Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Sorry guys but... I did not hold myself when I saw the background in a twitter :D
Cq_Xit_IDQX63r_Ok_Yv_CQRF26_K9_EKZa_FEKNl_OZFn_ZRg.jpg

Was too tempting to do it :(

What I really like is how positioning in FIFA is more crowded in certain areas. If they could reduce the driven passes a bit, it would be ideal. FIFA 18 also suffered an increase in game speed unfortunately. However, the pass speed value ties everything together to make it smooth again. Here is gameplay with 30 pass speed and the operation sports sliders of course:

i think you mean what i once discribed as a "pulsing organism" (because of lack for better words), a heart, whatever... it (the formation, the team as a whole) needs to expand and compress... naturally... like an organism! depending on beeing in offense or defense!
this is one of the things these soccer games need to nail in the future! it would make the whole team act more organic, like the real thing!
its basic stuff when even my coach (4th lowest league in GER) talks about it. ;)
i could not find any gifs to illustrate what i mean. i hope you get it.

Last edited:
What I really like is how positioning in FIFA is more crowded in certain areas. If they could reduce the driven passes a bit, it would be ideal. FIFA 18 also suffered an increase in game speed unfortunately. However, the pass speed value ties everything together to make it smooth again. Here is gameplay with 30 pass speed and the operation sports sliders of course:

gosh the slideyness is off putting, its making me change my mind about picking up FIFA :SICK:

Agree. I hope the new difficulty is a challange. Legandary is too easy in career mode.

Unfortunately Ultimate difficulty isn't much more challenging. In my beta CM, playing with Southampton, I think I've only lost once, and never was kept to clean sheet.

That said, FUT Squad Battles is much more challenging - I'm playing those on Legendary and getting a challenge. I think the difference is just the chemistry boosts but maybe there's more to it.

Regardless, the lack of a real challenge is my biggest gripe with the beta, by far.

I must be terrible at 18, I got up to 5th with Bolton in the Championship but after a tough run of games against the other top teams, I've slid to 10th...

What team(s) do you play with? Is the issue that playing with big clubs (and brilliant teams) is too easy?

It's definitely too easy with top teams, but even with lesser teams it's still too easy. In 18, I took a 3rd tier team and won the EPL within 3 seasons. The team I won the EPL with I think only had one player rated over 75. In the beta CM, playing as Southampton hasn't been much more difficult than my Man Utd beta CM.

This isn't to toot my horn. In online, I'm an above average player but that's it.

Thankfully the driven pass is no longer an issue. It usually takes EA several iterations before a new feature is where it needs to be, and I guess we're at that point. The driven pass now is not all that much more powerful than a hard normal pass. I rarely bother with it, though I'll use the lobbed driven pass. If the CPU attempts a driven pass the striker, it's so benign I don't even think I notice them anymore.

Even if it's not entirely a non-issue, it's WAY down the list of things that would need tweaking.

Thankfully the driven pass is no longer an issue. It usually takes EA several iterations before a new feature is where it needs to be, and I guess we're at that point. The driven pass now is not all that much more powerful than a hard normal pass. I rarely bother with it, though I'll use the lobbed driven pass. If the CPU attempts a driven pass the striker, it's so benign I don't even think I notice them anymore.

Even if it's not entirely a non-issue, it's WAY down the list of things that would need tweaking.

Honestly I do like the idea behind driven pass but hate how it was executed before. Driven pass should be more based on short passing and long passing stat as well as receiver's stat for more first touch error. It's really easy to fix it up.

Honestly I do like the idea behind driven pass but hate how it was executed before. Driven pass should be more based on short passing and long passing stat as well as receiver's stat for more first touch error. It's really easy to fix it up.

Why not implement a Driven Pass stat?. Wouldn't that make sense?.

Well done for being the standout top contributor on the private FIFA 19 forum btw.

The driven pass is likely not to work now with the receiver unable to control it adequately. In 19 if you are playing someone decent who can defend, the passing lanes will all get closed off meaning you have to use the lob button to reach your teammates. It is great when you do this and then click the ball on to another runner.

The L2 + shot to attempt a volley (manually) no matter what is excellent. Scored an overhead kick the other day for the first time in a FIFA game.

Funny how many people think that gameplay hasn't changed from 18 just judging from watching videos online.

Have really enjoyed having the beta, Shame it ends today.

Quite liked the new EA community guy.

Just saw this response to someone on Twitter...

lA2FlUc.jpg

OUCH.

EDIT: @Redhat posted this earlier, no idea how I missed it! Sorry!

Last edited:
Same thing Konami said when they announced the new leagues, they called it realistic Master League.

he says "seria A" and still no News if we are going to get stadiums like la liga,or maybe next year stadiums

Back
Top Bottom