FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

these people who are referring back to ISSPRO, how the hell can you remember?? i can't remember yesterday let alone when i was playing iss pro on the snes

But they balance out the game

imagine in a match, if the saves you thought were super saves went in.......every game would finish like 4-5 or 8-0

I am fine with super saves as long as they arent ridiculous and ATM they are not, i can easily score if i create a opening

It's not very fun if you shoot a perfect bullet going for the top corner and the goalkeeper saves it.

Fifa 08 had a lot of 1-0 and 0-0 scorelines, so the game would be balanced without the super saves.

In Fifa 08 the goalie was far to week at his near post. A nicely placed finesse shot here would more often than not result in a goal. Shooting across goal to the far post was the problem. In real life this is how most goals are scored as a 'keeper should have his near post covered.

I've said the same thing before but I remember Coopz telling me in real life most goals come from near post and its surely not an issue and is realistic enough. But I don't think so. Im with you on that Jamezinho.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but surely not as much. And should be sweet when doing so.

In Fifa 08 the goalie was far to week at his near post. A nicely placed finesse shot here would more often than not result in a goal. Shooting across goal to the far post was the problem. In real life this is how most goals are scored as a 'keeper should have his near post covered.

Yeah, it was almost impossible to score in the far corner. While that is far more satisfying.

The Chelsea v Arsenal video already showed that scoring across the keeper into the far corner was now possible.

I've said the same thing before but I remember Coopz telling me in real life most goals come from near post and its surely not an issue and is realistic enough. But I don't think so. Im with you on that Jamezinho.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but surely not as much. And should be sweet when doing so.

Im sure i wont have said most goals

but if you were running at the angles you do on Fifa in real life then the near post would be the easiest option

What do you mean? The angles you are running towards the goal in Fifa are the same as in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xATqdehOcSU

Look at the first goal. It's impossible to score like that in Fifa. And from that distance it's impossible to score in any angle. You can move closer and score in the near corner, but that's not my favorite option either.

Same for the Henry goals in the far corner. It's just the most convenient way to score.

Im sure i wont have said most goals

but if you were running at the angles you do on Fifa in real life then the near post would be the easiest option

Only problem is on fifa it almost always ends up a goal. Hope thats been fixed.

Barcelona took 2 years to score a goal from corner on the secondth post. Just to make a point.

What do you mean? The angles you are running towards the goal in Fifa are the same as in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xATqdehOcSU

Look at the first goal. It's impossible to score like that in Fifa. And from that distance it's impossible to score in any angle. You can move closer and score in the near corner, but that's not my favorite option either.

Same for the Henry goals in the far corner. It's just the most convenient way to score.

In Fifa people wont shoot from there

They would run it closer and would pop it in the near post like Pires would have done it the angle was against him

yes but its a video game people will do what they want to do not whats best for the situation (thinking like real life) so the GK's should be able to adapt to this situation alot better

But they balance out the game

imagine in a match, if the saves you thought were super saves went in.......every game would finish like 4-5 or 8-0

I am fine with super saves as long as they arent ridiculous and ATM they are not, i can easily score if i create a opening
Then perhaps they should make it harder to hit shots in the corner. At this moment it's just unrealistic, I used to hit all my shots in the corner of the far post and the GK would always save it. It was easy to aim perfectly in the corners but keepers saved it.

So they should make it harder to hit shots in the corner, but when it does go to the corner than the GK won't have a chanve most of the time.

gemma atkinson will be there!! :blush:

Can anyone get a vid of the utterly delightful Ms Gemma Atkinson hopefully including film of her yummy jiggling juggs. hehehe

Last edited:

Placebo I know u have a wife but if u had the chance you sooooo would u old devil hehehehe.

Imagine this dilemma - a night in the comapny of Gemma (and those funbags) but you have to give up playing Fifa09 for the year. Tricky. Mind you if it was giving up PES for ten years just for a handle on that sweater meat - well it's no contest :)

Juggs! Juggs! glorious Juggs!!! ;)

Last edited:

Placebo I know u have a wife but if u had the chance you sooooo would u old devil hehehehe.

Imagine this dilemma - a night in the comapny of Gemma (and those funbags) but you have to give up playing Fifa09 for the year. Tricky. Mind you if it was giving up PES for ten years just for a handle on that sweater meat - well it's no contest :)

Juggs! Juggs! glorious Juggs!!! ;)

You should be a poet. ;)

Back
Top Bottom