Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

he grows to be 85 plus he is strong and a good finisher specially from long range i got around 15 goals and 20 assists from him but that is cuz the other sticker i had was extreamly fast the best part abt him is his long shots i think i got 10 plus goals from out side the box from him last reason considering he was not even 67 at the start of the season i say that is alot

Looked him up and he's 23 with an OVR of 83. His stats are insane: acceleration, sprint speed, stamina, strength, ball control, finishing and heading accuracy all in the mid-to-high 80's. He also has agility and jumping at 94 and 93 respectively - What a machine.

Problem is he's valued at £15,500,000. My current budget is £10,965,784 with the allocation set to 40/60, which I like to keep it at. So next season I'll maybe submit a bid.

Closing in on the end of the January window, and my only dealings so far have been to sell Polanski to Inter for a fee of £1,900,000; loan out Bell to this team that me, nor probably anyone else, has ever heard of; and the only arrival has been Teemu Pukki, the young striker from Schalke, on loan for the rest of the season; with the option to buy for a modest £3,000,000.

My main problem has always been my striking department but I now have a promising looking selection in the form of: Kevin Volland, Diego Rubio, Mario Gavranovic and Teemu Pukki.

Volland is a left-footed poacher (I have trouble using left-footed strikers for some reason), Diego Rubio is more of a well-rounded player and he could probably drop deep into midfield if I was short of options, still very much in development but he's growing pretty quickly. Gavranovic is an all out striker, carried the team for the very first season down in the second division. However, he's barely scored at all since I won promotion. Lastly Pukki (his name still cracks me up), has scored 2 goals in 2 games so far for me. Not only that but he's got good close control, he's got good pace to get passed defenders and he's often making sure the keeper is on his toes - Looking like a potential bargain at £3,000,000.

Looked him up and he's 23 with an OVR of 83. His stats are insane: acceleration, sprint speed, stamina, strength, ball control, finishing and heading accuracy all in the mid-to-high 80's. He also has agility and jumping at 94 and 93 respectively - What a machine.

Problem is he's valued at £15,500,000. My current budget is £10,965,784 with the allocation set to 40/60, which I like to keep it at. So next season I'll maybe submit a bid.

Closing in on the end of the January window, and my only dealings so far have been to sell Polanski to Inter for a fee of £1,900,000; loan out Bell to this team that me, nor probably anyone else, has ever heard of; and the only arrival has been Teemu Pukki, the young striker from Schalke, on loan for the rest of the season; with the option to buy for a modest £3,000,000.

My main problem has always been my striking department but I now have a promising looking selection in the form of: Kevin Volland, Diego Rubio, Mario Gavranovic and Teemu Pukki.

Volland is a left-footed poacher (I have trouble using left-footed strikers for some reason), Diego Rubio is more of a well-rounded player and he could probably drop deep into midfield if I was short of options, still very much in development but he's growing pretty quickly. Gavranovic is an all out striker, carried the team for the very first season down in the second division. However, he's barely scored at all since I won promotion. Lastly Pukki (his name still cracks me up), has scored 2 goals in 2 games so far for me. Not only that but he's got good close control, he's got good pace to get passed defenders and he's often making sure the keeper is on his toes - Looking like a potential bargain at £3,000,000.

yeah i forgot that you were 3 seasons in he is cheap in the first few seasons i bought him in the first season
to have noticed this thing that mostly expensive young players grow up to be great

So this is my first time posting on the FIFA side of these forums, I'm more of a PES player.

I started a CM with Crewe Alexandria. Board difficulty legendary. Their expectations are reasonable, looking for a mid table finish and handing me an initial £275,000 budget to work with.

My first step into the transfer market was to push all my budget into wages and also sell of the excess players from the squad and putting the proceeds again into the wages budget, the sales totalled near £1.5million including £500,000 for Shaun Miller and an extra £5,000 in wages for the loan of M. Clayton.

I then picked up 17 players from the Free Agents as listed below:

John Smith, 27 years old, Overall 77, Goalkeeper. Wages £2,000
Joseph Hu, 17 years old, Overall 56, Goalkeeper. Wages £7,000
Jefferson Oliveira, 21 years old, Overall 60, Right Back. Wages £1,250
Fillipo Capitanio, 18 years old, Overall 63, Centre Back. Wages £2,000
Simone Sini, 19 years old, Overall 63, Centre Back. Wages £2,000
Gianluigi Bianco, 22 years old, Overall 62, Left Back. Wages £1,900
Sergiu Suciu, 21 years old, Overall 64, Centre Midfielder. Wages £3,000
Andrea Doninelli, 20 years old, Overall 61, Centre Midfielder. Wages £2,000
Franco Semioli, 29 years old, Overall 69, Right Midfielder. Wages £2,000
Stefano Gunerti, 26 years old, Overall 75, Attacking Midfielder. Wages £7,000
Mauro Icardi, 18 years old, Overall 64, Striker. Wages £4,000
Bruno Fornarolu, 23 years old, Overall 65, Striker. Wages £2,000
Nnamdi Oduamadi, 20 years old, Overall 66, Right Midfielder. Wages £4,000
Jürgen Prutsch, 21 years old, Overall 62, Defensive Midfielder. Wages £2,000
Francesco Foresta, 18 years old, Overall 56, Left Midfielder. Wages £6,000
Diego Albadore, 22 years old, Overall 64, Striker. Wages £2,000
Linus Hallenius, 22 years old, Overall 64, Striker. Wages £2,000

A lot of those players I've signed simply to sell on at a later date, with values ranging from £625,000 up to £4.8million.

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation and the starting XI is:

GK Smith
RB Oliveira
RCB Capitanio
LCB Sini
LB Bianco
RDM Suciu
LDM Doninelli
RAM Semioli
CAM Guberti
LAM Powell (17 years old, 57 rated)
ST Icardi

My mate has been playing CM before me and has said that players take forever to grow, does anyone know how to fix that?
Also how will simming matches affect player growth, I don't like playing every single game on FIFA cause I'm more accustom to PES controls etc and tend to screw a lot up in games on FIFA, thanks for help :)

So this is my first time posting on the FIFA side of these forums, I'm more of a PES player.

I started a CM with Crewe Alexandria. Board difficulty legendary. Their expectations are reasonable, looking for a mid table finish and handing me an initial £275,000 budget to work with.

My first step into the transfer market was to push all my budget into wages and also sell of the excess players from the squad and putting the proceeds again into the wages budget, the sales totalled near £1.5million including £500,000 for Shaun Miller and an extra £5,000 in wages for the loan of M. Clayton.

I then picked up 17 players from the Free Agents as listed below:

John Smith, 27 years old, Overall 77, Goalkeeper. Wages £2,000
Joseph Hu, 17 years old, Overall 56, Goalkeeper. Wages £7,000
Jefferson Oliveira, 21 years old, Overall 60, Right Back. Wages £1,250
Fillipo Capitanio, 18 years old, Overall 63, Centre Back. Wages £2,000
Simone Sini, 19 years old, Overall 63, Centre Back. Wages £2,000
Gianluigi Bianco, 22 years old, Overall 62, Left Back. Wages £1,900
Sergiu Suciu, 21 years old, Overall 64, Centre Midfielder. Wages £3,000
Andrea Doninelli, 20 years old, Overall 61, Centre Midfielder. Wages £2,000
Franco Semioli, 29 years old, Overall 69, Right Midfielder. Wages £2,000
Stefano Gunerti, 26 years old, Overall 75, Attacking Midfielder. Wages £7,000
Mauro Icardi, 18 years old, Overall 64, Striker. Wages £4,000
Bruno Fornarolu, 23 years old, Overall 65, Striker. Wages £2,000
Nnamdi Oduamadi, 20 years old, Overall 66, Right Midfielder. Wages £4,000
Jürgen Prutsch, 21 years old, Overall 62, Defensive Midfielder. Wages £2,000
Francesco Foresta, 18 years old, Overall 56, Left Midfielder. Wages £6,000
Diego Albadore, 22 years old, Overall 64, Striker. Wages £2,000
Linus Hallenius, 22 years old, Overall 64, Striker. Wages £2,000

A lot of those players I've signed simply to sell on at a later date, with values ranging from £625,000 up to £4.8million.

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation and the starting XI is:

GK Smith
RB Oliveira
RCB Capitanio
LCB Sini
LB Bianco
RDM Suciu
LDM Doninelli
RAM Semioli
CAM Guberti
LAM Powell (17 years old, 57 rated)
ST Icardi

My mate has been playing CM before me and has said that players take forever to grow, does anyone know how to fix that?
Also how will simming matches affect player growth, I don't like playing every single game on FIFA cause I'm more accustom to PES controls etc and tend to screw a lot up in games on FIFA, thanks for help :)

I have a career with Plymouth going, which i'm sort of running simultaneously with my Mainz one.

Money is tight.

Haha, seriously i've been doing what you have by setting the sliders to all wages. I've just been signing free agents and getting in players on loan to help for the promotion push.

I'm into League 1 now and i've got a few million at my disposal (raised that from free agent and deadwood sales) but i'm too worried about wasting money on a bunch of flops so i'm trying to get players on loan with the option to buy after :P

It's actually ridiculous how little money you get for promotion. I finished the first season in League 2 in first place, yet I got about 30p for my efforts. It's insane :L

Well, secured first place in the Npower League 2 with 107 points managing 32 Wins - 11 Draws - 3 Losses - 93 Goals For - 28 Goals Against.
Icardi fired in 20 goals in an impressive debut season the tally is enough to finish joint 2nd in the top scorer charts by just one goal.
Semioli (14) and Guberti (12) made it a top two finish in the assists charts while Suciu (10) finished 5th.

Semioli also scored 14 goals goals in the season, not bad for a Right Midfielder playing RAM!
Guberti was also too much too handle for the league and even with missing 2 months with an injury he manage 16 goals and 12 assists.

At the back Smith didn't miss a game all year and managed 22 clean sheets and also (somehow) got 2 assists.

The board rewarded my winning the league with a MASSIVE £25,000 win bonus! At least I got manager of the year to make it worth while.

I did receive some interesting offers across Europe at the end of the season, including Austrian champions Salzburg and Italian Serie B side Sampdoria both offering triple wages to join them, however the foundation I had laid at Crewe was not going to build itself and so a second season with the boys looms.

This time around the board expects more, they've told me nothing but promotion will do and have allowed a budget of £425,000 to try and achieve this, it's lucky I have a few players to sell their combined market value is £4.4million plus the remaining deadwood from the original squad who's values total around £600,000.

Hopefully I can work with that total.. Mind you I do always have the £25,000 to fall back on if things get tough ;)

Simmed my way to the championship, got fired for being shit.. Excuse the language, started again with a different approach selling Powell and setting up a youth system. I love the youth system on this game! It's the one thing which makes CM bare able when compared to ML (that's my PES side talking ;))

Anyway, I loved to youth system so much I used a Budget Glitch on AFC Wimbledon and set up a 5* youth system an plan to use it to produce the best team I can, having this running alongside my serious CM to keep it interesting :)

Anyway, I loved to youth system so much I used a Budget Glitch on AFC Wimbledon and set up a 5* youth system an plan to use it to produce the best team I can, having this running alongside my serious CM to keep it interesting :)

Care to enlighten me on this money glitch? ;)

Care to enlighten me on this money glitch? ;)

It's based on creating players so can only be used in a new CM, and also mean you can't be on the leader boards for the CM you use it for.

Basically create a player rated 82 (pretty simple to do) but make sure he is born in October 1986! Then when you start up CM make sure you select "Current Customised" squads, the created player(s) are worth between £110-150million depending on how lucky you get, they're hard to sell so you may want to save at the start of the transfer window to ensure you can shift them ;)

Now I know you're thinking "well I could just make a 99 rated players and sell him" well, think this these players are only 82 rated and won't grow all that much maybe 4 or 5 so you're looking at a 87 player roaming the world making a little difference while if you made a 99 you'd have a superstar roaming and destroying.

Because of the customised squads thing you can't enter the leader boards so it's best to use this glitch "for a bit of fun CM" :)

Edit - it can be used for a serious CM cause they'll get put in Free Agenta if you download the latest squads, however with £80k wages you won't be able to do it with a bottom club!

Last edited:
It's based on creating players so can only be used in a new CM, and also mean you can't be on the leader boards for the CM you use it for.

Basically create a player rated 82 (pretty simple to do) but make sure he is born in October 1986! Then when you start up CM make sure you select "Current Customised" squads, the created player(s) are worth between £110-150million depending on how lucky you get, they're hard to sell so you may want to save at the start of the transfer window to ensure you can shift them ;)

Now I know you're thinking "well I could just make a 99 rated players and sell him" well, think this these players are only 82 rated and won't grow all that much maybe 4 or 5 so you're looking at a 87 player roaming the world making a little difference while if you made a 99 you'd have a superstar roaming and destroying.

Because of the customised squads thing you can't enter the leader boards so it's best to use this glitch "for a bit of fun CM" :)

Edit - it can be used for a serious CM cause they'll get put in Free Agenta if you download the latest squads, however with £80k wages you won't be able to do it with a bottom club!

Ahh now that does ring a bell, must have read it somewhere previously. I'm never on those leaderboard anyway, due to the fact I always customise the boots etc of a heap of players before I start a career (I have this undying hatred for tucked-in-shirts and black generic boots) - OCD is a bitch :P

This is also why I doubt i'll never be able to use the Youth Academy - the fact the players don't have faces and they all have tucked-in-shirts! Kinda annoying, especially when you promote this dude and he's bald and shit, thus resulting in the appearance of a forty-year-old (no offence to people with conditions)

But anyway, I guess I could go a lower league team and pretend they've been bought over by a 'Qatari Sugar Daddy', could be fun.

Thanks for sharing ;)

Decided to use that money glitch and try out 'The Sugar Daddy Approach'.

Went with West Ham, plumped them into League 1 just for more drama haha, and bob's your uncle.

Here are the dealings so far:

IN

Alex Smithies
Jack Hunt
Jake Bidwell
Matty James (On Loan from United)
Michael Morrison
Danny Ward
Joe Mattock

OUT

John Carew
Faubert
Daniel Potts
Gary O'Neil
Guy Demel
Frank Nouble
Robert Hall
Frederic Piquionne...

Thankfully Real Madrid came knocking for my created player (Lucas Gonzalez) for a small fee of £123,000,000 :P

Anyway, as you can see i'm investing in a young british set of players with high potential. I'm not going to go crazy and buy every player under the sun; no one decent would sign for me anyway :L

Decided to use that money glitch and try out 'The Sugar Daddy Approach'.

Went with West Ham, plumped them into League 1 just for more drama haha, and bob's your uncle.

Here are the dealings so far:

IN

Alex Smithies
Jack Hunt
Jake Bidwell
Matty James (On Loan from United)
Michael Morrison
Danny Ward
Joe Mattock

OUT

John Carew
Faubert
Daniel Potts
Gary O'Neil
Guy Demel
Frank Nouble
Robert Hall
Frederic Piquionne...

Thankfully Real Madrid came knocking for my created player (Lucas Gonzalez) for a small fee of £123,000,000 :P

Anyway, as you can see i'm investing in a young british set of players with high potential. I'm not going to go crazy and buy every player under the sun; no one decent would sign for me anyway :L

Madrid picked up my guy as well! £120million,I spent about £30million on scouts, began my scouting networks and then began a world wide search for talented youngsters to sign up now: (I've finished the first year already, won the league with 108points)
Playing with a 4-3-3

I can't put a spoiler in cause I'm on my phone and don't know how to do it but I'm posting season 1 to season 2 growth and I have Smithies so if you don't want it ruined avoid the keeper!

Smithies: 67/71 +4 growth

Flanagan: 68/70 +1 growth
Denswill: 64/66 +2 growth
Bruno Uvini: 65/68 +2 growth
Haïdara: 65/67 +2 growth

Toko: 67/70 +3 growth
Praet: 64/67 +3 growth
Klaassen: 65/67 +2 growth

Raman: 62/65 +2 growth
Araujo: 67/69 +2 growth
Bayran: 67/70 +3 growth

In the second season I picked up a new LW from the free agents Jordan Lukaku 18 years old 62 overall, he came up on the "One for the Future" news things so can't be too bad

Along with having to put wages up to sign so many players the total cost came in somewhere between £30-35million

So I was left with about £60million to place entirely on focusing on my youth team and playing scouted players :)

In my serious CM with Crewe I won the league 2 in first place in my first year, then secured promotion in my second year via a second place finish.. And my exploits with the club didn't go unnoticed! Super rich Manchester City came in offering me £52k a week to manage them and with the funds they have at their disposal it was never going to be easy to say no.. So I didn't!

My first year wasn't easy Roberto Mancini had left the club in a state, selling stars David Silva, Gael Clichy, Aguero, Tevez and Kompany whilst only bringing in Wesley Sneijder to replace them.

I managed a 4th places finish after adding Benatia, M'Vila, Maher, Amorebieta and Rhodes.
We also won the Europa league, not bad for a club in tatters..

My second season began well, I further added Gotze, Hummels, Van Persie and Lucas after being forced to sell Nasri by the board, I also added a few younger players to the squad.
We won the Copa Europe vs Bayern Munech thanks to goal by Gotze and Maher after Kroos had opened the scoring for the Germans

In my serious CM with Crewe I won the league 2 in first place in my first year, then secured promotion in my second year via a second place finish.. And my exploits with the club didn't go unnoticed! Super rich Manchester City came in offering me £52k a week to manage them and with the funds they have at their disposal it was never going to be easy to say no.. So I didn't!

My first year wasn't easy Roberto Mancini had left the club in a state, selling stars David Silva, Gael Clichy, Aguero, Tevez and Kompany whilst only bringing in Wesley Sneijder to replace them.

I managed a 4th places finish after adding Benatia, M'Vila, Maher, Amorebieta and Rhodes.
We also won the Europa league, not bad for a club in tatters..

My second season began well, I further added Gotze, Hummels, Van Persie and Lucas after being forced to sell Nasri by the board, I also added a few younger players to the squad.
We won the Copa Europe vs Bayern Munech thanks to goal by Gotze and Maher after Kroos had opened the scoring for the Germans

Where's Heskey? :COOL:

And back to my Mainz career: there's only 3 games to go 'til the end of the season and i'm sitting top of the table, 4 points clear of Bayern.

I plan to freshen up my squad in the summer, I'll be looking to sign:

A Striker to replace Gavranovic
A Right-winger to replace Risse (need more flair)
A Left-winger to replace Muller

I also might sign a couple of fullbacks, not sure on that one...

I'm trying to defeat my OCD and use the youth system. I've actually got some promising looking players in my academy :CONFUSE:

I promoted a couple of players into the first team squad recently, mainly for back up (little short on numbers due to injuries, suspensions etc). I gave this guy called 'Unger' his first game against Borussia Dortmund (could've picked easier opposition I know), he's a 16 year old winger. He actually did pretty well, almost scored, and created a number of chances :SMUG:

UPDATE: I won the Bundesliga and was awarded with a tasty sum in the region of £13,000,000. The board decided to give me a healthy £30,000,000 to splash around in the market for the following season (prize money included).

With this cash at my disposal, I set to work on replacing the crappy 'no hope' players with cheap, yet classy players with good potential.

IN

Marco D'Alessandro (RW) - £5,000,000
Ben Sahar (ST) - £5,000,000
Lucas Rupp (LW) - £3,500,000

Total: £13,500,000

OUT

Mario Gavranovic - £1,900,000
Marcel Risse - £3,100,000
Nicolai Muller - £1,600,000
Andreas Lamas - Released
Christian Wetklo - Released

Total: £6,600,000

I've still got a further £23,000,000 odd to spend. Not sure if I should replace my second choice fullbacks Seoane and Bhasera. They barely get a game as it is, don't want to spend money on someone who's just going to sit on the bench 24/7. Bhasera is the only one who moans anyway. Seoane is cool with it.

I think my midfield is looking pretty good, no real need of bolstering. My wingers are also looking good now, along with my strikers. My goalkeepers are decent and my centre halfs are doing well. The only real weak point is my fullbacks but I don't want to buy players that'll stunt the growth of Montoya and Schulz :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Aww crap! Lost a year and half cause it's crashed! Since the Euro DLC it's become a lot more liable to crash on me, used to it crashing on UT but on the menus of CM fuck, excuse my French.

Aww crap! Lost a year and half cause it's crashed! Since the Euro DLC it's become a lot more liable to crash on me, used to it crashing on UT but on the menus of CM fuck, excuse my French.

That's why you should save very often :CONFUSE:

Started a career as brazilian side Atletico Paranaense. Never been a brazilian team before, due to no champions league but I thought I should give it a go for a change. Did the money glitch so with the allocation sliders set to 70/30 I have just under £100 mil - not bad. I'm also trying to have as many Brazilians in my team as possible :COOL:

It's never happened for me before, I could accidentally turned it off somehow.. It's fine, gave me a chance to restart the career and in that time with Crewe I've won League 2 and the Johnstones Paint Trophy and an currently top of League 1 with 7 games to go.. And my 2 star scour has found me a potentially brilliant striker, 72-91 potential after 3 months in the youth squad, I've probably cursed it now and next repor he will be potential 72-79

Hi there. Been reading through some of you guys' stories. Very interesting.:)) I'll start one with someone tonight.
But yeah, I will update soon. I play on professional but I usually win 3-0 or so, I may have to use Placebo's sliders and go up to world class if I'm too good first season.

Last edited:
trmmember when i first started to play on lengedary i got beaten really really badly but with time it got better and all i had to do was to concentrate on the deffence alot cuz the computer was not forgicing if i had a lack of concentartion
at the start the only way i cound win was getting two fast strickers and only play counter attacking per it got alot better after a day or two and i could normal fball and g sed to it
now i give teams like united and chelsea a very hard time wile playing with in my cm mode with macifiled united

Into my third season with Bristol City. First season we finished a poor 17th with Wet Spam absolutely smashing the Championship apart with 110 points! Lucky enough my late winning streak kept me in the job. Stand out players for me that season were:

Jon Taylor - Loaned from Shrewsbury Town with a choice to buy (which i did)

Augustien - Dutch CM bought from Swansea and was a rock playing as a CDM all season long

David James - Decided not to retire after the end of the season! thank god as he had a cracking season :APPLAUD:

Albert Adomah - This guy was truly special for me keeping me in some games single footedly! Played as a CAM for some time as well. :WORSHIP:

Theo Robinson - Brought him in from Derby to add a bit of pace upfront. Grabbed 7 goals in 5 games and then per usual goes and gets a 3 month injury. :RANT:

Second season started much brighter with a massive 10 game unbeaten run which ended abruptly with an away loss to Blackburn who's top scorer Odemwingie scored all 4 goals :CONFUSE:

The season ended with a huge dip in form that left us in 10th position, 4 points off the promotion places. Odemwingie ended up being the league's top scorer with a healthy 24 goal return.

I managed to bring in some great players who i thought could really help with our push fro promotion in the coming campaign's:

Jannick Vestergaard - This young lad at 6ft 5 is an absolute lump at the back and he had a good season with a nice 5 goal return.

Daniel Majstorovic - Another lump at the back but with an experienced head on his shoulders. He slowly became my captain with some inspiring performances.

Shittu - Do not let his name cloud your judgement. A steal on a free from QPR, great in the air and can still run at his tender age of around 32! Another player with experience!

Giefer - Young keeper from Leverkusen, Slowly getting to grips with english football and has increased his overall by 3 in 2 season's! now 70 OVERALL. Was a bargain at 900k and is only 22 years old.

James McArthur - Perhap's one of the best technical players i have ever bought on fifa 12. Bought this lad from Wigan for 1 mil and he has formed a great partnership with Augustien in the centre of the park. He can pass, tackle and shoot as well as any player on my team and he adds so much quality to my play. At the tender age of 25 now he really is looking at becoming a great player. Already had offers from Everton and Stoke for 3 mil which i hastily turned down.

Rogne - Potentially my most exciting prospect of my defence. Was bought from Celtic at the age of 19 for a large amount considering his age and experience of 3 mil. Can play as RB/LB but primarily is a CB. However i really rate him as a tough tackling fullback. He has risen 4 overall in just one season to 71 and i can't wait to see him develop into a fully accomplished fullback.

Fraser Fyvie - My West Country Paul Scholes! Bought him for 2 mil from Aberdeen and stuck him in as my CAM. (not his natural position of CM) Small like scholes but his vision and work rate are second to none. Especially in this division! At times he bosses the opposition's defence by making himself seemingly impossible to tackle. Very excited to see him perform and grow in his role.

Sean Murray/Gael Bigirimana - Two young players i bought from Watford and Coventry. Loaned them out to Aldershot and MK Don's respectedly and they both grew slightly. Not sure if i like the way bigirimana plays but i feel Murray will add something to the squad. He already reminds me of Fraser Fyvie who is only 3 years older than him.

Now in my third season after 5 games i am currently in 8th position with a healthy 2 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses's. However West Brom knocked me out of the second round of the league cup. The highlight so far was a highly anticipated first round leg at home to the GAS (bristol rovers). A great game where we fell behind to a Mustapha Carayol goal just before half time, but the lads came out in the second half all gun's blazing! And we scored two goals in quick succession and won the game. The board after a succesful season last year were eager to sign me up for another year and have requested a high league finish and to reach a decent cup level in either the league cup or F.A cup!

I had to sell Albert Adomah who was my best overall player in the squad and also the last surviving original city player as he felt his time was up at the club which i quietly felt positive about as it freed up some wages and space in the squad. A quickfire sale to Hoffenheim for 4.6 mil instead of his 2.2 mil valuation was a great piece of work! And i quickly put that money to good use.

Sam Baldock - Wet Spam who were now a mid table premier league team were eager to offload him so they settled for a cut price of 1.1 mil for Sam which i was very happy with. He teared it up in pre season and so far in 5 games he has 4 goals!

Florian Kainz - A young replacement for Adomah on the RW from Sturm Graz. Another good piece of work at a price of 2 mil instead of 2.5! But so far he has proven in effective but at an overall of 70 at his age of 21 I can see a bright future for him with a 5 year deal :COOL:

Leonardo Bittencourt - A young promising centre midfielder to hopefully add a bit of security if McArthur is prised away by the big boys come christmas and summer. Tender age of 20 and an overall of 68 can only add some much needed stability and insurance to an already established midfield setup. So far he has played average but another lad i have faith in.

Darren Maatsen - An absolute steal at 200k! SBV Excelsior didn't play him so after he absolutely tore my full backs apart in pre-season i looked into buying him. Speed of 91, Acceleration 92, Agility 89 and a Speedster icon makes up for his 65 overall! This guy can really run and even at his height of 6ft 1 really adds so much for me on the LW!! Look him up! :SMUG:

Nice to people are still going with their CMs :)

I fancied a change from the EPL so started a new CM with Dortmund, mainly because it's a young team, so thought my VP would fit in well.
I've also decided that if a "bigger" team offers a decent amount for a player I'll accept, as IRL players would be tempted.

I didn't make many changes to the team at first, as I didn't know many players so thought I'd learn about them first (kind of ironic now that a lot of them are involved in Euro 2012).
The only big departure was Mats Hummels. On the first transfer deadline day Barcelona came in with an £18m offer. I didn't want to sell him as I wanted to keep the partnership with Subotic going, so rejected it. 3 offers later, and a deal was done. I couldn't say no to £48.5m, even if it did leave me short on CB cover!
Managed to stay near to Munich in the table, and after using some of the Hummels money to strengthen several areas, went on to win the league with 1 game in hand. I brought in:
P.Bojic - cheap & trusted RB/CB
S.Kjaer - on loan to buy
S.de Vrij - young CB, mainly to have 4 decent CBs in the team
Ogude - DM recommended by fellow Evo'ers
A.Buttner - seems to be a habit thanks to Placebo!

At the end of the season I had offers from Real Madrid, Man City, PSG & Lyon. Without doubt the best offers I've ever had in a CM, but turned them all down...

Next up, second season!
Another defender, Felipe Santana, is on his way after becoming unsettled, so signs for another German team(!) Teams have come in for over players, and with the added European games this time around, phase one of an overhaul is about to start...
Out go midfielders Grokreutz, Perisic, Kehl,& da Silva, along with striker Barrios (£18m to Spurs, thank you very much). Sold both goalkeepers as well, so have about £70m to work with.
Summer signings were:
S.Mignolet - GK. £5.5m
G.Nielsen - GK. £0.5m
Pedro Mendes - CB. £1.7m (highly recommended by me)
C.Ansaldi - RB/LB. £8m (awesome stamina & good pace)
S.Peszko - LM/RM. £6m (impressed for Cologne, & needed cover on wings)
N.Oduamadi - RW. £free - lightning fast winger. Could sell if it doesn't work, but good so far.
D.Beckham - £free. Couldn't help it, a legend for free!
B.Sigurdarson - ST. £6.5m Powerhouse with some pace.
Welliton - ST. £24m! Fancied a marquee signing (even though I hadn't heard of him!)

Starting to get a nice lead at the top of the Bundesliga, and made it through to the knockout stage of the Champions League (after a shaky start, my group had Inter, Atletico & Anderlecht). Lewandowski picked up a bad injury, so Welliton stepped up to become no.1 striker with 20 goals in 15 appearances.

So far, so good. Well, until Kagawa announced he was unsettled, and kept on talking to the press ahead of the Winter Transfer Window. I was happy to let him move on and put him up for transfer (valued at £24m, so hoping to get that or maybe a bit more if a bidding war started), but the board decided he must go as soon as possible as sold him to Man Utd - spooky! - for £21m on the 1st January, without me having a chance to see any offers.
Never mind... Instead, enter Keisuke Honda as his direct £21m replacement. He isn't assured a starting place yet though, as Mario Goetze & my VP have formed a good partnership behind the lone striker.
He did play a big part in knocking Barcelona out of the CL though, so it's a good start! It was Barca's fault - they left Hummels on the bench for both games (yes, the player who cost them £48.5m!), opting for a Pique-Kompany pairing. Wellinton embarrassed both of them, scoring 4 goals in a 5-2 aggregate win.
Bayern Munich are up next, but after pulling off that shock I think winning the trophy is now the target.

I've probably bored you all now, but will return when I've finished the current season :)

In case anyone wanted to know, this is my current squad:
GK
01 S.Mignolet
13 G.Nielsen
41 J.Focher - loaned out
DF
02 J.Koch
03 S.De Vrij
04 N.Subotic
05 Pedro Mendes
06 S.Kjaer
24 C.Lowe - loaned out
26 L.Piszczek
28 M.Hornschuh - loaned out
29 M.Schmelzer
30 C.Ansaldi
35 P.Bojic
38 L.Sobiech - loaned out
MF
19 *my VP*
07 M.Leitner - loaned out
11 M.Gotze
14 S.Peszko
16 J.Blaszcykowski
21 I.Gundogan
22 S.Bender
25 N.Oduamadi
33 K.Honda
36 F.Ogude
37 D.Beckham
39 A.Buttner
ST
09 R.Lewandowski
10 Welliton
17 J.Mbakogu (promising & worth a look. cost £1.2m)
43 B.Sigurdarson

Buttner!

I don't actually have him in my current CM, as it's my last one before fifa13 (unless something bad happens!) I'm trying to go with players I've not signed before.

It was an impulse signing!
Actually he isn't getting much game time so might let him move on / loan him out. I wonder if he'll be as handy in 13...

Help! I have several Academy players in a Celtic career I've been playing, and also across my other CM's, but I can't loan any of them! I checked around other forums and there's only one explanation that the 16 year olds can't be loaned, but not even when they turn 17 are clubs bidding.
I've only successfully loaned one player out of 12 at Celtic and a 2 across the others!

Any suggestions or am I going to have to put up with it!

It was an impulse signing!
Actually he isn't getting much game time so might let him move on / loan him out. I wonder if he'll be as handy in 13...

Well I've no idea how good he really is/isn't in real life but I noticed that from Fifa release data to the January transfer window update he got a bit of a bump (and was even changed from LB/LW to LW/LB I think?) so maybe he's been performing well in real life? :)

Back
Top Bottom