Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I said to myself ill come back to it when they sort the physicallity and fouls out. I know they are working on it, as they had few Tweats about it.
Anyway, i kicked it off just to play few games.
And coming from Pes19 into this I cant help myself but wonder - what happend with Fifa this year in terms of graphics??
I dont understand why this subject is not been discussed on Twitter...
If you compare F18 and F19 - F18 lools like a newer game. Pitch, colours, everything is better there. F19 is all washed out, there is too much colours and pitch looks awful..

Close ups are fine, but once camera goes back to normal match, it looks... awful...
Pes18 looked crap. It was cartoonish and stiff. Fifa18 looked great.
It almost looks like this year they decided to switch and Pes looks great, while FIFA went few years back...
Unless Im going mad and it just me...
The only thing I'm reacting on,is the strange concrete strip on terraces (where it should be adboards and probably be CL logos once you get to that) and that replays being weird at some stadiums,getting strange angles with half the picture blocked by stadium parts (so far Stadium of light and Turf moor)
But other than that I think it looks alright on my Xbox X
Got rid of my 18 so I can't really compare

The only thing I'm reacting on,is the strange concrete strip on terraces (where it should be adboards and probably be CL logos once you get to that) and that replays being weird at some stadiums,getting strange angles with half the picture blocked by stadium parts (so far Stadium of light and Turf moor)
But other than that I think it looks alright on my Xbox X
Got rid of my 18 so I can't really compare
I seriously have to have a closer look at settings, coz it looks so bad that its actually baffling.
But even when you watch youtube clips from 18 and 19 i personally think 18 looked much better...

I seriously have to have a closer look at settings, coz it looks so bad that its actually baffling.
But even when you watch youtube clips from 18 and 19 i personally think 18 looked much better...
Not saying your wrong mate,can't really compare since I sold my 18.
Your other games look alright on console,then it could very well be like you say.

So despite fixing the keepers according to their patch notes, they haven't fixed the massive issue of not being able to roll the ball out if you're playing with manual controls. Everytime you try, the keeper over arm throws the ball....even if the receiver is stood a foot away.

A further issue also ignored is the glitch that happens if the keeper undercuts (again, on manual) a short pass free kick. Basically the cursor fixes to the keeper but he cannot touch the ball again. The opposition just jogs up to the ball and smashes it into the net without challenge.

Do they even test the game..honestly.

Testing the latest patch and the pass speed seems really quick to me, particularly the AI's passing (and I've got sliders slowing down pass speed).

Maybe it's to do with the fact that I'm playing on higher difficulties now, I've always stuck to Professional but I've switched up and, I've got to admit, I'm starting to enjoy the game much less. The AI's first-time passing is just silly, the speed of the game is crazy.

It's taken a couple of months but I have to admit, the wheels are coming off a bit now. I've really enjoyed playing as Tranmere and progressing up the league, but the "it gets too easy" problem has hit me now, and raising the difficulty just seems to make the AI more manic than anything else.

When you come straight off playing the much slower (though on-rails) gameplay from PES, it's difficult to accept how fast (even on slow, with sliders) the game is. Particularly the passing. Damn it...

Last edited:
Testing the latest patch and the pass speed seems really quick to me, particularly the AI's passing (and I've got sliders slowing down pass speed).

Maybe it's to do with the fact that I'm playing on higher difficulties now, I've always stuck to Professional but I've switched up and, I've got to admit, I'm starting to enjoy the game much less. The AI's first-time passing is just silly, the speed of the game is crazy.

It's taken a couple of months but I have to admit, the wheels are coming off a bit now. I've really enjoyed playing as Tranmere and progressing up the league, but the "it gets too easy" problem has hit me now, and raising the difficulty just seems to make the AI more manic than anything else.

When you come straight off playing the much slower (though on-rails) gameplay from PES, it's difficult to accept how fast (even on slow, with sliders) the game is. Particularly the passing. Damn it...
I think the build up play can be a bit to frantic at times
I'm at 40 for sprint speed and 35/25 in passing speed.
Can you play as conference teams now Chris? Cool:)

Yeah, FIFA always feels gross coming from PES for me. Usually though if I stick with it and don't go back to PES, I acclimate and it's all good.

