• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll is getting close. 22 - 19.
Honestly though, when are we ever going to get 11 so called first teamers together at the same time?

I say just keep it to how it is at the moment. It seems to be working out just fine. Just my opinion.

Hopefully be on tonight about 8ish.

we have to quit at the READY screen when it's inter or chelsea or any team with 3 or more up front because everytime we run into them we get hammered just like the 4-0 we had. i posted this in the in game chat box but 2 games later inter were in there and only i quit.

How about we all learn to do all the tricks and then go out and play like the Harlem Globetrotters?

There is something particularly gauling about watching some little gimp who's learned them all and is successfully pulling them off against you. Imagine an entire team doing it :LOL:.

How about we all learn to do all the tricks and then go out and play like the Harlem Globetrotters?

There is something particularly gauling about watching some little gimp who's learned them all and is successfully pulling them off against you. Imagine an entire team doing it :LOL:.

I'd rather kick fuck out of them and get the game abandoned!!

we have to quit at the READY screen when it's inter or chelsea or any team with 3 or more up front because everytime we run into them we get hammered just like the 4-0 we had. i posted this in the in game chat box but 2 games later inter were in there and only i quit.

That's a bit defeatest Rad. We just have to learn to deal with it. Surely if we stop giving the ball away or hanging on to it for too long (obviously sometimes this is due to lag/button reaction), we should be alright.

That's a bit defeatest Rad. We just have to learn to deal with it. Surely if we stop giving the ball away or hanging on to it for too long (obviously sometimes this is due to lag/button reaction), we should be alright.

I agree, I think we need to pass and move more as a team.

Was well annoyed with this when playing today, don't know if it was my net [probably, sigh] but really badly it was delayed when pressing to tackle and shoot, passing wasn't too bad. I apologize greatly for giving that penalty, I press square about 3 seconds before to kick the ball out of the box but it ended up being a sliding tackle. Hopefully it will not be as bad if I come on tonight. Apart from a couple of incidents I really enjoy this!

Yep servers fucked up! I thought I did ok, My debut was average but I was happy with my 2nd match, we do well and then give away sloppy goals! :(( If we can get organised at the back we are a decent side

Very good play in that last match though

Sorry about not subbing the tired players, was concentrating too much on the game that I forgot I was the captain.

Sounds like the servers are acting up again then? :((

Kind of a mess that they make such a big deal of 10v10 but the servers are struggling to handle games of 3v3.

It happens mate, the amount of stupid goals I've given away in MM is not worth mentioning.

I play best either up front or as a LB/CB. Got two assists in that game though... was well proud of that looping cross in for the header.

First day on with you guys! thought it went pretty well! glad i scored a few goals especially against Inter! were we won 3-0, team played great but then the match after, we didn't play well. Hope the team gets better!

I'll be on 2moz about 1 till about 6 so if anybody wants to play PM me k

playstation ID - AP-MD

Was well annoyed with this when playing today, don't know if it was my net [probably, sigh] but really badly it was delayed when pressing to tackle and shoot, passing wasn't too bad. I apologize greatly for giving that penalty, I press square about 3 seconds before to kick the ball out of the box but it ended up being a sliding tackle. Hopefully it will not be as bad if I come on tonight. Apart from a couple of incidents I really enjoy this!

Sounds like your connection. I played a lot of FIFA08 5v5 online and I was getting button lag like you describe a lot of the time, partly because FIFA08 was not a very responsive game, but also because of internet lag, and possibly the EA servers clogging up..

However, it's been significantly better for me on FIFA09. Not quite as tight as offline, but still much quicker button response than in 08 online.

If it's any consolation, I did find I gradually adapted to the lag and got used to having to anticipate things before they actually happened, so pressed buttons earlier than I might otherwise have. It got to the point where I barely noticed the delay, even though it was still there. Hope it speeds up for you.

It's also a good idea to keep quite about conceding penalties, scoring OGs, etc, as probably nobody noticed at the time it was you. And even if they did, you can just say that the cat jumped on you at exactly the wrong moment.

I'll come in for a game but I definately expect lag, my connection has dropped to 1meg again :((

I hear the servers are ok again

It's just quite a lot of Villa's players are real short arses especially in MF and DF. Inter and Chelsea tower over our team - they have 3 to 5 players up front in every attack and even with the AI helping out the defence always gets pulled apart and players aren't tracked. There are too many of them running at us at once to deal with when we have 10 online especially as the AI helping then out often can play pixel perfect through balls, cross or passes to them splitting our team apart.

It'll be interesting if its possible to see who are the league leaders and see which teams they're using.

I was on the Ps3 so I typed it shorthand - but what I mean is we should avoid the teams we know will probably thrash us until we've found a team we're keeping, a formation we're all happy with and have a group of players who know their roles and can play well together.

That or we change our formations at the start of the game and go out there with the Sam Allardyce guide to football and play for a 0-0 draw. Instead of thinking 'lets win everything' maybe we should think 'lets play for a draw and see if we can catch a lucky break here' and play with 5 at the back ?

On another note - there are a few annoyances I keep coming across.

1 - The game forces you to run towards the ball sometimes so say you have a teammate near you running - the game will guide you into their path and they'll either fall over or end up kicking the ball at you and it will rebound away to the other team. Too many times we all end up crashing into each other up front or defending because of this.

2 - Randomly the AI will stand offside near the other teams box. This happens to me A LOT offline in games so it has to be an AI issue. but ive not seen anyone else mention it. You know when its an AI problem because they're stood up there completely motionless until the ball comes near and then they'll suddenly spring to life.

Anyone else experience these?

I'll be on again at about 9-10 if the servers are working

Last edited:
Top 20 teams at this point:

1) Barcelona
2) Man Utd
3) Man Utd
4) Arsenal
5) Inter
6) Man Utd
7) Man Utd
8) Brazil