FIFA 10 NG Improvements Thread

ugh no thanks. If it's an option than sure but don't force manual players to press an extra button just to pass the ball.

Of course not! Manual settings will still be there. I'm talking about an equivalent to PES' manual pass stick but for all actions, not ditching manual altogether.

I was reminded last night of my own personal pet hate when the CPU scored a last minute goal in a title decider match after spending almost literally 2 minutes wasting time on the edge of my box - back and forth they went, no chance of a clean tackle for me to make, then they bring the ball more central, still can't make a tackle, then the ball moves to the other side of the area, back and forth then BANG a goal.

Friggen frustrating!

And, yes, I intentionally avoided punctuation just to make you feel my anger ;-p

Oh, and does anyone remember that previous versions of FIFA had half-time scores from other games or was that Pro Evo? Anyway, I want them in for Manager Mode to add that last day of the season drama that we all enjoyed on Sunday.

I know I'm a bit late but they need to change the number of games in online leagues and would it be so hard for them to sort it so more than one person can play a league on one console? I know I've talked about this with Mr Davies before and he mentioned people can get achievements but it can't be that hard for them to disable them if people wanna play that way.

theres many things in this thread that i agree and i will list one improvment that i dont see no one talks about...
i was watching the video from UCL final 2009 that i download to my computer in 720p widescreen and you have all view from the field and i think that the movement around the pitch form your teamates in the fifa09 is so unrealistic... in real soccer player don´t keep so much your position sides... this is very unrealistic in soccer games...
in soccer games, players like xavi that start playing as a right midfielder, almost never go to the left side to pass the ball...
they don´t move around the pitch realistic...
in real life, midfielders and forwards are always changing your positions, going to one side to another... and this is what gives this sport so much variety...
this is a great mistake in fifa and if it´s so dificult to do this with AI, could be made as PES do, giving the option to us to select 3 different formations and changing them in real time...
this would be perfect for me, but as i never see people complaining about this, i think that is almost impossible to happen in fifa10... :TD::TD::TD:

Last edited:
I'd also like the off-the-ball AI to be better, in the custom tactics screen there's an option called "free form", I think that should make teams play like Barcelona with players switching positions and generally having more of a free role and then the "organised" setting making teams play like Stoke/Bolton, where players stick to specific roles.

At the moment there isn't much of a notable difference between the two.

I'd also like the off-the-ball AI to be better, in the custom tactics screen there's an option called "free form", I think that should make teams play like Barcelona with players switching positions and generally having more of a free role and then the "organised" setting making teams play like Stoke/Bolton, where players stick to specific roles.

At the moment there isn't much of a notable difference between the two.

exactly!!!
when i saw this option, i imagine that would work like this...
but the players just run up and down... even if you force one player to go to another side carrying the ball with him, when you pass the ball, the player back to your position very quikly...
in fifa08 the AI from you r teamates was very better in this situations and players had much more variety in running aroud the pitch...
sometimes, even wingers like giggs and ronaldo changing your position... it was very cool and apart the very bas and robotic shhoting (goalkeeping) system in the game, this was the worst thing in fifa09 comparing to fifa08...
i really hope them make some changes and add more variety in the movement around the ball in fifa10...

I think European football in Fifa is very disappointing. Although EA don't have the Champions League licence due to Konami's 4 year exclusive licence with UEFA if they made these enhancements we could have a close to official experience even without the licence.

1. Editing. Option to edit the names of unlicenced Tournaments so the ECC can be renamed to it's real name.

2. Night Matches. All European matches played at Night. This would obviously require the Night feature to be added to all stadiums but hopefully that is something EA are working towards doing anyway.

3. Commentary. The Commentators should be fully aware of the situation in 2 leg tie's. So if your playing in the 2nd leg and it's 2-1 on aggregate they will talk about how the tie is on a knife-edge and mention crucial away goals, etc..

4. AI. The CPU plays a slow, methodical and more technical style of football so matches feel different from League games.

5. Custom anthems. so the UCL anthem can be played before each match. This should be easy to add as it would just be a matter of playing an audio file.

6. Custom balls. So the UCL ball can be used in matches. Not a necessity but it would be a nice addition.

7. Custom ad boards. Which can be assigned to Tournaments of your choice. So if you create the UCL boards they will only be shown in stadiums in UCL matches.

8. Trophy Celebrations. Showing your team lift a Trophy which is very similar to the UCL Trophy and players being presented with medals.

Gameplay- One thing that really bothers me in 09 is the idiots who stand in front of the keeper and block him from kicking the ball out. Im not sayin it needs to be taken out but surely the REF should call it as a foul as it is in REAL life....

Online- Im tired of playing Man U and Barca 90% of the time. Please create rooms where you can ONLY select a certain league.

And BAP mode needs to go back to 5 vs 5 or make rooms where you can select the amount of players on each team.

Also an option for ranked 2 VS 2 matches would be AMAZING... Right now the users playing Fifa 09 create 2 vs 2 rooms that fill up very very quickly, so why cant Fifa do this now in 09??? Trust me playing 2 vs 2 is way better than playing 10 vs 10

Back
Top Bottom