FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

This is PURE FU***KING GENIUS!!!!!

Half time report: This plays BRILLIANTLY. Fouls coming very, very frequently. Great free kick opportunities. I can't believe it! :o

One thing to change in sliders: Sprint 61-60 is better setting as 51-50 makes the gamespeed too slow.

Full time stats. On top of these fouls nice amount of cards and at least four advantages per team.

TcTF7zO.jpg

Plays excellent.

However the game got probably a bit easier when the game speed is toned down and when you have the sprint and acceleration advantage.

Glad you see the improvements :))

61-60 is too high I think, maybe 56-55.

:THINK: Still, I don't think 1 point in speed over the CPU is giving you such an advantage. I too found it easier to dribble past the defenders (even though the defensive line looked more compact), but as you can see I was outshot and lost 2-0

About the negative impressions from my game I listed in my previous post: did you see those things too?

I'll play another test game soon. Yes corner kicks are given short by the CPU. It might be a good idea to improve the defense aggression. Put that in and I will test it.

If you increase the pass error it might increase those totally idiotic passes by the defenders which result to easy scoring opportunities. I don't know.

Will look into the corners and passive defense for sure

As far as I can remember though, I haven't seen any idiotic passes :THINK:

Can you up CPU Pass Error to 75 and see if there are more negatives than positives? :))

Mate I did three games.. and feels really brilliant so far. Rythm, contrasts, cpu build up and variety.. all so damn on point..

Had a lot of collisions and a decent number of fouls even with acc. sliders at 51-51 so far.. the game felt so alive in physical duels and randomness..

My only concern with your way is this, however: doesn't reducing acceleration and speed attributes in this fashion risk to flatten player's individuality?

It plays very well. The only question mark is that the defense might be too easy to penetrate now. I'll play another game as soon as your new settings are ready.

The defense should be a bit more active in preventing you from scoring, yes

Currently doing a lot of tweaks/fixes; when I feel it can work, I'll try it myself first. When I feel it's acceptable, I'll share it for you guys to test it

Cheers :))

A quick heads up before hitting the sack: I'm not dead ;)

I guess I don't dislike what I'm seeing so far. Sure, there are still a few corrections to do, and maybe even tweak some other things, for example raising the Dribbling attribute while lowering the Short/Long Pass ones to try to decrease the CPU's pass-pass-pass attitude -- as Papinho suggested when we started this (I didn't forget :))))

Saludos :))

PS: Short corners are no more (they still happen, rarely), and I think I managed to make the defense more aggressive. I hope. I fear El Pajaro's harsh judgment :ANX::P

Haha no fear... the only thing that got screwed was when you tried MY global player aggression increase.

What setting was the cause for short corners?

:D Was it you who proposed it, though? You just gave me a suggestion, but you didn't know what would happen.
I was planning on do it anyway, so... ;)

The cause for short corners is the Build Up Passing in Team Tactics. Anything lower than 42, and you'll see short corners, FKs, goal kicks, everything.
It's an EA bug, actually -- we will see how it works in conjunction with Papinho's suggestion. Damn EA :P

Yes the short corner thing is team tactic related (low Build Up passing). Those teams tend to use the short CK but they will also vary their approach if it doesn't work for them.

• Sprint Speed and Acceleration (the players' attributes, not the sliders) globally reduced by 70%, for GKs too. Same reasons as for Agility

Agility globally reduced by 75%, but only for field players. Maybe I should do the same for the GKs, but maybe it affects their saving ability. This should also make for a smoother gameplay, not just for fouls

Off-topic and I know it's nothing really new, but I've applied these exact changes to PES6 and it plays surprisingly well :)

@papinho81: For the time being I'm using 42 as the cutoff value. It's true that the lower the value, the more varied their attacking approach is, but the CPU always took short set pieces, even goal kicks, which I found more annoying unfortunately -- again, damn EA.

@Tinker: Not really off-topic, I'd say that's the universal tweak for any football game :))

Not sure what you're doing Ciais but I wish you the best. When playing Fifa 19, I really miss the fluidity of fifa 16 and being able to beat a player with just dribbling. I can't do that on 19, maybe I'm just shit at it

Thank you :))

I'm trying to... "amalgamate" all gameplay tweaks that I feel are essential (more fouls, less arcadey pace, less ping-pong passing, more play variety...)

It's not easy, and it may be a mixup of garbage in the end -- although I hope not

Hello people,
I'm in the final testing phase of the next version for you to try :))

Since I want to explain in detail what I did and why, I think I'll post it tomorrow morning, as I'm feeling kinda tired and may f**k something up (please don't hate on me, ha :PP)

I like what I'm seeing so far, but as I told you, I suck at seeing things -- that's why I need your input :D

Cheers :))

A little preview of what's to come, latest test match I played:
KbuzK3F.png

My team running out of gas at the end of the match

YXyVejw.png

Many CPU shots from outside the box, also due to a very tight and low defensive line. Also, passing % is lower than it was before (at least for me -- yeah, I suck)

See ya tomorrow :))

Hey there,

sorry for the delay, I'm trying to find the right balance between dribbling and passing (FWs rarely pass and tend to needlessly dribble while looking for the perfect shot, DEFs tend to ping-pong pass...)

Hang in there :))

:D

The dribbling/short passing formula has officially killed me. It's so convoluted I'm almost sure I f**ed up somewhere. I had memories of the Boxscore Generator from NHL 2004 (El Pajaro knows what I'm talking about) :DRUNK:

Playing a final test game, then I will upload it :TU:

Back
Top Bottom