So despite fixing the keepers according to their patch notes, they haven't fixed the massive issue of not being able to roll the ball out if you're playing with manual controls. Everytime you try, the keeper over arm throws the ball....even if the receiver is stood a foot away.

A further issue also ignored is the glitch that happens if the keeper undercuts (again, on manual) a short pass free kick. Basically the cursor fixes to the keeper but he cannot touch the ball again. The opposition just jogs up to the ball and smashes it into the net without challenge.

Do they even test the game..honestly.

That's because it's not a massive issue. The vast majority of this game is designed to cater to the multiplayer crowd playing at default settings. If they're barely doing anything for CM or Pro Clubs, they sure as hell ain't gonna bother with manual, let alone something that just effects keepers.

Only played a few games post patch but i find it different from what it was.
Hard to say what exactly, but it seems more speedy than before.
Before the patch i did not like playing with big teams as it all went so damn fast.

Playing in lower league with Tranmere however was perfect for me. Now also in this league it seems much faster.
Could be just me not having played alot recently due to RDR2, but the opponent seems to pass the ball around much quicker.
Not sure if i like this...

What makes the AI manic is the RF anything above 5 and it's tika taka lightning quick. I've reduced it to 0 but but line height up to 55 so they still push forward. I'm slowly getting into this now with sliders i enjoy

Hi Chris, I felt this from the last patch actually. It felt like the game had moved to a kind of perpetual motion, everything moving towards another attack, that was with Matt's sliders. I felt the pass speed was too quick already, sad to hear it's sped up further.
After the first or second patch, the game felt so good. Almost too slow at times. I remember thinking it felt stodgy but in a good way, I had to think ahead when moving my players because they felt heavy. That slowly disappeared and as the game speeds up, it once again reveals fifa's worst traits. Very frustrating.

i dont see any difference when it comes to game speed , it all depends on AI team tactic. Tested it today and still big defference between long ball tactic ( athletic bilbao) and possesion with more tiki taka ( real madrid ) but more interesting thing is...

first match(latest patch) ..... yellow card for AI and i won penalty - i think its my first penaly in fifa 19 huh ? . Second match and two yellow cards for AI. what the hell ? i guees i am lucky but..... Now i see operation sports forum and seems like and i am not alone.

Last edited:

Can't say I disagree.
I'm in a very similar position to be frank.

I can confirm as well that CPU AI is more aggressive and making some fouls, I played 3 games yesterday and in every game CPU fouled me couple of times (some late sliding tackles which looked very very nice and natural like CPU was late with its timing). Overall I think the latest patch made the game better but CPU is a little bit too "quick" with passing and attacking but not sure if this is a big issue as I have tried to play very very carefully in defence, keeping my positions with my defenders and it made CPU less perfect and slower with its attacks.

After last patch I have enjoyed this game the most, definitely. Gameplay seems to be so polished right now. This game is really good. If you are playing on manual like myself you have a chance to play some real football.

One more thing which I have seen with the newest patch is even more physicality and fight between the players, very impressive.

I agree - the game is growing on me patch by patch - ive only played one game post patch but pre patch i could get 5 fouls per game - even had a penalty for a late tackle and another for a handball- not sure but i find the AI fouls more in competition games than exhibition. if they can tweak this further then great. Regarding pass speed i think its been turned up a notch but then i had it increased anyway as it felt like it was in glue at times.

EA's community guy has confirmed they are "looking into" AI defending, and I don't think he'd say it in such black-and-white terms if it wasn't going to be part of a future patch. (@mfmaxpower - check it out.)

Over 1,000 "likes" on his comment, too. That's more than his initial tweet asking for feedback...

EDIT: I've only just realised this isn't referring to AI aggression / tackles, I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
The very few times I get fouled (pre or post patch) it's always by above average teams/top teams.
Play Leicester or West ham and nothing,but Vs Liverpool/spurs/Chelsea I do get the random one,must be a connection to aggressiveness.

EA's community guy has confirmed they are "looking into" AI defending, and I don't think he'd say it in such black-and-white terms if it wasn't going to be part of a future patch. (@mfmaxpower - check it out.)

Over 1,000 "likes" on his comment, too. That's more than his initial tweet asking for feedback...

Yeah, I responded to that tweet. What concerns me is that I've yet to see a single person define how the AI defending is OP. I've also yet to see a single video posted that shows the AI doing something it shouldn't.

