Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
this ping pong and immediatelly shoot becomes really annoying. all teams play that way, no versatility here. I play on proffesional and it's very evident, on higher levels even more...

I've had some crazy midfield battles and low scoring full 20min games. No easy goals here. Defending, cutting off pass lanes works. I can defend corners now too. Using dynamic camera has made it possible.

Lovely:D
tumblr_o64a46p4gg1sqf5tdo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Weird. It definitely looks like a football going around the pitch on my display.

The ball is stuck to the grass, it runs in straight lines more often than not... the elevation isnt natural.

Its just shit basically. I see why children like it because its presented like a TV show.

The ball is stuck to the grass, it runs in straight lines more often than not... the elevation isnt natural.

Its just shit basically. I see why children like it because its presented like a TV show.

Conversely, PES 2019 is shit because its presented like poo.

I think i have been quite fortunate so far in my Career.

Prof
FUMA
Slightly adjusted sliders
Playing as Southend

Each game is playing differently so far.
Not getting as many first time shots as before the latest patch.
An extra bonus after 5 games, i checked the EPL table.

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Everton
4. Chelsea
5. Burnley
6. Man Utd
7. Tottenham
8. Arsenal

Both Liverpool and Man City on the same points but Liverpool are yet to concede.

I also checked Spanish league.

1. Barcelona
2. Real Madrid

I didnt check any others though.

I played Stoke in the cup and they played a full strength team and hammered me.

So for me the career is playing very well. Maybe because i only play 2 games a day and it is enough for me not to see any problems. I would still like more fouls but other than that it plays great.

You are right, its presentation is shit.

But it plays nice :)

i'm sure it does but when there are folks criticising FIFA and at the same time praising PES they are indirectly killing off the future of PES.

its like saying "I don't care about presentation as long as PES gameplay is there". why then should konami care to improve their game.

At this rate PES 2020 will be....slightly improved gameplay; same MyClub format; same lag issues; in-game stressball preorder bonus......when really it should have been "we made so much profit from PES 19 that we are now investing heavily in our servers; innovative game modes; full league licensing; high quality presentation".

i'm sure it does but when there are folks criticising FIFA and at the same time praising PES they are indirectly killing off the future of PES.

its like saying "I don't care about presentation as long as PES gameplay is there". why then should konami care to improve their game.

At this rate PES 2020 will be....slightly improved gameplay; same MyClub format; same lag issues; in-game stressball preorder bonus......when really it should have been "we made so much profit from PES 19 that we are now investing heavily in our servers; innovative game modes; full league licensing; high quality presentation".

I cannot agree more :TU:

I wouldn't call it shit but yeah, ball physics for me was one of the toughest things to get used to after playing so much PES before FIFA's release. However, it's also one of those things that after a while I think you can get used to and with the exception of some of the rebound/deflection physics, ball physics isn't much an issue for me.

I think overall FIFA's ball physics are better than in the other game. The other game looks better travelling across the turf, but not much better. It still has a bowling ball look to it. Other than that, I think there's a lot more variety to FIFA's ball physics. The way it moves around, bounces off of players, spins, and is a major reason why there's so much more variety to FIFA's goals than in PES. PES does "feel" better though, for some reason. FIFA feels good enough, for now.

You are right, its presentation is shit.

But it plays nice :)

Depends. Playing against the current AI, I would say it plays like utter shit.

I think overall FIFA's ball physics are better than in the other game. The other game looks better travelling across the turf, but not much better. It still has a bowling ball look to it. Other than that, I think there's a lot more variety to FIFA's ball physics. The way it moves around, bounces off of players, spins, and is a major reason why there's so much more variety to FIFA's goals than in PES. PES does "feel" better though, for some reason. FIFA feels good enough, for now.

I would say that PES has the basic physics nailed and FIFA definitely does not. But I agree that FIFA has far more to its physics in that far more can happen. PES is very good a doing not very much.

today I had a really really bad game that just reminded me of PES (when you feel the result of the game way before it ends).

i won a pen and AI defender got sent off.

missed the pen and despite being a man up all i got was ping pong 100% success passes from AI with pressure with deliberate misses to push the game to 0-0 and then i lost on pens.

i'm not too worried though - it was this feeling that pushed me off PES addiction; and this could be good to get me off my current FIFA habits.

I started a career with New England in the MLS, just for a change. Anyone know if the European leagues play alongside and can I be transferred to one of those clubs? Bored of this league already

im finding playing a career mode as a player much more enjoyable, you can still play as a team and see many more leagues and competitions, im still in my first season but ive already played half an argentine season then left in january for porto to start my european adventure, will probably leave porto in the summer and go to one of the big leagues

Guys what difficulty do you suggest for someone (me :)) ) who is brand new to semi/manual controls?

Is it better to go full manual from the off or practice with semi first?

What about shooting etc? Semi or manual?

I find it all so daunting. I am desperate to enjoy the career mode on this but hate the AI on Ultimate and it’s too easy with assisted controls.

So please help a fellow Fifa brother...post your difficulty settings and control setups and I will try them all!

:)

Guys what difficulty do you suggest for someone (me :)) ) who is brand new to semi/manual controls?

I find it all so daunting. I am desperate to enjoy the career mode on this but hate the AI on Ultimate and it’s too easy with assisted controls.

So please help a fellow Fifa brother...post your difficulty settings and control setups and I will try them all!

Man, if you played on Ultimate then we have nuttin to talk about. I was playing World Class and struggling, haha.
Im planning on going semi assisted all and Professional level on new career tomorrow (lower league, obvs).
If, somehow, its too easy, ill go WC again. But defo not going full manual. Its too weird on Fifa.

Hello fifa Friend.
You can play on Pro, it's perfect and speed on slow to have a good control le tour players.
It was a mix of manuel and semi control
I have post my seetings, I will repost soon
I have recorded a ton of videos of 5 minutes on my Xbox one X.
This is one of my favorite :
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/b6b567b4-7d4a-4af5-b8b0-d5aaa199c099

And this one :
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/26c073e0-b8f9-48f1-aec0-3802ac3b95ba

Last edited:
Started a new career mode with Newport Town (I saw them at Wembley when they beat Wrexham to earn promotion from the Conference a few years back, and was just touched by their lovely supporters), full manual, professional. It's tough as hell. That is to say, defending is easy, but scoring goals is just ... harder than with the default ML players in PES. Manual shooting sure is frustrating, but equally fun when they go in. In 9 league matches, I've scored 6 and conceded 6 goals, currently 11th in the table - fluffing 90% of my chances, haha.

I absolutely love it. Haven't bought a single player. Putting all my money in the academy, looking to bring through youth. Haven't been this immersed in a football game for years. :)

Depends on your patience and skill level.

My experience is that FUMA 3 weeks in is CRAP but I can't tell yet whether its because I am crap or the game is.
Some guys have posted manual vids which makes me think its me.

I play amateur/semipro.

PES took a few months to learn manual but this was when I thought MyClub was going to be some serious globally competitive game.

I don't have that drive with FIFA.

I think semi would be more enjoyable. But I just play manual out of habit.

Thank you for your replies...

When you say semi assisted on all, what about the options where we can only choose between manual or assisted [I think ‘through ball’ only offers these two choices?]

@Daisuk

I love the sound of that might do something similar myself in the future. Does the CPU attack much though in the low difficulties? This is my biggest concern.

@Mikhail i am playing...

Professional
10 mins
Normal Speed
Default Sliders apart from
Injury Freq 60/60
First Touch error 60/60
Power Bar 70
On FUMA but maybe try with sem passing and manual shooting first before going full manual.

Yes for me the CPU still scores a lot of goals. We (Southend) have the worst defence in EFL League 1. But it probably because i am pants.

Thank you for your replies...

When you say semi assisted on all, what about the options where we can only choose between manual or assisted [I think ‘through ball’ only offers these two choices?]

@Daisuk

I love the sound of that might do something similar myself in the future. Does the CPU attack much though in the low difficulties? This is my biggest concern.

They do attack, but not very aggressively, unless they're a goal down. I think I'm going to try to play a more offensive tactic to hopefully score a bit more and possibly concede a bit more as well. My players are so terrible though, hah, no ball control or shooting ability.

I've also upped injury Freq and severity, but default sliders apart from that.

Also, try manual through balls, as assisted through balls is probably the most overpowered feature of the game. Take that out and it's more difficult and feels more balanced right away.

Thanks again my Fifa brothers.

So to confirm:

PRO difficulty

Everything semi unless you can’t choose it so manual? [still unsure on this]

Slow?

So to confirm:

PRO difficulty

Slow?

Just mess about with the different options. There isn't a right or wrong answer. Some swear by slow speed but I just can't do it.

So to confirm:

PRO difficulty

Slow?

I personally prefer normal speed. Slow speed feels a bit sluggish to me, more unresponsive. Normal feels more like the real speed of football to me, but all a matter of personal preference. :)

I personally prefer normal speed. Slow speed feels a bit sluggish to me, more unresponsive. Normal feels more like the real speed of football to me, but all a matter of personal preference. :)
For me always Slow. Skill moves are too easy to perform and too fast on normal speed. Throw few ping pong passes from AI on normal speed on top of that and Im walking out. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom