FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

What do you think Chris?
Looked WAAAAAAAY better in PES
Yeah. If you look at the full-size image, the seats at the bottom-left of the picture have an invisible gap between the backs of the chairs and the seat part. The backs are essentially just floating red squares.

That being said, I'll be honest here, I would much prefer 200 stadiums that are slapdash, than 20 that are incredible (which PES's definitely are).

Yeah. If you look at the full-size image, the seats at the bottom-left of the picture have an invisible gap between the backs of the chairs and the seat part. The backs are essentially just floating red squares.

That being said, I'll be honest here, I would much prefer 200 stadiums that are slapdash, than 20 that are incredible (which PES's definitely are).
I agree mate. That's why I switched from PS4 to PC gaming for PES, it gives you tons of stadiums through stadium server and really high quality already in game stadiums

''How cool does Anfield look in Fifa 20?''
Top answer from this tweet.
''Like it did in the past 4 Fifa's?''
Lol.:DD
In fairness, I think the palette looks better. But if I was EA I wouldn't be taunting with it given how incredible it looks in PES (but then, EA aren't taunting anyone with it - it's a UK magazine that's released it).

In fairness, I think the palette looks better. But if I was EA I wouldn't be taunting with it given how incredible it looks in PES (but then, EA aren't taunting anyone with it - it's a UK magazine that's released it).
It's just a bit weird that they announce this Liverpool partnership like it's something new lol.
They already have the team and the stadium licensed for years now.
Probably just trying to make some noise to counter attack Konami's successfull latest marketing moves.
But it would make more sense to announce some new partnership or something.

About Pes's stadiums,yeah they are class(except from the poor banners)but they also have their niggles.
For example Old Trafford's seats behind the goal are more behind than they should be.In real life they're almost behind the goalkeeper.Looks a bit wrong in game.

It's just a bit weird that they announce this Liverpool partnership like it's something new lol.
I'm 99% certain it's been made into a big announcement because of who Liverpool's CEO is.

Peter Moore, who was the head of EA SPORTS for a long time, and who must have been waiting to tear up the agreement with Konami since the day he took over (February 2017).

He will have been waiting for this moment and for as long as he's in charge, the Liverpool license won't be going back to PES again, I'd imagine.

i suppose the way the player moves will feel more or less like 2019, unless they announce and provide something breakthrough regarding the new animation mechanic.

There is this bit about Natural Player Motion, which I'd like to think implies they're improving the jerkiness of animations, but I'd expect we won't see any substantial improvements to this until next gen.

upload_2019-7-17_8-6-22.png

Precisely. I think the detail and fidelity of which they recreate the stadia with are wholly unnecessary. It's enough for if it looks like Anfield and is blatantly recognizable. But they gotta allocate resources studying the stadiums blue prints, scanning the arena and basically cloning a virtual doppelganger of the architecture.

When the vast majority of their consumers aren't going to appreciate that level of detail and for the most part, You can't even see it anyway. It's not like every inch of the stadium is accessible to the player, There's no truly "free cam" mode where you can fly through the virtual playground like a drone unless your on PC and have Nvidia Ansel.

There's not even a stadium viewer/museum for those of us that would like to take a break and absorb the artists craft in. PES removed there's post PS2 and most AAA 3D games nowadays actually have a model viewer section to admire some of this handy work if you so choose.

There is this bit about Natural Player Motion, which I'd like to think implies they're improving the jerkiness of animations, but I'd expect we won't see any substantial improvements to this until next gen.

View attachment 17521
These new realistic Reworked Ball Physics that they say they'll bring and this Natural Player Motion that will hopefully improve the twitchiness and adds realistic weight and inertia will be the biggest selling points for me if they actually implement them correctly.These two things are the main ones that are missing to take the gameplay to a new level.
I really hope they'll deliver this time.But it's hard to imagine that the Fut moaners won't ruin it once again with their complaints and eventually reverse the game and movement to something like this due to ultra high responsiveness.

giphy.gif

I don't know why Match are releasing pics of Anfield I FIFA 20, it will look identical when actually in game.

Can we have more grounds of clubs not in the game? As an announcement instead?

+ For probably my benefit only more generic lower league grounds - Every week I am playing at Town Park or Molton Road or that other completely generic ground.
+ Stupid request 2, can we have a selection of goal nets for career mode?
I don't like playing my home games at Town Park with blue and white nets.

Word. The most important stadiums to me are the generic UK-type ones as it allows for a semi-realistic Scottish Premiership experience. A variety of generic stadiums is a valuable asset. Isn't it, Konami?

I don't know why Match are releasing pics of Anfield I FIFA 20, it will look identical when actually in game.

Can we have more grounds of clubs not in the game? As an announcement instead?

+ For probably my benefit only more generic lower league grounds - Every week I am playing at Town Park or Molton Road or that other completely generic ground.
+ Stupid request 2, can we have a selection of goal nets for career mode?
I don't like playing my home games at Town Park with blue and white nets.

My benefit too.

A perfectly-rendered, photo-realistic Pittodrie would do, mind you.

These new realistic Reworked Ball Physics that they say they'll bring and this Natural Player Motion that will hopefully improve the twitchiness and adds realistic weight and inertia will be the biggest selling points for me if they actually implement them correctly.These two things are the main ones that are missing to take the gameplay to a new level.
I really hope they'll deliver this time.But it's hard to imagine that the Fut moaners won't ruin it once again with their complaints and eventually reverse the game and movement to something like this due to ultra high responsiveness.

View attachment 17522

I don't have a huge issue with player movement animations when just using the left stick, although there's definitely some that are a bit snappy or hyper, like a few of the quick turning/pivot animations, but for me it's just that FIFA doesn't play or look right once players speed up or sprint.

To me, one of the biggest benefits of slowing the game down is the animations are far better. It's why I'm cautiously optimistic about them talking about more realistic game flow and one-on-one battles, because maybe that'll mean the hyper activity and the crap animations that result might be less an issue.

I don't expect to see any substantial improvements in these areas this late in the console cycle though. Main thing I'm looking forward to is if tackling is really as improved as the early impressions suggest.

View attachment 17522
I dont think Natural Player Motion has something to do with animations. I think it is about the team movement and positiıning on the field according to the tactics or ball’s position.

I dont think Natural Player Motion has something to do with animations. I think it is about the team movement and positiıning on the field according to the tactics or ball’s position.

It is weird that it's in a section that really has nothing to do with animations, but it refers to "locomotion" and "players move in a more natural and composed fashion." And note the "motion" in Natural Player Motion. That's certainly language that you'd infer would relate to animations, though like I said before I don't expect big improvements in animations until next gen now, so I agree, it's a bit strange and I don't fully trust it.

One can hope though.

They already have the team and the stadium licensed for years now.
Probably just trying to make some noise to counter attack Konami's successfull latest marketing moves.
But it would make more sense to announce some new partnership or something.

About Pes's stadiums,yeah they are class(except from the poor banners)but they also have their niggles.
For example Old Trafford's seats behind the goal are more behind than they should be.In real life they're almost behind the goalkeeper.Looks a bit wrong in game.

It makes sense for EA to lean a bit on Liverpool in Fifa 2020, now that they have the CL licence.

Slight glimpses of gameplay here...
EDIT: Might be FIFA 20, might be FIFA Online, both are on show at this event!

Either way, if they have permission to release this content today, it makes me feel like today might be some kind of NDA expiry day. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Looks exactly the same. Only the "head-to-head" logo being used as a screen-wipe during the replays makes you realise it's not FIFA 19 but FIFA 20.

This is horrifying, FIFA 19 was the worst FIFA of all times, i completely stopped playing in February, that has never happened in 20 years.

Looks exactly the same. Only the "head-to-head" logo being used as a screen-wipe during the replays makes you realise it's not FIFA 19 but FIFA 20.

Either way, if they have permission to release this content today, it makes me feel like today might be some kind of NDA expiry day. Fingers crossed.

Did you conclude it from a superlow resolution oversaturated camera recorded gameplay?

Still waiting for the "mid july gameplay news"....

This is horrifying, FIFA 19 was the worst FIFA of all times, i completely stopped playing in February, that has never happened in 20 years.
Bit of an exaggeration i think. It isn't that bad. I think '17 was worse after how good '16 was.

FIFA 19 has issues for sure but generally, It's a decent game.

Gathering pace now. Definitely some kind of media release day.

Also, interesting rumour...

Bit of an exaggeration i think. It isn't that bad. I think '17 was worse after how good '16 was.

FIFA 19 has issues for sure but generally, It's a decent game.

Well for me it was. The game itself is just not fun. There is never a second of joy when scoring a goal. Timed Finishing and moving keepers were the finishing blow for me, worst features ever implemented.

New leagues and teams are nice in general but they mean bugger all outside of kits & crests. Guarantee none of those teams will have a single Romanian stadium or a player face that isn't already in '19.

I'd love to get excited about playing in culturally different leagues like The J-League or MLS but it's not to give a toss when it'll be vanilla atmosphere and all games played in the Eastpoint Stadium and Stadion Europa.

Back
Top Bottom