• I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
First season played,as Burnley.
I enjoyed it,but can't help feeling a bit "meh".

To pingy at times,even though pass speed and sprint speed are down to 25/45 for the cpu.
And obviously not getting one freekick all season long that I could go for goal on,and only one penalty.

Still enjoying this more than both FIFA 17 and 18.
Hoping for fouls with the next update (lol) but can see myself maybe doing one more season until that breaks the game for me,to bad since the rest of the physicality is good.

So I have dived back in to Fifa this week, and having made my opinion of Pes being better, I'm reversing this.

Firstly, the patch implemented from Pes a few weeks back didn't really improve the game that much, and it soon became too repetitive.

I love the randomness of Fifa, but the sliders are weird this year. For the life of me I just can't really settle on a set. I have something currently but no matter what I do, I can't eliminate w few glaring problems.

1) The running animation always looks off. The players feet looks too long and the animations look a bit flat, like its missing some transitions. So you always get these large touches when running and a long legged gait, it looks off. Theres also no smooth transition, like they had on 18, between jog and sprint. It just goes from slow to fast and looks off.

2) The ball physics are off. When I head a clearance, they shouldn't be massively powerful headers that go about 40 yards. Also the ball still slows down too soon, needs more random bobbles and bounces across the turf when passing at ground level as it currently mimics a bowling ball on grass. When Fifa gets it right with deflections, deft headers, mistimed heading and passing, bobbled shots its the best in the business.

3) The pitch looks like its had greased smeared all over it compared to the sharpness of 18. You could see the pitch physically cut up in 18, and you can't really see it in this.

It is the best football game, just because you get so much variety in the game, some of the goals I've scored or seen mirror real life.

But for some reason some of those elements mentioned above are off and no sliders can fix them.

They shouldn't be massively powerful headers that go about 40 yards. Also the ball still slows down too soon, needs more random bobbles and bounces across the turf when passing at ground level as it currently mimics a bowling ball on grass.

This and complete lack of fouls is the soul reason i dont play it. The ball physics just kills the flow of the game. You are spot on about the running too - been like that for a few years now. Sort out the ball and the fouls and i will be back in.

So I have dived back in to Fifa this week, and having made my opinion of Pes being better, I'm reversing this.

Firstly, the patch implemented from Pes a few weeks back didn't really improve the game that much, and it soon became too repetitive.

I love the randomness of Fifa, but the sliders are weird this year. For the life of me I just can't really settle on a set. I have something currently but no matter what I do, I can't eliminate w few glaring problems.

1) The running animation always looks off. The players feet looks too long and the animations look a bit flat, like its missing some transitions. So you always get these large touches when running and a long legged gait, it looks off. Theres also no smooth transition, like they had on 18, between jog and sprint. It just goes from slow to fast and looks off.

2) The ball physics are off. When I head a clearance, they shouldn't be massively powerful headers that go about 40 yards. Also the ball still slows down too soon, needs more random bobbles and bounces across the turf when passing at ground level as it currently mimics a bowling ball on grass. When Fifa gets it right with deflections, deft headers, mistimed heading and passing, bobbled shots its the best in the business.

3) The pitch looks like its had greased smeared all over it compared to the sharpness of 18. You could see the pitch physically cut up in 18, and you can't really see it in this.

It is the best football game, just because you get so much variety in the game, some of the goals I've scored or seen mirror real life.

But for some reason some of those elements mentioned above are off and no sliders can fix them.
Basically sums up my opinion on FIFA this year (if you add no fouls and physicallity to the list).
Graphically it took three steps back. Pitches look absolutely awful. Colours are all washed out and smeared all over. Dont know who designed them and how they went through quality tests. If you look at any video comparing 18 and 19 side by side, 18 looks like newer game with its sharp and realistic graphics. 19 looks good only on close ups.

Like you said - ball is still too heavy. For some reason they cant find middle ground. Its always either too heavy or too light and floating.

There is a tiny bit of hope, that eventually lack of fouls and ball physics will be improved with a patch, but graphically there is no hope this year.
And I dont know if I'll be able to play it like this.
I had a bad feeling about FIFA19 from the start, when I was looking at clips on youtube (graphically it looked awful). But there was no complaints about it from people and I jumped on a hype wagon.

Lesson learned for next year. On both football games.

Graphically the game looks fine. Ball physics are strange though. They're really good in some ways, like variety, but not in others like headers, for example. Game is a lot more fun than the other game though for someone like myself who only gets in about three to four 20 minute games per week. It's satisfying to dip in and out of while chipping away at my career. Too old to faff around with editing and to pretend ML scratches the footie itch, anymore, no matter how good the passing feels and how high the foul count is.

