FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Anyone else been unable to get online the last few days?
Keeps saying can't connect to network.
I'm managing to play other games online and I can get onto psn store

Thanks for the feedback. I did some additional testing:
-In team management menu/instructions you can change CB attacking behavior: it does not help for corners; one CB always stays back.
-Using R stick is not a good solution either; AI corner taker makes the cross before you reach the penalty area unless you sprint and fatigue the cb (plus it forces you to be the receiver and AI corner taker makes terrible crosses).
AFAIK in previous FIFAs there was s custom set pieces where you could make you own corner formation. This yeas EA has removed that feature.

So I think we are stuck with this anomaly of one CB staying back for corners.

Thanks for the answer.

Anyone find out any solutions? It really is strange. In real life, both CB's usually come to box for corners and this hasn't been an issue in previous versions of the game.

I play with Dortmund and both CBs are coming forward for corners. I'll have to check the team and player instructions, cant remember making any changes for that.

Please do.

Only issue I've had is to do with having a strict NAT type. I do a multiplayer test and hold down all triggers and bumpers and it opens it up. Might have to do it a few times but it then let's me play.
This is on XB1.

Yeah there have been issues for some days with FIFA (and other EA games like Battlefield). I and six others in a club have all experienced it.

Any of you fine gents know why when playing career mode the commentators when playing at West ham don't call the ground Upton Park? Anyone know why?

I am playing so much Co-Op seasons with a mate. We had loads of fun on it Friday night, played from 7pm until 2am!!

Really lovely game, especially in single player when you put it down to Slow. Don't bother with sliders, they just mess everything up.

I can't stop winning on this now. I have changed from 'Possession' to 'Counter Attack' and my players make really intelligent runs.

Have won 6 in a row on Seasons Mode now, up to the 3rd division!

Im in Div2 online seasons and Div1 in fut but I manage to upgrade my squad (FUT)and fallen to Div3 and had to go back to my older squad to build a win...I don`t get it!

Better players should get me to win or at least stay in the Div! :CURSE::CURSE: How come I have the same player as my opponent but his player seem miles better.

Formation:
4-4-2

Tactics:
Longball & Team press

balance :
_ _ | _ _

You should stay away from FUT tbh lads, it's a complete script fest... Been building my squad for a few weeks now and the higher in the divisions I go, the less enjoyable it is - to the point where I become angry with a bloody game.

You just can't play proper football - everybody is a pressure whore, almost everybody is abusing the assisted passing i.e. ping-pong. In addition, the scripting is so noticeable that in the top 3 divisions you feel straight up cheated and fucked.

The amount of completely ridiculous goals I've conceded is over the top - I have to set up my team on Ultra Defensive and still, despite being extra careful with my defending, these kids just somehow go through my players.

I always have and always will say that when playing FIFA 1 on 1 online, it's favouring the players who exploit the game and who have no idea how to play the game to at least try and resemble real football...

You should stay away from FUT tbh lads, it's a complete script fest... Been building my squad for a few weeks now and the higher in the divisions I go, the less enjoyable it is - to the point where I become angry with a bloody game.

Yep, that´s what I had with the MLO since PES 2012 (PES 2011 MLO was really good imo).

As much as it was fun building a team, the games have been horrible (not all, a few ones were fun actually, but matters against who you play of course) because this game really made me mad.
And I´m actually quite a calm person.

I heard that FUT can be even more frustrating.
I tried and had few online FUT games but they were awful.
I have to say though, that my team wasn´t that good and it was impossible to stop all those Bale´s and Walcotts etc.

I just keep trading contract cards to gain coins via the FUT web app :).

I don´t wanna be mad because of this game so CM is the thing for me.
Wanna try a few online season sessions though.

FUT is for the kids IMO. It's terrible.

Affirmative, guaranteed to rob You of the all vital match time after time after time,no matter what tactics You employ or how well You play or even what superstars You have in Your team.That is really my only gripe with the game.

Was manager of Southampton and doing well in 4th after 18 games.

Then my beloved Liverpool (7th) offered me a job. I stalled on it as we had a tough game with Utd at home coming up. We lost 2-0.

Now, I never ever manage the team I support on Fifa/Pro but this time I let my heart rule my head and took the job.

First game? Utd at Old Trafford. Lost 0-1 to a pen that was never a pen and created loads of chances but couldnt get ball in the net.

Next up, Arsenal at home. Won 2-1 with goals from Balloteli and Moreno. The Jan window is open in 5 days I need to do some shifting of deadwood and bring in some new faces. The challenge is on.

Yesterday I gave online season a go, played around 10 games and I gotta say that I enjoyed every single one, even the ones I lost.

Won a few ones, had draws and lost some.

Still felt player ID and that unforeseen gameplay like I do offline.
PLayed against Real Madrid, Barca and Chelsea all the time, but there was hardly any kick and rush stuff.

Connection was mostly good. A few ones were a little bit laggy but not unplayable as I had it often with PES.

Gonna play on :)

Yesterday I gave online season a go, played around 10 games and I gotta say that I enjoyed every single one, even the ones I lost.

Won a few ones, had draws and lost some.

Still felt player ID and that unforeseen gameplay like I do offline.
PLayed against Real Madrid, Barca and Chelsea all the time, but there was hardly any kick and rush stuff.

Connection was mostly good. A few ones were a little bit laggy but not unplayable as I had it often with PES.

Gonna play on :)

It's a much better mode then UT as I don't like the fake squads and all the messing about. I just want to pick up and play... which I hardly do lately. No point even mentioning the teams you are constantly playing against. It's to be expected if you are choosing 5 star teams yourself. Drop down to other levels if it becomes too boring. Much more variety to be had.

It's a much better mode then UT as I don't like the fake squads and all the messing about. I just want to pick up and play... which I hardly do lately. No point even mentioning the teams you are constantly playing against. It's to be expected if you are choosing 5 star teams yourself. Drop down to other levels if it becomes too boring. Much more variety to be had.

Yep I know.

I chose a 4 star team before but couldn´t find any opponent.
Maybe because I started on division 10 (now 9), so I guess the game was looking for someone on 10 with a 4 star team.

But as I said, those 5 star team games were a lot of fun too and I don´t mind playing against those teams all the time...yet.

And yeah I haven´t touched FUT as I feel the same way about it as you.

Yep I know.

I chose a 4 star team before but couldn´t find any opponent.

Maybe because I started on division 10 (now 9), so I guess the game was looking for someone on 10 with a 4 star team.

But as I said, those 5 star team games were a lot of fun too and I don´t mind playing against those teams all the time...yet.

And yeah I haven´t touched FUT as I feel the same way about it as you.

Strange. Always found opponents without any hassle.

Started ultimate team, all in game currency so I've still got a largely modest squad. 60's and 70's. How does online matchmaking work in UT seasons then?

I started in division 11 against largely underwhelming teams with low rates players like my self, I've made it to division 10 but now I'm betting matched against all star teams with 100% chemistry and I've still got the same low quality squad? Surely this can't be fair, or do I have no choice but to pay real world money to stand a chance against these douche bags?

No, you don´t have to spend real money.

You can gain coins by those offline games (seasons and tournaments) or you trade cards. Best that work are golden contract cards.
Buy them for 150 and seel them for 300 to 350.

If you like those FUT matches, I recommend you go that way.

I for my liking find FUT way too exhausting and frustrating at times.

YouTube - FIFA 15 | Career Mode | #154 | Facing WBA For The First Time

WENB (Winning Eleven Negativity Blog) where praising FIFA keepers and bashing PES keepers, yet they turn a blind eye to these grotesque gamebreaking issues.

13:36 Joe Hart dives OUT OF THE WAY of the shot, all he needed to do was stand his ground.

EA have lied about these keeper being a revolutionary technology, it's lies, what i can see is they needed to reprogram the keepers from scratch to fit in with the new found freedom the game has now.

Its no coincidence the keepers are so total shit on this game and rarely good and the game is free and full of variables and unpredictable goals compared to all previous repetitive and mundane predictable FIFA's with perfect keepers unless you hit a sweetspot.

I can see these keepers being a big issue for a while until some significant code breakthroughs ad better algorithms are made.

Keepers should not be diving out of the way of shots, there is something seriously wrong here, this is laughable when it happens to the CPU but its game breaking in terms of competitiveness.

Odd no one has said that about keepers here.Although the FIFA section is not all that alive compared to some other forums.

I know, i mean it's opening a discussion really on EA lying about the keepers.

I'm sure there is no fancy technology at play here, this was done from necessity for the keepers to respond to the new gameplay changes.

If keepers are diving out of the way there's something very, very wrong. This has been happening consistently not just in the demo,

Back
Top Bottom