FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

Well as in real life Manchester United have been a bit hit and miss on my Manager Mode Season thus far. You can really tell we need a big target man (as we do in real life) I also decided to get another pacey Midfielder in the January Window (signed Robben from Madrid) also amazing Ruud Van Nistelrooy has come back to me too!! So now I have a big target man and it makes a big difference. At present I sit 3rd in the Premiership Table with Newcastle top 9pts clear of me....

I have started with Leeds United played two games.

Leeds 4-0 Milwall

Absolutley blitzed round Milwall, hat trick from Jermaine Beckford and a goal from new signing Ritchie Baker.

Leyton Orient 1-1 Leeds

Loved the fact that the away games always seem tougher than the home games. Orient really got in our face and made life difficult. Orient took the lead on the 8th minute, but Tore Andre Flo equalised with 2 minutes left on the clock.

Next match: AFC Bournemouth

There are rumors about me in various newspapers linking me to the Forest job as soon as the 10th of October.

I would just like to say that at no time have i met up or spoken with the chairman and any rumors are at this time are mainly Fictional.
I am taking a break from football and enjoying time spent with my family.

Is it me or is the Stamina bar for the Computer AI teams extremely low?
They seem to take some players off early cos they get tired rather quickly.
My players dont have that problem after I upgraded my Fitness staff.

Last edited:
There are rumors about me in various newspapers linking me to the Forest job as soon as the 10th of October.

I would just like to say that at no time have i met up or spoken with the chairman and any rumors are at this time are mainly Fictional.
I am taking a break from football and enjoying time spent with my family.

As im the Derby manger i hope you get them relegated ;)

Right, here are the results from yesterday/nights session:

Charlton 2-1 Colchester

Burnley 0-2 Charlton

Charlton 1-1 Hull City

Leicester 1-0 Charlton

Hereford 1-0 Charlton (Carling Cup Round 2)

Charlton 1-2 Wolves

Southampton 1-3 Charlton

Charlton 2-2 Cardiff

Norwich 1-0 Charlton

Charlton 2-1 Crystal Palace

More to come tonight :)

I know, I know... I did put out a weakened team, guess I've learnt my lesson the hard way :( FA Cup draw is in:

Charlton v Derby!

Ipswich 0-1 Charlton
Sheffield United 0-2 Charlton
Charlton 0-2 Watford
Bristol City 0-3 Charlton
Charlton 1-0 QPR

Well, not a very eventful night, but four wins out of five - can't argue with that! More than happy an all. Has pushed me up the table somewhat too:

01102007.jpg

Iwelumo is still top scorer in the Championship, now with 13 goals, his 13th being the best so far. It came in the 3-0 demolition of Bristol City, starting with good work in midfield to win the ball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otP16FAaDxM

Last edited:
Update for Nottingham Forest

Current League Results
Derby County 6-0 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 2-0 Brighton
Swansea 1-4 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 1-0 Plymouth Argyle
Nott. Forest 2-0 Coventry
Southampton 2-1 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 3-1 Blackpool

Top Scorer: Diouf (15)

Current Position: 2st

Last edited:
So are there any problems with how teams are doing in the league (ie Man Utd or Chelsea at mid table, Newcastle or Everton top, Villa or Spurs relegated?)

Some more Le Havre results:

Guegnon - Le Havre 0-0
Le Havre - Brest 2-0
Grenoble - Le Havre (coupe de la ligue) 0-3
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Le Havre 1-2

After 8 matches (Le Havre having only played 7 due to the coupe de la ligue - great feature by the way...very realistic) are 4 only one point behind league leaders Amiens.

I have a squad of players that i hardly know (apart from former Sochaux player Mézague and former Lens player Gillet, who is my best player) which makes it all the more challenging. To make it more realistic, i haven't done any transfers. So i'm playing with the current Le Havre squad...

Update for Nottingham Forest

Current League Results
Derby County 6-0 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 2-0 Brighton
Swansea 1-4 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 1-0 Plymouth Argyle
Nott. Forest 2-0 Coventry
Southampton 2-1 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 3-1 Blackpool

Top Scorer: Diouf (15)

Current Position: 2st

Haha where is 2st? :)

haha 6-0 to Derby as well, Beautiful :)

i am on the verge of getting the chop, i have just been given the dreaded vote of confidence

just lost to Liverpool 1-0 but am currently beating Arsenal 1-0.........

Oh shit i have just lost to Birmingham who are 3rd from bottom and been given an ultimatum by the board

You should see the morale in the team, its nearly bottom that must have a major factor on the way they play

Yeah it must do Coopz, no wins in 11 :shock: Hard times in the midlands!

If I get into the Premiership with Charlton, I fear the same may happen.

Going great at the moment though, my fan appreciation is 91/100, and job security is around 55/100 :mryellow: I also noticed my Manager Prestige has gone up to Level 2/10

Oh yea, I responded badly to a media question yesterday and got -5 on fan appreciation! Bloody media put spin on everything!

Last edited:
Just changed my formation to 3-5-1 after playing better with it against Birmingham in the second half and just beat Bolton 2-0 with 2 Stevie Howard headers :)

looks like im gonna play with a target man now

Aren't your full-back positions too exposed with three CB's? I know I play a 4-4-2 and the CPU is still able to chip a ball over my FB's with ease, so if there's no FB's then wouldn't the CPU just keep attacking your wings?

Back
Top Bottom