FIFA 10: Ultimate Team

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Needs its own thread really.......

So been spending some time with it, really like the new UI, minimalistic yet I think I found everything I need, two questions:

1. Why no Tyldesley and Townsend? Don't get me wrong I really do like Tyler/Gray but expected that like last year we'd get all new commentary?

2. Offline tournaments, why am I forced to play them on stupid skill levels like amateur? Why can't I choose my own level eg World Class and actually enjoy a challenge?

Needs its own thread really.......

Offline tournaments, why am I forced to play them on stupid skill levels like amateur? Why can't I choose my own level eg World Class and actually enjoy a challenge?

Played about 6 games so far and have to say I think it is much better than the pervious version.

Once you work it out you can find things easy enough and the multiple squads thing is great too. I also like the new cups where you have to meet a certain criteria to play in them. e.g. min 8 players from one country etc.

I like the fact that you cant change the level, I think some folk would just do all the tournaments on a really crap level just to get coins.

Not bad for £3.99 anyway.

When a players contract ran out last year the player would simply vanish, is it know that he remains in your squad until you renew his contract?

I like the fact that you cant change the level, I think some folk would just do all the tournaments on a really crap level just to get coins.

Obviously they shouldn't let us lower the skill level from that of the tournament, but if we actually want to make it harder why on earth shouldn't we be allowed to do so? I don't even care if it earns me no extra coins but winning 5-0 on amateur is tedious to the extreme :(

It also seems really geared up now to make people buy packs with MS points, there's no collectors album to earn coins and there's no last second bidding to get really great deals on cards you can resell or whatever you choose, extending the bidding every time there's a bid in the last 10 seconds is an extremely pathetic idea IMO.

CHEATERS ARE ALREADY BACK ! Yeaaaaaaaah.

A 2 stars teams with 11 85 overall players...

That seems impossible! Still we're talking about EA doing things fair... so maybe it's possible.

Or they trained their players with 85 cards?

Loving it though.

Cards only last one game.

I just lost 2-1 in the semi-final of a tournament, was 1-0 up as well. Finding it hard to leads on fully manual.

Anyone recognise the pic?

whothatbe.jpg

Because it sure doesn't look like Sean McAllister of Sheffield Wednesday to me :(

0,,10304~3557130,00.jpg

seanmcallister.jpg

seanmcallistert.jpg

They did the same bloody thing again in UT10 despite me reporting it directly to them last year!

Gotta love how Fifa handles rain/overcast games online. It comes down to this;

Assited > Manual. Right, let the kid win.

Does UT alter the gameplay in the regular game in any way? Can the UT celebrations be done in the normal game etc?

Ultimate team has sucked me back into FIFA, even tho I have a lot of issues with it and haven't played with months... they've made some significant improvements to it and I love the team building aspect so I gave in... but I have a question (had the same q last year)

What happens to your chemistry when you make a formation change/subs in game? It seems they go through a lot of effort to make sure u don't change ur formation in game (the only chance you get to change it at all is after the game starts) and of course the interface of the game is different so you can't see how any changes effect your chemistry.

So, do we know if it does anything at all? For example if I were to to a completely different formation, would it do anything? If I subbed players I wanted into other positions, would it matter? I would hope yes, but it seems like it's impossible to know...

Chemistry makes no difference at all. Mine is 100% and I get destroy most of the time.

Through balls, run, run, run, lobs. Through balls, run, run, run, lobs.
Every game are the same. Most people are pathetic on this mode.

Tell me about it. Mind you My team played better when the chemisty was low!! They are crap with 100%! Still same old stupid Fifa

Through balls, run, run, run, lobs. Through balls, run, run, run, lobs.
Every game are the same. Most people are pathetic on this mode.

That goes for every aspect of the fifa online experience. Proper football is not the key to winning, and 80% of the crowd puts winning way ahead of football. If there was an option to turn on superman boost as long as you accepted an electric shock from your controller everytime you scored.....You would see a lot of jumpy kids around

Oh and it makes me so angry that people can't do 1 on 1 and do taps in even with Rooney and Co.

That goes for every aspect of the fifa online experience. Proper football is not the key to winning, and 80% of the crowd puts winning way ahead of football. If there was an option to turn on superman boost as long as you accepted an electric shock from your controller everytime you scored.....You would see a lot of jumpy kids around

It's not limited to Fifa, it's the same in PES, hell it's the same in just about every multiplayer game, the vast majority want to win only and don't care how they do it, they will cheat, glitch or basically play as "cheap" as necessary to win, yes there are a percentage of good people out there who only play online for the experience and will try to "keep it real" if you'll excuse such a banal expression but they're a clear minority.

This has got me back into Fifa again

Hopefully people dont spoil it early by having teams full of world class players

I'm on it constantly but solely for trading, I've played only 19 matches or something, by buying low and selling high with mostly top 4 kits/badges I've earned 120,000 in coins so far :) No idea what I'm going to do with it all, only player I need now is Michael Gray and then I have the whole Sheffield Wednesday squad :)

Oh and for those that haven't heard, EA have had to remove the facility of buying packs with MS points as people have discovered you can make it glitch and get the packs for free by quickly removing your wireless adaptor and putting it back in again, shame they don't remove this facility completely for both 360 and PS3 and never bring it back.

I'm on it constantly but solely for trading, I've played only 19 matches or something, by buying low and selling high with mostly top 4 kits/badges I've earned 120,000 in coins so far :) No idea what I'm going to do with it all, only player I need now is Michael Gray and then I have the whole Sheffield Wednesday squad :)

I got the Barca kit in a gold pack and thought it would be worth something but its worth sweet FA

What do you make money off? I need help because i need coins :LOL:

I started wrong though and didn't bother with the formation or chemistry and just kept saving for gold packs and that turned out to be a shambles. So now i have had a reshuffle and am playing a match, getting 500+ coins and then buying a gold player to fit my formation and its working alot better

Back
Top Bottom