Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I believe there were a few updates in the last patch - but Tranmere hasn't been updated.
Last year I was playing with Cheltenham from the bottom of english football and as far as I remember I havent heard "home team" once. I was actually surprised by quality of the commentary and the fact that all the team were called out (it was first FIFA since 2010 for me). But i got it in March. So maybe it was after few updates.
If they are making some updates - there's hope.

Lee Dixon - Ive always said if you win your home games and dont lose your away games...

Says that at the start of every CL game. Annoying.

Yeah, very deep thought...
I almost wonder if they've tried to make him sound stupid on purpose.

Some of the lines are absolutely ridiculous, to the point where I think it can't be a mistake. Stuff like "well if you don't score, you can't win" and worse.

guys why no one answers me whenever i ask about FUT stuff?

I am sorry Lobbedball, that's not very polite from us.
I don't think enough of us play FUT here. We are more Career Mode type of people. I'm sure you'd find more answers regarding FUT in the EA Help forums.

The player switching is really annoying me at the moment. So many times a ball goes loose and my nearest player wanders away from it and I can't switch to him. I literally missed a brilliant goal scoring opportunity last night because of this and switched off in disgust.

The one in the window is definately wrong but my opinion is the one in the pause window may be inaccuarate too. If i play a pass into space does it calculate that as a good pass?

Also if the cpu humps the ball clear and it happens to fall to its player is that also a good pass?

It also shows the team passing accuracy.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I've always been a bit suspicious of the pass %. Both instances you mention definitely should count as a good pass, and that should be how the game counts them, but who knows. :)

The player switching is really annoying me at the moment. So many times a ball goes loose and my nearest player wanders away from it and I can't switch to him. I literally missed a brilliant goal scoring opportunity last night because of this and switched off in disgust.

Yep, same here - very annoying! Might be a 1.02 issue, didn't notice it on the first patch.

Heh heh yeh I had a rush of blood go to my head. He would have probably got sent off if he took him down.

I enjoyed watching it though, seems like you have a good balance of sliders/speed/difficulty, the AI played fairly humanly against you and you played quite humanly as well ;) Excellent goal, you must have yelled "huzzah" at the top of your lungs when that went in ;)

A couple of tips that may or may not be useful, when you play a longer ball up to your forward, if you hold down L2 as the ball comes to him it may help him control the ball and it not bounce off him (doesn't always work and depends on the strength of your forward and the defender marking him), and I noticed at least once you and a defender were in a race to get to the ball but the defender was slightly ahead, if you tap the push pull (ie soft tackle) button you can nudge the defender and they may fall over or do a heavy touch on the ball so you can win it and often it doesn't get called a foul ;)

Guys i just wanna understand, in FUT
Sane price 180000!!!!!
All defenders above 85 price is 200000?
What is this, in fifa 18 i could buy sane for 7000 coins, and salah for 8000? Whats the happening, and how the heck do people have these players already in their team, do they eat drink shit fifa 19? Or what?
Their price has gone up because they had good season in real football and therefore ratings are higher than last year. The weekly rewards in division rivals are higher. I have been earning around 37000 coins ievery week due to position in division rivals (only am in division 6). Save these up and after a few weeks you can buy better players.Also from past experience prices tend to come down as time goes on.

Guys i just wanna understand, in FUT
Sane price 180000!!!!!
All defenders above 85 price is 200000?
What is this, in fifa 18 i could buy sane for 7000 coins, and salah for 8000? Whats the happening, and how the heck do people have these players already in their team, do they eat drink shit fifa 19? Or what?

I wouldn't freak out. Top players have always cost insane amounts (I just bought Sane for like 170,000 but the real best players go for over a 1 million!) so that's nothing new but this year it's the easiest ever to build a team because of all the content they've added to the mode.

It's actually quite fun and in some ways is better than CM in making you feel like a manager. You actually have to rotate your squad because of fitness while buying expensive players is a bit nerve racking when you have to work so hard to earn those precious coins.

I'm by no means implying that I'm particularly good at defending in this game, but my claim is that there is something fundamentally wrong with how the AI is programmed if I can play as Spurs and smash City and Chelski 4 and 5-1, and then draw 4-4 with Crewe in the next match. Something there just doesn't compute. If I was terrible at the game and lost to city and chelski, then sure, drawing 4-4 could happen, but the way it happened, especially with the two other matches in mind, just shouldn't be happening in a football game trying to be close to simulation, in my opinion. Crewe Alexandra players out running and out muscling Tottenham Hotspur players over the length of a game should simply not be happening. Not realistic in this day and age.

Yes, that would be a problem and I can understand your criticism. I guess I'm a little surprised because while in past FIFAs I've experienced exactly what you describe and it's been frustrating and infuriating, this year I feel like there's a huge difference between playing top teams and lesser teams. IMO maybe too much of a difference because while top teams are a challenge to play against, I've pretty much destroyed all lesser quality teams and it's a bit dull. For example, my last game in the UCL was against a lower rated team and I won something like 6-2 playing with Liverpool's backups.

So I'm just a little surprised because I'm not seeing what you're experience. Kinda the opposite in fact.

I enjoyed watching it though, seems like you have a good balance of sliders/speed/difficulty, the AI played fairly humanly against you and you played quite humanly as well ;) Excellent goal, you must have yelled "huzzah" at the top of your lungs when that went in ;)

A couple of tips that may or may not be useful, when you play a longer ball up to your forward, if you hold down L2 as the ball comes to him it may help him control the ball and it not bounce off him (doesn't always work and depends on the strength of your forward and the defender marking him), and I noticed at least once you and a defender were in a race to get to the ball but the defender was slightly ahead, if you tap the push pull (ie soft tackle) button you can nudge the defender and they may fall over or do a heavy touch on the ball so you can win it and often it doesn't get called a foul ;)

Thanks, yeh i seem to have found the sweet spot with this game. I’m not that great so i do find professional a challenge and realistic too. I just played against Sunderland who are top and it was quite an easy game but they still won 1-0. They score in about the 93rd min and i was thinking “scripting” but then i thought that is the first injury time goal i have conceded so far. It was my own fault because i tried to play out of defence instead of hoof it.

Thanks for the tips heh heh for some reason i was holding one of the R buttons to control the ball but i think that is in old PES games. I’m guessing that’s for shielding too?

I didnt shout out “huzzah” it was more of a “come on get in there my son” :P

Just played a CL game Spurs (me) v Barca. On World Class “huzzah”. I enjoyed a little moment in this match. Here are the goals.

Just played a CL game Spurs (me) v Barca. On World Class “huzzah”. I enjoyed a little moment in this match. Here are the goals.

Immediately hate the first goal of the AI's because it's so typical, everything's first-time and not only that but the rebound is met absurdly perfectly given how quickly and unexpectedly the ball came to him. It's why I'm glad every time I think Professional is just a touch too easy, I end up losing a game I should have won.

That being said, loved both of your goals! :D

Immediately hate the first goal of the AI's because it's so typical, everything's first-time and not only that but the rebound is met absurdly perfectly given how quickly and unexpectedly the ball came to him. It's why I'm glad every time I think Professional is just a touch too easy, I end up losing a game I should have won.

I think it's a good strike, Alba loses his marker and hits it on the half volley, nothing wrong with that, it's not like it even goes in. What else would you expect him to do from 12 yards. I'd be upset if he controlled it and made a inch perfect pass to someone 6 yards out, that sort of thing is harder to defend against.

I hate to be that guy, so I am sorry in advance. But it's Nottingham or Nottm, never Notts Forest. It is the pet peeve of all Forest fans. True story, Brian Clough refused to acknowledge the brown, ceramic teapot we got for winning the FA cup in 1898 as it says Notts Forest on the recipient. It's also a brown, ceramic teapot which probably didn't help :LOL:

I know mate - I have already been corrected elsewhere by a Nott'm, Forest Fan for my slip up, won't happen again ;-)

I think it's a good strike, Alba loses his marker and hits it on the half volley, nothing wrong with that, it's not like it even goes in. What else would you expect him to do from 12 yards. I'd be upset if he controlled it and made a inch perfect pass to someone 6 yards out, that sort of thing is harder to defend against.
I was referring to the header more than anything else. It's not the worst example but it's still an example of a player reacting incredibly quickly and accurately when the ball is coming to him unexpectedly.

Oh man, this game is so much worse than FIFA 18. Player switching is a total mess, you pass the ball to a player, he ignores it and another one who is 20 metres away comes to take the ball, responsivness also, you press shoot and the player just runs with the ball into the def without even attempting to shoot, so does the new funny ball bounces, where you take the ball from the attacker three times and it always comes back to him. Also supercancel is still not working. This is becoming more frustrating than entertaining. In FIFA 18, I always knew, that if Im defending properly, i probably wont get scored. In 19 i know that i can do my best but because the things i mentioned a still get scored because the game just wants it.
Its still an awesome game, but 18 was just better, more fair and skill based.

I didnt even think of that if i’m honest. I suppose i was half expecting them to be “tika taka quicker wicker turner burner” than my team because it’s Barca Warca (ok i’ll stop now :P )

You secret Spurs fan ;)

Oh man, this game is so much worse than FIFA 18. Player switching is a total mess, you pass the ball to a player, he ignores it and another one who is 20 metres away comes to take the ball, responsivness also, you press shoot and the player just runs with the ball into the def without even attempting to shoot, so does the new funny ball bounces, where you take the ball from the attacker three times and it always comes back to him. Also supercancel is still not working. This is becoming more frustrating than entertaining. In FIFA 18, I always knew, that if Im defending properly, i probably wont get scored. In 19 i know that i can do my best but because the things i mentioned a still get scored because the game just wants it.
Its still an awesome game, but 18 was just better, more fair and skill based.

Can't really say I agree with any of that. Those issues you mention were all present in 18, and defending if anything is easier this year (which is one of the biggest complaints from the online multiplayer community).

Is it? Maybe single player it's okay but it's kinda a disaster online and one of the main reasons no one wants to risk manual defending.
It was a joke...

114375934.jpg

#ripqueen

Back
Top Bottom