FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

I know that of course but it doesn't work the game starts on window mode even if I chick full screen box
Go to Docs/FIFA and edit the fifasetup file, change to FULLSCREEN = 1. You might need to manually adjust the resolution as well, some problems occur because of resolution differences between the game (or laptop) and monitor.

Last edited:
some question:
-can i subscribe to origin access right now?
-it's easy to cancel the subscription in the next days when i finish 10 hrs?
-i can't play today..can i use 10 hrs tomorrow for example?

Go to Docs/FIFA and edit the fifasetup file, change to FULLSCREEN = 1. You might need to manually adjust the resolution as well, some problems occur because of resolution differences between the game (or laptop) and monitor.
thanks my friend I opened fifasetup file but I found it is on the correct value FULLSCREEN = 1
I think it is a common problem with some PC as I found in EA forum , so I am not alone

I think it is a common problem with some PC as I found in EA forum , so I am not alone
Hmmm... so what about this: I have FIFA 15 and 16 set to FULLSCREEN and they do in fact open in fullscreen. However, if I click the mouse or hit a button on my controller while the game is opening up, it opens in windowed mode. So I make sure I don't touch anything immediately after I click "Play," to ensure it opens in fullscreen.

Also, my Logitec keyboard has a button on it - F3 on my keyboard - that changes my game from fullscreen to windowed. If for any reason the game unintentionally shifts to windowed mode, I just hit F3 and it goes back to fullscreen. Button icon looks like a double screen.

Last edited:
Downloaded 7 GB, got an error, tried again and the client crashed. This is all par for the course with Origin.

no 3d grass on demo. flat ugly pitch ! on ultra. any solution?

Even when you zoom in on a replay? Sounds like your card is being auto-detected as low quality or something.

Downloaded 7 GB, got an error, tried again and the client crashed. This is all par for the course with Origin.

Was flawless for me this morning at about 30MB/s downloaded it all in no time without any errors/crashes.

Even when you zoom in on a replay? Sounds like your card is being auto-detected as low quality or something.

Was flawless for me this morning at about 30MB/s downloaded it all in no time without any errors/crashes.

I always seem to run into issues with Origin. Oh well, I was getting a nice 22MB/s so it'll be done in no time.

no 3d grass on demo. flat ugly pitch ! on ultra. any solution?

yeah me too and a lot of people have this problem .. and no the card not auto-detected as low quality because other graphics in the game is fine like players faces, actually i tried to play on low and i saw the different between low and ultra and there's a big difference but the only bug is the grass so its demo bug as usual from EA !!

Any good slider settings? Will do the origin access just to play a quick career mode for a season. Will then wait for Ariel to come out with his MW mod to buy fully.

Any good slider settings? Will do the origin access just to play a quick career mode for a season. Will then wait for Ariel to come out with his MW mod to buy fully.

Have explored a little bit today, but not much. Here are my thoughts that I had posted from the OS sliders thread:

Snuck in some early testing this morning, a couple of thoughts.

World Class only so far.

Similar to FIFA 16:

- Sprint Speed determines the twitchy/speedy animations.
- Acceleration lowered results in bursting.
- Acceleration lowered too far results in stamina gauge remaining filled.
- Lowering Pass Speed reduces drilled pass effectiveness, but does not mean CPU won't use it.
- Increase in Shot Error means more shot variety/quality, distances, etc.​

Possible difference from FIFA 16:

- Lowering Marking actually seems to make CPU more aggressive in tackles.
- Lowering Marking does not mean automatic burst.​

Very brief video with the following settings:

Sprint 1/1 - Just testing thresholds here, seeing how far it can go.

Acceleration 48/48 - Tested 40/40, 45/45 and 47/47, all bursting, but did not test with the lower marking at the time, or the super low Sprint Speed.

Pass Speed 40/40 - Still the same with pass speeds able to reach 40-60 when drilled. Air Balls look much better, less loopy, except for set pieces, at times.

GK 40/40 - Too many two-handed saves, was interested to see if this does anything.

Marking 40/40 - Interested to see if it carries over from 16, seems to be, and does not seem to hurt the shape. I do see the outside backs tuck in a bit much, but not sure if that is relative to marking.

RF 30/30 - Seems to be a bit more contained. May bump it back up to 50 to see how the above works with that combo.

**Early days, so this is by no means a set, or is even necessary for others to test, as it is simply a "raw" test - that could change by the next post.

I highly suggest using the default sliders before doing any adjusting.**

I know we can just use Shadow Play, or numerous other capture applications, but we still can't save our replays on the PC? Pain in the ass. It certainly runs better than the demo. I never had a problem with 16, but the 17 demo had some stutter. The full version is silky smooth so far.

Last edited:
On PC do mods come out that enable us to change the camera? Or at least get the camera sliders to work. Really want to be able to zoom the dynamic camera out a bit.

On PC do mods come out that enable us to change the camera? Or at least get the camera sliders to work. Really want to be able to zoom the dynamic camera out a bit.

In the past yes, this year it's up in the air what can be done as people are having to learn the new engine which stores the files in different ways.

yeah me too and a lot of people have this problem .. and no the card not auto-detected as low quality because other graphics in the game is fine like players faces, actually i tried to play on low and i saw the different between low and ultra and there's a big difference but the only bug is the grass so its demo bug as usual from EA !!
yes only grass problem. when zoom in too !! everything is fine except that !

CD Keys price is creeping up so I'm wondering if I go for it or try and get it elsewhere? I swear I got FIFA 14 for like £25 from Brazil when it was released. I then became Mexican so that I could play it early.

CD Keys price is creeping up so I'm wondering if I go for it or try and get it elsewhere? I swear I got FIFA 14 for like £25 from Brazil when it was released. I then became Mexican so that I could play it early.

I tried buying it via VPN but the new Origin app/website seems to not work with VPN anymore, or at least PureVPN was blocked, it would always fail when I tried to confirm the paypal payment or sometimes even before I could add the item to the cart. I did manage to get Origin Access via Russia using this one I think: http://hide-my-ip.org/ so might be worth trying that first, they do a free trial.

17's still way too easy to dribble through the midfield and play passes between the lines, versus the AI at least. Not saying it makes the AI easy to beat, but it kills the fun for me. You can change the sliders, teams, tactics, gameplay patches and so on, and it won't make the slightest bit of difference. It's something EA just haven't bothered to identify and fix.

Probably will end up just still playing PES 2011/WE9, not perfect games by any means but at least they represent the difficulty and flow of football pretty well. Unlike this arcade crap.

Last edited:
Whenever I have bought stuff from Origin I have always used the website and never the actual app..

You activate the VPN then buy the game and disable the VPN to click PAY NOW

I tried buying it via VPN but the new Origin app/website seems to not work with VPN anymore, or at least PureVPN was blocked, it would always fail when I tried to confirm the paypal payment or sometimes even before I could add the item to the cart. I did manage to get Origin Access via Russia using this one I think: http://hide-my-ip.org/ so might be worth trying that first, they do a free trial.

I went for CDKeys and I already had Origin Access. Hopefully I can use VPN to play the game on North American release providing my trial has run out and my cd key has arrived by then. In fact, I don't think i've ever pre-ordered from CDKeys before so I don't know how on the ball they are.

Pass Speed 40/40 - Still the same with pass speeds able to reach 40-60 when drilled. Air Balls look much better, less loopy, except for set pieces, at times.
Just to say with this and some other sliders... it really does depend on which league you play. I'm playing the Aussie league where player ratings are much lower (but in many cases shouldn't be, a whole other discussion). You have to raise the shot power slider to see realistic shot and pass speeds.

Back
Top Bottom