Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, would be great if they just implemented some starting settings

How do you want to play?
- realistic football
- arcade football

You click and game adjusts all settings itself and at its core.
That would be perfect. I've never been one for messing around with a game's settings for hours. I kind of want to play it how it was intended to be played.

I don't like sliders...it gives EA an excuse to release a shit fest of a game every year. "Don't like it? Too easy? You've got sliders, stop moaning!"

No, I don't want your crappy sliders. I want to install game, play it, love it.

I'm far too busy to spend the little time I have spare for gaming to have my phone open on my lap, head deep in Operation Sports forum and messing around with fuc*ing sliders!!!

Another thing for me:- I role play in a lot of my games. SO when I manage Reading FC and start my career, I want the same settings from the very first match to the last game I play, whenever that is.

Not "Remember that game we won 5-0 in 2018/19season? Yeah, players sprint speed was at 52 in that game. In 2020/21 season, players sprint speed is 48." or whatever, it just ruins the immersion of it all.

A question for you slider fans:- Do you start a new career everytime you change Sliders? I've always wondered.

@Mikhail - Love reading your posts. Its comedy gold. You love it you hate you love it you hate it.
You deleted it, you re-install it.
Reminds me of myself hence me binning both games and the console.

Don't do this to me. Are you saying that I'm going to have to download and install FIFA 19 again??!

Anyone else confirm if the game has fouls post-patch and plays better in single player?!
In terms of fouls, I'm not seeing any. The patch hasn't changed this for me.

In terms of gameplay, I'm having some great games on World Class at the minute with sliders, where before it was too easy (and yes we shouldn't have to use sliders, but at the end of the day, your Average Joe would hate the sliders I posted above because they're slow and they require a bit of holding-onto-the-ball - EA cannot feasibly please everyone and let's be honest, if they do aim to please one group of players, it won't be us, it'll be the FUTters who love insane-o-football, so sliders are essential, IMO).

But it's still FIFA - in my last game, I hit the post twice, they hit the post once, the game loves the bloody posts... BUT it's a better game than it was at launch, and I prefer it to how stiff PES is (see the PES comparison thread for all my reasoning behind that).

The next FIFA patch could be a killer - if they dumb down AI defenders, which they've fully admitted they're looking into... Who knows whether that will be a positive or a negative for the offline game.

(It could make it harder - great! - or it could make it infuriatingly difficult to manage your back-line.)

@P34SEMM :LOL: I'm like this every year dude....I hate these games deep down and I don't know why I do it to myself. Played Red Dead Red 2 yesterday and didnt feel the need to moan once, pure fun....but then I turn on the football game:- I get annoyed by them!

@Chris Davies

Thanks for the feedback....I will try it later!

In terms of fouls, I'm not seeing any. The patch hasn't changed this for me.
If they are being worked on, it will be future patch. It might or might not be related to their "looking into defending" posts.
The only person who confirmed that fouls are an issue and they are looking into it was Zaro (or Zara, whatever his name is)
Corey hasn't reply to any of my questions about fouls and physicallity.

Honestly in offline mode, you should have a setting called Assisted Defending or something like that. For me personally, I will turn that off because right now, FIFA 19 in Ultimate is way too easy because of the bad defense positioning and awareness AI.

Survey from FIFA team. The more the merrier. I just finished asking them to look after offline Career Mode and increase realism on the pitch decreasing tiki-taka and increasing physicality, fouls and cards.

EDIT BY MOD: Link is https://t.co/NzKA2aRNg5.

(Your link was your personal link Emroth, so it just took us all to a page that said "you've already completed this survey". :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
So have they fixed some of the annoyances since I last played? Like CPU hitting first time shots all the time? Have they fixed the lousy looking movement?

So have they fixed some of the annoyances since I last played? Like CPU hitting first time shots all the time? Have they fixed the lousy looking movement?
No. It’s worse than release if anything. And it’s not just me saying that, check out the fifa Careers sub Reddit, people are quitting playing it now.

Players still feel like they’re sluggish boats in treacle.

No. It’s worse than release if anything. And it’s not just me saying that, check out the fifa Careers sub Reddit, people are quitting playing it now.

Players still feel like they’re sluggish boats in treacle.

FFS. What has happened to both games this year? Do any of the companies actually test their games against the cpu?? Everything is multiplayer driven and it gets on my tits. Just look at Fallout 76! A bloody good franchise ruined for multiplayer.

FFS. What has happened to both games this year? Do any of the companies actually test their games against the cpu?? Everything is multiplayer driven and it gets on my tits. Just look at Fallout 76! A bloody good franchise ruined for multiplayer.
Don’t just go from my post, others may still love it. I’ve stopped playing Fifa now though, there are too many good games around to waste my spare time playing something which is designed specifically for Ultimate Team. Single player is an afterthought in FIFA 19, the Career Mode is a shambles. Everton won the league on my save 2 years running, Man City are finishing mid table every season. No fouls, fixtures are silly (I had two fixtures without a day’s rest between them!)

It’s just really boring and easy after a while, it turns into a grind rather than fun.

I just wish i didn’t have it on digital because I would sell it and never look back.

Don’t just go from my post, others may still love it. I’ve stopped playing Fifa now though, there are too many good games around to waste my spare time playing something which is designed specifically for Ultimate Team. Single player is an afterthought in FIFA 19, the Career Mode is a shambles. Everton won the league on my save 2 years running, Man City are finishing mid table every season. No fouls, fixtures are silly (I had two fixtures without a day’s rest between them!)

It’s just really boring and easy after a while, it turns into a grind rather than fun.

I just wish i didn’t have it on digital because I would sell it and never look back.
No, It is the same for me now too. Everything I hated about previous Fifa games is back in the game for me. I feel like it is the same cycle each year.
Try the demo, don't enjoy it. Buy PES in the hope it is back to emulating the same experience of the PS2 days. Find out it is a bare bones broken game. Sell it and buy Fifa. Enjoy that until the first update come which takes away a bit of that enjoyment and start to tinker more with sliders than play the game. Slowly start to resent it off and online.
More updates come and offline is terrible with no amount of sliders helping to alleviate the issues I have and online become's the mess it always does with the ball consistently bouncing back to the players of the team with the higher ratings everytime you tackle them and the linear braindead pass it forward as quick as you can then shoot. It is like Hockey. Feels like the game plays its self and you have to do your best to keep up with it and pass at the right time, instead of dictating play and making space yourself, with movement and passing. Properly pissed off. Think that's it this year. Maybe I will give it a few years in the hope Konami can pull their fingers out but I won't hold my breath. I'll reinstall it to see if I can get any joy out of it and then if not, sell it.

CPU first time shots was heavily reduced since the initial release. Every patch has made some slight improvement without butchering the gameplay as per previous years. Personally the last "community" I'd use as a barometer to sense if the game's still worth playing is Reddit, but hey ho.

I haven't played for some time but that's purely because Red Dead Redemption 2 is out which is a phenomenal game, I was certainly more than enjoying my CM when I left it.

CPU first time shots was heavily reduced since the initial release. Every patch has made some slight improvement without butchering the gameplay as per previous years. Personally the last "community" I'd use as a barometer to sense if the game's still worth playing is Reddit, but hey ho.

I haven't played for some time but that's purely because Red Dead Redemption 2 is out which is a phenomenal game, I was certainly more than enjoying my CM when I left it.

Agreed. Haven't seen anything to think the game isn't improved by the patch. Although I will say that Reddit is a decent barometer for the state of FUT, just not FIFA as a whole or single player.

New patch incoming and this is the one I've been most worried about. Clearly it's meant for the multiplayer game, and it'll probably be good for FUT, but how will it affect the single player experience? I'm mostly worried about the nerfing of AI defending - in my Southampton CM, I'm top of the table and the highest scoring team; this doesn't seem like it'll make CM any more challenging.

Interesting that they're nerfing AI first time passing... but only when playing out of the back?

New pitch notes below, further explaining the patch.

While I'm excited that maybe tackling will be better (though this sounds like a band aid solution and might have its own knock on negative effects), I'm already worried about the overall changes to defending.

I understand why these were made - they had nothing to do with the balance of gameplay and purely the result of complaints that user skill isn't enough of a factor when defending - but I am full-stop not in favor of any change that makes defending in FIFA weaker.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-pitch-notes-patch-4

Posted this on OS, but spent some time adjusting our sliders, in particular just evening Sprint to get things more in-sync on this post patch. Really promising stuff:

The goal is to see animations and logic to support/validate the choices made. I think this is a solid patch so far, and I'm just skimming the surface.

This is on Sprint 40/40, and everything else is V4B1.

This was called a penalty, super close, but nice to see the referee was now in-tune after evening out the Sprints:

Wriggled away from the midfielder, and was able to get a rare shot off. See the block animation is more so a protective one now, which is pretty realistic as you see that a lot more IRL than an extended leg open (to avoid getting struck somewhere unpleasant):

This validates the line settings quite a bit, and how the patch has made the CPU much more aware of what they are doing with the ball. Seen so much more build up play. I was able to maintain good position and pressure when I saw the opportunity. Notice the defender did not push me off and gain control, instead they pursued and maintained a good angle for last second slide tackle:

Taking on the defender, and right away holding my player, both ref and assistant acknowledge the foul. Was not seeing this before evening out the Sprint value, so more in-sync, and the patch update certainly helps:

Last, but not least, because it's my favorite. The animation here is clumsy tackles, which was seen on 40 FT in previous patches. Seeing this animation appear is a breath of fresh air:

So did they fix the catch up bug? Do fast players and slow players run at the same speed? Also I still don't like how quick and ping pong the passing looks.

Posted this on OS, but spent some time adjusting our sliders, in particular just evening Sprint to get things more in-sync on this post patch. Really promising stuff:

The goal is to see animations and logic to support/validate the choices made. I think this is a solid patch so far, and I'm just skimming the surface.

This is on Sprint 40/40, and everything else is V4B1.

This was called a penalty, super close, but nice to see the referee was now in-tune after evening out the Sprints:

Wriggled away from the midfielder, and was able to get a rare shot off. See the block animation is more so a protective one now, which is pretty realistic as you see that a lot more IRL than an extended leg open (to avoid getting struck somewhere unpleasant):

This validates the line settings quite a bit, and how the patch has made the CPU much more aware of what they are doing with the ball. Seen so much more build up play. I was able to maintain good position and pressure when I saw the opportunity. Notice the defender did not push me off and gain control, instead they pursued and maintained a good angle for last second slide tackle:

Taking on the defender, and right away holding my player, both ref and assistant acknowledge the foul. Was not seeing this before evening out the Sprint value, so more in-sync, and the patch update certainly helps:

Last, but not least, because it's my favorite. The animation here is clumsy tackles, which was seen on 40 FT in previous patches. Seeing this animation appear is a breath of fresh air:

Good stuff (though when watching that second video, all I see is that terrible bug with the defending where you do a simple skill move and the AI defender just freezes and doesn't follow. Drives me nuts!).

I just want to know how defending overall is impacted by the patch. Are CPU defenses even easier to score against? Is defending against the CPU changed? How's the change to tackling?

So did they fix the catch up bug? Do fast players and slow players run at the same speed? Also I still don't like how quick and ping pong the passing looks.

There is no catch up bug. There's a minor issue with acceleration that's not quite right, but no catch up bug. Top end pace is fine.

Good stuff (though when watching that second video, all I see is that terrible bug with the defending where you do a simple skill move and the AI defender just freezes and doesn't follow. Drives me nuts!).

I just want to know how defending overall is impacted by the patch. Are CPU defenses even easier to score against? Is defending against the CPU changed? How's the change to tackling?

Personally feel like it's better. This match ended 0-0 on World Class. Maybe skewed because we're on sliders, but there are no adjustments to marking, just height in the line settings.

This may be tempting with fate, but there were multiple times in which it reminded me of FIFA 16's AI in the way there was a sense of protecting the ball and passing about the defense, and passing backwards. Could be CTTs of course, but still had to share.

The passing looks quick in replay on broadcast, when the FPS are the highest they can be of course. It definitely feels more like being broken down versus worn down. I don't see passing, trapping, and passing, as ping pong. They put their foot on it, and are visibly trying to move the ball about.

I really can`t enjoy this game any more becouse of passing. Don`t know why youtubbers enjoy it, maybe becouse they play assisted and don`t see it becouse this slowdown of passes occurs only on manual passing. Playing on assisted is limiting the game a lot

Back
Top Bottom