FIFA 10

Polish official game site says (in translation) "Game will be presenting live in 75 days" so... Fifa10 playable at gamescom.

It's not for any version, they're all released October 2nd.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9091979/FIFA-10/Product.html

Due for release on 02/10/2009

You're not just going by Play.com are you? They make up release dates for fun, just so they can put stuff up on the site. All this really means is that they think it'll be out in October, as it usually is.

That said, I really doubt FIFA 10 will be out so soon, if the game was 50% complete in April.

You're not just going by Play.com are you? They make up release dates for fun, just so they can put stuff up on the site. All this really means is that they think it'll be out in October, as it usually is.

Ordinarily I wouldn't trust any online retailer's release dates, but considering Play.com are linked to from the EA site as the only official online retail partner to EA I'm assuming they'll be somewhat correct ;)

fifainformer.jpg

June 5th: New Exclusive feature online now.

Exclusive Fifa 10 Gary Paterson: Creative Director Fifa 10 360/PS3

interviewed @ EAC Vancouver

http://www.fifainformer.com/

The third of our series of exclusive Fifa10 interviews.

Gary talks about gameplay, manager mode and online.

i don't know if this has been posted, fifa10 is looking promesing so far

FIFA 10 website is up
by Nanny » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:32 am

Ok, so the site is now up ... http://fifa.easports.com/enGB/home.action

and now it says "FIFA 10 kicks off in 75 days" what does this mean? Has the date August 19th?

and here are the features list in EA's own words:

INNOVATIVE PLAYER CONTROL

360º DRIBBLING

The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game gives you precise control to skillfully play spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.

INNOVATIVE PLAYER CONTROL

SKILLED DRIBBLING

Advanced animation warping technology lets skilled players face defenders and maneuver around them with highly-responsive lateral dribbling, just like the game's legends.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

PHYSICAL PLAY FREEDOM

Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing allow for a less predictable yet extended fight for possession, resulting in more realistic battles between the dribbler and his defender .

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

PLAYER URGENCY

Improved Urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

IMPROVED TRAPPING INTELLIGENCE

Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

ADVANCED POSITIONING

Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. In attack, players analyze space more effectively, curve their runs to stay onside, create

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

MORE ACCURATE PASSING

Players better analyze space, resulting in pinpoint passes that give their receivers more options and time to outrun defensive pressure.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

AUTHENTIC SHOOTING

Refinements to the shooting system and tweaks to the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

VARIED DEFENDING OPTIONS

Slide tackle targeting has been improved so good players have more reach and avoid tackling through the dribbler. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker. Effort, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, will give the defenders more tools in order to prevent goal scoring opportunities. Balanced by less forgiving standing tackles, defending is now a more tactical skill in FIFA 10.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

REFINED GOALKEEPING INTELLIGENCE

Various improvements mean that goalkeepers now have a better perception of where to intercept loose balls and how urgently to do so, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, allowing for more variety in scoring. Refinements to the current goalkeeper behaviors, adding some new behaviors (like swatting the ball from the goal line) and general AI enhancements will improve his effectiveness across the board.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

RESPONDING TO GAMER FEEDBACK

With over 250 million games played by the FIFA community, listening to the feedback and addressing gamer frustration has become a key part of the FIFA strategy. Better balance on lofted through balls; improved goalkeeper intelligence; more realistic shooting physics with less shots hitting woodwork; realistic sprinting and movement animation; refined off-side and advantage rules; and a more immersive football experience through continuous play and quick free kicks are just a few of the issues raised and addressed in FIFA10.

AUTHENTIC MANAGER MODE

AUTHENTIC MANAGER MODE

With over 50 improvements, FIFA 10's new Manager Mode is as close as you can get to running a team without actually being named to the job.

AUTHENTIC MANAGER MODE

MATCH REALISM

Calculated minute-by-minute, Manager Mode lets you make decisions based on your team's strengths and weaknesses including player performance, strengths of lines and strategic formations.

AUTHENTIC MANAGER MODE

AUTHENTIC TRANSFERS

Truly realistic transfers are made using logic based on multiple decision factors including finance, prestige, career prospects, other players' involvement and competition from AI clubs.

AUTHENTIC MANAGER MODE

BELIEVABLE PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

Just like on an actual team, the growth curve of your star players is based on multiple factors such as their playing environment and the demands placed on them.

AUTHENTIC MANAGER MODE

IMMERSIVE FOOTBALL WORLD

Manager Mode takes you deep inside the world of football with formations and squads determined by match importance, real-time week-by-week transfers and transfer event summaries that promote bidding wars.Nanny
Ballboy

FIFA 10 Q&A with EA Sports 3/06/2009

FIFA 10 has just been unveiled, and while we’ve had a quick kick around on the beautiful game already, we wanted to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and inside the game engine that makes EA’s effort this season worth the upgrade. We sat down with the producer of FIFA 10, David Rutter, to find out what features made the team, and what flaws from FIFA 09 have been sent for an early shower this time.

What would you say is the most noticeable improvement in FIFA 10 over FIFA 09?
Last year’s tackling system was vastly too powerful in a number of situations. You could just press the button and chase the guy around and eventually you’d get a tackle in, and if you didn’t do that, you’d be really bad at the game. I want the timing of tackles to be more important, and that’s what were doing with it: we’ve got a really good tackling system because you’ve got to time it well. Why have you got to time it well? Because you’ve got to incorporate the momentum of the players. This year is a lot of nuance, a lot of detail, the sum of all the parts being put together. Now we’re at a real high quality level game, and to get above that requires a different way of thinking about things.

Do you think Pro Evolution Soccer will ever have a chance of catching up?
I don’t know if they’ll always be chasing us, or we’ll always be chasing them. What I’ll say is that we’ve got this very large gameplay team focusing on making a good playing game. That remains unchanged, the same amount of people, the same amount of time, the same amount of effort. They’re still doing the same stuff and work their bottoms off. I’m absolutely certain that even if Konami [The publisher of PES] didn’t exist, they’d still be working that way. If you like video games, you’re a football fan, then you’re a competitive person, so everyone who works at the studio is both of those things, and they’re at the top of their game.

What would you say is the biggest innovation so far in FIFA 10?
Last year you had eight directional play with relatively predictable outcomes to physical interactions, and the sprint button. This year you’ve got a totally analog control system, 360 degrees dribbling. You can go anywhere you want at any speed, with skilled dribbling. To be able to allow players like Cristiano Ronaldo to be able to sprint very rapidly, stop the ball, change direction and beat defenders in one on one situations is something I think Cristiano Ronaldo should be able to do in our games, and now he can.

You come from a Championship Manager background. Is there a reflection of that in the FIFA 10 management mode?
There’s not necessarily a reflection but certainly some experience. I’m not the only person who was there. We’ve got quite a few people from simulation and football management games. For me, the important things in a football management game are, one, that matches that come out of the engine are realistic, have authentic scorelines that have been calculated from the input of the players and the formation. If that doesnt happen there’s no point in having the mode.

Advertisement - article continues below »

The second part that’s very important is the transfers. If you can’t give someone the tools to feel they’ve actually won in a negotiation with someone in the game then there’s no point in doing transfers either, both of those things are crucial. That’s where the vast majority of our efforts have gone.

The third part is if I am training a player. If I’ve bought this 17 year old, I don’t know if he’s going to be any good. He needs to develop appropriately as a player, so that’s your long term pick, because eventually you should be able to play in manager mode beyond the scope of footballers from when the game starts.

Do you think there’s enough in the FIFA 10 management mode to attract football manager fans?
In FIFA? No, not at the moment. If you’re into football management or Champ Man, you are at a different level than we can currently deliver in FIFA. I think that long term we can certainly try and get to that level. But the other side of the coin is that I think our simulation of football is pretty good, so that’s where our experience lies. We should be allowing you to play the game in a different way, if you want to play in control of just one of the players on the pitch you can, if you want to control the transfers, you can.

What new online features do you have planned for FIFA 10?
We’re not really talking about online stuff just yet, but suffice to say last year we had 10v10 which was a big success, and a load of other things as well. What I will say is that there has been response to feedback, and there’s been a lot of feedback on the online game modes. That’s all been compiled in to a very long list and that’s something that hopefully in the very near future I can start talking about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
thanks to fifasoccerblog quick update;)

Hmm I fear MM mode is not going to be deep enough for me but at least we can assign kit numbers again, though I was not bothered it had gone TBH and thank god we have full weather and day and night in there now...

FIFA 10 Q&A with EA Sports 3/06/2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------
thanks to fifasoccerblog quick update;)

If you nick someone's text you should at least include a direct link to the source ;)

No to mention the fact it's 2 day old news in here, try searching in future....

Mirror Q&A:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2009/06/03/fifa-10-q-a-with-ea-sports-115875-21411625/

You come from a Championship Manager background. Is there a reflection of that in the FIFA 10 management mode?
There’s not necessarily a reflection but certainly some experience. I’m not the only person who was there. We’ve got quite a few people from simulation and football management games. For me, the important things in a football management game are, one, that matches that come out of the engine are realistic, have authentic scorelines that have been calculated from the input of the players and the formation. If that doesnt happen there’s no point in having the mode.

The second part that’s very important is the transfers. If you can’t give someone the tools to feel they’ve actually won in a negotiation with someone in the game then there’s no point in doing transfers either, both of those things are crucial. That’s where the vast majority of our efforts have gone.

The third part is if I am training a player. If I’ve bought this 17 year old, I don’t know if he’s going to be any good. He needs to develop appropriately as a player, so that’s your long term pick, because eventually you should be able to play in manager mode beyond the scope of footballers from when the game starts.

Do you think there’s enough in the FIFA 10 management mode to attract football manager fans?
In FIFA? No, not at the moment. If you’re into football management or Champ Man, you are at a different level than we can currently deliver in FIFA. I think that long term we can certainly try and get to that level. But the other side of the coin is that I think our simulation of football is pretty good, so that’s where our experience lies. We should be allowing you to play the game in a different way, if you want to play in control of just one of the players on the pitch you can, if you want to control the transfers, you can.

Last edited:
Could do with being spoilered, took me half an hour to get this far down the page ;)

Hmm I fear MM mode is not going to be deep enough for me but at least we can assign kit numbers again, though I was not bothered it had gone TBH and thank god we have full weather and day and night in there now...

Yup same :(

I can only hope that it just seems like it's merely a shallow update simply because they can only talk about 3 elements that have been improved right now transfers/realistic scores/player growth and there's still a lot more to come. They do say 50 improvements, although considering last year it was 250? That they wouldn't release in an actual list form you wonder how substantive all those 50 will actually be.

I've read a few things about MM that make me think it's more than just the main 3 mentioned above.

I recall reading about better use of squads from the CPU but I don't remember where - think it might have been in this thread that I'm following on the EA site:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...10-my-first-impression-part-1-a-new-post.html

A good q&a with someone who went to Vancouver but there's a load of stuff to skip if you try catching up with it now!

Yup same :(

I can only hope that it just seems like it's merely a shallow update simply because they can only talk about 3 elements that have been improved right now transfers/realistic scores/player growth and there's still a lot more to come. They do say 50 improvements, although considering last year it was 250? That they wouldn't release in an actual list form you wonder how substantive all those 50 will actually be.
The 250 last year were improvements across the entire game though weren't they? I think this year the one major gameplay change (360-degree control) encompasses so much tweaking and alteration that it's a bigger change than the 250 minor ones in FIFA 09, so having 50 adjustments to MM as well is great IMO and certainly more than we got last year.

I've read a few things about MM that make me think it's more than just the main 3 mentioned above.

I recall reading about better use of squads from the CPU but I don't remember where - think it might have been in this thread that I'm following on the EA site:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...10-my-first-impression-part-1-a-new-post.html

A good q&a with someone who went to Vancouver but there's a load of stuff to skip if you try catching up with it now!
From what I've heard I'm very impressed, the whole interaction with the players gives it the building blocks of Football Manager as far as I'm concerned. Only being able to get players who would realistically come to your club, development of young players depending on you giving them the right blend of experience and the right teammates, all that kind of stuff and more. To me that's all it needs (bar the bug fixes), and for the first year of development I think that's fantastic. It's not Football Manager yet but they reckon that within three years it's going to be as close as possible. Bearing in mind that two of the main guys have worked on both Championship Manager and LMA Manager I've got every faith in them.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with MM if:

The transfers were a bit more realistic (confirmed)
No more silly player growth (confirmed)
Day/night matches and weather (confirmed)
AI is less frustrating/more realistic to play against (not enough proof yet)

So all I want now is to see someone play against the AI and it not have lightning reactions/perfect defensive line/perfect passing all the time, then I could finally enjoy a single player mode.

There seems to be very little talk on BAP Seasons, it is probably just the same 4 season rubbish with very few features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob, not playing against CPU teams that are on their last legs from the first minute due to no squad rotation is a 100% necessity for me to enjoy this mode more.

The 250 last year were improvements across the entire game though weren't they?

Yes of course, but as more than one journalist observed, some of the "250" improvements were so tenuous at best they really didn't merit inclusion in such a list and it explains why EA never released this list publicly.

And yes you're right I've also read that the AI supposedly will rotate their squad based on fatigue and match importance, I hope they also take into account future matches, like Man Utd at home to Burnley on Saturday then away to Juve in the ECC on Wednesday so they rest their stars on Saturday, rather than facing Juve on Wednesday with a weak squad because those from Saturday are fatigued.

And yes you're right I've also read that the AI supposedly will rotate their squad based on fatigue and match importance, I hope they also take into account future matches, like Man Utd at home to Burnley on Saturday then away to Juve in the ECC on Wednesday so they rest their stars on Saturday, rather than facing Juve on Wednesday with a weak squad because those from Saturday are fatigued.

I reckon there's more chance of you becoming an invited lifetime president of fifasoccerblog than this (very valid) change being seen this year.

:LOL: You never know, but hopefully the fatigue system is massively improved anyway so that they can play a few first-team players in the league game. Don't write off Burnley, they're my new second-favourite Premier League team. ;)

I'd forgotten about the fatigue system actually, it needs huge work from last year.

You MM people should be happy they say they have a three year plan for that mode, you begin to sound greedy :SMUG:

For example I would say Clubs is way more popular so if they put more time in MM you should be thankful. Personally, if I'm going to be greedy too, I want them to focus on BAPS and Clubs. A realistic BAPS could be a dream come true for me.

True enough, perhaps it is a bit greedy - but all modes will be improved, I'm sure.

You MM people should be happy they say they have a three year plan for that mode, you begin to sound greedy :SMUG:

Greedy? Bollocks.

MM in Fifa 08/09 on 360/PS3 has been the same as Fifa 05/06 on PS2 (except for the things they keep taking out of course), even with the same damn bugs as well from version to version.

Back
Top Bottom