• I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
https://twitter.com/ultimateteam_uk/status/1032302115648094212

EA has nice ideas that improve the immersion, but this movements are so annoying and unnatural for me. Wish they change this engine some day.
Sometimes it looks like puppets on strings to me.
Not only in that video (nice break dance move at sec. 14 btw) but ingame too. The variety of animations is nice. The look of each one too. But stitching them together sometimes looks so off, imo.

Honerstly it's quite funny hearing EA developers talking about active touch system and watch this video where every single player is so quick in controlling and passing the ball.

Honerstly it's quite funny hearing EA developers talking about active touch system and watch this video where every single player is so quick in controlling and passing the ball.

I think active touch more or less new ways to control, pass, receive the ball, no ? From fifa 19 page

"This new way of receiving, striking, and moving with the ball feels incredibly natural and fluid, which lets you play in fresh, creative ways. Get closer control, inject more player personality into every movement, and feel inspired on the pitch with a slew of tricks, flicks, traps, and feints that make every touch of the ball smoother and more fluid."

This is why i like off screen capture.

don't want to be negative, everyone of us has different taste but man my eyes hurt from this 100 mph gameplay, I could only imagine how will be to actually play the game, even worse. It's stupid to say that Fifa is arcade game becouse it always was but I don't see any improvement, only faster gameplay, players recieve the ball like it was easiest thing to do with lighting speed. Maybe with time we get used to speed but there is no soul in this at all...

They are putting their whole resources on The Journey when only 0.01% of FIFA audience plays it. EA is just a crap company with corporation having no idea what the consumer wants. Can't wait when EA as a company goes down. It's imminent.

does any adult actually play the journey? seems a waste of resources

I'm an adult, at least by age, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Journey in 18. I'm excited to play it again in 19. That said, I'd prefer the resources go to CM, but the Journey for me satisfies in ways CM doesn't.

don't want to be negative, everyone of us has different taste but man my eyes hurt from this 100 mph gameplay, I could only imagine how will be to actually play the game, even worse. It's stupid to say that Fifa is arcade game becouse it always was but I don't see any improvement, only faster gameplay, players recieve the ball like it was easiest thing to do with lighting speed. Maybe with time we get used to speed but there is no soul in this at all...

Ya'll really need to stop analyzing these gameplay videos, especially for speed. These videos make my eyes bleed but pace is just about perfect in the beta.

I like little things like the new approach to mini map icons, hugging animation during corners or the clock continues to run in overtime. :)
Currently watching some videos to get me updated on new stuff.

Last edited:

Looks indentical to Fifa 19, After playing PES 19 alot Fifa's player models are a disaster. So lanky and gangly legs.

Those nets physics at 2.13 :LMAO:

I was slow to warm to the Journey, didn't play 17 so was really slow to appreciate that mode, however I am into the 6 Chapter and I played a game with Danny Williams the other night. It has been ok I am an old ornery man I must admit but yeah I am looking forward to the Journey 19 In 18 the story was slow to progress but once Alex meets his sister for the first time. It goes from there heck I will play the Jouney 18 again just to see a different outcome with different scenarios. Mode is not cool to play because of the scripting however I like to get the mode ready and let the CPU play it out. It has been a nice distraction since I stay away from online play like the plague it is.

looks faster and very ping pongy in this video, graphics look crisp though

in this one the game is on speed, but again the lighting looks really good, the in game tactics are straight out of pes from the ps2 days

Last edited:
It's confirmed: FIFA 19's Pro Clubs And Career Mode Are Basically Unchanged, EA Confirms

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-19s-pro-clubs-and-career-mode-are-basically-u/1100-6461333/
I remember when the producer said in an interview they would reveal more about career mode at Gamescom.

Turns out the reveal is literally "ta-da, nothing's changed".

Offline gaming is absolutely dead and buried. Seriously. We won't live with microtransactions, we're not stupid enough to pay £50 and then £50 again for no reason. So why would they care about us. (This applies to Konami too.)

The "we're listening" quote is total and utter bullshit too. That's the most offensive bit of the.whole article...

I remember when the producer said in an interview they would reveal more about career mode at Gamescom.

Offline gaming is absolutely dead and buried. Seriously. We won't live with microtransactions, we're not stupid enough to pay £50 and then £50 again for no reason. So why would they care about us. (This applies to Konami too.)

The "we're listening" quote is total and utter bullshit too. That's the most offensive bit of the.whole article...

It's always the lip service that's most damning. The amusing bit is that, in the past year, the community has managed to rectify more Career Mode issues than EA has in the past 4-5 years.

Take a quick glance at the issues this mod resolves (or attempts to):
http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-18-career-mode-patch-frosty-mod.6464124/

I don't agree that offline gaming is dead (even just with FIFA, three years of the Journey prove that false) but I do agree CM is unlikely to get much love because it doesn't bring any additional revenue in.

I'm actually at the point where I wish they'd just turn CM into a paid DLC. I know this is an unpopular idea and it totally sucks that it's come to this, but I consider a paid DLC Career Mode better than the status quo. Considering I'll play FIFA for an entire year, for potentially hundreds of hours, at this point I'd rather pay a little extra if it would mean EA would dedicated some real resources and attention to CM.

I know that's not an idea many people like to consider but until EA find a way to monetize CM, we'd be foolish to hope for CM to ever be anything close to a priority.

in this one the game is on speed, but again the lighting looks really good, the in game tactics are straight out of pes from the ps2 days

Looks horrible.
Just hope it’s being played by people who have no idea how football is played.
The 2nd vid made me feel sick trying to follow the ball around

Oh my god, 8 superquick passes in a row at 3:05.

I think there is something weird with the speed of the video though, it can't be that fast.

Looks horrible.
Just hope it’s being played by people who have no idea how football is played.
The 2nd vid made me feel sick trying to follow the ball around

passing is being played on assistance for sure, iv seen manual gameplay where passing was not pinging around like that am not concerned, im just hoping fifa dont cave in and speed up the gameplay otherwise im really hanging to play this

Oh my god, 8 superquick passes in a row at 3:05.

I think there is something weird with the speed of the video though, it can't be that fast.

Yeah, it looks like fast forward, hope it's more related to the video capture, than real match speed.

it's the way they play that's the turn off, pass touch pass touch pass.

I think active touch more or less new ways to control, pass, receive the ball, no ? From fifa 19 page

"This new way of receiving, striking, and moving with the ball feels incredibly natural and fluid, which lets you play in fresh, creative ways. Get closer control, inject more player personality into every movement, and feel inspired on the pitch with a slew of tricks, flicks, traps, and feints that make every touch of the ball smoother and more fluid."

This is why i like off screen capture.
see, this is better, mix it up a bit, and defend.

by the way, in the first video they defend like Huddersfield Town

Last edited:

One good thing from that Bayern v City game, it looks like they’ve finally sorted out different fonts on the back of the kits (city don’t have the PL font).

Having played the hell out of the beta, the videos don’t do the game justice, the pace is much better than it appears here (playing on manual that is!).

That goal Robben scored (1-1) in the City v BM is one of the worst representation of football I've ever seen.

The pace and the tiki taka is horrible.
If this is how 19 plays,I'd stick to 18.

Hope to see a semi/manual game Vs the CPU
That will probably have better representation of how the game plays.
Awful stuff!!

Yeah that goal looked shite.
I know having played the beta I can have good matches of football.
I guess you get out what you put in, but it’s a shame that the idiots who want to play this way can succeed doing it. But for sure on manual it plays a good game of football, and with sliders (which I didn’t touch) it can get even better.

That Bayern MCI match is a compilation of all that i hate or dislike in Fifa... I mean current Fifa (not the 14 for example)

Well, i'd probably try the demo, and even if the sliders may help for some of you, i don't think it will be the case for me as what is dislike is directly related to the core (dribbling/moving system and animations, controls, ball physics)

Perhaps some feedbacks and changes before the release...

Back
Top Bottom