Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
No you need to use the right stick to knock the ball ahead to sprint at full speed.

Aaaaah, I never knew you could. Nice. I'll try that next time. :LOL: Thanks, guys!

My FUMA career is going really badly, by the way. In November now, using a lot of kids from the academy as the first team players are just terrible. But of course the kids are really poor too. Getting the damned ball in the net is close to impossible at times, the wouldn't hit a barn door from 2 meters. Second from bottom now, so I wonder how long I'll get to keep the job. :CONFUSE:

I thought things were getting a little easy because i had won my last couple of games. But i left it on the same level today and boy what 2 great games i had today.

One was against Coventry who were second from bottom. They scored in the 9th and 12th minute. The home fans were silent. A few minutes later our striker Robinson took the ball along the left wing. I was doing my own commentating “ this is a rare sight with Southend attacking the Coventry goal” then Robinson miss hits a cross and it catches everyone out including the goalie and it bends in. “Wow that’s unbelievable! They are back in it!” Suddenly the home fans are roaring.

In the second half Robinson toe pokes a cross in. 2-2. I think we will go on to win now but then i make the fatal mistake of kicking a goal kick to my defender but the CPU striker jumps in front and scores. 3-2. I was gutted but still a great game.

The second game was such a tight game against Walsall. They were all over me in the first half but stayed 0-0. Then second half we used the “Pressing” tactic. It was so so scrappy but so so excellent. They were putting all different types of crosses in. I was spamming headers away. It was up one end then back down the other without any shots because boths teams defence were doing well. Then we had an attack which broke down and then our midfielder got the loose ball and whacks in another classic FIFA 2019 goal! Finished 1-0 and so so satisfying.

For me this game needs to be played FUMA. I love the way you can play balls into space. Sometimes i have to sprint with the ball so i can find space to pass into. The ball feels so free so loose. But for me it has to be FUMA, normal speed, default sliders. Best footy game now.

On an off topic kinda note AO Tennis is pretty good too ;)

No offense but the CPU's ability to do these things, and whether you see it, is highly dependent on your own skill and what tactics you use.

In my Liverpool CM, anytime I played against a team under 4 stars, I blew them away. When I played against lower league squads in tournaments, even with playing my reserves, I was winning 5 or 6 to 0. Sometimes they'd get an odd goal but it truly felt like playing against a shit team. That's on Ultimate.

Meanwhile I've only been playing FUT Squad Battles lately, and you see the worst of the AI when it plays with chemistry boosts, and it's rare that I experience what you describe that I cannot attribute to my own playstyle, tactics, or ability. Shoot, I finish Elite 1 most weeks, which means I win more than I lose playing on Legendary, but the people in the top 100 are going pretty much undefeated and not conceding. So it's totally doable.

**Edit: I forgot to mention tactics. If you're playing a team that shouldn't be one touch passing as well as they are, immediately activate the team press option in the quick tactics. An elite team might be able to beat it but I use this on the regular if I'm feeling frustrated with my ability to gain possession back and it works a charm. I've also heard recommendations of using the overload ball side tactic but haven't really tried it.

Also, one of the best tips for defending when you're struggling against the CPU passing is to not play the man but play the next man.

Pressing works a treat this year. Use it if you're finding the CPU with too much space. I fully agree that there's flaws with the AI programming - what's new with these games - but it's totally possible to dominate lesser teams and with the right approach (and skill) you can defend against most of the bad AI bits.

I'm by no means implying that I'm particularly good at defending in this game, but my claim is that there is something fundamentally wrong with how the AI is programmed if I can play as Spurs and smash City and Chelski 4 and 5-1, and then draw 4-4 with Crewe in the next match. Something there just doesn't compute. If I was terrible at the game and lost to city and chelski, then sure, drawing 4-4 could happen, but the way it happened, especially with the two other matches in mind, just shouldn't be happening in a football game trying to be close to simulation, in my opinion. Crewe Alexandra players out running and out muscling Tottenham Hotspur players over the length of a game should simply not be happening. Not realistic in this day and age.

I thought things were getting a little easy because i had won my last couple of games. But i left it on the same level today and boy what 2 great games i had today.

One was against Coventry who were second from bottom. They scored in the 9th and 12th minute. The home fans were silent. A few minutes later our striker Robinson took the ball along the left wing. I was doing my own commentating “ this is a rare sight with Southend attacking the Coventry goal” then Robinson miss hits a cross and it catches everyone out including the goalie and it bends in. “Wow that’s unbelievable! They are back in it!” Suddenly the home fans are roaring.

In the second half Robinson toe pokes a cross in. 2-2. I think we will go on to win now but then i make the fatal mistake of kicking a goal kick to my defender but the CPU striker jumps in front and scores. 3-2. I was gutted but still a great game.

The second game was such a tight game against Walsall. They were all over me in the first half but stayed 0-0. Then second half we used the “Pressing” tactic. It was so so scrappy but so so excellent. They were putting all different types of crosses in. I was spamming headers away. It was up one end then back down the other without any shots because boths teams defence were doing well. Then we had an attack which broke down and then our midfielder got the loose ball and whacks in another classic FIFA 2019 goal! Finished 1-0 and so so satisfying.

For me this game needs to be played FUMA. I love the way you can play balls into space. Sometimes i have to sprint with the ball so i can find space to pass into. The ball feels so free so loose. But for me it has to be FUMA, normal speed, default sliders. Best footy game now.

On an off topic kinda note AO Tennis is pretty good too ;)

I've noticed more and more issues with player switching on fuma, especially if you play balls into space. Really makes the advantages of playing balls into space pointless a lot of times, as the player who should be running onto it simply won't, as the computer will decide, without you being able to overrule it, that some other dude is supposed to receive the pass.

I've noticed more and more issues with player switching on fuma, especially if you play balls into space. Really makes the advantages of playing balls into space pointless a lot of times, as the player who should be running onto it simply won't, as the computer will decide, without you being able to overrule it, that some other dude is supposed to receive the pass.

Been noticing this recently, often results in my CB for example strolling into midfield to receive a pass meant for a midfielder. I'm sure this didn't happen before the patch.

Been noticing this recently, often results in my CB for example strolling into midfield to receive a pass meant for a midfielder. I'm sure this didn't happen before the patch.

I have only noticed it when playing it along the wings. Sometimes intented for my striker but he leaves it for my SM. It can be annoying. I wonder if i set my strikers to play mixed attack if that will solve it. I used to have one striker to stay central and have the ball played to feet which was fine but when there was an opportunity for a through ball to him he would not run into the space. So i had to change him to “get behind” and it works better now.

It may also be because we are Spurs fans :P

@Placebo it sounds good with Motty. But if i am honest i normally prefer to mute the commentating in games. All Martin Tyler says is “here” all the time. And it can be really annoying when i am losing and Alan Smith is reminding me of how bad my team is playing. I prefer my own shouting and screaming.

Guys i just wanna understand, in FUT
Sane price 180000!!!!!
All defenders above 85 price is 200000?
What is this, in fifa 18 i could buy sane for 7000 coins, and salah for 8000? Whats the happening, and how the heck do people have these players already in their team, do they eat drink shit fifa 19? Or what?

I mentioned this match earlier.
It was quite a scrappy but open game. Both teams struggling. I love the randomness in this game. Anything can happen.

It looked like one goal would win it and it did in the 64th minute.

Nice! Enjoyed that. Manual shooting? That's an excellent goal, then! I can't even hit the target from outside the box with my lousy Newport players. :BLINK: You're FUMA professional on default sliders, right? Looked like a nice game. I actually switched to semi-passing again last night, the manual passes just feel so unbalanced compared to assisted or semi, if you press short to semi-short on the button, the pass is so often too weak, but if you hold it just a little bit longer it's often too hard - and it might be because I'm playing with a crappy team and crappy players, but they're just so shit at receiving balls that aren't exactly at their feet, and it's just insanely frustrating at times. So chasing an equalizer, for instance, I found myself just ... it wasn't going to happen. I'm thinking about starting a FUMA career with Spurs, and see how it goes with players that are more skilled than the Newport players, might be it was a handicap too much playing FUMA with the lousy league 2 players (and a lot of youth in their 50's OVR). Aaah, the joys of endlessly flicking back and forth between settings - ain't it the FIFA life! :LOL:

But thanks for the video, it looked an enjoyable game! :)

Nice! Enjoyed that. Manual shooting? That's an excellent goal, then! I can't even hit the target from outside the box with my lousy Newport players. :BLINK: You're FUMA professional on default sliders, right? Looked like a nice game. I actually switched to semi-passing again last night, the manual passes just feel so unbalanced compared to assisted or semi, if you press short to semi-short on the button, the pass is so often too weak, but if you hold it just a little bit longer it's often too hard - and it might be because I'm playing with a crappy team and crappy players, but they're just so shit at receiving balls that aren't exactly at their feet, and it's just insanely frustrating at times. So chasing an equalizer, for instance, I found myself just ... it wasn't going to happen. I'm thinking about starting a FUMA career with Spurs, and see how it goes with players that are more skilled than the Newport players, might be it was a handicap too much playing FUMA with the lousy league 2 players (and a lot of youth in their 50's OVR). Aaah, the joys of endlessly flicking back and forth between settings - ain't it the FIFA life! :LOL:

But thanks for the video, it looked an enjoyable game! :)

Yes it is manual shooting and they don’t normally fly in like that. It was a case of just hit and hope and that’s what happened. That is also where I can see the difference that stats make.

Yep it’s on professional with default sliders apart from Inj Freq 60/60 Inj Sev 10/10 and First Touch 60/60. But what makes a big difference for me is the power bar setting at 70 although I think anywhere between 60-70 is good. Otherwise I find the passes finish short quite a lot. Also with the game speed on normal it keeps it well paced.

I think with FUMA you have to try to take your time and not panic and pass back and side to side if you have to. That’s why 10 or 15 mins halves are good otherwise it will be too rushed. Also try to pass into space. It can be so annoying at times but once you get the hang of it it feels almost as good as scoring when you hit that perfect pass.

Another thing is try to ignore the Passing % figures at the end. Because it can be discouraging when you see the other team on 80% and you only have 50%. I really don’t think these figures are correct. For example when I pass a ball into space does that count as a good pass or only when it goes to feet?

Persevere Daisuk. :)

I love the bit at 47 minutes where "T. Robinson" sprints 50 yards to close down the defender and slide tackle straight past him! Made me laugh out loud that bit, sorry ;)

Heh heh yeh I had a rush of blood go to my head. He would have probably got sent off if he took him down.

guys why no one answers me whenever i ask about FUT stuff?
Sorry i don’t play FUT.

Yes it is manual shooting and they don’t normally fly in like that. It was a case of just hit and hope and that’s what happened. That is also where I can see the difference that stats make.

Yep it’s on professional with default sliders apart from Inj Freq 60/60 Inj Sev 10/10 and First Touch 60/60. But what makes a big difference for me is the power bar setting at 70 although I think anywhere between 60-70 is good. Otherwise I find the passes finish short quite a lot. Also with the game speed on normal it keeps it well paced.

I think with FUMA you have to try to take your time and not panic and pass back and side to side if you have to. That’s why 10 or 15 mins halves are good otherwise it will be too rushed. Also try to pass into space. It can be so annoying at times but once you get the hang of it it feels almost as good as scoring when you hit that perfect pass.

Another thing is try to ignore the Passing % figures at the end. Because it can be discouraging when you see the other team on 80% and you only have 50%. I really don’t think these figures are correct. For example when I pass a ball into space does that count as a good pass or only when it goes to feet?

Persevere Daisuk. :)

Heh heh yeh I had a rush of blood go to my head. He would have probably got sent off if he took him down.

Sorry i don’t play FUT.

Thanks. Yeah, I should just persevere, but it's like I'm going backwards instead for getting better, getting worse and worse results, and equally frustrated, hehe. Sucker punched time and again, and don't really even have that one quality guy in the team that could make a difference. Anyways, the pass % seems to me to be complete bollocks. The little stat window appeared in a half where I was just terrible, misplacing pass after pass, and yet it showed I had 100% pass completion! I've seen similar before as well, so I don't really trust it for a second.

The little stat window appeared in a half where I was just terrible, misplacing pass after pass, and yet it showed I had 100% pass completion! I've seen similar before as well, so I don't really trust it for a second.
I've been testing that and it's literally never correct.

Either the headline should say "last five minutes", or it's just completely broken.

The amount of times I've been like "woah, 100% pass accuracy, what a ridiculous game, I'll have to adjust the sliders" - then you look at the match stats in the pause menu, and it's 80%...

I've been testing that and it's literally never correct.

Either the headline should say "last five minutes", or it's just completely broken.

The amount of times I've been like "woah, 100% pass accuracy, what a ridiculous game, I'll have to adjust the sliders" - then you look at the match stats in the pause menu, and it's 80%...

Ah, ok, so it's just the little window that appears that is wrong? The pause menu stats are correct?

The little window during a match doesn't show the overall passing accuracy, it shows the passing accuracy of certain players, so if these players didn't misplace a pass, it shows 100% for them.

The little window during a match doesn't show the overall passing accuracy, it shows the passing accuracy of certain players, so if these players didn't misplace a pass, it shows 100% for them.

Sometimes it show passing accuracy of certain players, other times it shows passing accuracy of the whole team.

Ah, ok, so it's just the little window that appears that is wrong? The pause menu stats are correct?

The one in the window is definately wrong but my opinion is the one in the pause window may be inaccuarate too. If i play a pass into space does it calculate that as a good pass?

Also if the cpu humps the ball clear and it happens to fall to its player is that also a good pass?

It also shows the team passing accuracy.

Question.
Do they update commentary throughout the year? Talking mainly about Team names.

I started Career Mode in spanish D2. And they dont call any of the teams names.
I know its a minor thing, but takes away a lot for me, when commentator says
"nice shot from...uhmm...home team"
"This is a lineup of the..uhmm...home side"
"They are playing well" (who? Me or them?)

Last year I was playing in lowest english division and they had great commentary there. Its a bit weird having this in english D4 and not in Spanish D2..
Is there a chance for this to be updated?

Ps. I really love commentary on FIFA. I know a lot of people give out about it but its so refreshing coming from PES listening to Jimmy...

i had to start work late this moring. i felt sick. i think i got the "DAVIES", because i sqeezed in a match before work! :LOL:
played FRA:GER again! lost again but it was fun! :D the new slider set (V2B2) plays some lovely football, imo!
have a good day yall! :BYE:

Question.

Last year I was playing in lowest english division and they had great commentary there. Its a bit weird having this in english D4 and not in Spanish D2..
Is there a chance for this to be updated?

Ps. I really love commentary on FIFA. I know a lot of people give out about it but its so refreshing coming from PES listening to Jimmy...

I agree. Even though he says "here" a lot, I especially like the Derek Rae commentary they've added this year. Wish I could use him for all games though. I'm one of those who have to play with commentary. I can't play nor watch a football match without it.

Question.

Yeah, playing as Tranmere is a bit rubbish - Martin Tyler says "Tranmere" at the start of the game, but then throughout the game you hear the stadium announcer say "for the home team" (e.g. "SCORER FOR THE HOME TEAM!") and then you get "the home team" throughout commentary for the rest of the match.

I believe there were a few updates in the last patch - but Tranmere hasn't been updated.

Maybe next year...

I agree. Even though he says "here" a lot, I especially like the Derek Rae commentary they've added this year. Wish I could use him for all games though. I'm one of those who have to play with commentary. I can't play nor watch a football match without it.
What annoys me is that Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend seem to do Bundesliga commentary (there's a few videos of it out there), but playing in England, I won't get to hear them.

It'd make the world of difference if I could alternate commentary teams...

Back
Top Bottom