The best I can decipher is that no one really has a firm grasp on how they want the AI defending to change, except that they want it to be less active with more responsibility placed on the user for defending. That sounds fine in theory but there's two big problems as I see it.

One is that the defensive mechanics - 1-on-1 marking, tackling, and player switching especially - are not where they need to be to nerf AI defending and retain a realistic balance to gameplay. Unfortunately the response I get when I suggest this is either "so what" or "increasing the skill gap is more important than retaining realism."

The other thing is I don't think most people understand what defending is in football - how most of it is positioning and reading the game - and that tackling is only a small part of that, and as such it's extremely difficult to program the defensive side of the game so that it's both realistic while also placing the focus on user skill. This for me is a perfect example of why team sport games - and maybe especially FIFA - is not well suited for 1v1 competitive play.

Unfortunately the Pros are leading the charge on this, and so many of the FUTers just take their word as gospel, but the Pros are primarily concerned with competitive play and skill gaps, not realism and authentic football.

Yeah, I responded to that tweet. What concerns me is that I've yet to see a single person define how the AI defending is OP. I've also yet to see a single video posted that shows the AI doing something it shouldn't.
Sorry, I was totally misreading it, I was thinking it was a response to the AI not performing fouls. It's been a really long day...

Sorry, I was totally misreading it, I was thinking it was a response to the AI not performing fouls. It's been a really long day...
Thats why I wasnt getting involved in this conversation or Twitter posts.
I just dont know exactly what they mean by that. If its too precise, OP COM tackling - great. But im afraid they just want COM to be dummer and not pressurise them too much. If thats the case then why the fuck so many people complain that game is too easy this year??
I dont know, its a strange crowd these online players...

The best I can decipher is that no one really has a firm grasp on how they want the AI defending to change, except that they want it to be less active with more responsibility placed on the user for defending. That sounds fine in theory but there's two big problems as I see it.

One is that the defensive mechanics - 1-on-1 marking, tackling, and player switching especially - are not where they need to be to nerf AI defending and retain a realistic balance to gameplay. Unfortunately the response I get when I suggest this is either "so what" or "increasing the skill gap is more important than retaining realism."

The other thing is I don't think most people understand what defending is in football - how most of it is positioning and reading the game - and that tackling is only a small part of that, and as such it's extremely difficult to program the defensive side of the game so that it's both realistic while also placing the focus on user skill. This for me is a perfect example of why team sport games - and maybe especially FIFA - is not well suited for 1v1 competitive play.

Unfortunately the Pros are leading the charge on this, and so many of the FUTers just take their word as gospel, but the Pros are primarily concerned with competitive play and skill gaps, not realism and authentic football.

If anything your CPU defenders should be getting upgraded not downgraded. They make so many elementary mistakes it's ridiculous. I've mentioned full backs tucking in before and playing CM, does my head in. Add to that that the back four can't keep a line, someone always follows a runner into the box which is why they're so few offside calls. As well as the the midfield and defence are separated by a invisible neutral zone. Attackers for the CPU can always drop off and receive the ball in space because a)none of the CB's step onto them and b) the CDM doesn't cut the lane properly. T His has the knock on effect of allowing the CPU to attack inorganically cause it can always find it's striker.

Other issues you have mentioned in your post. The bottom line is that football isn't basketball. Scoring is meant to be rare and a thing of beauty. Defending should be easy than attacking, it's a fundamental of the game.

Can't say I disagree.
I'm in a very similar position to be frank.
After saying all that, I've just spent the last few hours playing with difficulty levels and sliders, and I've just had the most brilliant, tense game I've had in ages.

Both sides finished a 16-minute game having just four shots each.

All I did was...
  • Switched to World Class (the AI have to take a touch before they ping a pass)
  • Set shooting to semi (I miss as many shots as the AI does)
  • Set sprint to 50, acceleration to 49/48
  • Set shot error and pass error to 50
  • Set shot speed to 49, pass speed to 42
  • Set marking to 50, run frequency to 20
  • Set first touch error to 60
I also - and this is almost definitely placebo - set the speed to NORMAL on the pre-match screen, then pressed :circle: to back out, then went back into the settings, selected SLOW, then backed out with :circle: again. Just because I almost feel like the game forgets it's set, sometimes...

Still no fouls... But there was build-up play, individual skill shone through, and I didn't manage to win!

After saying all that, I've just spent the last few hours playing with difficulty levels and sliders, and I've just had the most brilliant, tense game I've had in ages.

All I did was...

Set shooting to semi (I miss as many shots as the AI does)
    Set sprint to 50, acceleration to 49/48
    Set shot error and pass error to 50
    Set shot speed to 49, pass speed to 42
    Set marking to 50, run frequency to 20
    Set first touch error to 60
I also - and this is almost definitely placebo - set the speed to NORMAL on the pre-match screen, then pressed :circle: to back out, then went back into the settings, selected SLOW, then backed out with :circle: again. Just because I almost feel like the game forgets it's set, sometimes...

Still no fouls... But there was build-up play, individual skill shone through, and I didn't manage to win!
I’m gonna try this Chris as I’m just getting no satisfaction out of it at the moment. Hoping to start a new career mode once it feels great. I think you're right about the speed issue because I set it to slow when trying out the sliders, next game or two all of a sudden it’s rapid again. Thought I had it it perfect last night but then when I tried to play a test with city, game felt poor again.

You forgot to mention getting up and switching on/off each light switch three times, being sure to start the match only when the clock starts with an odd number, all the while murmuring a prayer to the footballing gods, first in English, then Spanish and French, and again in English.

All I did was...

Hey pal, Didn't know if you wanted to try this. Feel like I may have found settings that suit how I want to play and that feel close to the same feeling I had just after release. For me anyway, may depend on the style of play and preferences.

Slow speed, 7-minute halves. Legendary
CPU - Goalkeeper 52 - Line length 70.
Me - Pass Error 52 - Pass Speed 49 - Line Lenght 70.

Had two great draws in the Milan Derby. The line length seemed to negate the rapid tika-taka and perpetual player motion another member mentioned. It almost seems to keep midfielders from constantly bombing towards goal past the forwards to keep the distance of the team's length.

Apologies as I know its not the slider thread but also wanted to put it here as it was the first 2 great games I have had since the updates and thought it might be of use to others trying to get the game back to where it was.

I've also been increasing line length for AI and noticed the one touch passing lowers due to space. The main issue I have is at times it feels like a wrestling match between players add to that minimal fouls and it just gets frustrating. Then there's the AI defending that seem to be able to read 99% of passes and intercept. It all results in poor game flow overall

All I did was...

This for me is everything that's wrong with the game.

I want to enjoy something 'out of the box', not spend all year long tinkering with it just so I can't score easily and for the AI to play a little more realistically.

I miss the old days...when I was young and more easily pleased. I'd load up PES 5 and play for hours on end, every single evening with a smile on my face. Not sit there fiddling with sliders and game speeds.

Modern gaming is amazing...modern football gaming isn't.

I can confirm as well that CPU AI is more aggressive and making some fouls, I played 3 games yesterday and in every game CPU fouled me couple of times (some late sliding tackles which looked very very nice and natural like CPU was late with its timing). Overall I think the latest patch made the game better but CPU is a little bit too "quick" with passing and attacking but not sure if this is a big issue as I have tried to play very very carefully in defence, keeping my positions with my defenders and it made CPU less perfect and slower with its attacks.

After last patch I have enjoyed this game the most, definitely. Gameplay seems to be so polished right now. This game is really good. If you are playing on manual like myself you have a chance to play some real football.

One more thing which I have seen with the newest patch is even more physicality and fight between the players, very impressive.
Don't do this to me. Are you saying that I'm going to have to download and install FIFA 19 again??!

Anyone else confirm if the game has fouls post-patch and plays better in single player?!

This for me is everything that's wrong with the game.

I want to enjoy something 'out of the box', not spend all year long tinkering with it just so I can't score easily and for the AI to play a little more realistically.

I miss the old days...when I was young and more easily pleased. I'd load up PES 5 and play for hours on end, every single evening with a smile on my face. Not sit there fiddling with sliders and game speeds.

Modern gaming is amazing...modern football gaming isn't.
Yeah, would be great if they just implemented some starting settings

How do you want to play?
- realistic football
- arcade football

You click and game adjusts all settings itself and at its core.

Back
Top Bottom