FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Got to say I have not witnessed this once in 3 months of gameplay.
Would be pretty pissed if it did happen.

I have however seen anomalies if the framerate is left unlimited.

The more I watch that the more I think Hart went for the wide angle rather than cover near post.

I find keepers more reliable on FIFA than I do PES, but that's not to say I hadn't had my fair share of issues, my biggest gripe is how they're unbeatable in the air, it's almost exploitive online when it comes to corners.

Klash, once again your hyperbole is way over the top. The keepers in FIFA are miles better than they were before. The problem is, just like all their other big features, it's got its flaws.

Honestly, I've seen about the same amount of problems with keepers in both games, but in both the issues have been few and far inbetween. Hardly gamebreakers, and certainly not something to get all up in arms about, let alone calling people liars.

This game just gets better with each play.

Career Mode on Slow is a joy at times. I have mastered Tactical Defending now but still prefer the simplicity of Legacy I must admit.

Keepers are fine. I LOVE all the different animations in this game, I keep noticing new ones ALL of the time.

Game is pretty as well - still don't like the player models mind you, PES has that nailed.

No, i disagree max, i never liked FIFA's keeper programming at all but this year it's broken. At least the perfect keeeprs from before did the basics

It happens all the time in this guys videos. keepers making bizarre choices. Also they cannot save penalties at all. It's almost impossible for the cpu to save a penalty.

The key to keepers is how they respond and are tied into the gameplay, the gameplay has too many variables a the moment which the keepers can''t cope with consistently.

No, i disagree max, i never liked FIFA's keeper programming at all but this year it's broken. At least the perfect keeeprs from before did the basics

It happens all the time in this guys videos. keepers making bizarre choices. Also they cannot save penalties at all. It's almost impossible for the cpu to save a penalty.

The key to keepers is how they respond and are tied into the gameplay, the gameplay has too many variables a the moment which the keepers can''t cope with consistently.

That Joe Hart example isn't clear cut like you say though. In that situation he picked the wrong side. Maybe he could stand his ground til the shot happens but then it's too late for him to dive.

Have played a lot of FIFA with a couple of mates and have only seen one odd thing and the occasional ball that should have been caught but was parried (didn't go straight to a striker though like on PES or FIFA of old).

Sure, they can improve the coding but in my experience, it's hardly gamebreaking or frustrating. Most of the time they do their job properly. Not sure what the issue is?

I think what it comes down to is shot speed. 50 is simply too slow. We had it at 49 for a bit, and the keeper would react too slow, yet dumb, when GK ability was at 50. So we actually bumped GK to 46, and the speed started to mesh together perfectly - however, they wouldn't come out to meet the attacker in 1v1, and they would make some dumb errors.

51 or 52 shot speed and 50 GK though, has actually produced some nice play - and some really great animations. I would go for 52 shot speed versus 51 as of late because keeper tends to make miraculous saves at point blank range.

In 3 months of playing this game I never felt that the keepers are broken.

The example up there is not a good one imo, as I see those goals in real life as well.
As Calcio said, he picked the wrong side.

There might have been a few odd moves or decisions by the keepers but not as bad as that I can remember.

Keepers absolutely broken, total shit and EA lied about them?

Can´t retrace that, not at all.

In fact I like the balance, they are not superhuman but also show skills very often.

It's weird this has come up - yesterday I was playing a manual match online (as Liverpool) and it was a tight affair, ended up losing 1-0, but when they showed the replay of the goal Mignolet actually ducked under the ball as if he was limbo dancing (his hands were even at his sides).

First time I recall seeing anything like that, though. I just put it down as a one-off.

Have saved several penalties in game,very realistically & have found its one of the buzzes in the game.Its all down to reaction on right stick.

Have saved several penalties in game,very realistically & have found its one of the buzzes in the game.Its all down to reaction on right stick.

In the video the guy makes a penalty save and has done a number of times through career mode.

Its the cpu which cant save penalties against you, he gets a lot of penalties and scores all of them and made a few vids stating how easy they are to score.

That Joe Hart example isn't clear cut like you say though. In that situation he picked the wrong side. Maybe he could stand his ground til the shot happens but then it's too late for him to dive.

Have played a lot of FIFA with a couple of mates and have only seen one odd thing and the occasional ball that should have been caught but was parried (didn't go straight to a striker though like on PES or FIFA of old).

Sure, they can improve the coding but in my experience, it's hardly gamebreaking or frustrating. Most of the time they do their job properly. Not sure what the issue is?

only played the game a few times at a friends house and the demo for a few days which was just all over the place, i watch docks videos because hes very good at the game, i feel its nice to watch players who play the game at 100%, no sliders or playing professional with manual etc... to get a sense of what the game mechanics are about.

There is also fifa ralle but he's 'too good' the guy was winning the league with QPR doing roulette and rainbow flicks over keepers on legendary which after a while just looks a bit too circus like.

Yes its true matt10's career mode is far more interesting with his slider changes since hes made the game harder and you really have to get behind him with the struggle with villa, thing is again with sliders, whats missing is when we could receive a game and it would literally take months to learn and master within that iteration. Sliders seems to be about funneling the game into a certain iteration.

My concern with keepers are you create a nice passing move, then score and the goal is ruined by the retarded keeper, most goals your sitting there wondering would the keeper had saved that? With joe hart again, in that moment, he didn't even need to pick a side in the first place!

I recognise that, only time cpu has really saved is if I have fluffed it and sent it straight down the middle.

Only played the game a few times at a friends house and the demo for a few days which was just all over the place...

Hold on a minute.

Fray Bentos has been getting absolutely hammered in the PES discussion thread.

His crime?

To continue to post criticism of PES2015 in there after having traded in the game for FIFA.

I think one of the posters in there described Fray as "insecure", "very pretentious" and as having "an extremely low attention span".

Oh wait, that was you!

And yet here you are criticising FIFA in much stronger terms - having played the full game " a few times".

Incredible.

Hold on a minute.

Fray Bentos has been getting absolutely hammered in the PES discussion thread.

His crime?

To continue to post criticism of PES2015 in there after having traded in the game for FIFA.

I think one of the posters in there described Fray as "insecure", "very pretentious" and as having "an extremely low attention span".

Oh wait, that was you!

And yet here you are criticising FIFA in much stronger terms - having played the full game " a few times".

Incredible.

Yes, because the keepers are a cause for concern. I'm not new to fifa, I've been playing it year after year since 1995, everyone plays fifa against friends anyway, i simply refuse to invest time into the game single player or online.

Ask yourself a question! Why would i play a game i don't like continuously?

Why are you so surprised, everyone knows i didn't like fifa 15 when i played it, that was part of the point hence why i was referring to watching the full game in a video series spanning over 150 and I've watched every single one, because like i said i like watching good players!

Whats ridiculous is i here i'm actually providing evidence to show my concerns for FIFA's keepers yet being criticized because i don't play a game i previous said i don't even like,

Last edited:
Yes, because the keepers are a cause for concern. I'm not new to fifa, I've been playing it year after year since 1995, everyone plays fifa against friends anyway, i simply refuse to invest time into the game single player or online.

Ask yourself a question! Why would i play a game i don't like continuously?

Why are you so surprised, everyone knows i didn't like fifa 15 when i played it, that was part of the point hence why i was referring to watching the full game in a video series spanning over 150 and I've watched every single one, because like i said i like watching good players!

Whats ridiculous is i here i'm actually providing evidence to show my concerns for FIFA's keepers yet being criticized because i don't play a game i previous said i don't even like,

I was actually pointing out your hypocrisy...

Same here.

I find that it's best not to move the goalkeeper with left stick at all and just time the dive with right stick. I have saved lots of pens online AND offline.

This game is gorgeous. I played Career Mode into early hours of the morning - so many interesting matches. I love all the different types of shot you can pull of in this, it all feels so organic.

Beautiful stuff, I havent touched any other games since buying this again.

only played the game a few times at a friends house and the demo for a few days which was just all over the place, i watch docks videos because hes very good at the game, i feel its nice to watch players who play the game at 100%, no sliders or playing professional with manual etc... to get a sense of what the game mechanics are about.

Sry, but I´m with boyce on this one.

"A few times", "a few days" and watching videos is not enough imho.
Imagine if Fray would have used those phrases in the other thread...

Are you aware that the game has been patched a few times?

But hey, no offense and no personal attack on you.
You don´t like the game and you made a point which I accept and respect.

I just don´t agree with you.
And I wouldn´t want you to leave this thread because you don´t play the game like others do in the other thread.

In fact I like to discuss and that´s what these threads are made for...if I´m wrong, please someone correct me.

I find the keepers very good and their animations are way above the ones in PES imo.

For the first time I´m really into a FIFA game, all the others were just "meh" to me.
Imo the gameplay made a nice and noticeable step forward, it´s very unpredictable and the ball physics are great, nearly perfect.

Of course it´s not perfect, a few things disturb me like:
-some animations are too hectic
-player faces and models
-A few AI bugs like holding the ball in the corner even the team is not leading

and some other that don´t come into my mind right now.

I really hope they keep that style of gameplay and build on it.
A very big plus is, that they haven´t let down the PC users as contrast to KONAMI.

And for the first time I´m curious about their next release.

You still haven't answered the question. Or the pm since your determined to derail the thread.

One other thing like i spoke about above in regards to docks is the tricks, if you aster them,they are so effective on any level and become a key part to score. They become a key part ot mastering the game.

Let me make this crystal clear, as you seem to be having a few problems understanding me.

I do not have a problem with you criticising FIFA, although I wish that you would be less hyperbolic and maybe give it a few more games before dismissing it entirely.

And to answer your question, no you should not keep playing a game that you do not enjoy (once you have given it a fair crack).

However, that was never my point - my first post was about your hypocrisy.

You have hammered Fray Bentos in the PES thread for doing exactly what you have been doing in this thread.

I thought all of that was pretty obvious but there you go.

Edit: May I also apologise for derailing the thread but I thought this had to be said.

Last edited:
I just feel that there's a Klash of personalities here.

Anyway, back to FIFA:

Do you reckon the visuals will improve much on PS4/Xbox One in the next few years? I was talking to a friend whilst we played 2v2 Seasons this morning and he thinks whilst the graphics are good, they could still be a lot better.

I mean, there is always room for improvement - but how much CAN they improve? I'm not very savvy when it comes to the PS4's tech and what it can achieve.

I just feel that there's a Klash of personalities here.

Anyway, back to FIFA:

Do you reckon the visuals will improve much on PS4/Xbox One in the next few years? I was talking to a friend whilst we played 2v2 Seasons this morning and he thinks whilst the graphics are good, they could still be a lot better.

I mean, there is always room for improvement - but how much CAN they improve? I'm not very savvy when it comes to the PS4's tech and what it can achieve.

Yes, possibly!

As far as the visuals are concerned, I think the pitches look incredible and do not need to be touched.

Improvements could be made to the player models and definitely the lighting in my opinion.

Whether they will or not is down to EA of course but my hope is that they will continually look to evolve the graphics along with the gameplay.

Sry, but I´m with boyce on this one.

"A few times", "a few days" and watching videos is not enough imho.
Imagine if Fray would have used those phrases in the other thread...

*pm regarding frey*

Are you aware that the game has been patched a few times?

But hey, no offense and no personal attack on you.
You don´t like the game and you made a point which I accept and respect.

I just don´t agree with you.
And I wouldn´t want you to leave this thread because you don´t play the game like others do in the other thread.

In fact I like to discuss and that´s what these threads are made for...if I´m wrong, please someone correct me.

Thats the whole point man, that video is brand new so it includes the latest patches! Do you play on legendary or on professional and use different controls because i remember you saying you where relatively new to FIFA.

I have to take into account how each person is playing the game which gives a different experience and their level.

Let me make this crystal clear, as you seem to be having a few problems understanding me.

I do not have a problem with you criticising FIFA, although I wish that you would be less hyperbolic and maybe give it a few more games before dismissing it entirely.

I've played fifa long enough, i have no time to try and fight the game to get enjoyment, i'm fed up with the game getting worse, the better you get at fifa which is a huge issue for me, the more you improve, the more flaws you notice. Thats why i only playing against friends when they have the game, i have no time for FIFA Ai single player or online.

People who play Career Mode, do you play on World Class or Legendary? I can't decide which I prefer. When I beat a team by a few goals on World Class, I feel as if I should be playing on the hardest setting.

Back
Top Bottom