If you cant see that 18 looks much sharper and crisp on the pitch, then I honestly dont know what to say....

thats a terrible quality 19 has in that video. must be or is 19 that ugly?
Jesus! finally someone who sees it!
Thats why I kept asking and people kept saying "No, its BETA, full game looks stunning!"
But no, thats exactly how 19 looks. On youtube you can boost up quality, but it doesnt change much.
Its same fella, using same platform, and same equipment to record and compare both. If it was shitty quality video, 18 would look the same.
19, like I said, is washed out, colours are smeared and on the pitch it seems out of focus.

Jesus! finally someone who sees it!
Thats why I kept asking and people kept saying "No, its BETA, full game looks stunning!"
But no, thats exactly how 19 looks. On youtube you can boost up quality, but it doesnt change much.
Its same fella, using same platform, and same equipment to record and compare both. If it was shitty quality video, 18 would look the same.
19, like I said, is washed out, colours are smeared and on the pitch it seems out of focus.

Literally the opposite of what I’m seeing tbh.

I still enjoy playing FIFA 19 for what it is.
But at the same time,watched the second city derby earlier today,and now I'm watching Derby Della Lanterna (Genoa v Sampdoria) and I can't help thinking FIFA 19 is a very poor representation of the sport.
The no foul/cards/penalties and most of all,agression and nasty tackles ruins this game so much!

Playing games in career mode Vs run of the mill teams,it's fine,but derby and rival games,it's so flat!
But at the same time I'm enjoying my career mode,but how sharp would it be with what I mentioned above

Last edited:
Had one pen my first season.
Now 3 in 2 games (2+1), I'm suddenly seeing a more open game,being able to drill passes between the high back four,a bit more lose game play with my latest slider changes (community + my own sprint+ pass speed and some tweaks on pass error/FTE) but I'm really enjoying it.

Since starting to play FIFA (15 ) I always thought the game plays the best in lower leagues and other leagues than the PL.
So I'm a happy camper atm

If you cant see that 18 looks much sharper and crisp on the pitch, then I honestly dont know what to say....

This video is a big joke.
On my One X and my Ps4 pro, FIFA 19 look really clean, not like this video.
FIFA 19 is the most beautiful FIFA to date : HDR on UEFA matchs is perfect, details on players, aniamtions, gameplay, etc...
The only grip is the lack of faults and sometime the AI is shitting.
A patch can solve that.
I have made many clips you can see there :
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator

looks really poor on my 4K TV. And its the only game that does, FIFA 18 was the same. HDR is worse than normal game mode just washed out. Now compare it to PES (not comparing games its just the only other football game) and PES looks stunning in 4K HDR

looks really poor on my 4K TV. And its the only game that does, FIFA 18 was the same. HDR is worse than normal game mode just washed out. Now compare it to PES (not comparing games its just the only other football game) and PES looks stunning in 4K HDR

Maybe something wrong with your TV? Fifa 19 on my 4K HDR screen looks superb.

New patch is live on consoles.

Too soon to judge but I'm worried given the defensive AI dumbing-down.

Yeah, I was more worried about this when I played the PC version but playing it on PS4, it seems okay. Tackling seems a little better (though all the deflections and loose ball situations are still a problem) and I haven't noticed anything glaring with the defenders yet.

Biggest issue for me is just how long distance shooting is so effective still. So you can be totally compact and solid in defense, but the CPU will get its goals by long shots.

It'll be interesting to hear what folks think after more playtime.

Installing on Xbox now. Going to start a new career, default sliders with my boys Aston Villa. Let’s hope it’s good, I’ve stayed away from game for ages and willing to give it one more chance.

If I can tear myself away from BFV first that is!

ball physics is slightly better when playing on manual. one thing I can't understand is how the hell top teams play, ping pong even on professional, can't defend at all, this is ridiculous...

The game's heavily discounted here now and was going to get it, but the user reviews are extremely bad.

PS4 - 1.7
Xbox One - 2.3
Switch - 4.3

Is it really THAT bad?

The ball physics feel like they have got worse , could be the patch or the fact I've been playing pes for 3 weeks but they are so bad imo. Supersonic speed passes, ball dropping too fast all of a sudden. Ball slowing down suddenly. It just doesn't feel free at all

I get review bombing, but this is WAY too low.

Actually, if I was only an FUT player, I'm not sure that's too low. This game online this year has been a disaster. Gameplay is one thing, but issues with servers and bugs... it's been at an all new level this year.

Single players have been pissed at EA for years but this is the worst I've seen the FUT community.

Faster,Cpu goes through my mf like a knife through butter.
Perfect passing,10-15 in a row and they're in/outside my box.

I had 45 sprint/25 passing speed for the Cpu before,now I'm down to 40 sprint and 15 passing speed,and it's pretty much like it was pre patch.
It usually takes a few games to settle in though

Back
Top Bottom