FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I've played fifa long enough, i have no time to try and fight the game to get enjoyment, i'm fed up with the game getting worse, the better you get at fifa which is a huge issue for me, the more you improve, the more flaws you notice. Thats why i only playing against friends when they have the game, i have no time for FIFA Ai single player or online.

I can only conclude that you are intentionally ignoring my point now.

Anyway, back on topic, I personally play manager mode on legendary but with some slider tweaks.

It's pretty darn good, let me tell you.

*pm regarding frey*

Thats the whole point man, that video is brand new so it includes the latest patches! Do you play on legendary or on professional and use different controls because i remember you saying you where relatively new to FIFA.

I have to take into account how each person is playing the game which gives a different experience and their level.

Not really new...

Played FIFA 09 (PS3) quite much until I got fed up with it as every goal felt the same, skipped 10 and 11 as I was happy with PES 2010 and 2011, played 12 on PC but had the same feeling like I had with 09.

Played FIFA 13 (PS3) quite often with my kids but didn´t really like that ice skating thing and rather kept on playing PES 2013.

Skipped 14 because I was relatively happy with PES 2014 (PC).

In the FIFA 15 demo I felt something I never had with a FIFA release before when it came to the gameplay.
It made me play uncountable matches and I played it with my cousin from the UK until 4 am.

Still waited for PES 2015 to come but as I am very disappointed with the PC version I bought FIFA and never regret it.
I gave PES 2015 many tries, still do it once in a while but it just doesn´t click which I find very disappointing after PES 2014.

Playing the CM on professional, slow, not manual, no sliders.
Been trying a few online seasons which I enjoy as well.

I can only conclude that you are intentionally ignoring my point now.

Anyway, back on topic, I personally play manager mode on legendary but with some slider tweaks.

It's pretty darn good, let me tell you.

Are the tweaks to make it harder or easier or just gameplay issue ?
I ask because I am on learning curve now playing world class but getting
beaten 100% on legendary.
I tend to follow MATT10 settings and try to make my own small adjustments till the wow factor kicks in.

I also struggle on legendary only to win the odd game.

Superleeds, do you find it too easy on World Class?

I don't touch sliders btw, I feel that this always breaks something.

I tend to follow MATT10 settings and try to make my own small adjustments till the wow factor kicks in.

The tweaks are just to nullify some of the more ridiculous extremes that you get when you play on legendary and to make it more of a rounded experience, if that makes sense.

I also struggle on legendary only to win the odd game.

Superleeds, do you find it too easy on World Class?

I don't touch sliders btw, I feel that this always breaks something.

No mate I dont find it easy,have not played this for 10 years so I have started at pro and worked up to world class.Getting good at forcing draws but not too many wins on world class yet.I need to improve protecting the ball,as am fairly confident in possession.

Not really new...

Played FIFA 09 (PS3) quite much until I got fed up with it as every goal felt the same, skipped 10 and 11 as I was happy with PES 2010 and 2011, played 12 on PC but had the same feeling like I had with 09.

Played FIFA 13 (PS3) quite often with my kids but didn´t really like that ice skating thing and rather kept on playing PES 2013.

Skipped 14 because I was relatively happy with PES 2014 (PC).

In the FIFA 15 demo I felt something I never had with a FIFA release before when it came to the gameplay.
It made me play uncountable matches and I played it with my cousin from the UK until 4 am.

Still waited for PES 2015 to come but as I am very disappointed with the PC version I bought FIFA and never regret it.
I gave PES 2015 many tries, still do it once in a while but it just doesn´t click which I find very disappointing after PES 2014.

Playing the CM on professional, slow, not manual, no sliders.
Been trying a few online seasons which I enjoy as well.

Hmm, there we go, i started like i said in 1995 and i played the shit out of every FIFA apart from 13 and 15 to an extent. From 2010 onwards I've been solely playing football games so i only play pes and fifa socially. I always played both and essentially i still do 'in a way'.

Even FIFA 14 i played loads vs human opponents while travelling.

No mate I dont find it easy,have not played this for 10 years so I have started at pro and worked up to world class.Getting good at forcing draws but not too many wins on world class yet.I need to improve protecting the ball,as am fairly confident in possession.

You will get better with practice, this game does punish you at times.

I am going to stick with World Class I think.

Feel they've toned down defending too much now. Tackling range is bigger so you don't need to time it as well anymore. Just reduces the skill-gap.

FWIW, Klash and I go a bit back. I respect the hell out of the man, and what he provides to the community. I think it's tough to see the animations from the keepers at times, and the question really just needs to be "why" do they do that - and honestly, the answer is Shot Speed.

Think about it. When FIFA 15 first came out, shots directly to the keeper were saved...BUT...if you notice the animation, the keeper's hands would first be raised to be meet the shot, then right before the ball arrived, their hands would part from eachother - this indicated to me, that the shot speed needed to get there just a bit sooner OR the keeper's animation needed to come later.

Try the shot speed 52, shot error 52 and GK @ 50. That is probably the best mix that I have seen. It allows the exception power shooters, but still has that chance of them really mishitting it.

People who play Career Mode, do you play on World Class or Legendary? I can't decide which I prefer. When I beat a team by a few goals on World Class, I feel as if I should be playing on the hardest setting.

I have a rule that I play WC-Home matches, Away-Legendary matches. It builds up more anticipation when you travel away that you know they will be a bit more "amped" up.

The approach we have is just to eliminate certain exploits that the user has on the CPU. For example bursting, which is 99% of the goals on default, player beats the first player defending him, and once he's in sprint - he can't be stopped by the AI because the AI is trying to mark someone else, and can't keep up with the top speed.

The tweaks are just to nullify some of the more ridiculous extremes that you get when you play on legendary and to make it more of a rounded experience, if that makes sense.

Legendary actually plays quite good with the tweaks. I played both these matches on Legendary, and it was really enjoyable. The CPU makes plenty of mistakes - and this is determined because we have now been testing FT Control @ 100, which doesn't necessarily affect first touch - but more in line with the mentality of having to control the ball (through trap, dribble or first time pass/shot/cross).

YouTube - FIFA 15 Manager Mode | Episode 10 | The Gift!

Personally whether they dive out of the way or not,I think the keepers in FIFA 15 piss all over those in PES. For the record I'm not playing either game any more cause I got bored of them, however I haven't seen a goal scored in PES, either in videos of playing myself that has given me any sense of realism.
Having the ball go past the keeper every time before he has fully extended his arms was just doing my head in, all that possession football from the cpu and then they would shoot and the ball would be in the net before the keeper had completed his dive animation, every time. Even the goal kicks are in slow motion. Anything the keeper does takes place at a slower pace than the rest of game.
Not once did I concede a goal in over 100 hours of Fifa and think "Why are the keepers arms still half bent and why has he only half dived".

Personally whether they dive out of the way or not,I think the keepers in FIFA 15 piss all over those in PES. For the record I'm not playing either game any more cause I got bored of them, however I haven't seen a goal scored in PES, either in videos of playing myself that has given me any sense of realism.
Having the ball go past the keeper every time before he has fully extended his arms was just doing my head in, all that possession football from the cpu and then they would shoot and the ball would be in the net before the keeper had completed his dive animation, every time. Even the goal kicks are in slow motion. Anything the keeper does takes place at a slower pace than the rest of game.
Not once did I concede a goal in over 100 hours of Fifa and think "Why are the keepers arms still half bent and why has he only half dived".

Completely agree. Scoring goals in PES 2015 feels 'empty'.

For close shots a lot of the times keepers try to anticipate the direction the ball will be hit and when they get it wrong they look silly, Courtois did it last night at one point but managed to save with his legs, looks to me Hart did something relatively similar in the video.

You bet, Broadcast Camera, 0 height, 20 zoom :)
Thanks pal.

I want to try it (along with your sliders), cause i saw your latest video yesterday and the visual realism is exceptional. But i don't know how easy is to play with these camera settings.

Thanks again.

and this game doesnt have defence :D

I disagree with that on higher levels. My goal was on professional because I like to relax and play a particular way.

world class makes it very difficult to create chances imo. I can move from professional on fifa and win easily on superstar in PES.

talking about playerVplayer and not just online:)

never mind played some fifa street this afternoon, online, my brother as guest player. hell of a fun and its balanced

talking about playerVplayer and not just online:)

never mind played some fifa street this afternoon, online, my brother as guest player. hell of a fun and its balanced

Ah ok, then I absolutely agree haha. Defenders leave huge gaps and games end up high scoring. Either that or I'm horrific at defending against human opponents. Tend to avoid online.

scored this a couple of days ago. All happened so smoothly and actually made me jump up...Something FIFA never used to do.

can't embed through my tablet.

http://youtu.be/MbtkX-xt_6w

Nice one!

Can´t understand how some people can claim that this game doesn´t look like football...lol.

About defense though:

When playing CM on professional it´s ok.
I can defend properly and if the CPU manages to get through my defense it´s comprehensible.

Avoided online gaming most of the time but started online season games with 4 star teams which I quite enjoy a lot.
Sometimes defending annoys me though, specially when players try running through it.
I use a player trying to anticipate and use CPU pressing when he´s close to the box.

CPU pressing seems to be a bit weak though at times as strikers often easily can run around them.

How do you guys defend against those?

Man this game is stunning, I am hooked. I have so many games just gathering dust now though.

I want to start a Career Mode - but will wait until transfers are concluded tonight.

Anyone know how quickly EA will update the squads after the transfer window is closed?

Same here, doing a season with Barca in Manager mode, just to see if i can win the treble. And the game is so much fun. I've been able to score some great goals, making some sweet one twos with Messi-Iniesta-Neymar. Messi has 27 goals in 19 league games. We did lose the first El Clasico, but we are atop the League by 12 points. Ronaldo had a beautiful free kick go in, and then Messi hit back, but late in the game, Bartra gave away the ball to Benzema who found a galloping Isco and he tucked it away. We came second in the CL group to PSG (stupid Ajax getting a draw in both games vs me), and now face Chelsea in the Round of 16. Through to the Copa Del Rey semis vs our rivals Espanyol. Will only do one season though.

After that, I think I am going to try Hertha Berlin.for three-five seasons. I just can't do them for too long because Regens take you out of the immersions. I wish it was more realistic in that sense. You have a youth team and then players are regend into it, who are mostly from your nationality or surrounding countries, so with Hertha, mostly Germans regens and the odd Pole or Swiss. That is all. If they get that right, it's the closest I'll get to Football Manager combined with FIFA/PES.

Can you quit your club job and just be a National Manager? If the game was more in depth i would be more tempted to do a National manager run, but as it stands, you can't scout as deeply as you can in FM. So for now I refuse to take a job for a Nation.

BTW the PC mods really make it so good, with more realistic transfers and better growth curves for players, and the added teams and tournaments. Very much enjoying FIFA 15 this year, I have since the start.

Thursday,June 15 2023 I think says it all really who the hell could play a career mode file this long finally in my tenth season with Fulham and I was able to assemble a squad strong enough to finally capture the League and the F.A. cup for a hard earned double. The year before my team was only good enough for second place and winning the community shield.

The game gave me great depth and a progression towards achievement that to me was totally realistic. Against my F.A. cup final opponent Liverpool went 3-3 and I won the cup on pens. That was a nice little touch. Even if the last two F.A games were scripted because the scores were so high and my normal League games are normally always tense 1-1- 2-1 0-1 score lines.

The fun element is still very strong after almost 5 months of play.What a sweet little game this is. Every single thing I liked about (FIFA07 PES 5 PS2) (PES6 FIFA14 PC) (FIFA08 09 12 BOX 360) (PES 10 11 13 BOX 360). This game seems to borrow so many elements of those previous games and takes all the charming and fun parts of those games and delivers on so many fronts.

Sure things could be more technically refined and responsive, way too many blocked shots no fouls being called by the CPU after clear cut penalty in the 18 yard box. No handball implementation this year I could go on and on really. However the overall satisfaction level currently trumps any minor gripes I have with the game. This game has been programmed so well in my opinion.

No online just single player heavenly glory. Semi shot Semi pass all Manual everything else, pro or world class difficulty. No slider manipulation at all. Equals one of the most engaging sports games I have ever played. I am digging my vanilla FIFA immensely!!!!

Last edited:
Played 14 on PC and I can only imagine the fun the PC guys are having.
When I read some of placebos post and he is going into the .ini settings to alter crossing patterns and accuracy and I can only dream.

Thanks to Pughy for letting me know the GK taunting buttons a couple months back. Much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom