FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Stats are important, yes. But in the end of the day it's exactly that "football feeling" that really counts. You can't measure it in numbers or stats.

I used to play myself and my son plays football. And when you have watched countless football games in your life you know the "feeling" that these games have... the suspense... the atmosphere. Sometimes it's defensive, physical battle and nothing goes in... you have that on FIFA too. Of course you have higher scoring games as well.

But the main difference between FIFA 16 and other modern football games is that when you get beaten it's always fair and square. You don't feel cheated.

Vanilla FIFA 16 ModdingWay is very good. And the game AI is very good. The cutscenes are almost perfect. But this takes it even further. This is the closest to football simulation you can get. Period.

@Madmac79: Thanks for the kind words :))
I, on the other hand, have discovered many things I don't like. It's true what they say, you are your own worst critic :PP

@El Pajaro: True, stats are important, but too will never sacrifice the gameplay feeling for them -- I could make some extreme edits to have ~30 fouls per game as IRL, but then the gameplay would feel more fake than FIFA 97 :LOL:
Also, thanks for the link, I actually happened there once, so I knew about it. I also believe @papinho81 made one himself: it's always better to have different versions, to get the best of both worlds ;))

So, I believe we're not even halfway done, maybe not even 1/3 in.
Now I want to "fix" these latest things I noticed I didn't like (I believe the defensive line is too low at 0, with the current work rates forwards defend too much and don't go on the attack during a counter, ...).
After that, I'd like to surf through (not all!) FIFA gameplay threads/patches/sliders/..., and make a to-do list from what I see -- right now, I'm starting to feel confused and overwhelmed, haha :DUMMY:

Cheers, and f**k Parma :SAL:

@Ciais well if we are not even 1/3 in, I don't even want to imagine what we'll end up with :LOL:! Good to know you are pumped and eager to bring this all to the next level.

Fifa 16 is undisputably the best modern, moddable football game existing, I don't think there is anything remotely comparable to it (at least in recent releases) in terms of customization possibilities, and I'm really glad, in this moment of relative virtual football desert we live in nowadays, that you are willing to explore it.

:D

FIFA has always been much more moddable than PES in my book. Even when the PS2-era PES games were undoubtedly better than their FIFA contemporaries, if I wanted to experience an actual WC qualification, for example, I knew that I could do it only in FIFA, with its flexible tournament structures, possibility of adding teams, etc.

I'd say that FIFA 16 is the best of both worlds, its gameplay is solid. Is it better than PES3/5/WE9/LE? No idea, can't compare them, they all have some things that are better and worse than the rest, I'm not claiming FIFA 16 is the GOAT (especially in this forum :LOL:). But it certainly feels real good for a FIFA game

Early PES were amazing. But when you compare it to FIFA 16 it's like comparing a classic sportscar to a modern sportscar.

There is no comparison. PES5 held the crown for 10 years but FIFA 16 is way ahead in so many ways... especially the "freedom" you have on the field. PES player movements and passes are still "robotic". If you think about it objectively... where does PES5/WE9 beat FIFA 16? I can't think of ANY aspect (after we managed to increase the fouls).

And would it be a crazy task to move World Cup 2014 mod (from FIFA 14) to FIFA 16? It's really well made mod but FIFA 14 sucks donkey dick. I have that WC 2014 mod and I tried to play the 14 but it felt soooo bad after these new mods we have. :)

There's also the Classic Patch by GIGGIRIVA with all World Cups from 1930-2014, and so on.

From what I could gather, converting is a pain, not everything can be simply copy-&-pasted. Faces, for example, need to be "converted" with CM15 then CM16, and the hair is lost.

:CRY:

Guys, for the results of simulated games (also cpu vs cpu games) I ve worked on the simsettings.ini (using Topaz aka TheAwseomeGem work has a base) and I am getting quite realistic and more varied results than with the vanilla game while targetting 2.7+ average goal by game (european leagues average this last years (Believe it or not, the patrie of Catenaccio sees the highest number of goals every week end)). I also paid attention to goalscorer and assist charts but also cards one.

I can share it if you want to try it.

I am not 100% happy about it yet. I have two versions, one where it is very challenging to win the league and reach european spots but it is relatively easy to avoid relegation (26 + is usually enough). One where it is quite challenging to avoid relegation (34+- points) but it is easier to reach european spots and some big teams have sometime a bit too much lost to my taste. I am trying to find an happy medium in between the two, it is a WIP.

Last edited:
Of course, if you're willing to share them, I'm not gonna say no :))

On the other hand, I don't want you to feel forced to do it now, if you're not still comfortable about it, I can wait :))

Hi, does anybody know if when you download a mod, could i play with spanish commentators like manolo lama (original version)?

Yes, all you have to do is set your FIFA 16 language to Spanish in Origin (if you haven't done already), which will download the required language files.
Then, in-game you will need to change the Commentary Language under Audio Settings :))

Hi guys, first of all i want to say well done with all the hard work that you have put into this game. I am always reading this thread because i am very interested to see how good you can get it. At the moment I am playing FIFA19 on PS4 quite a bit and PES2008 on PS2 occasionally. I am still trying to get that propper footy fix since PES5 days.

I do not have a good gaming pc and i am thinking of getting one just for this game. I wanted to ask if you know what would be a reasonable pc (and what specs) that could run this game well enough with all the mods etc...?

I would very much appreciate if one of you could please drop me a pm so as not to take this off topic. I have been trying to find out on the web but i am not too pc savy when it comes to these things even though i can follow instructions.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work :)

Hey mate,
thank you for your support :))

Ok, all I can do is tell you my PC specs, which are not ideal for the latest AAA games, but can run FIFA 16 reasonably well at 1920x1080, even with LOD set to Ultra:
  • HP Envy 15 Laptop
  • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
  • Intel Core i7-4510U @ 2.00GHz - 2.60 GHz (with integrated Intel HD 4400)
  • 8 GB RAM
  • GeForce GTX 850M
Hope they can be of help to you :))

Of course, if you're willing to share them, I'm not gonna say no :))

On the other hand, I don't want you to feel forced to do it now, if you're not still comfortable about it, I can wait :))

Not feeling forced at all, I think it is better to have beta testers!

Here is a link toward the two versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3canw0dc8gtczm5/Simsettings+Pap.rar

Simply copy the dlc folder inside one or the other version folder, then regenerate (needed only if you never had any simsettings.ini in your game folder before).

The V1 (hard toward the top) is my current favorite. It has may be a bit too high number of goal scored on average and weaker teams are doing a bit too badly.
The (V2) has a very good goal average and the fight for relegation is quite realistic but some big teams can have bad seasons (Well it can happen in reality too, isn't it Mr Florentino Perez?).

Last edited:
Hey mate,
thank you for your support :))

Ok, all I can do is tell you my PC specs, which are not ideal for the latest AAA games, but can run FIFA 16 reasonably well at 1920x1080, even with LOD set to Ultra:

• HP Envy 15 Laptop

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
    Intel Core i7-4510U @ 2.00GHz - 2.60 GHz (with integrated Intel HD 4400)

8 GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 850M
Hope they can be of help to you :))

Excellent thank you Ciais. Sorry i cannot do any play testing for you. Keep up the great work :)

@papinho81: Thank you very much, will try to test them as soon as I can :TU:
The only problem I might have is that, considering team overalls will very likely be lowered because of what I do, I may have to tweak the overall differential in simsettings.ini (same as in playervalues.ini and playerwages.ini for the players) :THINK:

@geeeeee: Don't mention it. And don't worry about not doing any play testing: you should be glad, actually. Look at Madmac79 or El Pajaro. Their lives are mine now :TWIST::LMAO:

Ok, speaking of the gameplay mod/patch/tweak/whatever (:PP), what I've been saying about some attributes determining the frequency of an action instead of how good a player is, might be wrong.
As a quick test, I lowered Short Passing for all to 1 -- they still ping-pong'ed the ball back and forth, and every pass was awful.
I'm gonna need to do some extensive testing. So :R1 to me

Hi guys, first of all i want to say well done with all the hard work that you have put into this game. I am always reading this thread because i am very interested to see how good you can get it. At the moment I am playing FIFA19 on PS4 quite a bit and PES2008 on PS2 occasionally. I am still trying to get that propper footy fix since PES5 days.

I do not have a good gaming pc and i am thinking of getting one just for this game. I wanted to ask if you know what would be a reasonable pc (and what specs) that could run this game well enough with all the mods etc...?

I would very much appreciate if one of you could please drop me a pm so as not to take this off topic. I have been trying to find out on the web but i am not too pc savy when it comes to these things even though i can follow instructions.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work :)

Mate I don't understand much about computer specifics and whatnot, but Fifa 16 came out in the late part of 15, I'm completely sure that any just decent pc for today standards would widely do the trick.

Not feeling forced at all, I think it is better to have beta testers!

Here is a link toward the two versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3canw0dc8gtczm5/Simsettings+Pap.rar

Simply copy the dlc folder inside one or the other version folder, then regenerate (needed only if you never had any simsettings.ini in your game folder before).

The V1 (hard toward the top) is my current favorite. It has may be a bit too high number of goal scored on average and weaker teams are doing a bit too badly.
The (V2) has a very good goal average and the fight for relegation is quite realistic but some big teams can have bad seasons (Well it can happen in reality too, isn't it Mr Florentino Perez?).

Sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing with us. Do you using any other mods for career mode to make it more realistic? I think I still have improved transfer mod but it's not perfect.

Mate I don't understand much about computer specifics and whatnot, but Fifa 16 came out in the late part of 15, I'm completely sure that any just decent pc for today standards would widely do the trick.

Yes but it HAS to be today's standards. These require a lot more resources than say, PES games. I noticed that with my mid-2000's old computer. I had to buy a decent new machine to run FIFAs properly.

:BOP:

Yes but it HAS to be today's standards. These require a lot more resources than say, PES games. I noticed that with my mid-2000's old computer. I had to buy a decent new machine to run FIFAs properly.
:CRY:

Seriously thanks guys. :)

Thank you @Ciais ! I really like the way the game feels due to your patch. I had to forget about the WE 9/PES 6 for a while. :)) But there is one problem: CPU goalkeepers during goal kick always make short pass to defender. And I would like to see the center forward a little more active during the counterattack. Everything else is very cool :TU:

Hey andersfss,

thank you. Yes, I noticed those things too. I'm looking to fix them :))

I believe the counter attack problem is because as of now, all players have their Attacking Workrate set to Low. I think I should set some players to Medium at maximum (same for Defending Workrate, but with Medium at minimum)

The GKs giving short goal kicks is the same Build Up Speed/Passing issue

Cheers :))

PS: Pap, I still haven't tested your simsettings.ini. Sorry! Based on what you've written about them, I currently installed V2 (you seem to have done extensive testing, loved reading your thoughts .txt :))))

Last edited:
People have complained about the lack of individuality in football games. But now that the global roster attributes have been reduced you can manually make the top 5-10 superstar players remarkably better with "edit player" option. Then they will be REALLY a lot better.

Let's be honest. Guys like Messi and Ronaldo are from the different planet. They should be from the different planet in these games as well. Now the difference will be more dramatic when they're the only players with high agility setting.

I used this in NHL 2004. Select few superstars (Crosby, Ovechkin) had those "arcade" agility and speed skills. It doesn't change the big picture at all and you really felt the difference.

People have complained about the lack of individuality in football games. But now that the global roster attributes have been reduced you can manually make the top 5-10 superstar players remarkably better with "edit player" option. Then they will be REALLY a lot better.

Let's be honest. Guys like Messi and Ronaldo are from the different planet. They should be from the different planet in these games as well. Now the difference will be more dramatic when they're the only players with high agility setting.

I used this in NHL 2004. Select few superstars (Crosby, Ovechkin) had those "arcade" agility and speed skills. It doesn't change the big picture at all and you really felt the difference.

Individuality is not only about top players. The game should also portray differences between normal players. Besides, in your example, an agility increase for Ronaldo would be unrealistic, he's not more agile than players like Hazard or Neymar for example. His strength rely on others attributes.

I think the individuality is broken anyway in FIFA16 and can't be patched no matter what, it is hardcoded. You can play with Seattle Sounders or Barcelona, you can as easily pass with pinpoint accuracy. The player playstyle are also not reflected properly by the cpu : i saw pirlo running down the wings like he would be a wingback, i saw busquets attempting long range attempts when he would clearly pass in reality, i saw Ronaldo sticking to the side, while he would most likely cut in and wait for a good ball in reality. All these characteristics and playstyle can be easily implemented in any PS2 PES, because of the wonderful stat system. FIFA is lacking there, and thus feels too "generic" IMO.

Nevertheless, i love sometimes playing a few FIFA 16 games, the work of @Ciais will surely make it even more a masterpiece. But i still prefer PES (on PS2) for the reasons i explained, especially for master league/career mode because FIFA bores me after a while, and i believe it is because of that "generic" feeling.

Sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing with us. Do you using any other mods for career mode to make it more realistic? I think I still have improved transfer mod but it's not perfect.

I am using something similar for transfers and others things from someone from soccergaming. It is not chris2k one, I tested it but I was not happy with it. I am away from home until the end of next week, I will check once back and share it with you guys.

Edit: I quickly checked and found it. It is smokeswift platinum career mod available at moddingway.

PS: thanks nisoley for the fifa 19 stadiums break through!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom