FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Alright, here are the statistics of this test match I played.
The settings were Legendary, 15 minutes, Slow:
qaQJj2K.png

Please ignore goals and shots, with all sliders at 50 all shots are on target, and players are a little frantic.
Instead, focus on the fouls: in v1.07, I can only have these fouls with sliders and a cl.ini gameplay patch.

But I'll leave the final confirmation to you:
https://mega.nz/#!zl9FCaBL!LkMFPVkR4pqilyCkttcX0qK8HvYMb1eJGHa4IYXBvB8

1. Backup your fifa16.exe and dbdata.dll, plus your FIFA 16 directory in My Documents (better be safe than sorry)
    Replace the 2 files in your main FIFA 16 directory
    Now, very important, make sure Origin.exe inside your Origin folder is blocked inside your firewall. Just to be safe, block fifa16.exe too
    Start the game

Since Origin can't connect to the internet, it will ask you to insert your password to log in offline (it will do this everytime you open a firewalled Origin)
    After the Launcher has appeared and you clicked Play, this window will appear:
    hrkPqxL.png

Simply insert your Origin ID and password. The game will "re-authenticate" offline, and then launch (one-time only)
    You're good to go
    Word of advice: the gameplay may probably feel "off" to you: this is probably due to you having sliders made for v1.07 that compensate deficiencies in that version that are very likely not present in v1.01
Please let me know if everything works for you, if you think I'm wrong and the gameplay is the same, don't hold back, ok? :))

Saludos!

Can't wait to try this. Wow! :o

Update:

Sometimes my firewall fails (:APPLAUD:), as it happened right now: I can still play, Origin doesn't force me to update or repair the game. I did just install the latest Beta client, so it could be it. It also could be temporary.

Just wanted to let you know

Alright, here are the statistics of this test match I played.
The settings were Legendary, 15 minutes, Slow:
qaQJj2K.png

Please ignore goals and shots, with all sliders at 50 all shots are on target, and players are a little frantic.
Instead, focus on the fouls: in v1.07, I can only have these fouls with sliders and a cl.ini gameplay patch.

But I'll leave the final confirmation to you:
https://mega.nz/#!zl9FCaBL!LkMFPVkR4pqilyCkttcX0qK8HvYMb1eJGHa4IYXBvB8

1. Backup your fifa16.exe and dbdata.dll, plus your FIFA 16 directory in My Documents (better be safe than sorry)
    Replace the 2 files in your main FIFA 16 directory
    Now, very important, make sure Origin.exe inside your Origin folder is blocked inside your firewall. Just to be safe, block fifa16.exe too
    Start the game

Since Origin can't connect to the internet, it will ask you to insert your password to log in offline (it will do this everytime you open a firewalled Origin)
    After the Launcher has appeared and you clicked Play, this window will appear:
    hrkPqxL.png

Simply insert your Origin ID and password. The game will "re-authenticate" offline, and then launch (one-time only)
    You're good to go
    Word of advice: the gameplay may probably feel "off" to you: this is probably due to you having sliders made for v1.07 that compensate deficiencies in that version that are very likely not present in v1.01
Please let me know if everything works for you, if you think I'm wrong and the gameplay is the same, don't hold back, ok? :))

Saludos!
Tried this before work (yes, I set an earlier alarm just to try this, I'm still a kid).

All worked for me - except for firewalling the EXEs. The Windows firewall is useless, it just lets things through - but I found that clicking "go offline" in Origin after getting the update prompt was enough to allow me to run the game. (Next time I'll disable the ethernet adapter, much easier!)

Gameplay-wise, it's definitely a better game all-round. Even on entirely default sliders, it plays brilliantly. My only issue was that, playing against a really poor side in a pre-season competition, they just love to keep hold of the ball and rarely miss a pass (which is why I liked applying the Supernova gameplay INI, but I feel like I can't apply that with the 1.01 EXE because the gameplay modifications will be targeting issues with the final EXE that didn't exist in the 1.01 version).

I'll experiment more tonight but without a doubt it's a better experience than I was having on the most recent version.

Thanks for your feedback! :))

Yes, the new EXE is just the foundation.

This is my "war plan".

According to AndreaPirlo21, I believe, and other modders, this is what controls the gameplay:
  • Database edits (player attributes, traits, styles, team mentalities, match intensity...): 70%
  • Sliders: 15%
  • Gameplay cl.ini: 15%

While waiting for your feedback, I'm already trying fifaCCitiu's (unfinished) Gameplayzer. I had to install Python to use it (he never released a final version) and download a random DB, but what it basically does is this:
Player individual styles:
The gameplayzer will analyze every attribute of the players, as well his physical stats and find the best playing styles suited to the player, and, according to this, rewrite and balance the attribute to have the players play accordly as his playing styles.

What will change with playing styles?
The teams will have an identity.
If you don't have a playmaker is difficult to create changes, as if you don't have a second striker your first striker will be separated from the rest of the team and so on, think about real football.

Little details to improve the game:
  • Now the program will stop if you try to gameplayze a gameplayzed db.
  • Removed high club identification trait so all transfers will be possible.
  • Adjusted work rates for every playing style, now more realistic. A playmaker doesn't make so much runs, instead a normal midfield who support both phases of the game make more runs.
  • Mental stats reworked. They are mid high for experienced players and mid low for less experienced players. They are not overall dependent as youth doesn't have the same mind as a veteran.
  • Adjusted the poor foot attributes, so the player use more the dominant foot and less the other. Some technical players can use the outside of foot instead the wrong foot and less skilled players use always the dominant foot.
  • Adjusted the skill moves, so an advanced midfield from a... Brazilian 2nd division can do some beautiful tricks because he can regardless form his overall.
  • Removed the arrows from tactics because if you do a substitution the arrow will remain. Work rates are important for offensive and defensive mind of the players.
  • Removed third and fourth preferred position.
  • Assigned traits judging the playing styles.
  • Lower league players aren't trash, they can be useful sometimes, because their physical stat depends in minimal parts from the overall (5%). The technical skill will make the difference as mental attributes (older player will have better mental attributes)
  • More aggression to the players, and less balance to have more fouls and contrast.
  • More shot power and long shot ability to see more goals from long distance, as well I've incremented diving and positioning for all the keepers to balance that.

NEW OVERALL SYSTEM
This new overall system simply enlarge the way the player are rated in order to make more difference from a top player to a good player to a lower division player.
Example:
Old range system:
Top players:90-99
Premier League top players:80-89
Premier League good players:75-79
Premier League bad players:70-74
Championships top players:60-69
New range system:
Top players:90-99
Premier League top players:80-89
Premier League good players:70-79
Premier League bad players:60-70
Championships top players:45-65

So, all it does is edit your DB (any patch) to improve the gameplay -- and as I said 70% of the work is done, in theory.
Now, I would like to add to it, or even modify some stuff entirely, because there are other things that were discovered like team mentalities, and how to assign different tactics to them according to their rating, etc.
The problem is, this is fifaCCitiu's work, and I fear he may not be interested or extremely jealous of his work.

Anyway, for now I'm just testing. When you guys are confident v1.01 is the right foundation for everything, we can start talking big :))

Ahah, I know, don't worry, mine was just a poor attempt at humor :D

Alrighty, here are the stats from this last test match.
Same settings as before, Legendary, 15 minutes, Slow, all sliders at 50, no cl.ini.
Only difference: I "gameplayzed" the DB with fifaCCitiu's tool.
b1iiUKz.png

As I was saying earlier, it needs sliders and cl.ini to counterbalance it (goals and shots are still ridiculously high), but...
Just. Look. At. The. Fouls.
I didn't look for them, or anything. They came with the flow, and didn't feel forced. Now the push and pull works too as it should. And I only had 1 handball.

PS: El Pajaro is gonna flip! :P

Crazy amount of fouls. I knew if someone can turn this game around it'll be you.

This guy made some insane mods to NHL 2004. And I mean _insane_.

Is it possible to "hack" the game somehow that it would bypass the online updating option?

:DD

Actually, it's all EA (v1.01 exe) and fifaCCitiu (his DB editing tool)... for now.

Huh, I'm afraid not, it's hardwired into Origin -- only way would be to either block Origin.exe in your firewall, or as Chris Davies suggested, put Origin in offline mode everytime.

Although, with my latest beta Origin client installed today, I didn't have any online updating option at all. :?

@Ciais I tried 1.01! Feels really solid. Fifa 16 truly never dies :D! Looking forward to see your next moves with the DB, if you can really reach that level of customization (player IDs, faithful team tactics..) chances are that you'd put togheter the best football sim ever. Gonna support this to death.

Fra l'altro siamo anche connazionali ;)!

p.s. wanna credit once more @Chuny 's GFX mod, which is why regardless I'll always periodically come back to this game.. best graphical mod for a sport title I've ever seen, by far.

I played a game with 1.01. 5 fouls each.

The game speed definitely got faster. Also when the players receive a pass players have much more difficulties handling the bouncing ball. We need new sliders for this exe for sure.

With this cl.ini

MODDINGWAY=MODDINGWAY1
FE_STADIUM_ID=341
STADIUM_DRESSING_OVERRIDE=1
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1
FE_STADIUM_LIGHT_TYPE_ID=3
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=1
USE_PRECISION_REF=1

But 3 penalties awarded to my team. All handballs. This is way overboard. :D

I'm sure there will be even more fouls in the tournament mode. This was an exhibition game.

Is there anything else should I add to the ini file?

@Madmac79: Thanks for your kind words! I use SweetFX too :))
PS: In effetti la foto di Angelone Peruzzi mi aveva insospettito, eheh

@El Pajaro: Easy there, buddy -- I know you wanna play right away, but we're just getting started, ahah! We're gonna get to the cl.ini and sliders eventually, one step at a time :))
As soon as I manage to compile fifaCCitiu's DB tool, I'm gonna post it -- but I think I'll contact fifaCCitiu first, it's his baby after all

Cool.

And by the way there's no need to put anything to Firewall. I simply put Origin offline and it didn't even try to update my game. I wonder if it was even necessary to put Origin offline as the game is years old. Maybe it doesn't even automatically update anything anymore?

Have you got a lot more handball penalties or is it just me? I was trailing the whole game and the ai let me even the game TWO TIMES with those handball pens. Those happened almost instantly after CPU scored. 1.07 doesn't seem to have any kind of unfair comeback logic for the CPU or player. Ball possession with boost on seems to be stronger on 1.01 too. I like that but damn there's a LOT of handballs. :)

Nope, only 1 handball. Had a penalty for an actual foul, though. Wouldn't call it unfair comeback logic, that would be jumping the gun :THINK:

I too noticed that on v1.01 the game is quicker -- but as soon as I "gameplayzed" the DB (still sliders at 50), the game slowed down.

Yeah it can be just one-time occurrence.

And definitely quicker for sure with the 1.07 sliders. Did you just reset all values to default? Where are those sliders stored so you can return them in case you want to go back to 1.07?

No no... I didn't mean that at all. But I want to save the 1.07 settings just in case we reveal something nasty later (that prevents us from playing 1.01).

You almost gave me a heart attack :P

Yes, it makes sense. As I told you earlier, the only way is backup your FIFA 16 folder in My Documents. This game encrypts all the save data (profile, saved careers, ...) in one big file, so you can't just replace your profile and keeping your saved games. It's all or nothing

Yes, of course they are. But as you can see, they're not a definitive solution -- I had a lot of fouls after I applied the DB edits. Having a strict referee doesn't hurt, though, plus there are many other foul-related strings to be tested and added, eventually ;))

Good news

fifaCCitiu gave me his blessing: I can share, edit and add edits to his DB tweaker tool (he's Italian too, btw). He also gave me some tips on how to convert the Python script to exe, so I can share it for you to try what he's done so far

Cheers :WASTED:

Back
Top Bottom