FIFA 10: Ultimate Team

I am constantly struggling for coins. I have the Milan badge and Home and away kit, but would gladly swap them for a celtic kit which is hard to come by.

Maybe I should be doing more wheeling and dealing :)

Its all about getting a lucky with a Ronaldo or Messi in a Gold pack and flogging them for silly coins. Then you've got around 150,000 coins and then your sorted.

Anyone have any Coins they want to get rid of ;)

I have managed to get a all gold team with 75-80 rated players which also have a 4-1-2-1-2 formation so my chemistry is 72 which is pretty good

Now i am looking to improve the players but with me only getting 400-600 a game the contracts are taking there toll meaning im not able to save much

Any help would be appreciated :)

had a quick look at this lasnight

enjoyed all the 5 online games i played, won them all

but i didn't notice where you see who has what contract left or fitness etc?

debating buying it as i probably won't give it much time but it i enjoyed what i played of it on the trial

That free gold pack glitch has messed things up for everyone cuz for that brief period, getting coins was as simple as glitching a free pack and then discarding the whole pack straight away for a minimum of 1000 coins (sometimes 2000, all depends on the value of the pack). So now after the glitch was "patched" up, theres too much money out there so cards have very inflated values. I saw Ronaldo go for well over 1 million coins. Messi and the new updated Rooney card go for almost as much as Ronaldo too.
I really hope EA reset everyone's squads and everyone starts from scratch. I guess the only problem with that would be all the packs that people legitimately paid for and how they'd be refunded. But something needs to be done cuz the people who got left out of the "glitch scandal" are really suffering.

had a quick look at this lasnight

enjoyed all the 5 online games i played, won them all

but i didn't notice where you see who has what contract left or fitness etc?

debating buying it as i probably won't give it much time but it i enjoyed what i played of it on the trial

I'm enjoying it as well

Playing with lesser players has got me playing Fifa properly again and i'm playing football how it should be with passing and movement galore and some of the build up to my goals has been the best i have ever done on the game

Its especially satisfying when your playing some nob who just tries to use through balls, skills and shot fakes all the time and you just murder them with your passing and snuff them out in defence

Also it seems as though there are alot of similar players on this who play the same way which may work against people but it definitely don't against me

Is there fatigue between games? The commentators keep going on about my small squad and how my players will get tired but I can't find anywhere that says how fatigued they are and they all seem to start games with full stamina.

Is there fatigue between games? The commentators keep going on about my small squad and how my players will get tired but I can't find anywhere that says how fatigued they are and they all seem to start games with full stamina.

Yeah, same answer for Bitter.

When you are at the squad screen use the right stick to flick through the stats like Moral/Fitness etc.

You might start the game with everyone on green, but take a look at half time and you will see the guys that are struggling.

I have not played too much, and only have a few quality players. Robbie Keane and McGeady in midfield, and an Aussie strike pairing of HArry Kewell and Scott Macdonald up front. My chemistry is crap though.

I think you need to spend a bit of time trading to make some coins.

The line of commentary about it being a small squad blah blah is majorly fucking annoying, it's a small squad because you bloody set a 23 player limit FFS!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 ;)

So how often do you guys rest your players? I rest mine when they dip into the 80s but it seems like they're only playing 2-3 games at a time.

UT needs a few fixes before I start caring again and they're not even that hard to implement. For example, when cups have restrictions (eg. only silver cards, or max 3 players from one nation, etc), they should also limit the amount of assistance on controls. So the easy 1 star cups can have all assisted while the more rewarding cups should force you to play on manual.
Another suggestion is limit the amount of cards you can apply to a play. I've seen people give very average players loads of stat boosts to the point where they're like Lionel Messi. Almost makes it pointless collecting the more valuable cards.

I've got a fairly decent team (Henry, Kaka, Saviola, Joaquin, Robben, Hargreaves, Mascherano, Cannavaro, Lucio, thats a strong team, right?) but got my ass kicked by a guy on assisted controls who was using a bunch of nobodies with stat boosts.

Up to 210,000 Coins purely from trading now, aiming for Qtr of a million but it's getting tough, will take me at least another week I reckon :(

Once you get to 2 million, spend it all on the new 94 rated Messi that just got released. :LOL:

Up to 210,000 Coins purely from trading now, aiming for Qtr of a million but it's getting tough, will take me at least another week I reckon :(

Can you give me some tips on how you get your cash from trading?

All i'm doing atm is playing St Patricks day cup games for 500-1000 coins a game then buying a gold pack which for me always seem to have 4 shit players in so i'm getting nowhere

I did manage to win the cup though for 10000 coins though and that took me ages which all the wonder teams out there

You just have to have a good eye for a bargain. I just picked up Bosingwa 30 mins ago for about 1,500. I'll hopefully get about 7,000+ for him when I sell him.

What I personally do is decide on a player and then narrow your search down so that he's the only one that'll come up. Take Messi for example. For him I'd choose Argentina for nationality, forward for position and Barcelona for club. When you do the search, you'll be surprised how much the prices vary. You'll probably start off with the normal prices but then scroll a few pages across and hopefully you'll find something cheap.
It's almost weird how in one search I saw a player for a 10,000 buy it now price tag but in that same search I saw someone bid 25,000 for the same player somewhere else. I guess people just dont spend enough time to look and take the first thing they see.

You just have to have a good eye for a bargain. I just picked up Bosingwa 30 mins ago for about 1,500. I'll hopefully get about 7,000+ for him when I sell him.

What I personally do is decide on a player and then narrow your search down so that he's the only one that'll come up. Take Messi for example. For him I'd choose Argentina for nationality, forward for position and Barcelona for club. When you do the search, you'll be surprised how much the prices vary. You'll probably start off with the normal prices but then scroll a few pages across and hopefully you'll find something cheap.
It's almost weird how in one search I saw a player for a 10,000 buy it now price tag but in that same search I saw someone bid 25,000 for the same player somewhere else. I guess people just dont spend enough time to look and take the first thing they see.

I do a lot of that already when i come to buy players but i never buy just to sell so i guess that's my next step

I did a few weeks ago ;) Buy top4 kits/badges at low prices and sell on for higher buy nows, ie you buy Arsenal kits for 150 and sell at 650-750 buy now :)

I have had quite a few kits/badges like Real ect but they only seem to be going for 150 judging by how many is on the market

Ill have to grab the top Prem ones and see what happens

Real kits/badges sell for shit, if you looked you would see there's pages and pages of them so common sense says not to buy them as they have zero resale value, you need to spend a little time first looking at which kits/badges are less common, look for those that people are selling with silly buy nows, pick up some bargain ones for 150 then undercut whatever the lowest buy now is, set it to 12 hours and you're almost certain to sell for the buy now, doing this as I said I've earned 210,000 coins since UT came out :)

Real kits/badges sell for shit, if you looked you would see there's pages and pages of them so common sense says not to buy them as they have zero resale value, you need to spend a little time first looking at which kits/badges are less common, look for those that people are selling with silly buy nows, pick up some bargain ones for 150 then undercut whatever the lowest buy now is, set it to 12 hours and you're almost certain to sell for the buy now, doing this as I said I've earned 210,000 coins since UT came out :)

I didn't buy the Real stuff i got it in a pack and when i did check for how much they go for there we loads on there

Ill have a little browse later for some rare stuff, i think the 12 hours and buy now idea is the reason i'm not getting much for my stuff as i only put on a starting price and 1 hour on the stuff i list

Well yeah that's likely, too short people will bid low and get cheap, too long and people will leave a small bid and not get tempted with the buy now.

My team is coming along nicely now and the next players i am buying (Casillas, Kaka, Lucio) i will need to save quite alot of coinage for

My lineup

Alder 85 (bought)

Vidic 86 (pack)
Silva 80 (bought)
Yobo 8? (bought)

Cambiasso 85 (bought)
De Rossi 86 (pack)

Robben 81 (bought)
Wright-Phillips 79 (bought)

Tevez 86 (pack)
Pato 87 (bought)
Klose 8? (bought)

Was the patch they released for chemistry? That's what someone said the other day. Has it done fuck all?

The patch was only released on PS3 as far as I know. The problem was that chemistry only made a difference offline and had very little influence online. Personally I think chemistry shouldnt stop you from winning if you're good enough, but thats just me.

I've noticed huge amounts of difference playing on fully manual with an 100 chemistry team against same star rated teams with 30-35 chemistry. It really affects how my team move and his team seem to muscle & sprint to every ball before mine. It's frustrating to play and it stinks of Fifa Clubs, which I got bored off too.

Back
Top Bottom