FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Good morning everyone!

Here's fifaCCitiu's FIFA 16 DB Gameplayzer version 2.0:
https://mega.nz/#!zpFC3CZK!dum7SAMZ89uYmQObMq_22AF91RsoqHMBv2rIHUlzb4E

1. Extract everything in a temporary folder of your choosing (your desktop, etc)
  2. Start gameplayzer16.exe. A window will pop up
  3. Click on Open matrix file and select matrix7.csv in the directory you extracted the Gameplayzer
  4. Click on Open database and select your fifa_ng_db.db inside FIFA 16\data\db
  5. Click on Save Database and give your Gameplayzed DB a new name (like new.db)
  6. A console window will appear and the Gameplayzer may look like it's frozen -- don't worry, it's normal, just let it work for a couple of minutes (there's a progress bar on the right side)
  7. When it's done, it will tell you, just click OK and you're done, you can close the tool
  8. Now replace your old fifa_ng_db.db with your new.db giving it of course the correct fifa_ng_db.db name (as you can see, it creates a backup, so no problems about that)
  9. In your game, go check if all players (except GKs) have Balance at 10 *. If they do, your DB has been correctly Gameplayzed :))
* Balance at 10 is not the only change being made, of course, but it's the quickest to check

PS: It's NOT save-game compatible, of course. You have to start a new tournament/career

Let me know your impressions

Cheers :))

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Here's fifaCCitiu's FIFA 16 DB Gameplayzer version 2.0:
https://mega.nz/#!zpFC3CZK!dum7SAMZ89uYmQObMq_22AF91RsoqHMBv2rIHUlzb4E

1. Extract everything in a temporary folder of your choosing (your desktop, etc)
    Start gameplayzer16.exe. A window will pop up

Click on Open matrix file and select matrix7.csv in the directory you extracted the Gameplayzer
    Click on Open database and select your fifa_ng_db.db inside FIFA 16\data\db
    Click on Save Database and give your Gameplayzed DB a new name (like new.db)
    A console window will appear and the Gameplayzer may look like it's frozen -- don't worry, it's normal, just let it work for a couple of minutes (there's a progress bar on the right side)
    When it's done, it will tell you, just click OK and you're done, you can close the tool
    Now replace your old fifa_ng_db.db with your new.db giving it of course the correct fifa_ng_db.db name (as you can see, it creates a backup, so no problems about that)
    In your game, go check if all players (except GKs) have Balance at 10 *. If they do, your DB has been correctly Gameplayzed :))
* Balance at 10 is not the only change being made, of course, but it's the quickest to check

PS: It's NOT save-game compatible, of course. You have to start a new tournament/career

Let me know your impressions

Cheers :))
I'd love some more information about this "Gameplayzer" but I'm struggling to find anything on Google (and a lot of it is in Italian)! Is there a summary of how it works and what it changes anywhere (and any videos of the gameplay changes)?

Hey Chris, I posted it some days ago, but I put it inside quotes so you may have overlooked it because of that :))

Player individual styles:
The gameplayzer will analyze every attribute of the players, as well his physical stats and find the best playing styles suited to the player, and, according to this, rewrite and balance the attribute to have the players play accordly as his playing styles.

What will change with playing styles?
The teams will have an identity.
If you don't have a playmaker is difficult to create changes, as if you don't have a second striker your first striker will be separated from the rest of the team and so on, think about real football.

Little details to improve the game:
  • Now the program will stop if you try to gameplayze a gameplayzed db.
  • Removed high club identification trait so all transfers will be possible.
  • Adjusted work rates for every playing style, now more realistic. A playmaker doesn't make so much runs, instead a normal midfield who support both phases of the game make more runs.
  • Mental stats reworked. They are mid high for experienced players and mid low for less experienced players. They are not overall dependent as youth doesn't have the same mind as a veteran.
  • Adjusted the poor foot attributes, so the player use more the dominant foot and less the other. Some technical players can use the outside of foot instead the wrong foot and less skilled players use always the dominant foot.
  • Adjusted the skill moves, so an advanced midfield from a... Brazilian 2nd division can do some beautiful tricks because he can regardless form his overall.
  • Removed the arrows from tactics because if you do a substitution the arrow will remain. Work rates are important for offensive and defensive mind of the players.
  • Removed third and fourth preferred position.
  • Assigned traits judging the playing styles.
  • Lower league players aren't trash, they can be useful sometimes, because their physical stat depends in minimal parts from the overall (5%). The technical skill will make the difference as mental attributes (older player will have better mental attributes)
  • More aggression to the players, and less balance to have more fouls and contrast.
  • More shot power and long shot ability to see more goals from long distance, as well I've incremented diving and positioning for all the keepers to balance that.

NEW OVERALL SYSTEM
This new overall system simply enlarge the way the player are rated in order to make more difference from a top player to a good player to a lower division player.
Example:
Old range system:
Top players:90-99
Premier League top players:80-89
Premier League good players:75-79
Premier League bad players:70-74
Championships top players:60-69
New range system:
Premier League good players:70-79
Premier League bad players:60-70
Championships top players:45-65

Hey Chris, I posted it some days ago, but I put it inside quotes so you may have overlooked it because of that :))

Player individual styles:
The gameplayzer will analyze every attribute of the players, as well his physical stats and find the best playing styles suited to the player, and, according to this, rewrite and balance the attribute to have the players play accordly as his playing styles.

What will change with playing styles?
The teams will have an identity.
If you don't have a playmaker is difficult to create changes, as if you don't have a second striker your first striker will be separated from the rest of the team and so on, think about real football.

Little details to improve the game:

• Now the program will stop if you try to gameplayze a gameplayzed db.
    Removed high club identification trait so all transfers will be possible.

Adjusted work rates for every playing style, now more realistic. A playmaker doesn't make so much runs, instead a normal midfield who support both phases of the game make more runs.
    Mental stats reworked. They are mid high for experienced players and mid low for less experienced players. They are not overall dependent as youth doesn't have the same mind as a veteran.
    Adjusted the poor foot attributes, so the player use more the dominant foot and less the other. Some technical players can use the outside of foot instead the wrong foot and less skilled players use always the dominant foot.
    Adjusted the skill moves, so an advanced midfield from a... Brazilian 2nd division can do some beautiful tricks because he can regardless form his overall.
    Removed the arrows from tactics because if you do a substitution the arrow will remain. Work rates are important for offensive and defensive mind of the players.
    Removed third and fourth preferred position.
    Assigned traits judging the playing styles.
    Lower league players aren't trash, they can be useful sometimes, because their physical stat depends in minimal parts from the overall (5%). The technical skill will make the difference as mental attributes (older player will have better mental attributes)
    More aggression to the players, and less balance to have more fouls and contrast.
    More shot power and long shot ability to see more goals from long distance, as well I've incremented diving and positioning for all the keepers to balance that.

NEW OVERALL SYSTEM
This new overall system simply enlarge the way the player are rated in order to make more difference from a top player to a good player to a lower division player.
Example:
Old range system:
Premier League good players:75-79
Premier League bad players:70-74
Championships top players:60-69
New range system:
Premier League good players:70-79
Premier League bad players:60-70
Championships top players:45-65
Thank you!

I like the sound of it in general, but I worry about a few things - especially making Championship players 45-65 OVR, that seems a little bit too far when you consider the likes of Vardy came from a lower-league team! I'd rather keep the "high club identification trait" too but I can see the logic in it.

That's why I chose to use this Gameplayzer.

It's a good base, and if something isn't to our tastes because we think it's not as realistic -- we can talk about it, and edit it. Many modders have released their tweaked DB, but it's just that, a complete file you just copy and paste.

Modifying fifaCCitiu's source code, we can compile this universal tool again so it doesn't reduce players overalls too much, for example, or add other edits.

:))

Guys, when it comes to edit team tactics I noticed that the Dribbling value (which can't be seen from the ingame editor, but can be edited from the database) has a strong impact on the tendency of cpu teams to string quick passes together. The higher this value, the more time cpu players will spend with the ball at their feet trying to dribble. On the other hand low dribbling values favour possession play and juego de position.

Additionally, according to Paulv2k4 (long time fifa gameplay editor still active) the following lines in the cl.in can decrease the tendency of cpu to pass the ball around at the back:

"the values below adjust AI build up and how the AI defends, so tread carefully." (Paulv2k4)

Here are the value putted in his last fifa 16 gameplay mod:
Code:
// These Values have a significant Affect on Gameplay
//FORCE_ANY                                   =   1.00
FORCE_INSIDE                               =   1.0
FORCE_OUTSIDE                               =   6.0
FORCE_FRONT                                   =   0.7
FORCE_BACK                                   =   0.4

Here is a link toward his drive with all his GP and Career mods just in case you want ot have a closer loo at it:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AEPlfWEP4SCDMss&id=F756F3C573604378!23498&cid=F756F3C573604378

I didn't test those lines myself, because I don't mind the cpu taking its time to reset its attack. What I know is the worst thing to do to try avoiding that, is pressing relentlessly the ball carrier in its last third. You better close passing angles and it will force them playing long balls.

Last edited:
Thanks pap! :))

Yes, I know those strings.

The first 1 (ANY) and the last 2 (FRONT, BACK) control how aggressive the CPU teams are while attacking.

FORCE_INSIDE and FORCE_OUTSIDE control the aggression while defending, in front of the box and on the wings respectively.

These values are surely important, we will need to find the right balance :))

Good question. Both sliders and gp are still up in the air -- I still haven't decided what to use as base, because it has to be wired to v1.01 and Gameplayzer.

But right now I'm tweaking some sliders made by fideco (another Italian modder, at everyeye.it), who made them specifically for v1.01 and fifaCCitiu's DB.

Ok, this is what we should be doing (I'm not a dictator! :SAL: It's just so it doesn't become too chaotic) :))

First, comes the base gameplay: and without a doubt, I'd argue that's v1.01.

Then, we should tweak the DB, which is "the big baddie", the majority of the gameplay can be tweaked there. fifaCCitiu's Gameplayzer already helps us a lot in that regard. I don't think (but please feel free to correct me) that we need to edit the DB tool greatly -- some minor tweaks, mainly?

Then come the sliders, which should... refine?, is that the right word, what we see/don't see/want to see in the gameplay after having tweaked the DB.

The cl.ini, in my opinion, should come last, of at least together when we're working on the sliders -- there are tons of strings which control a lot of stuff, so I feel we should face them in the right order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, speaking of sliders... I made a mixup of fideco's 1.01 Gameplayzed sliders with some tips and insight from Matt10 (Operation Sports). These may be the best sliders ever, or the worst you've ever seen (most likely :PP):

World Class/Legendary, Slow, 10-15 minutes
Sprint 51/51
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 55/55
Pass Error 55/64
Shot Speed 50/50
Pass Speed 45/45
Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 60/60
GK Ability 37/37
Marking 55/65
Run Freq. 1/1
Height 52/60
Length 50/53
Width 52/55
Fullbacks 25/15
First Touch 66/64
Power Bar 50

Take them with a grain of salt! They're in no way definitive, I just wanted to create some "default" set for us to work on. I'll try to explain what each slider does when you guys confirm to me (or not :)))) v1.01 + Gameplayzer is a good base.

Saludos :))

Excellent Ciais. I will test these tonight. Just came back from work.

PS: Sorry for not reading everything... what to do with the Gameplayzer? Or will you provide a file that has already been tweaked with it?

:TU:

Take your time. Please try them both with v1.01 and the Gameplayzer :))

Figuring out how to properly improve the gameplay is really, really complicated -- it's all interconnected (DB, sliders, cl.ini...), so I'm almost scared of all this, but I've got you guys covering my back :WORSHIP:

PS: I'm installing the latest Moddingway patch myself too, so I'm up-to-speed with pretty much everyone, should make testing easier for all

PS: Sorry for not reading everything... what to do with the Gameplayzer? Or will you provide a file that has already been tweaked with it?

No, the Gameplayzer tweaks any DB you already have (it's a tool that reads your DB and edits accordingly based on a matrix). It creates a backup of your pre-Gameplayzed DB, so no worries about that.

How can I help you about it? Maybe the steps I wrote on how to use it aren't very clear :))

Tried the modified db!

From this first impressions it seems like a great work. The game truly does have a different feel than vanilla.

I tried more than one CL, Matt's, and two of the above by Paul. Still long way to form strong opinions :) , however with Paul2k4 number 10, the above sliders of Fideco and six minutes for half, I just had a great Liverpool (me) Atletico Madrid, which felt like a proper Champions League match (except from the daylight :D).

Among the many, great action here of Costa, who really surprised me with this faint and passage to Griezmann, despite the final fail:

Thanks four your feedback! :))

Yes, we still have a long, long way to go -- as soon as I have more opinions from you guys, I'm gonna try and "decompile" fifaCCitiu's source code to figure out what he did, hopefully why, and what we can do ourselves to add/improve on that :SAL:

Third game of the Bundesliga 17/18 at Freiburg.

The home team has lost its first two games and is looking for its first point of the season.
We (Dortmund) are looking for a reaction after a home draw in the last game. An away win is required to stay on the top part of the table and to not let the Bundesliga Gargantua (FC Bayern) taking too much advance in a pretended title race.

During the two first game of the Bundesliga, Dortmund has been unable to score from open play, but managed to bring a total of four points thanks to two penalty kick scored by Reus. Poor connections in attacks and a lot of wasted possession because of an attacking strategy relying too much on long ball has forced the coach to adjust its team formation. Gotze has been pushed upper pitch and occupy now CAM position while Dahou has been pushed a bit lower to help Weigl doing the dirty job.

This wet afternoon in the black forest region have seen the Dortmund side dominating the game in terms of possession and good chances, clearly showing improvements in its offensive game. But the home side, pushed by the hypnotic chant of their fan, has managed to avoid conceding a goal until the middle of the second half. In great part thanks to their goal keeper (min 13:30 of the video, min 29, min 30) and a lack of composure of Dortmund attackers (min 5, min 10:30, min 16:30). The home team managed to bite a few time on the counter, but Burki made vital saves (min 10, min 36) or was lucky (min 18:30, min 28). Dortmund finally managed to score from a Gotze header after a corner kick (again a set piece!, min 30).
While the Dortmund coach thought his team will go back home with an ideal result to prepare the coming champions league fixture against Nicosia, Freiburg managed to score with a shot from outside the box by Petersen, deflected by Sokratis leg which lobbed Burki (min 38), just before stoppage time. Nothing happened after that… Freiburg could celebrate their first point this season, while Dortmund players where already playing back the game in their head and wandering how they could have let go the victory.

Improvements were clear in Dortmund attack, but the lack of confidence in front of the goal is already a bit alarming. How long shall Dortmund wait before scoring from open play?

With a capital first champions league fixture coming in the middle of the following week, against Nicosia the weaker side of the strong group H, counting the winner of the last two editions and a rising Tottenham, Dortmund coach has to quickly come with an answer to its team scoring difficulties.

Half time summary is at min 20 of the video (several replays are obscured by stadium textures), full time summary at min 41 and summary tables at min 44.

EDIT: Sorry about the quality. I don't know why youtube didn't upload the video in 720p 60 fps like it did with others, my recording format hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Great to see you having fun, Pap! :RSCARF::GSCARF::BSCARF:

PS: What program are you using for video capturing? I have OBS installed, but both gameplay and final video are laggy. Granted, my PC isn't a beast, but I don't think it's to be thrown away either

I am using OBS too. I had same troubles until recently and found a working solution on the net.
I simply changed my output settings to what is on this picture and it worked perfectly

upload_2019-2-27_22-10-24.png

Ah ok, so you switched to NVENC. Bitrate at 2500. Mmm, something tells me the fact you're outputting as .flv helps too, I currently output videos as .mp4 because I'd like to edit them in Premiere Pro. Will try them, thanks :TU:

Hey there,

I discovered a little bug in the Gameplayzer. I noticed while applying it to the 2018 Moddingway Mod World Cup Patch.

Basically, fifaCCitiu uses a randomizing formula for his Overall rating tweaks. In Python (yay, I'm starting to slowly learn it! :BOP:), the formula is like this: randrange(a,b), and a must never be bigger than b. To give you an example, he had randrange(ovr-10,80) -- so, if a player originally has an Overall of 92, it's gonna be like randrange(82,80), which is gonna crash the Gameplayzer. So I merely retouched a couple of these randomizers for now, just to prevent errors :))

EDIT: New link in the following post!

If you already applied it to your DB without errors (for me, it stuck at around 43%), you can still keep playing with your old one if you want. If you want to re-apply it, just remember to do it to your old pre-Gameplayzed db.bak ;))

Forgot to tell you: don't apply it to a Matrix, Fidel/Doctor+, Supernova... DB, because they already have their own tweaking formula applied to them, so you're basically re-tweaking an already tweaked DB, f***ing your gameplay up :D

Cheers

EDIT: Actually, it's not a formula to tweak the Overall, but apparently most if not all other attributes

Last edited:
What file to open with the Gameplayzer? Where is the "matrix file" that has to be opened? Is it that matrix7.csv?

Then I just leave Gamplayzer in the background and execute FIFA16 normally, right?

Alright, 1.01 game, tournament mode, 2 teams with offensive mindset.
Legendary with OperationSports ai settings, 15 minute halfs.

A lot of shots.

0-0 after 90 minutes. Went to penalties.

I've never played a 0-0 game in modern PES. Never.

Nice amount of fouls, yellows and a red card from a gross tackle from behind when Higuain was loose.

My team get tackles a lot despite not using the sliding tackle much at all. This is very nice. With 1.07 I sometimes had 0 tackles.

BUT... a lot of fouls coming from the handballs. I don't mind that in the midfield but I got awarded yet another handball penalty (which I missed).

Is there a cl.ini setting for the handballs? I don't want them off, I just want them toned down a bit.

It really plays better than 1.07. I'm sure we get even more fouls with roster settings and Ciais' magic. I also want that game speed toned down.

It's ridiculous how much better football game this is than ANYTHING else. Besides that usual super fast paced penalty shootout this was an incredible, football gaming experience once again. It really feels like real football... only the early PES games felt this way.

xKw25eZ.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, it's not like Vod's Launcher for NHL 2004. It simply edits your DB just once.
  2. Start gameplayzer16.exe. A window will pop up
  3. Click on Open matrix file and select matrix7.csv in the directory you extracted the Gameplayzer
  4. Click on Open database and select your fifa_ng_db.db inside FIFA 16\data\db
  5. Click on Save Database and give your Gameplayzed DB a new name (like new.db)
  6. A console window will appear and the Gameplayzer may look like it's frozen -- don't worry, it's normal, just let it work for a couple of minutes (there's a progress bar on the right side)
  7. When it's done, it will tell you, just click OK and you're done, you can close the tool
  8. Now replace your old fifa_ng_db.db with your new.db giving it of course the correct fifa_ng_db.db name (as you can see, it creates a backup, so no problems about that)
  9. In your game, go check if all players (except GKs) have Balance at 10 *. If they do, your DB has been correctly Gameplayzed :))

Forgot to tell you: don't apply it to a Matrix, Fidel/Doctor+, Supernova... DB, because they already have their own tweaking formula applied to them, so you're basically re-tweaking an already tweaked DB, f***ing your gameplay up :D

About your problem with Origin, the game for me starts normally without putting it offline. Try telling it to use Local Data

PS2: Damn it, El Pajaro, I posted the instructions when I first shared the Gameplayzer like 20 posts ago, you should really start to read all posts, ahah :P:P:P

Last edited:
El Pajaro, did you manage to apply the Gameplayzer to your DB?

Also, I think the reason for your handballs is the FT Control sliders. Try reducing them to something like 40.

For the handballs, the game gives you the option to set them 1) off; 2) on (everywhere); or 3) on except inside the penalty box.

I recommend using the option 3, so you get some extra fouls in the midfield but you don't get those very odd penalties (I am talking to you Mr Boateng and Mr Schweinsteiger!)

Ciais, thanks for the instructions. I will test and play again another game. Sorry that I have missed things. I've been INCREDIBLY busy at work in the last three days. I can't wait to start another tournament with everything intact. Very excited about this all. Such a fantastic game with 1.01.

Sorry about it man, didn't want it to sound like I was lecturing you :CONF:

PS: I see you are using the Operation Sports sliders, which are made for v1.07 (they even say so in the OP). I quickly fixed up some for v1.01 here, but they're just a starting point, so they're not perfect of course:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/page-179#post-3365456

It would be useful for me if you tried them, and let me know if you still have lots of handballs (I don't have any, that's why I wanna make sure)

Thanks, buddy :))

Back
Top Bottom