FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

The Brazil-Spain video shows a tad too arcadish gameplay.

Now, my reasons properly explained:

- To me, reaction and action times are too quick. Reaction and Action times are different than control responsiveness. One thing is the time it takes to accomplish something and the other is the game receiving your orders and doing something from them. And what I was lacking in Euro and Fifa, most of all, was control responsiveness. And the chance to blend different animations or movements depending of my orders (procedural animation and stuff like that) but mantaining the overall slow pace.

- And yes, action times themselves could be a little tweaked. I don't know if it's the gigantic screen, or maybe they're playing the game on "Fast" setting and also the players are terrible at the game, but anyway I found it just too fast, too arcadish and left a feeling of ping-pong as someone said, due to the fast actions and reactions of the players.

- I find the trapping too precise most of the time. Tackling too precise again. Almost every tackle is a possessions turnover.

So, these are the impressions of this video. As the previous videos seemed a little more slow paced, I guess they're playing "Fast", and they are playing it badly. Indeed.

So, by now I'm still excited with the game, let's hope the next videos show the gameplay in better quality and with good players trying to build up play. I wouldn't like Fifa to go down the road of PES, simply running with key players.

It's really interesting how this video really seems a next-gen PES5. I was thinking about it while writing this and I thought: maybe EA is making the "coup de grace" to Konami. They're doing a game that tops Fifa 08 and Euro with lots of improvements that will please they're last year's user base. And they add the speed options so they can have one of the speeds turning the game into a more arcade experience, that would perfectly suite some PES hardcores and people who wants a easier approach to the game. But if you like it really hard and more "realistic", you can always play SLOW and FULL MANUAL. Actually it's great and simple, and they let you customize the gameplay, broading the potential users.

Are they really that clever? If they pull of this well, they may win a lot of market share, I think.

My impression from all the videos we've seen is that the game flow is always the same....and is exactly the same as FIFA08.

There's no variety in playing styles at all.

Perhaps that's down to the human players' narrow-minded approach, but every match is "we win the ball, head straight forward in all out attack (invariably down the wing), until the first tackle against us results in possession to the oppostion, who go straight on all out attack"...etc.

Every game of FIFA08 I played on-line was like this. No variety, no ingenuity, same, same, same.

The tactical sliders and options they talk about will be meaningless online. They may have some use off-line single-player, but who wants to play that crap against their horrible, scripted AI?

I'd like to see some matches (even AIvAI) where there's real variety in styles, from slow, patient build-up, to long-ball. Prove to me the gameplay is different to 08. Prove to me the tactics have an effect. Prove to me that long-ball can be effective.

Everyone just needs to wait for the demo, people playing the games are obviously dont understand football, all they seem to do is pass and randomly run forward and lose the ball

These videos are just filler fluff, quality and participants are far too low to form any opinion, negative or positive IMO.

Dont think its been posted yet

947077_20080805_screen001.jpg

Screenshot not really exciting but just come up on my rss reader.

Is the sponsor supposed to be so high up?

About the graphics, all I care about really is what it look like from the distance you play the game from - and for me that is tele cam on FIFA. From there, all that really matters is the players skin colour, their body shape, the grass being the right shade of green etc.
It doesn't matter to me if the player faces aren't perfect, the players don't have the exact boots they have in real life, if the ball has an incorrect logo on it, or if the kits have the EA logo on as I usually skip cutscenes and most replays anyway.

:TU:

I was now mentally thinking "really this last video should be taken with a pinch of salt". And thinking it in english. Well, if it's gramatically correct, then it's even better because I thought that these forums have been my best English teachers!

And to make this post on topic I have to add something.

Oh, I liked the ball physics!

Yep, it's gramatically correct :TU:

All these people who are obsessed with boots ...

The colour of a footballer's boots reveals what type of player he is according to a leading sports psychologist.

Dr Martin Perry and football boot website www.Footy-Boots.com have joined forces to classify footballers according to their choice of footwear.
The Old Pro: Black Boots
- A safe colour and suggests certainty and authority. Always worn traditional black boots, and always will.

The Maestro: White Boots
- White represents purity and light and the Maestro oozes talent and class, and has everything except sweat-inducing work rate.

The Hot Potato: Red Boots
- Red is an intense colour which generates emotions. This fire-brand is impetuous and rash and will make their mark on the game, and their opponents.

The Veteran: Blue Boots
- We look for blue skies, for peace and tranquility. He is convinced that his experience and nous more than makes up for a lack of pace. He switched to blue boots to demonstrate his coolness and calmness under pressure.

The Enigma: Green Boots
- Here is a player who has the manager tearing his hair out in frustration. On his day, he can win a match by himself. One week, storming the barricades; next week, missing in action. Why? Who knows?

The Entertainer: Yellow Boots
- Yellow brings good cheer and optimism. Our yellow-booted entertainer is the life and soul of the team and shows lots of energy and enthusiasm.

The Organiser: Brown Boots
- Our brown booted player will be a smartly turned out defender, unyielding and dependable with a penchant for a sliding tackle.

The Golden Boy: Gold Boots
- The colour of sun brings warmth and wisdom. He is super talented, but he might believe too much in his own publicity.

The Headless Chicken: Silver Boots
- Silver offers light and balance, and he has speed and pace to burn. However he is sometimes known as a headless chicken and his passing can be erratic.

The Eccentric: Orange Boots
- Orange offers freedom and emotional release. Your orange booted player can be prone to impulsive decision making and heart stopping gaffes - the boots express his individuality and desire to be different.

It is even not known if pc have 5vs5 . If yes , I think it had to be in their pres release and at site .

The Golden Boy: Gold Boots
- The colour of sun brings warmth and wisdom. He is super talented, but he might believe too much in his own publicity.
ART_4646_0.jpg

:LOL:

does the pc version support 10v10 online?

The PC version won't even have 5v5 I think, I've seen its screenshots and it looks identical to FIFA 06 on the 360(without 3d crowds and next-gen stadiums). Its gameplay from the video posted here looks identical to FIFA08(PC ver).

The only thing that EA pointed out for the PC version is that it has better graphics than previous PS2 ports, the new mouse+keyboard system and the newly implemented collision system.
In other words, if u can't wait to play next-gen version of FIFA, get a next-gen console, cause FIFA 09 for PC is a far cry from the PS3 and 360 versions. :P

how do you know it is even orange, as you have just been taught that it is orange, it could be infact blue or penis :COAT:

So all these years i have been getting colours wrong

Turns out i have Pink wallpaper and wear luminous green trainers

The PC version won't even have 5v5 I think, I've seen its screenshots and it looks identical to FIFA 06 on the 360(without 3d crowds and next-gen stadiums). Its gameplay from the video posted here looks identical to FIFA08(PC ver).

The only thing that EA pointed out for the PC version is that it has better graphics than previous PS2 ports, the new mouse+keyboard system and the newly implemented collision system.
In other words, if u can't wait to play next-gen version of FIFA, get a next-gen console, cause FIFA 09 for PC is a far cry from the PS3 and 360 versions. :P
i have a 360 and ps3 but i wanna buy one for my pc for when im off to the philippines with my laptop to do some master league/manager mode stuff

What you on about :SS I admit some faces on FIFA are awful!! but That is the best malouda face i have seen in a game

Maybe you just need to watch football so you actually know how the player looks in real life

400x400_FlorentMaloudaNew3.jpg
FIFA_09_Screenshots_Stars_Chelsea_Manchester_United_08.jpg

It's Tony Parker from NBA Live ?

or TP from "les guignols de l'info"

75533-tony-parker-les-guignols-de-l-info.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom