FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

First image of next gen:
BMau1GSCUAA_nwb.jpg:large

Madame Tussauds called, they want their models back.

underwhelming is not even...no, no.

this looks like a slightly improved current gen fifa

Not impressive, the same nets, same shoots... need to see gameplay from wide cam

Not impressive, the same nets, same shoots... need to see gameplay from wide cam

How can you tell all that from a quick pre-rendered video? Agree that we need to see some proper gameplay with a proper camera angle but the first part of your post? You can see all that? It showed absolutely nothing to me.

Not the kind of revolution I was hoping for. :(

How can you tell all that from a quick pre-rendered video? Agree that we need to see some proper gameplay with a proper camera angle but the first part of your post? You can see all that? It showed absolutely nothing to me.

if that shit was pre-rendered then either ea have gone back 5 years in time regarding their rendering-power or we really have to brace ourselves for how completely shitty the actual ingame footage has to look

nothing in today's trailer was pre-rendered. :))

if that shit was pre-rendered then either ea have gone back 5 years in time regarding their rendering-power or we really have to brace ourselves for how completely shitty the actual ingame footage has to look

nothing in today's trailer was pre-rendered. :))

Whatever it was, it wasn't a camera angle that you would use when playing. Anyway, point I was making is how can he tell all the things he mentioned just from watching that "cinematic" (or whatever you want to call it). And who gives a flying fuck about the nets anyway?! There's not exactly much wrong with them anyway and its one of the the last things I'd worry about. Never understood the net freaks out there :)

This is next gen graphics ? :(

Last edited:

Are we talking about that FIFA trailer which showed nothing? If so, then theres nothing to talk about similar to PES's teaser a week or so back.

Hmm, they didn't use the new kit.

Just the numbers/font seems to be the same method as 'current gen'.

maybe they will upgrade with new kits.

It seems like EA went back to FIFA 07 wax models of players. All shiny and inaccurate.

Something is terribly wrong with their bodies, I mean their fucking shoulders are too large.

Is this next or current gen????

This was exactly what I thought when I saw all those pictures and videos for Fifa14; it looks more or less the same as 12 or 13.
On the other hand, IMO graphics and sound are stagnating for last 10+years in all games. No much improvement there. We have had FULL HD AA AF etc. games for a long time (at least on pc).

There are some new features and new screens from E3.

photo-11.jpg

photo-2.jpg

xbox1 and PS 4 version :
Pro Instincts
All 22 players on the pitch possess the intelligence to anticipate and react instinctively to the play around them with human-like reaction times, just like world class footballers.
Players will move more instinctively with the ball, anticipating and reacting to tackles by skipping over out-stretched legs to avoid collisions, using stiff arms to fend-off defenders or to brace for collisions, and turning their bodies to brush through contact. Defenders will anticipate moves to seal off opponents and intercept passes, and slow down attackers by hooking or holding an arm.

Living Worlds
FIFA 14 will have stunning accuracy and visuals. The world inside the stadium comes alive as the emotions of new 3D crowds rise and fall around the stories on the pitch.
Players are also aware of the match and what needs to be done to get a result—their sense of urgency increases as the match draws on, and if a goal is needed, they rush to take a throw-in, corner or goal-kick if time is running down.

Precision Movement
With 10 times more animation depth and detail, players now plant, pivot and cut, change direction and shift their momentum with the agility and explosiveness of elite athletes.
The fidelity of movement has a game-changing effect on gameplay. Players feel more grounded, agile and athletic, and manage their momentum with distinct foot plants and push-offs, bringing the authentic motion of professional footballers to FIFA 14.

Elite Technique
Harnessing the power next gen consoles, FIFA 14 delivers hundreds of new skills and behaviours, new types of shots like side volleys, deflections and first time screamers, and new types of passes, such as touch, over-head, slice and lobs as well as hundreds of new behaviours include trapping the ball in stride at pace, panic turns when defenders are beaten, off-balance shots, missed shot reactions, and more are a result of the massive increase in memory of the new consoles.

About the FIFA 14 new features, the Executive Producer David Rutter said that “FIFA 14 on next gen consoles will feel alive with players who possess human-like intelligence, reactions and instincts, players who move and behave like real athletes, and stadiums that buzz with electricity and excitement”.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom