FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

Oh Placebo your an author on FIFA Soccer Blog now.

Uhm, one worrying thing: too easy to steal the ball, i mean every tackle seems to be getting the ball with no fouls. don't like that too much.

Uhm, one worrying thing: too easy to steal the ball, i mean every tackle seems to be getting the ball with no fouls. don't like that too much.

Those players seem to be not that good, and they don't play cautiously. If you move in a manner that real-life players would, that would help alot (turning away from opponents at all times, passing when opponents get too close, etc).

They are playing video-game football styles. :)

Those players seem to be not that good, and they don't play cautiously. If you move in a manner that real-life players would, that would help alot (turning away from opponents at all times, passing when opponents get too close, etc).

They are playing video-game football styles. :)

I really want to watch a video where the players know what they are doing ...

I saw the second of the YouTube videos on FSB and my anticipation has grown even more. You can see that the ball is much more free and the players have more freedom of movement and can come forward or further away for a pass. The hugely improved response times are clearly evident in this video. The way the players are able to header and volley the ball and how the Spanish defender is able to clear the ball before it goes out for a corner. The goalkeepers look better now and rush out quicker and the fans waving their flags is a nice touch which adds to the overall atmosphere.

Oh Placebo your an author on FIFA Soccer Blog now.

Indeed :)

Placebo rips into the owners now hes a fully fledged part of the team :LOL:

I'd never rip into anyone, I'm a saint and an angel all wrapped up in one!

Oooh Placebo going to be doing podcats :DD

Podcat? You mean like this........

catpodfg8.jpg

;)

podcast as in asking the game producers questions??

well Placebo you could ask bout the nets... I remember Fifa 2006 they made fairly good nets and they actually told about them on the box :D

But then as we know they ruined them again...

So if anyone gets a chance to talk to FIFA producers or programmers ask them about nets and tell them that they should improve them

unless a podcast is NOT asking questions then sorry :P

it can be anything they wish to discuss but it will be all about fifa.. and what they think of everything we have seen so far! and what they expect at leipzig and from the final game...

podcast as in asking the game producers questions??

well Placebo you could ask bout the nets... I remember Fifa 2006 they made fairly good nets and they actually told about them on the box :D

But then as we know they ruined them again...

So if anyone gets a chance to talk to FIFA producers or programmers ask them about nets and tell them that they should improve them

unless a podcast is NOT asking questions then sorry :P

Agreed.........pester em about the shocking steel cages

seriously, everything looks perfect this year for me.

the nets are the last bastion they need to reach for.

just nick the code off of konami EA. seriously. buy the tech, do whatever. scoring a goal is a combination of build-up, shot execution, hitting the back of the net, and crowd reaction.

if they nail that, then they can spend the rest of their time peeling potatoes for all i care.

one game that did those right was ISS on the snes. you could play that game forever and it didn't even have online or manager mode or all the fancy stuf we have today. it relied on solid gameplay, excellent feeling of scoring a goal, and excellent goal celebrations.

yeah it's a shame.

but there's one attack that brazil makes in the vid that looks errily real. it's a counter attacking move and robinho is tapping the ball 5meterts ahead and running with flair towards the wing. EA have done a great job with the running styles.

whoever was controlling brazil was lame though. absolutely no control. just kept running. at one point a square ball was all that was needed and he instead chose to run :/

you could see that brazil was faster and had more control over the ball from the vid (watching it on a 42" screen.) bu they did NOTHING with it :lol

congrats to spain... again :)

Oops i meant Podcast lol nice pic but you knew what i meant. :DD

And when the forum coming :DD

I still need to watch a high quality vids. those youtube quality vids do look like 08

Normally I wouldnt come near FIFA but for the first time ever this PES addict actually thinks FIFA is on to a winner at last.

one game that did those right was ISS on the snes. you could play that game forever and it didn't even have online or manager mode or all the fancy stuf we have today. it relied on solid gameplay, excellent feeling of scoring a goal, and excellent goal celebrations.

I remember Matthaeus's shots ripping the nets apart :LOL:

Last edited:

This is totally the wrong time to post this as it's way too late for EA to find Evo-Web's FIFA 09 topic (if they haven't already), and then there's not much chance they'd listen to this but anyway. I was on the tram earlier going into town and thought as always of something really random.

I would love EA to implement some fun online challenge modes into the game. Maybe next year, or maybe it's a trump card for this year. Challenges that can be played by one player (and scores compared against on a leaderboard with replays of the top 5 or so to watch), or multiplayer gimmicks.

Single-player challenges online could include assault courses with cones, ice, booby traps etc. Or free-kick attempts from increased distances, corner accuracy, header tennis (keeping the ball up via heading for as long as poss), and possibly even goalkeeper challenges where a special one-off system is used and you score points by saving the most shots or keeping a clean sheet for the longest time etc etc.

Multi-player challenges could be 2 players taking on a whole CPU team, through-ball & shot, corner & volley from outside 12 yards, possession etc, much like the training challenges from PES over the years but made into a competitive format online.

Normally I wouldnt come near FIFA but for the first time ever this PES addict actually thinks FIFA is on to a winner at last.

i agree. EA, to date, has not impressed me at all.

all of their games have so far been rubbish, but this may be their year, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom