FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

The gameplay improvements sound promising, specially when he talked about the midfield players being more active on defence, reading the opponents pass, anticipating to it and intercepting the ball.

Meh was impressed with the slide tackle cancel, the rest not so much.

I wonder how easy it is to ping a long through ball over the top is? I hope thats been fucking sorted. Defenders failing to track a long ball over and the attacking player bringing the ball down while facing away from the ball and having a touch Denis Berkamp would be proud off.

The slide tackle was the worst part, i have never seen a defender attemp a slide tackle and get up that quick. Even if they wanted to implement it to balance attack v defence at least use a quick animation to show the player trying to regain his balance to stand up using sliding momentum. It just looked so fake i cant believe they even chose to showcase that.

your right, I shouldnt be impressed... jesus

The slide tackle was the worst part, i have never seen a defender attemp a slide tackle and get up that quick. Even if they wanted to implement it to balance attack v defence at least use a quick animation to show the player trying to regain his balance to stand up using sliding momentum. It just looked so fake i cant believe they even chose to showcase that.

+1000. Exactly this.

Even on FIFA 15, there's way too many times where a slide tackle that hasn't won the ball still gets rewarded with possession because the attacker isn't able to retain possession. Also times where you've beaten a player and within two strides he's back in front of you by a metre and steals the ball.

Seems they've done something similar with that slide tackle cancel. No way on earth would he be able to get up so quickly. Messi would have been past him and long gone. What they should do is enable a second press of the slide tackle button to perform a lunge from the ground and see if you can win the ball or if you press the button that allows you to pull a shirt, then this could allow you to intentionally foul Messi in that situation. That would be realistic. But getting up so quickly that you'd rupture your knee ligaments if you even thought about trying to get up...gimme a break!!

:TU: so glad i'm not the only one who thinks that.

I hope they disabled scripting and disabled the system where all the teams plays like Barcelona. Those are two of the major problems on FIFA 15.

Someone in the comments said that Marcelo getting up so quickly is realistic and it's like a pole vaulter...must be someone from EA Sports who wrote that lol.

When you go in for a slide tackle like that, you're sliding in to win the ball or stop the player - NOT with the intention of getting straight back up. To be able to stop all momentum mid-slide and get up so quickly is ridiculous. Shortly thereafter, they show Pique sliding in on Ronaldo, who jumps over the tackle and keeps running. If you watch Pique though, instead of being on the ground and looking back at Ronaldo admitting defeat, the slide stops part way through and he's back up and running again. I don't care how many licences you have EA Sports, it's THAT kind of crap that means your game will never be considered a game for footballers. Only for gamers. Boo!

that video was annoying. Everything was slowed down to give the impression there are major differences and it will really improve the game.

Until we see the game in full flow (and play demo) we cant tell. Looks just like Fifa15 including players with arms that are way too long.

Someone in the comments said that Marcelo getting up so quickly is realistic and it's like a pole vaulter...must be someone from EA Sports who wrote that lol.

When you go in for a slide tackle like that, you're sliding in to win the ball or stop the player - NOT with the intention of getting straight back up. To be able to stop all momentum mid-slide and get up so quickly is ridiculous. Shortly thereafter, they show Pique sliding in on Ronaldo, who jumps over the tackle and keeps running. If you watch Pique though, instead of being on the ground and looking back at Ronaldo admitting defeat, the slide stops part way through and he's back up and running again. I don't care how many licences you have EA Sports, it's THAT kind of crap that means your game will never be considered a game for footballers. Only for gamers. Boo!
:APPLAUD::WORSHIP:

Last edited:

that video was annoying. Everything was slowed down to give the impression there are major differences and it will really improve the game.

Until we see the game in full flow (and play demo) we cant tell. Looks just like Fifa15 including players with arms that are way too long.

They've done this style of presentation for at least the last couple of Fifas, seem to remember seeing it last year with the same Dutch interviewer and they were showing multiple players jumping for headers in slow mo etc. etc.

I don't bother watching this kind of video it's not gameplay, may as well be a cgi trailer for all the good it actually shows of the game.

Like every year. Small not important changes, some even annoying and making game unplayable. Moreover PES 2016 looks like DLC for 2014/2015.

Like every year. Small not important changes, some even annoying and making game unplayable.
Defenders being able to defend makes it a different game. Unplayable? Only if it turns out it's still a dribble/goal-fest like 15.

That physics-ignoring slide is silly, I'll give you that, but personally I'd rather have that than having no defending control (14 was brilliant, in my opinion, and 15 was a step backwards).

Hopefully they tweak it before release so that anyone who's going to do those "tackle-cancels" all the time is affected by momentum. My biggest fear isn't that it looks silly, but that it could become some sort of exploit.

Defenders being able to defend makes it a different game. Unplayable? Only if it turns out it's still a dribble/goal-fest like 15.

That physics-ignoring slide is silly, I'll give you that, but personally I'd rather have that than having no defending control (14 was brilliant, in my opinion, and 15 was a step backwards).

Hopefully they tweak it before release so that anyone who's going to do those "tackle-cancels" all the time is affected by momentum. My biggest fear isn't that it looks silly, but that it could become some sort of exploit.

FIFA 14 next gen was way better than FIFA 15 in terms of defending and tactics. I hope FIFA 16 is not another step back and provide a good replay value in terms of uniqueness to team and player which it failed on the FIFA 15. I don't ask for a whole lot of change, just this little change. I can't play a game where I can predict and know all the bullshit moves A.I pulls off and having "scripting" as a way to let me have some challenge. Please for once, do your job EA.

LOL @ IGN. :LMAO: A FIFA 16 video with a FIFA 15 thumbnail? Who'd do that?

Yes, that thumbnail belongs to FIFA 15.
It has 13/14 kits (every new FIFA game is shown with assets from the previous season at the beginning), the 'cafusa' ball that is no longer used and was around since the very first screenshots of FIFA 15 came out.

Come on IGN, update that one. :FAIL:

FIFA 15/16 actual night lighting during the game (even though it is a kind of stadium presentation, it is that poorly lighted while the game is on)

FIFA16_Stadium.png

Real stadium lighting at night

IMAGE_20141008_26047543.jpg

And now, in my opnion, the best night stadium lighting developed for any football game ever. Pro Evolution 2013.

royallondonnight.jpg

One more thing.

fifa-16-stadium-bernabeu.jpg

Awful, absolutely cloying lighting, turf and general stadium look + goal nets. How HORRIBLE is it? Can't look at it anymore. There is couple of factors that make this game rebarbative. The lighting system and nets based on FIFA 10, turf looks quite good only throughout the day.

So annoying. :BYE:

And now, in my opnion, the best night stadium lighting developed for any football game ever. Pro Evolution 2013.

[IM]http://s17.postimg.org/3r1a43j1r/royallondonnight.jpg[/IMG]

IMO that is also very poor, washed out colours, flat bland lighting especially on the crowd which also seems to have a very limited palette.

With either game on PC at least there are Reshade/SweetFX ways to tweak but IMO neither nails the lighting.

It's down to the positioning and defensive organisation. The reduced pace helps a bit. Looks fluid and smooth and hopefully it plays well. Impressions are positive and considering they don't fuck it up, we're in for a treat it seems.

It's down to the positioning and defensive organisation. The reduced pace helps a bit. Looks fluid and smooth and hopefully it plays well. Impressions are positive and considering they don't fuck it up, we're in for a treat it seems.

I hope they are more focused into team's tactics now.

Asim and Dave have already talked about the variety they saw in CPU teams, how Dortmund resembled Klopp's boys. Dave tells there's added personality brought in by the new mechanics including the passing.

I don't really care too much anymore about how preview versions of the game plays.

When I went to Eurogamer I couple of years ago and got to play an early release of the Next Gen version it felt really good and gameplay was slow and allowed to actually pass and create.. Then the full game came out and it the counter attacking mess FIFA has always been, it's as if they fake the preview builds so people talk about how much the game has changed to only change it again for the full release.

Also in the previews they only show off new graphical features like new haircuts, new tattoos, Joe Hart replaced by the Slenderman when instead they could show they are working on the game breaking bugs which are in the career mode.. Which are so incredibly numerous it's incredible

But hey ho Messi now has his tattoo so I am happy!! WOOP WOOP.. (Tis dat how da kds tlk nw)

Asim and Dave have already talked about the variety they saw in CPU teams, how Dortmund resembled Klopp's boys. Dave tells there's added personality brought in by the new mechanics including the passing.

That is actually a great news and provide a quality replayability for FIFA 16, something they always lacked.

If teams play more like themselves now that's great - however, I think this is the bit I'm most sceptical of when it comes to preview builds, because in the very limited time you have to play something it can seem like teams have amazing individuality (until you play 15+ matches and begin to see the familiar patterns, and that every team plays that way).

The dream though for me this year is (much) improved defending and more varied teamplay from the AI, and so far, it's all sounding really promising. When the first part of their own PR talks about the defending, and their own producer practically says "the last game wasn't great" in interviews, it sounds pretty serious to me.

Demo date please, EA!

Back
Top Bottom