FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

So I played the game some more between yesterday and the day before.

I certainly had more fouls (the low balance works pretty well, it is true even for more recent iterations) and more collisions in general. I, as Ciais, had almost no handballs (using Fideco's sliders too).

For the gameplay itself; it seems I generally can do much better against small teams than very good ones, but I'm still losing possession battle even when the differences are super big (like, Bayern Munich-2nd division english team :D). It's like in some phases of the game they are surgical with passing, crossing and so on, in others they fail as much as their attributes would suggest. Mmh. Of course I need more playtime. I'm sure the cl.ini is also influencing the outcome by very much.

Anyway, still very good impressions!

Thanks for your input, Madmac79 :))

Ok, try putting CPU Pass Error at 65. One other thing that I want to do, as suggested by fideco and pedrito79 at everyeye.it, is to assign the Long Ball tactic to weak teams (under a certain rating, with specific tactic sliders, or both) -- this with the Gameplayzer, unless fifaCCitiu has already done it in some way.

This way, the CPU will use more long balls instead of constantly passing the ball (especially realistic if the team isn't really good with their passing), hopefully reducing their passing %.

This line in the cl.ini should also help, but not too much (probably 25% more long balls):
FORCE_OBJECTIVE_FORCEDLONGPASSUP = 1

Cheers :))

Oh, another thing: you mentioned that the CPU changes mentality during different phases of the game.

That is correct. There is a Match Intensity table in the DB, that tells the CPU what to do according to the result and match time:
nmjkno.jpg

First column is the score difference. 0 the game is tied, 2 you're winning by 2 goals, -1 you're losing by 1, you get the idea.
The next columns tell the CPU how aggressive they become if said score difference happens during the first 15 minutes, between the 15th and the 30th, then the 30th and 45th, and so on.
When the value is -1, they are defensive, and as it increases, so does their aggression. Look at ScoreDiff 0, at Time75 (between 60' and 75') -- the CPU aggression is at 3. They will pressure like maniacs all over the place.

This is another thing I would like to edit maybe more realistically, with Gameplayzer.

I think the CPU pressure in FIFA 16 (or "comeback logic") is quite balanced. We could tone it down a little bit more but it doesn't need tons of tweaking.

But yes... there are elements that you notice when you're leading... and suddenly the CPU gets a bit crazy. But it has never been bothering me on FIFA 16. This is outrageous in new PES games... you KNOW when the CPU gets the last minute corner and they're going to score no matter what. It just happens _every time_ and you can't defend your lead properly.

We could tone it down a little bit more but it doesn't need tons of tweaking.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. No need to be too extreme. It still needs some tweaking, so they don't pressure you excessively sometimes, and at odd times -- like, when they're winning. Doesn't make sense, right? :P

Another stuff in the DB that controls that is Team Mentality (defensive, normal, overly aggressive...). But I don't want to give you an overdose of information right now. Just remind me: Ciais, remember Team Mentality! We can force the CPU to use it with cl.ini

There is a debate on the net about what the matchitensity table of the DB stands for. Some think it governs the game momentum others the crowd noise (the argument being where the table is located, it is surrounded by attendance tables and audistadium tables). Anyway it doesn't cost much editing this table which I did for myself.

Also, to decrease the cpu come back mentality/engine, they are lines in the product.ini which govern the "adaptive difficulty". Again it is not clear wheter those lines actually govern the come back mentality or the automatic switch of difficulty for the user if the the option is set to on (not sure where you can activate that inside the game though). Again it doesn't cost much to edit those lines and to deactivate the adaptive difficulty.

You can find my cl.ini (with minor edits), my product.ini (with adaptive difficulty deactivated) and my match intensity table (all filled with 0, you can use DB Master to replace the one inside your DB with mine), here:

Interesting. So you can confirm that the matchintensity table doesn't really work?

Your lines in cl.ini are spot on:
AI_USE_MORALE_EFFECTS=0 --> I think you should put it at 1, but it only works in Career. And I believe you're missing an E here ;))
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 0 --> This should disable at least some of the ridiculous boosts the CPU gets in World Class/Legendary
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0 --> I would put it at 1, so teams use their predefined mentality set in the DB (defensive, offensive...)

I'm also positive you can disable adaptive difficulty in cl.ini too, like this:
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

There are also other lines in cl.ini that prevents the CPU from reading your controller inputs in advance, cheating.

You're welcome, my friend. I believe those suggestions don't affect CPU boosted aggression, just the way they play :))

Good question, I know you can edit it in Creation Master:
2edzkn9.jpg

The values are:
  • Very Defensive
  • Defensive
  • Neutral
  • Offensive
  • Very Offensive
The usual Fideco suggests eliminating Very Offensive for sure, as it's ridiculously aggressive, but he also says that standard Offensive is unbalanced, and should be axed too, claiming that even a team with a Defensive mentality, with the FORCE_... cl.ini strings you suggested, should be realistically aggressive too.
We will need to look at this when we tackle this part of the gameplay, I wouldn't want to reduce the CPU aggression way too much.

So, CM16 names this Offensive Rating, which in the DB should be in the Formations table, Offensiverating column, just found it :))

This only tells the offensive rating of the formation used by the cpu. So if a team is loosing but using an offensive formation (ie a 433) by the last part of the match they will switch to a very offensive formation (ie:4-2-4). It has nothing to do with actual mentality of the team I think.

Ah, I see. In that case, I stand corrected :DD

Still, Fideco is very sure of his claims about both the Match Intensity table and the Offensive Rating/Team Mentality, so maybe they do have some kind of effect on aggression/mentality

Gameplayzer database now installed. Next I'll adjust the sliders to match 1.01. Tonight I will start another Copa America tournament with all these adjustments applied and report every game and share my impressions.

Can't wait to play this.

Ah, I see. In that case, I stand corrected :DD

Still, Fideco is very sure of his claims about both the Match Intensity table and the Offensive Rating/Team Mentality, so maybe they do have some kind of effect on aggression/mentality

I guess he tested it extensively which I don't, so he is probably right. For the matchintensity table I don't know if it actually has an effect but just in case I prefer having it filled with 0.

@El Pajaro: Excellent, my friend. And enjoy your Copa America too! :GSCARF:

@papinho81: As you said earlier, the only way to be 100% sure is to edit those values and test. Which we will surely do in time :))

Oh, before I forgot, here are the strings that prevent the CPU reading your controller inputs in advance and cheating by moving their players almost before you press the button:
MovementPrediction=0
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0

As far as I know, Fidel found out about them.

Cheers mates, you are a great supporting team :))

@El Pajaro: is there a gameplayzer16.log in your Gameplayzer folder?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gameplayzer16.pyw", line 139, in saveDB
File "gameplayzer16.pyw", line 170, in mains
File "gameplayzer16.pyw", line 2082, in applylocalization
File "locale.pyc", line 310, in atof
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa0 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Maybe I don't have something installed... like Visual Basic, etc? I have just recently installed Windows 10 again.

Hold on, I'm trying to find out what it is. This doesn't look like something DB-related, since it says it's about Unicode and ASCII, it should be universal and everyone should have it

Just give me a few minutes

PS: Could it be because you extracted it in a folder with the ä character, kräkki?

Same issue after installing it to another folder without weird (scandinavian) characters.

Does this need NET.framework? I don't have that installed.

I'm almost positive the problem is your locale (fi_FI), which uses Scandinavian characters.

Can I ask you the full path of where you extracted it now? And the new error log?

Last edited:
No scandinavian characters anywhere in the path, I use English W10. Only thing FI is my keyboard settings for those characters ÄÖÅ

Path: E:\FIFA 16 ALL IN ONE MOD\FIFA 16 - DB Gameplayzer

FIFA 16 is installed to \Program Files\Origin Games\FIFA 16

Same error log.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gameplayzer16.pyw", line 139, in saveDB
File "gameplayzer16.pyw", line 170, in mains
File "gameplayzer16.pyw", line 2082, in applylocalization
File "locale.pyc", line 310, in atof
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa0 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Then as of now I have no idea what it could be

So I'm afraid to say that this gameplay project is indefinitely suspended until I solve (I hope) this issue :((

No, the written file is just the same as the original one, the program crashed before reimporting the tweaked values in it

Yes, I can do that, but the problem remains. I doubt you'll be the only one having it

I know what the problem is -- I just can't manage to solve it.

Oh, I haven't given up though. I'm going to fix this problem :SAL:

I'm gonna ask fifaCCitiu, I'm gonna keep searching on the net, and I don't want that to stop you from posting about the gameplay

Gameplayzer toned down the game speed. It was perfect.

OperationSports sliders didn't work very well with it so I changed to your slider suggestions.

Could be a coincidence but I got dramatically less fouls. Just 2-3 (5 total) and 2 cards this time. It could have been the first group stage match that didn't create such intensity, who knows. Is there a roster attribute like aggression that could be inreased like on PES 2017?

I'll play the second group stage match now.

Back
Top Bottom