FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

I played a second rate team to cardiff when I went out too. Found out Daryl Murphy is actually pretty good at left wing and Kavanagh is awesome in midfield though :)

I bought A. Quinn early on, and what a signing, several MVP's, well Man of the Match haha (too much Halo 3) and he has set up and scored some great free kicks. My best buy!

Funny thing is its my only buy so it obviously is :D

Im glad I put a good team out in my first round of the cup, had Pompey so had to, no way did I want to lose that, and Quinn scored the winner via a free kick and hit the bar with one and put one just over, keeper wouldnt of got them either! Think he got MOT aswell :D

Im doing good so far :D Cant wait till half season, aint had an interview in ages though.

Its a shame really though Pompey played exactly the same as all the teams I have played in the league, hoping for a bit of variation, only real difference was kits and player names, and a slight bit more in pace.

right thats it, starting Manager Mode today, any team suggestions? I got Palace in mind any others?

Not really, play as a team you want to play as, I always find it good playing as the team you support, could always play as a team from the lowest level and try and work your way up through the season, Cardiff are a good team.

On mine, they got Hasselbaink, Fowler, Sinclair, dunno if they do in real life, but they play good.

Dunno about other teams, I just use Saints :D

Bought Zigic from Valencia for £5.1million. Hes HUGE, was quite funny to see him in the defensive wall next to Andy Johnson. Has proved to be a big of a Steve Claridge though at the mo (cart horse), hes scored twice in 10 appearances. One of them was in the Carling Cup too!.

I'm managing Man United and I've just got past the Transfer Window, bringing in Andrea Pirlo, Adriano Leite and David Villa :). I sold Tevez to Xeroz. Anyroad, Currently unbeaten, a true fantastic start to the season.

Charity Shield: Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 1-0 Derby
Newcastle 1-3 Man Utd
Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea
Arsenal 0-4 Man Utd

Adriano's my top Goalscorer with 3, Saha has the same. Villa made his debut at the Emirites and scored. I'm first with a game in hand ahead of Everton, same amount of points, that being 12 :). Hargreaves has been the best player for me, however. Scored 2, and has outplayed most of my team, although everyone's playing well.

Nice thread guys.

Good to see Tim7, Joe, Kevano, Cammey and so many other old friends gathered up here.

Great initiative to start this thread, Peter. :thumbup:

NO signings so far. QPR are hardly blessed with adequate transfer funds.

Will post my results later, you can revisit them via the caledar if anyone's interested.

I got a massive update to come and I have reached Manager prestige of 3 :D I wonder if I shud test that if I get fired, if I can still get another team or something...

Nice thread guys.

Good to see Tim7, Joe, Kevano, Cammey and so many other old friends gathered up here.

Great initiative to start this thread, Peter. :thumbup:
Yeah man, long time no speak :) Come join the FIFA fun! :mryellow:

I've played my whole season. I got carried away with playing it. Just one more game, eh?

Nottingham Forest 2007/08 Review

Played: 46
Won: 29
Drawn: 9
Lost: 8

Total Points: 96
Final Position: 1st

Players In
Marlon King - £2,000,000
Arturo Lupoli - £4,000,000
Giles Barnes - £3,000,000
Phil Bardsley - £6,000,000
Ben Foster - £1,000,000

Players Out
Robbie Savage - £7,000,000
Earnshaw - £2,000,000
Tyson - £500,000
Breckin - £1,000,000
Roberts - £600,000
Agogo - £900,000
McGugan - £300,000
Morgan - £700,000

Target For The 10/11 Season: 14th

OMG, just been bitten by the League Cup BADLY. I'm Everton and was drawn against Rotherham in the League Cup 3rd round. I put a team of 2nd string players in to keep them happy, i was trying to take the piss out of Rotherham and generally thought that i was going to win by 4 or 5. How wrong was i, i lost 4-2 aet. How very embarrassing. And also a lesson well learnt.:(:shock:

Le Havre up date.

First season, 23 matches played.

Lost two matches.
5 draws
16 wins

First in the ranking, 9 points before Reims and Nantes who have playd 24 matches.

Coupe de la ligue: eliminated by Guegnon.
Franch Coupe: eliminated by Lille 1-1 after 120 minutes.
Lost 5-4 in the penalty shoot out.
Man of the match: Tiny Sylva...says it all...Le Havre was the better team but well, lets concentrate on the promotion...

So far boughtone player: Fabien Camus from Charleroi.

Woooooooo get in there son, best result to date. Real Madrid 2 vs Valencia 3 A goal down away to Real Madrid. Baraja gets himself 2 and Morientes 1. Top win that, and well needed. (pro level)

Season Total: played 13 won 5 drew 4 lost 4

Morientes leading scorer with 10.

What a game this is!.

Last edited:
i can recommend BOJAN KRKIC from barcelona. as you may know he's from 1990 and starts at 75 (!). does very well for me. scored a hattrick in his debut match in the FA cup and up to now he has 8 goals in 5 matches all as a sub.

got him for €2.800.000 5 yr contract

i also bought GIOVANNI DOS SANTOS, he's a good signing, too. very quick and a good dribbler. needs improvment in def., tho.

Cool thread! I'll start soon, I'm just playing League Mode first to get used to FIFA, haven't played it properly since I got PES3.

Been playing manager mode for most of the night with Tranmere, I'm not even sure where I am in the league hehe :) I've won a couple of games 1-0, drew a few and lost one or two, just got knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by Rotherham (I think) and it was pretty intense stuff :)

I've found it's easy to sign players on a free and I've gone off signing about six players all over 60 in skill including a CB rated at 74 ... for Tranmere!

Yeah man, long time no speak :) Come join the FIFA fun! :mryellow:

I'll try both FIFA 08 and PES2008 when I get my hands on them.

So far, I've played neither so I don't know what side of the argument I'll be on.

But I feel no loyalty towards Konami whatsoever. So IF FIFA does satisfy me game-play wise, I won't have no regrets joining the FIFA parade and ditching PES. ;)

One problem is, I still only have a ps2. :(

Are you guys all playing on xbox 360 and PC when making these reports? Or anybody playing FIFA 08 on ps2?

My PC isn't good enough for graphical games like this. :|

The current-gen versions of FIFA (on PC and PS2) are... How can I put this... Erm, you may have stepped in stuff similar to what this game can compare to, at various frustrating points in your life.

The 360/PS3 versions are programmed by an entirely different team, and are literally different (and infinitely better) games, with all of the power they have for ball physics, CPU patterns and the like. Come on, get yourself a next-gen console, it's been a few years since they were introduced man! ;)

I see Jack.

Good, now I won't bother renting FIFA 08 for ps2 to see if I'll like it. I'll just take your word for it that it IS $hit.

I'm gonna be getting a new console if not soon then for my birthday which is still a few months away. :|

Will PES2008 on ps2 also be severely limited compared to its new-gen consoles or still good enough? Sorry to kinda drag this off-topic but my knowledge of 'gaming' has really gone downhill over the past couple years due to having ditched it all and being too busy with life and you guys seem like an informant bunch which I could use the help of for future decisions.

ThomasGOAL has said he's heard from several sources that PES2008 on current-gen is a bad game, worse than PES6 and JLWE2007CC (which is a decent game, especially with the Fantasista - one-player career - mode). And if ThomasGOAL is telling you that a PES game is bad, you know it must be awful. I never thought I'd live to see the day that TG said a bad word about PES. :|

Different game on next-gen though. I didn't like the demo at all, most of my mates didn't either, but no doubt the most ardent of PES fans will love it. Should be better on the PS3 though, apparently it's slower than on 360 (which is a good thing, TRUST ME) and the pad is ten times better for PES. Probably the only game I would prefer to play on PS3 than 360 actually, Konami have given Sony a nice little helping-hand there!

Thanks for the info.

Doesn't sound good for a guy who was willing to wait for prices to drop further and play PES 2008 on his ps2. :|

I remember I first bought Xbox years ago (the original) and then switched over to ps2 not too long after because of PES/WE!

If what you said about PES 2008 being better on ps3 is true, then I may just have to take Sony's product over Microsoft's again since this is one of the only games I ever play.

If that's not true, then I'm 100% able to be convinced either way (In the Ps3 vs. X360 debate) as I don't have my mind made up, could use more info and have no problem saying yes or no to either as I'm indifferent about both companies and feel no loyalty.

Back
Top Bottom