Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

How can you bid for a player on loan, as in, How can you send a loan offer?
I hear a lot of people talkin' about loan with option to buy and I don't know to get someone on Loan to Buy Option. How do you do this?

THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP

OVERRATED SCOUT PROSPECTS
I sent a [4-star Exp./5-star Judg.] scout to France for playmaker [the next Nasri?] and he brought back these two guys I really liked; Jeremy Dossevi and Pierre Aliadiere [ring any bells?]
BREAKDOWN
Jeremy Dossevi: CURRENT OVR: 56-67 POTENTIAL: 82-91 POSITIONS: CM, CAM, LM.
Pierre Aliadiere: CURRENT OVR: 57-69 POTENTIAL: 79-88 POSITIONS: CM, CAM, RM, RW.

Not wanting them to be lured away, I sign them and before you know it, I promote them[with 3 year contracts and £900 per week].

Go to squad reportand I see Dossevi[A scouted player] at 66 OVR
and Aliadiere at 69 OVR: already better than some of my loaned-out reserves is this just a fluke ot has this happened to any of you?

Let me know what you think of this and offer any suggestions.

I'm impressed at FIFA 12: In FIFA 11 almost all the reserve players wore goddamn EA sports boots and you had to edit all of them,
This year, I even forgot to dot his before I started and almost all my reserves have real [mostly NIKE CTR360 and adidas adiPure IV] boots standouts are:
G. Kakuta - Yellow Mercurials :D
M. Mitrovic - David Beckham Predators B-)
R. Lukaku - Suarez F50s

Ironically though it seems:
1. Danny Sturridge of all people is wearing GRAYEA Sports Boots
2. Oriol Romeu is wearing White EA boots

Other than that The rest are kitted out with authentic cleats.

P.S. Sorry if my blabbing irritated you :)

Just get it on PC - Then you can edit all this afterwards with all the different mods - Creation Master 12, Revolution Mod, Graphic Switcher...... I could go on :-)

Well, my serious CM has been ruined. After a season at Swansea I moved to Sunderland only to discover that I can't stand their kits. Neither does a good job of being easy to distinguish from the opposing team if they're in white. So I've started a moneybags CM with Nottingham Forest in light of recent events.
You could always just make the other team were their away kit so both of you would be in away kits

OVERRATED SCOUT PROSPECTS
I sent a [4-star Exp./5-star Judg.] scout to France for playmaker [the next Nasri?] and he brought back these two guys I really liked; Jeremy Dossevi and Pierre Aliadiere [ring any bells?]
BREAKDOWN
Jeremy Dossevi: CURRENT OVR: 56-67 POTENTIAL: 82-91 POSITIONS: CM, CAM, LM.
Pierre Aliadiere: CURRENT OVR: 57-69 POTENTIAL: 79-88 POSITIONS: CM, CAM, RM, RW.

Not wanting them to be lured away, I sign them and before you know it, I promote them[with 3 year contracts and £900 per week].

Go to squad reportand I see Dossevi[A scouted player] at 66 OVR
and Aliadiere at 69 OVR: already better than some of my loaned-out reserves is this just a fluke ot has this happened to any of you?

Let me know what you think of this and offer any suggestions.

This has happened many times to me, problem is you could have a player with 69 current overall but only 85 potential.

You should wait till current overall is at a difference of 4 and future potential is 6..

How can you bid for a player on loan, as in, How can you send a loan offer?
I hear a lot of people talkin' about loan with option to buy and I don't know to get someone on Loan to Buy Option. How do you do this?

THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP

When you make an offer just change the settings on the offer page, no offense but there's so few options it's really hard to miss!

This has happened many times to me, problem is you could have a player with 69 current overall but only 85 potential.

You should wait till current overall is at a difference of 4 and future potential is 6..

Forgot to mention, You should also wait till a player only has one position left, in fact have I misunderstood your post, have you actually found players who can play more than one position after you have signed them up?

YES! Just knocked out PSG and The Board gave me a £2,500,000 bonus [I know it's not much but regarding the circumstances of my qualification I thought I was down and out]

In other news, Lampard has now dropped by 2 [85 now :(] but the following guys have increased:
Greg van der Wiel +1 [83 now]
David Luiz +1 [86 now, especially quick considering when I started he was 82, and this is just halway through 2nd season]
Gary Cahill +1 [85 now: before I started I edited him from 78 to 82(who says edited players don't grow?)
Sven Bender +1 [83 now: he was also edited mind, from 78]
Ramires +1 [82 now: started from 79]
Thibaut Courtois +2 [78 now: also very fast (only 5 appearances)]
Rhys Taylor? +2 [63 now: must be built-in 'cause he hasn't featured for me yet]
Ryan Bertrand +2 [72 now]
Rom Lukaku +2 [81 now]

Thankfully I see all my loaned out have improved by 3! (season loans since August, this is February)

P.S. sorry for long Post :)

BTW, Benaglio usually keeps for my Champions League but I'm in the 1/4 finals now, and so Cech has to take over; So to make it up to him[Benaglio] he will play the League match after every Champions League match.

Problem solved B-)

Forgot to mention, You should also wait till a player only has one position left, in fact have I misunderstood your post, have you actually found players who can play more than one position after you have signed them up?
Oh no, that was in the Scouting Report screen, not when I signed them :)

When I signed them one was only a CAM and the other was only an RM

ooohhh.... I'm giving Jeremy Dossevi [a scout pick] his debut he's really not that handsome =D

AND HE WEARS WHITE AND BLUE EA Boots!!!!! >:O

anyway lets see what his 66 OVR can do for me as I'm playing him in a holdin' role beside another reserve

BTW is it true the only way they can grow is if you play them in their exact position?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

ooohhh.... I'm giving Jeremy Dossevi [a scout pick] his debut he's really not that handsome =D

AND HE WEARS WHITE AND BLUE EA Boots!!!!! >:O

anyway lets see what his 66 OVR can do for me as I'm playing him in a holdin' role beside another reserve

BTW is it true the only way they can grow is if you play them in their exact position?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

They grow better when played in position, because they would be utilising their specific stats for their position, however they can develop playing other position as well.

Please what's the best Budget Allocation for A healthy Transfer and Wage Budget in 5-star team? [apart from obvious 50:50]?

Also, Please do Youth Players Skill Moves upgrade, 'cause I'm worried at the Two stars that glare when I look at my Scout pick's attributes

:SHOCK:

Last edited:
[Sorry If I'm being a pest, and if you've noticed this before]

I was playing a League match in February and the match was billed as "Overcast" by the pre-game menu; but while I was playing it started raining! Is this bug or is it realistic weather system

P.S.
Interesting to note that some players with differing weather attires [e.g Long Sleeve in the Rain, or Gloves in snow] wore their normal jerseys and are now soaking wet.

The commentators even talked about the bad weather :)

LOL Just took a corner, Subotic goes for it gets knocked out by Paddy Kenny's fist!

Last edited:
Youth Players (as of yet) have not ever improved skill moves for me.. And I have plenty of experience of youth players :P

I decided basically to play out my FIFA days as United manager, and my first buys were 3 scouts, Benatia, Llorrente and Montolvio.

Currently top the league after 10 games, with form picking up after Rooney returned from a 2 month injury picked up in pre-season and fired 4 goals in 5 games in all competitions including both in a 2-0 win vs City, all this while Llorrente has picked up 5 goals in 11.

My game's Champions League is rather true to life
the first 1/4 finals are:
Barcelona vs Chelsea[me]
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid
AC Milan vs Arsenal
Inter Milan vs Marseille

:SHOCK:

So I'm about to to play the final game of the season, 2 points behind Man City who have played all their games.. Only a win will do, Giggs is playing his final game as a United player on the left had side.. Maybe it's his day to show why he's a United Legend.. Maybe it's fate..

That happened to me last season only with Chelsea instead of City. It's a bit annoying they can't have everyone playing at once. Once I finished a season but 2nd place had two games left to play!

That happened to me last season only with Chelsea instead of City. It's a bit annoying they can't have everyone playing at once. Once I finished a season but 2nd place had two games left to play!

I know what you mean, it can take away (or add to in this case) the drama..

Oh, and the result A nervy 90minutes vs Sunderland sees Spanish Goal Machine Llorente head home a Giggs corner in the 30th minute, to give us the lead in the title race and the match, then 3 minutes later Bendtner gets in after a poor Rafael challenge gives Sessegnon room to pass and the score stands at 1-1 come half time.

Desperate for the win I replace the newest addition Lassana Diarra with Paul Scholes for more creativity in the middle and Llorente goes off to a standing ovation as Hernandez adds pace up front.
The curse of never making a change before a corner strikers me however as immediately Bendtner heads home after beating Scholes in the air to leave us 2-1 down and a game to chase, as United fans look heartbroken.

Sunderland look to try and shut up shop towards the 70th minute as they bring on Cattermole for Gardner in the 67th minute and for 10 minutes the game is a cagey affair, before the ball pops out of a scramble caused by a Hernandez shot to Wayne Rooney to equalise the game and leve United needing just 1 more goal to win the title..

The Red Devils go into the turbo mode in the last 3 minutes, managing to spray 8 shots on target, before a late throw on the left hand side is taken quickly by Evra to Giggs, who skins Bardsley and plays a low ball back to the edge of the area where Montolvio is waiting with a first time smash past Bramble, beating a squirming Mignolet and hits the post..

.. Some things you just can't write, and when Giggs sets up the opener and the Goal which wins the game and League in one go on his final game.. It's just fate ;)

I have taken the decision this season to retire both the number 7 and 11 shirts, in honour of the legends behind the numbers, until a player comes through the ranks who I feel is deserving of the legacy.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, it can take away (or add to in this case) the drama..

Oh, and the result A nervy 90minutes vs Sunderland sees Spanish Goal Machine Llorente head home a Giggs corner in the 30th minute, to give us the lead in the title race and the match, then 3 minutes later Bendtner gets in after a poor Rafael challenge gives Sessegnon room to pass and the score stands at 1-1 come half time.

Desperate for the win I replace the newest addition Lassana Diarra with Paul Scholes for more creativity in the middle and Llorente goes off to a standing ovation as Hernandez adds pace up front.
The curse of never making a change before a corner strikers me however as immediately Bendtner heads home after beating Scholes in the air to leave us 2-1 down and a game to chase, as United fans look heartbroken.

Sunderland look to try and shut up shop towards the 70th minute as they bring on Cattermole for Gardner in the 67th minute and for 10 minutes the game is a cagey affair, before the ball pops out of a scramble caused by a Hernandez shot to Wayne Rooney to equalise the game and leve United needing just 1 more goal to win the title..

The Red Devils go into the turbo mode in the last 3 minutes, managing to spray 8 shots on target, before a late throw on the left hand side is taken quickly by Evra to Giggs, who skins Bardsley and plays a low ball back to the edge of the area where Montolvio is waiting with a first time smash past Bramble, beating a squirming Mignolet and hits the post..

.. Some things you just can't write, and when Giggs sets up the opener and the Goal which wins the game and League in one go on his final game.. It's just fate ;)

I have taken the decision this season to retire both the number 7 and 11 shirts, in honour of the legends behind the numbers, until a player comes through the ranks who I feel is deserving of the legacy.
Great ending man, You and Giggs really deserved to win it.
First,
In my first season all the final day games were at the same time because during half time they showed the scores of 9 other matches....maybe, they rescheduled yours due to a Champions League Final or some thing

Second,
Does anyone think that the game chooses a specific super-huge stadium to host the Champions League [Champions' Cup] final like in real life?

Placebo, I have to say I've been playing FIFA with the standard setting for a whole now.. The whole game had felt stale because of it offline.. I finally decided to use your sliders today an; they've made a HUGE difference! The game actually feels worth playing offline now, thanks :)

In fact they've inspired me to start a Shrewsbury CM and actually play the games! Man I love you.. Yes like that.

Last edited:
I'm guns start a season with my created club with just youngsters (no players are over 20)
Anyone done this before and what is it like

Hey guys, finally back on fifa :SMUG:

Loaded up my Mainz career, I have unfinished business there :P

My squad is actually pretty decent, definitely got more firepower than I remembered: Patryk Malecki, Marco D'Alessandro, Zoltan Stieber and Lukas Rupp on the wings and Ben Sahar, Teemu Pukki, Diego Rubio and Kevin Volland as my strike force. Also, we then of course have my little german messi in the form of Moritz Leitner, who puts it all together.

Played a match away to Bayern Leverkusen, won 2-1 thanks to two Diego Rubio goals (one being a lasp gasp winner in the 90th minute). He's turning out to be some player! especially compared to when I first signed him a couple of seasons ago, plus he's still only 21 :BOP:

I can't believe I signed this Rupp guy though - I wanted a left-footed winger, and i'm sure I checked his foot preferance but clearly not... he's right-footed. :CONFUSE:

He's kinda crap anyway so i'll probably sell him on as soon as possible...

UPDATE

Mainz 1 - 1 Chelsea (Champions League)
Mainz 2 - 0 Schalke (Bundesliga)
Hertha 0 - 1 Mainz (Bundesliga)
Celtic 0 - 0 Mainz (Champions League)
Mainz 1 - 0 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

So on a bit of a decent run at the moment, and with a current position of second in the table with 20 points from 9 games, i'm fairly chuffed. It's weird how I always seem to be playing more cautiously in europe too :L hence the draws. I was piss poor against Celtic, I only managed about 3 or 4 shots on goal :CONFUSE: Still second in my group though, so it's under control :SMUG:

Ben Sahar is causing me some problems though - he cannot score. That is actually a lie because he has scored (2 goals from 7 league appearances). Now that alone is a pretty poor record so far, but the only goals he has scored have been from deflections which leave him with an open goal.

Every. Single. Time; he is through one-on-one with the keeper he either pings it wide, it hits the post/bar or it's a weak effort which is pounced upon by the keeper (this could just be me of course haha, but I usually bury those chances). I feel as though he can be really good though, I mean he's fast (he's got great acceleration), he's got good control and his finishing isn't even bad (statistic-wise), I think it's 76... if my memory serves me correctly.

So I was wondering if any of you have signed him before? I was thinking maybe I could get the best out of him with a change of formation maybe - I play a variation of a 4-3-3; it's more of a 4-1-2-3 really, with one deep lying midfielder and two advanced. I then have two wingers and one lone striker forming the trident up top.

Last edited:
I'm guns start a season with my created club with just youngsters (no players are over 20)
Anyone done this before and what is it like

I tried that out, but for some reason the game would lag and generally just run really slowly when I was surfing through the menus etc. Also the badge seemed to be smaller and of a different orientation to the other proper badges.

Both of these things annoyed me immensely so I gave up with it lol, although they may have patched it... I know what you're thinking... but it's possible right?... I mean... there's a chance it's been fixed... >.>

Anyway, hope you have better luck with yours :SMUG:

I think I'm done with this year's iteration. It's too easy with big teams and, for whatever reason, I can't enjoy it with lower league teams.

well, i´m not sure if posted before, because i wont read 50 pages to search, but Fifa 12 career mode in year 2020 sucks big time. There are bunch of old timers playing in top clubs...aka Messi, Cech and all the other stars from the "past". That means your team - example i signed for Barcelona and there is almost complete team from 2012 exept Messi who signed ManCity in 2013 and still plays there. Those guys are in late 30´s...and there is no chance to sell them and replace them with youth players. Why? First...if you want to buy some young players - forget it, because the youngest players available are 25-26 years old, and just few of them in all DB are worth it to buy, but there is no young (even fictional) players development,not even those who came through youth programs. One more thing to mention...in my first season i bought young perspective player Bokye. I tryed to buy him every time when i switched club... and succeed it, but ehn he reached 77 in few years, since then no progress, like he stopped development at age 25. Well, that´s all... and is very annoying if you want to play longer careers, because you can only play with veterans...:RANT:

This Shrewsbury CM has kept me occupied or a while.. Completing a season and a half, with minimal simming.. In the first season I won the league as Cristea top scored with 30 goals in 42 appearances, bizarrely the 'My Career' option in the menus is showing me as having placed 2nd despite clearly saying League titles: 1 on the first page..

Both seasons has seen a a core built on loan players, a system I do not regret as so far this year loan star Paco Alacer has managed to score 20 goals and I have no doubts that he can compete at a higher level, unfortunately that won't be with Shrewsbury.

My bargain buys so far have to be:
Lewin Nyatanga signed from Bristol City for £625,000
The 24 year old, 6ft 2inch Welsh Centre Back has been a rock in my League 1 campaign and played well above his 69 overall suggests.
Brilliant tackling and marking stats are backed by relatively quick speed stats, meaning he can easily slot in down he left in times of need.

David Marshall signed from Cardiff City for £1m
At 28 the 6'3" keeper is coming into the prime of his career, and at 73 overall his price tag is a very good steal.
Having helped shore up a shaky Shrewsbury defence following the forced departure of John Smith the Scotsman is a contender for the captaincy next year should the current skipper Cristea follow up his intentions to force a move elsewhere come August.

Andrei Cristea picked from Free Agents
A Romanian Centre Forward picked up on a free with no great reputation has managed to forge his name into Shrewsbury history with his performances over the last two seasons, crashing home a total of 43 league goals and counting so far.
His desire to improve has however led to a rumour that he may look for a move elsewhere come the transfer window, however should this be the case then the fans here will still remember all he did for them.

Paco Alácer loanee from [club unknown; will edit it in later]
While the 19 year old spainard will return to his parent club this summer, he has to be considered a star of this year, crashing 20 goals so far he looks set to be the league top scorer, as previously mentioned he is a rising star and will be big, however we are resigned to losing him as his value continues to rise.

Now it's time for the dud signing, I don't normally make mistakes with who I buy, and I don't like when I do.
Yet some how I picked up a player who can only be considered as Norways answer to Andy Carroll.

A. Søderlund, at 6'5" his strength lies in the air, and yet he hasn't scored a headed goal all season, he has dragged many a shot wide of the post and manage just 4 goals in 22 appearances.
At £1.5m he cost a fortune, and I will look to recoup as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom