FIFA 10

bollocks.jpg

Greedy? Bollocks.

MM in Fifa 08/09 on 360/PS3 has been the same as Fifa 05/06 on PS2 (except for the things they keep taking out of course), even with the same damn bugs as well from version to version.

No I know, I didn't mean to upset you, it was more of a joke.

:LOL: You never know, but hopefully the fatigue system is massively improved anyway so that they can play a few first-team players in the league game. Don't write off Burnley, they're my new second-favourite Premier League team. ;)

I'd forgotten about the fatigue system actually, it needs huge work from last year.

Yeah the fact it never effected the AI was a real pain, they sprint from start to finish...

One thing I'm looking forward to is the tweaked collision/jostle, and I hope we see more free ball than the 'has to fall to an AI player 98% of the time' we have now, it seems every clearance drops straight to an AI player too, the ball just never seems to be free enough...

and I hope we see more free ball than the 'has to fall to an AI player 98% of the time' we have now, it seems every clearance drops straight to an AI player too, the ball just never seems to be free enough...

I read that was fixed Nick.

You MM people should be happy they say they have a three year plan for that mode, you begin to sound greedy :SMUG:

For example I would say Clubs is way more popular so if they put more time in MM you should be thankful. Personally, if I'm going to be greedy too, I want them to focus on BAPS and Clubs. A realistic BAPS could be a dream come true for me.
i focus on BAPS and especially realistic ones

I'm pretty sure more people play MM than Clubs.

Not really fussed on Clubs to be honest, it all seems a bit elitist for me and not something you can dip into. I'd love a more fully-featured BAPS though.

Whatever happend to the team fatigue/moral they had in 07? I thought that was usefull seeing the opposition "hanging" on whilst at the same time know when you are under the cosh and need to keep it tight. It also had a dynamic effect on players individual fatigue, playing crap and under a lot of pressure and you couldnt sprint as long, yet the captains/fighters had that extra bit to keep it level. Made you look at the top players to help you out of the rut. Havent really noticed the same effect in 08 and 09.

Manager mode is more important for me. Any football game should have strong offline modes, manager mode and training mode being the core and these should be given priority over online modes in my opinion. It seems to me EA have focused on the online modes first before addressing issues with the core game, but then I guess that is the way gaming is going.

I think 10v10, clubs, BAP and UT is just gimmicky crap of no interest to me (I know I will be alone in this opinion) when EA should have been dealing with the many basic offline issues with Fifa.

If you nick someone's text you should at least include a direct link to the source ;)

No to mention the fact it's 2 day old news in here, try searching in future....

oh ok my bad did't mean to bring old news:FAIL: i will keep reading as always

I think 10v10, clubs, BAP and UT is just gimmicky crap of no interest to me (I know I will be alone in this opinion) when EA should have been dealing with the many basic offline issues with Fifa.

In the words of Wacko Jacko - you are NOT alone :-)

Manager mode is more important for me. Any football game should have strong offline modes, manager mode and training mode being the core and these should be given priority over online modes in my opinion. It seems to me EA have focused on the online modes first before addressing issues with the core game, but then I guess that is the way gaming is going.

i agree with what your saying about MM, it is the single most important offline mode there is on FIFA! i'm glad they're improving it, but it looks like it'll be another year or 2 before it really shines (3 year plan).

but i do think that clubs and baps are a big part of the game to, i think clubs represents football more realistically, even though it does need some drastic changes to make it more enjoyable and baps is good for a change, but once again needs alot of work.

UT on the other hand i do think is a gimmick and is the worst mode on a football game i have ever played.

SoccerGaming are reporting August 19th as the release date - it would explain why the community day was held so much earlier this year, but it would be a major surprise. I don't think they've had official confirmation from EA so we're bugging them as I type.

The Tranmere chairman has just sacked a manager who got us to within a point of the League One playoffs, so excuse me if I'm not on as often today. Bastards. :(

SoccerGaming are reporting August 19th as the release date - it would explain why the community day was held so much earlier this year, but it would be a major surprise. I don't think they've had official confirmation from EA so we're bugging them as I type.

Hmm. When I go to the official site and choose any other location than GB (like Germany or teh Netherlands) the counter says: "Get a preview at the Gamescom in Cologone in 75 days" and "Interactive Preview in 75 days". It wouldn't make any sense teasing a preview when it's the actual release date now, would it?

(Look, Ma, I'm in a FIFA thread!)

Re: release date - I agree with Tom.

And.

AND

AND!!!!

The Charity Shield is dated 9th August therefore the English Premier League starts 15th/16th which would coincide quite pretty nicely with 75 days from now.

Hmm. When I go to the official site and choose any other location than GB (like Germany or teh Netherlands) the counter says: "Get a preview at the Gamescom in Cologone in 75 days" and "Interactive Preview in 75 days". It wouldn't make any sense teasing a preview when it's the actual release date now, would it?

(Look, Ma, I'm in a FIFA thread!)

Looking forward to FIFA 10 Tom... ;)

Most definitely I do, Nick! :)

edit: Coming to think of it, maybe it's the date for a demo release?

This was just said by a mod on the EA forums who has been trying to confirm what the timer was about all day:
The count down is referring to the Köln Gamescon event and is not the demo release date or the release date of the full game.

Following on from my last post, now this has come about (confirmed by several Spanish-speaking EA forum dwellers):

[On the Mexican version of the FIFA 10 site it says] "El Demo de FIFA 10 sera disponible en"... 075 dias, so that means the demo is coming that day or EA of Mexico make a mistake jejejeje

So to make an educated guess, it will be at Gamescon AND a demo will be released on the same day. But nothing is confirmed yet, we're still trying to get a response from Vancouver.

Following on from my last post, now this has come about (confirmed by several Spanish-speaking EA forum dwellers):

So to make an educated guess, it will be at Gamescon AND a demo will be released on the same day. But nothing is confirmed yet, we're still trying to get a response from Vancouver.

Chris, get on the blower to EA and sort the buggers out... :LOL:

What improvements and changes would you like to see in BAP clubs?

the kind of things i would like to see is if they ditch the idea of selecting a ready made club like arsenal to play as and instead create your own club with there own custom strip etc.

Also, have the ability to create your own player and choose one or two positions you can play in and either have all stats the same ie all 85 overal OR have a method taht allows your custom BAP player to actually earn and BUILD your stats like in a RPG game.

for example, if you practise and shoot from long range most of the time, then your stats for long range shooting would be higher then the other skills you have practised.

This mode really as the potential to use some RPG element to it.

Another thing i would like to have is the ability to join a game thats in progress already. if my club is playing a match and i decided to join them, i would simply be put on spectator mode/bench and wait for the captain/manager to sub me into the game.

I would also like if we can play friendlies with a specific club as well. impossible to do so in fifa09.

One more idea i have is intergrating fifa 10's dressing room into ps3's Home. instead of having a chatroom acting as a dressing room for all members to meet up, why not have a seperate fifa10 Home space mimicing an actual real dressing room where you can move around with your avater etc and automaticly launch a bap club session right from there?

What are some of your thoughts? This mode has the potential to be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom