FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

In my career mode, all the teams played like Barcelona which was pretty annoying and wasn't the case in FIFA 14 or FIFA 13. I hope they now follow their team's tactics with the introduction of a better A.I system. This year is going to be good since both PES and FIFA are focused on the gameplay.

FIFA16_XboxOne_PS4_LiveCapture_FIFATrainer_Pass.0.png

the LOD is still terrible, i dont know why Asim said in a PES podcast that the FIFA LOD is good. Look at Rakitic on this pic, he looks like a bald old guy from this far and its supposed to be a close view. feel sorry for console gamers

I like the night time in this FIFA, It isn't murky and shiny at the same time and the contrast is decent. I like it.

the LOD is still terrible, i dont know why Asim said in a PES podcast that the FIFA LOD is good. Look at Rakitic on this pic, he looks like a bald old guy from this far and its supposed to be a close view. feel sorry for console gamers

I don´t think it´s that bad.
Doesn´t look bald to me at all as the back and top of his head clearly has a darker colour than his arms or face.
In fact it´s credible to me that this should be Rakitic.

Wouldn´t doubt though that it could have been made better.

Would be good to have other players to compare to.

well on PC there is a fanmade LOD tool, and yeah you can make him look like have indeed long hair even from much more far view. it eats the memory tho

contrast and colours are horrible at night indeed. always had to tweak my moniter to make it slightly acceptable, then i realized doesnt worth to screw up the settings for everything else because of FIFA's nigth games

German magazine 4players claims that women's teams play almost exactly like their male counterparts in the preview version.

I'd be shocked if they didn't.

99.9% of the people who buy Fifa year in, year out have zero interest in the integration of women's football into the game so I'd much rather they spend their dev time somewhere useful such as improving career mode.

Very true!

But still, not a bad move from EA to implement womens football since the WC is running.
I could imagine that there are some teenie girlies out there who actually play this.

I'd be shocked if they didn't.
An Italian journalist that played the FIFA 16 preview said the opposite thing, though:
Il calcio femminile è veramente molto ben realizzato, con equilibri per i match differenti e una resa delle atlete che garantisce una certa varietà rispetto al canovaccio di Fifa tradizionale. Le donne sono più deboli e meno precise nei passaggi e nei tiri, e si muovono sul campo di gioco in maniera differente.
Female football is represented very well, matches have a different balance and the athletes are made in a way that provides something different from the traditional FIFA experience.
Danno la sensazione di maggiore fragilità, anche se a livello tattico il loro comportamento non sembra differire rispetto a quello degli uomini, e mi riferisco all'organizzazione difensiva così come alle fasi di attacco e possesso palla.
They feel weaker, less accurate when they pass and shoot, they move differently on the pitch.
They look more fragile even if the tactics are the same men use, and I mean both in defense and in possess.

La partita si è protratta fino ai tempi supplementari, con le ragazze che erano veramente molto stanche. Faticavano a coprire le fasce e addirittura portavano a tante situazioni di palla non contesa, con il pallone appunto fermo e ben distante rispetto alle giocatrici più vicine, proprio per l'impossibilità di continuare a chiudere bene gli spazi.
The match went to extra time, with female players being exhausted. They had difficulties in covering the flanks and we also had many situations in which the ball was still but far from any player, because players couldn't run in the spaces anymore.

Tomorrow we get an IGN FIFA 16 gameplay video.. Last year it happened on the 2nd day of E3. Unfortunately, last year it only showed replays.

Last edited:

contrast and colours are horrible at night indeed. always had to tweak my moniter to make it slightly acceptable, then i realized doesnt worth to screw up the settings for everything else because of FIFA's nigth games

I calibrate my TV and PC monitor using a test disc and also checked it and tweaked it with the Xbox One inbuilt calibrator and FIFA 15 looks perfect, day or night. And so does every other game. If you need to tweak it I suggest you don't have it set up right to start with as it should look good on everything, bar any slight brightness or contrast sliders you might tweak in another game.

U never notice how horrendous the night lighting is until you use SweetFX

how to send this 'night lighting' issue to EA ?? this is unacceptable !! can't play any match under light.

It seems like they go back and forth with the night lighting. In both games.

FIFA 08 bad, EURO 2008 good, FIFA 09 bad, FIFA 10 better, daylight was horrible. FIFA 11 better. FIFA 12 bad. FIFA 13 BAD. FIFA 14 bad, a little bit better. FIFA 15 bad.

PES 2008 bad, PES 2009 good, PES 2010 too dark, PES 2011 good. PES 2012 bad, PES 2013 better, PES 2014 good, PES 2015 worse.

That's my view on it. Why go back and forth with less colorful nightmatches? Just because they want to make the game look different to the previous and next one?

Thank god for PC editing communitys.

Some really nice nw animations there.

What I really dislike about Fifa is the fact every time you steal the ball, you have the opportunity to counter attack no matter in wich part of the pitch you stole the ball. Even when you still the ball in your own defence, you have room to easily organize a counter attack, as if the midfield opponents neither the atackers werent there to close space.

Some really nice nw animations there.

What I really dislike about Fifa is the fact every time you steal the ball, you have the opportunity to counter attack no matter in wich part of the pitch you stole the ball. Even when you still the ball in your own defence, you have room to easily organize a counter attack, as if the midfield opponents neither the atackers werent there to close space.

youtube please.

Its actually looking really good.

Its actually looking really good.
Any game would look good when all they do is show hand-picked stop-action clips and run it in slo-mo. EA marketing at its finest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom