2 years after the license (link https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-17-liga-bbva-full-licensed/ )
So they can say "new features" so most likely juventus not licensed in fifa 20,and in fifa 21 we will get every stadium,player faces for seria a
Maybe in fifa 20 they will add bundesliga stadiums and player faces
also last year they got license for roma and ajax to scan player faces,but their faces are going to be updated in fifa 20,typical ea with licenses
and alex witsel was asking for real face in december(19),
EA:
We will try our best! Keep up the good work Axel.
and he will get his face real in fifa 20 most likely,instead of new squad update with his face updated lazy ea

Last edited:
The FIFA Pro who's played FIFA 20 answered my questions about the speed of the game. Basically, it's slower, and he's already asking for it to be faster.

Also he took a gameplay question about players magically sliding around as a graphics question. :THINK:

Well, the speed at which the ball travels or rolls is one thing.
The speed at which players run or sprint is another one.
The speed at which players dribble or turn should be another one.

So the speed question is tricky.
Maybe the ball speed is the same as last year while players overall moves are slower?.

The FIFA Pro who's played FIFA 20 answered my questions about the speed of the game. Basically, it's slower, and he's already asking for it to be faster.

Also he took a gameplay question about players magically sliding around as a graphics question. :THINK:

That was embarrassing, Reading that thread... The questions from his followers and his replies...

It's all just one big passive aggressive shit romp. May as well be on Reddit.

Very little constructive discussion to be had and it's not surprising. And they call us elitists!

That was embarrassing, Reading that thread... The questions from his followers and his replies...

It's all just one big passive aggressive shit romp. May as well be on Reddit.

Very little constructive discussion to be had and it's not surprising. And they call us elitists!
Yeah, at several points someone asks whether this or that is more "realistic" and he replies "a game should be a game so I dunno" and "I don't want realism".

These are the guys who get two days with the game and much more importantly, give feedback over the two days which EA are already using to change the game.

We're fucked. We're all fucked.

These are the guys who get two days with the game and much more importantly, give feedback over the two days which EA are already using to change the game.

Well these guys are the frontmen for the community demographic EA are marketing their game to. They're the voice of the voiceless. EA aren't gathering research and feedback to make a football simulation, They already know how to do that. They dedicating their time and research to information much more valuable to them...

They wanna know the formula to sell crack.

It does make me worry that a guy who got asked to do a play test has admitted that the game needs to be faster and he doesn't care about realism. The guy clearly enjoys doing a flick and smashing the ball into the top corner from 50 yards.
This is the problem with FIFA, they care more about his opinion than hundreds of people asking for the game to be more like a simulation.

Unfortunately EGX no longer happens before FIFA is released so don't get to play an early version of the game.

The big play test by normalish people will be during Gamescon, but even then when I have played FIFA early it has always been changed on release.
Even to this day the best FIFA I ever played was the version of FIFA 14 they had at EGX, it was slow and felt real, when the full game came out it was like every other FIFA. Or maybe it was just the placebo that day as it was the first ever FIFA on the unreleased PS4 with the next gen engine and it was a massive step up from FIFA 13.

I will obviously get the game as it is free with £50 a year Origin Premier, but I am hoping it doesn't get patched to become much faster after a couple of patches.
Or maybe EA should leave and ultra slow setting and just call it simulation so people like myself who play nothing but career mode don't moan that the game is too fast on slow.

Or maybe EA should leave and ultra slow setting and just call it simulation so people like myself who play nothing but career mode don't moan that the game is too fast on slow.
I tweeted months ago with a screenshot of the hundreds of sliders NHL has, and said "they even get seven speed settings" (or whatever it is), "why is FIFA so locked down in comparison". One of their community managers "liked" the post and since then I've wondered if maybe the career mode refresh we've been promised includes more sliders.

A license is always good, especially when game lacks editor. An exclusive license is always something stupid for me, as it just creates limits to the games.
Now on hot topic, to be honest i think only the offline people will feel negative about loosing Juve kit,badge,name. The vast majority of players, or better the main target group of customers, who play FUT in the current era , like MyClub on the other game, i believe dont give a damn, since C. Ronalso, Dybala and secondly the others will be in game under fifpro license.
Either if we like it or not, they don't even notice such details. Furthermore a full licensed team, has zero value in a collectible fantasy game mode , where except for dream-team rosters, you also have teams having mixed: Palmeiras emblem, Burton Albion kits, 11 meta-players and a random phrase team name like, "RoadToFUT#100FCdudes!!!!!11" . Or even when a generic kit giveaway from EA has more value than an authentic real team kit, for example some kits looking like pyjamas, with a FUT logo on them, usually being awarded as present for finishing TOP100 in the respective FIFA league (pesleague), weekend league, wirld league or whatever it is named.

Yeah, at several points someone asks whether this or that is more "realistic" and he replies "a game should be a game so I dunno" and "I don't want realism".

To be fair, this was mostly in response to visual and animation questions. When it came to actual gameplay, most of what he wanted was right in line with what would be more realistic (reducing accuracy of first time shots, volleys; not having overpowered chained skill moves; crossing and headers being OP, etc.)

Said it before, I'll say it again: FUTers are likely thinking of speed in different terms than you or I. He's not necessarily talking about the pace of play, like we often do (i.e. game being end-to-end vs slower build up).

Rather, the biggest criticism that came out of the recent playtesting about speed was about how the players feel to control, not pace of play. This is always a criticism in early stage FIFA, then as everything comes together as the game releases and it's faster. It was exactly the same last year.

Often times in online play the players can feel horrible to control, so it's no surprise the FUTers are sensitive to this.

Weird to see the EA guys retweeting this guy when the answers he's giving are so honest.

Without a doubt, the changes to the defensive AI are my biggest worry. And it's not just this, but also how they've mentioned they're going to be changing the positioning to promote more one on one battles. Honestly, I feel like much of what they're trying to accomplish could just be done by reducing the run frequency slider, but changing the positioning could spell trouble. Guess we'll see.

On the flip side, they've been explicit about increasing the skill gap. From that perspective, pretty tough to imagine them releasing a game in which bad defensive AI leads to even more easy goals than what already happens. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

EA will probably start showing some gameplay very soon, if not tomorrow. To try and shift away all this controversy that has clearly hurt them today.

i suppose the way the player moves will feel more or less like 2019, unless they announce and provide something breakthrough regarding the new animation mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom