• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they sorted your net out now?

Oh I just remembered weird stuff happened last night.

We were all about to have a game last night - then suddenly 2 of us found we were being told we had to download a squad update. When we tried it kept failing. This lasted for about 10 minutes then suddenly it worked and when we went into the dressing room no one was there and tobi then told me via PM that you were all in the middle of a game.

Did you guys not get told that you needed a squad update?

I did but it only took a few seconds to DL.

Partially sorted out my net, I'm not getting 1meg anymore, I've moved back to my "usual" 4meg of an evening. Still not good enough, I might phone and kick off again tonight.

GET IN!!!! I m not in 2nite, real football game, but the day after I will be, not that you lot will miss me :LOL:

There were crunching tackles yesterday, I got taken out by the keeper just after I scored my 2nd goal and when we played Man U one of our defenders got assaulted by Ronaldo, it was very funny.

Also why are national teams allowed in a mode that is called FIFA Clubs?!

I remember the keeper taking our player down and giving us a penalty. I was hoping he'd get a card seeing as he stopped a goal chance but he got nothing.

I'm destined not to be in a game that finishes. The opposite team quits, my connection drops me out of the game, or the whole thing just fucks up, it's quite delightful...

If we are going to have 1 striker up top. Would anyone mind me being the one striker? I prefer being along the defensive line and peeling off left and right down the channels for the Mids to get in the box.

No worries LawzE, yesterday when I played as a striker I was more of a support anyways so I think I'm more suited to drop back a little. I loved that Barry header I scored. Outmuscled the keeper when challenging for the first header then it popped up for a fade away header into the bottom corner. Lovely.

I think it was me who mentioned the play becoming too scrappy and narrow. We definitely need to spread it a bit more and use the wings so we can open up some space. In that Villa v Man U game we actually did exactly that and it really paid off.

I thought tobi and AP were really good in the midfield/striker position yersterday. They held the ball up well for a striker to support and scored some real pearlers. Overall I think we are gelling really well as a team. Kudos guys.

Last edited:
can i play Striker? i will try and be greedy and shoot whenever possible so i would need a good support striker to make those killer balls

I thought tobi and AP were really good in the midfield/striker position yersterday. They held the ball up well for a striker to support and scored some real pearlers. Overall I think we are gelling really well as a team. Kudos guys.

just like to say thanks for noticing! i'll on fifa now till 6 coz i'm working tonight, so if anybody n the dressing room waiting, just add me as a friend, the message me and i'll be in!

also i on some matches many people pick the forwards! i think it would be better if they pick any! coz it'll help those who are defending and tackling and trying to make the play happen! also then when the forwards get the ball, the play will continue instead of like a person who picked a forwards collects the ball and losses it straight away!

but this is what i think anyways!

great games yesterday, especially the one against Man Utd, we played as a team and from coming back from 2-1 just made it an amazing match! scrored some great goals like the Barry shot that screamed in to the back of the net!

hope there more like this game today dudes!

also i on some matches many people pick the forwards! i think it would be better if they pick any! coz it'll help those who are defending and tackling and trying to make the play happen! also then when the forwards get the ball, the play will continue instead of like a person who picked a forwards collects the ball and losses it straight away!

It helps if someone picks 'Any' in some ways. The AI can be a little stupid at times and ball greedy but then at other times they can time a tackle to perfection and play perfect crosses to you. Some times the person picking 'Any' tends to rip our formation apart as they switch to the next man and start running around then switch to someone else and someone else.
In our game against United earlier they had a winger running down the pitch followed by 2 of our team and we had a defender on the back post near their attacker ready to intercept a cross then the 'any' player took control and moved him towards the guy on the wing leaving the attacker open at the back post to score.

It would have been better to let him cross the ball or attempt a cut back pass as that's what 99% of teams do - and block that than try to close the winger down and leave them with men in our box un marked.

Thanks Radiation for the lovely assist :)

That was a great flowing move - lots of one touch football followed with a defence splitting through ball and a goal.

I had lag in that game at times - we had a throw in and everything was running about 2 seconds after i pressed something. So i mived left and 2 seconds later my guy moved left. When the throw in came to me by the time i saw it happen the game had already moved on and i was tackled.

I hope the PSN being down now is to fix this lag and lock up error with the network

I now agree with having one person playing as any due to crap ai but the thing I don't like is the same person going any all the time. It happened 2 or 3 full games on a trot last night (or might have been night before). Give everybody a chance chaps and don't dive straight in. A few of the lads are pretty good in waiting for positions to be picked but some just think about themselves.

Possibly more than 1 person goes any if only 3 or 4 in the team aswell.
I know this isn't how the game mode was intended but the ai isn't great so I've changed my opinion on this to a certain extent.

I'm also not sure about when someone said to play the same position all the time. I personally don't want to constantly play left wing or right back, for example. I want to vary it up a bit and try different positions, ask my wife if you don't believe me ;) . Well actually, I don't like defence but I'm going to make a point of playing there a few times tonight if I get a chance to get online.

What's other peoples thoughts on this?

@ Rad,

Yeah have the 3 midfielders "roam" so it would be:

----------carew----------

Young-----SS-------Gabby

---Barry----DM----------

lb-----cb-----cb------rb

They can get back for defending (from goal kicks for example) but be free to get forward alot (as they do anyway in a 4-4-2). The two dm's should stay back, one just in front of the defense with one pushing slightly up to connect the front 4 with the defense. I think that could give a better balance, but it really depends on the players and how they stick to their role. Another good aspect is that you shouldnt have as many offside's with just the one striker "locked" in that position, yesterday the 2nd striker was offside loads as it was a "any" player and you automatically run forward when on the attack.

@ Rad,

Yeah have the 3 midfielders "roam" so it would be:

----------carew----------

Young-----SS-------Gabby

---Barry----DM----------

lb-----cb-----cb------rb

They can get back for defending (from goal kicks for example) but be free to get forward alot (as they do anyway in a 4-4-2). The two dm's should stay back, one just in front of the defense with one pushing slightly up to connect the front 4 with the defense. I think that could give a better balance, but it really depends on the players and how they stick to their role. Another good aspect is that you shouldnt have as many offside's with just the one striker "locked" in that position, yesterday the 2nd striker was offside loads as it was a "any" player and you automatically run forward when on the attack.

Agree with this, only problem is, does FIFA reset the formation to Villa's default 4-4-2 everytime, meaning we'd have to manually change to that every game? As not everyone who is captain does change formation and stuff?

I now agree with having one person playing as any due to crap ai but the thing I don't like is the same person going any all the time. It happened 2 or 3 full games on a trot last night (or might have been night before). Give everybody a chance chaps and don't dive straight in. A few of the lads are pretty good in waiting for positions to be picked but some just think about themselves.

Me and Dags were discussing having a rule where the captain picks ANY if we need someone to go into that role as that's rotated each game by the game so its the fairest way of doing it. But then I really don't like playing in the ANY role so I'd like someone else to take my go - but then it all gets confusing. We should really discuss it before we press X to launch a game or plug our mics in.

The game we had today where we were all positions and were were at the mercy of the AI was shit. The AI gave the ball away countless times, refused to pass unless we ordered it to, would kick the ball off the pitch randomly for no real reason, gave away fouls and kept running into the other players when they had the ball and losing it. They also did this stupid thing on through balls where they would be chasing it and then suddenly start to run very very slowly!

Possibly more than 1 person goes any if only 3 or 4 in the team aswell.
I know this isn't how the game mode was intended but the ai isn't great so I've changed my opinion on this to a certain extent.

Yeah more than one is best so that 1 man isnt expected to do it all and the game isnt a one man show where every pass goes to himself.

I'm also not sure about when someone said to play the same position all the time. I personally don't want to constantly play left wing or right back...

I hate being up front and am really enjoying playing in a DMF role or CM role. So im happy to drop back to a CB place as long as whoever is next to me and with me in defence don't stand in our box playing people onside and so on.

-

In response to the formations...

I just changed our formation before the start of the game to a 442 where the midfield are flat. It's the in game default 442 formation. We then played man united and were battering them 4-0 by 40 mins forcing them to quit the game. We controlled the midfield like crazy with everyone being closer and the strikers didn't play as far up the pitch as when we have the default formation that kind of works out as a narrow 4-2-4 with the 2 wingers being attackers.

We didn't try a solo man up front but we can have a go tonight. I think it depends on who is playing how well it could work - if were with people who pass the ball around and use the midfield to break down the defence then the solo striker can play off their passes running into space. If we're with people who run forwards a lot then the striker will just be stood around waiting for passes/cutbacks/crosses. Both styles can work but it just depends on who the forward is and if they remember to use R1 and shoot to finesse it past the keeper rather than just shoot. (They said in last years podcast a few times that with 1v1 finesse is the way to go especially when the AI difficulty is professional or above)

Last edited:
if someone chooses 'any' i reckon it should not be in the defence as i have tried that and it is hard. We need a fully human defence imo. Hopefully see u guys on there later tonight when the wife turns in. loving this mode...(sorry for getting sent off last night)

The game we had today where we were all positions and were were at the mercy of the AI was shit. The AI gave the ball away countless times, refused to pass unless we ordered it to, would kick the ball off the pitch randomly for no real reason, gave away fouls and kept running into the other players when they had the ball and losing it. They also did this stupid thing on through balls where they would be chasing it and then suddenly start to run very very slowly!

:LOL: Sounds exactly like the typical player when you play with randoms. They've clearly got the AI down to a tee.

Yeah more than one is best so that 1 man isnt expected to do it all and the game isnt a one man show where every pass goes to himself.

I've hardly played 10v10 yet but from my experience with last year's 5v5, have a max of 2 going ANY because once you start to have 3 or more, they all start to try and control the same man and it often ends up in utter chaos at precisely the wrong moment.

With 2 as ANY, you can play as a 2 man team which works really well. Of course, a few others fixed can join in, but if you haven't tried 2v2 yet, give it a whirl. I reckon it's the most satisfying way to play and it plays much more like real football as you don't have 8 people surging forward every attack. Instead, the team retains it's shape and formation as only 2 players are under human control at any time. Works best if the oppostion are just 2 as well so they're not just playing the typical 10 man kick and rush stuff.

I'd also recommend getting used to playing one-touch football. I invariably found it effective in 5v5, particualrly if your team-mates cottoned on to that tactic. It makes you more alert as you're always looking for a first-time pass, so are always keeping half an eye on the radar for where your team-mates are, making you more tactically aware. Not everything comes off, but when it does, it can be very exciting. Importantly, it gets round the annoying problem of people trying to go on dribbles and button lag causing them to run straight into the opposition, as happens endlessly in this game.

I'm aiming for around 9pm - gonna let the misses use the pc then bath the baby and then depending on if she falls asleep i'll be on shortly after 9. Though it could be anytime from 9-10

Some magnificent games played late in the evening/early night! Our last game we won 2-0 against Playinlive FC who are 3rd in div 1 and have won 102 times and only lost 26...

Well played fellow Evo Webberinhos!

My goal scoring record was great :DD ! Real poacher I am but everyone was playing out of there skin in the last 3-4 matches, Me,Rad,Scorpio and Wildster found a nice blend and it worked wonders, Again my scoring record means I play uptop your all dropped! ;))

There are always things that happen when we're playing that I want to talk about here but I always forget them by the morning.
-

I remember that comedy own goal that hit the far post came back out and hit the defenders knee as he ran back and rolled into the goal and won us the match.

The post and crossbar seemed to be our worst enemy last night - there must have been about 5 goals that were scored after the ball hit the bar or post and came back to us. How did that shot right at the end of one of our games not go in? It hit the post, bar, off a defender and then blasted across the goal line.

We nearly had a comedy goal of our own - a cross came in and I ran onto it - I got fouled from behind (but no free kick) and as I fell over the ball bounced off me, hit the post someone shot it hit the keeper came back out hit me (on my arse still) hit the post and then was cleared.

BAP 10 vs 10 is populated mostly by Man United teams!
I think we played Man Utd 3 or 4 times in a row and I noticed that only 1 of those teams used the positions. The rest all picked 'ANY'.

I'd have thought people would pick teams like Portsmouth as they have a lot of huge players for the physical advantage. Despite that they all use the same bleeding tactics - pick 'any' and use nothing but cutbacks.

The problem with ANY is they don't give a shit about being sent off as they can still play - they need to add in either an option of games where any can't be picked - or if YOU get 2 yellows or a red then YOU'RE sent off. So you could get 2 yellow cards with 2 different people and it would send you off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom