FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

PetrovLFC

Raul!
13 March 2005
NW London
Liverpool
Following on from the superb Master League thread on Evo-Web, I thought it would be a great idea to document our journey's from club to club, be it taking QPR to mid table in the premiership and then going on to receive a job offer from Barca, or ending Liverpools long wait for a league title, share those moments!

Feel free to post tables, goal scorer charts and Cup draws. Whatever geakey statistics you want.

And if the upload feature ever gets fixed, we can post those last minute cup final winners, ala Owen v the Goons.

:)

I'm guessing you've started one with Tranmere then? :D

I'm making a short-list :D

Coca Cola Championship:

QPR
Cardiff
Watford

Lower Leagues:

Barnet

Europe:

Dortmund
Genoa
Empoli
Bilbao
Hibbs

Playing on Legendary (So its more like official, harder etc :D)

Well Saints start with a poor draw at home 1-1 the score, conceeding early on then a equaliser later on in the same half got Saints the point, although should of won the game, but couldnt finish the chances.

I had a talk with the interviewers decided that we should of won the game, we should of done better, I dont think that was too good for the players confidence but it shows the fans and the board I am 110% dedicated to get Saints where they deserve and to please the fans.

(You know what I think, the sponsors we choose at the start, should actually be on the shirt, its weird chosing one, then never seeing it on the shirt, to have the old flybe there still etc, also annoying saints dont have a proper goal keeper kit and their 3rd kit the white one, and no name on the back for keeper arewell.)

My expectations for saints this year is to do well in the cup (quaters or semi, definately win the 1st round) and win promotion, atleast the play offs.

Hello! Great thread Peter, many happy memories to come hopefully! :mryellow:

Right, I have started my Manager Mode with Charlton, playing on World Class. So far played four games:

Charlton 2-0 Scunthorpe
Coventry 3-0 Charlton
Charlton 0-4 West Brom
Preston 1-1 Charlton

A great start, but really kicked in the teeth by Coventry and WBA, a tough few lessons learned I think! The Preston game I should have won, Mcleod gave me a lead on half time, finishing nicely from a great Iwelumo through ball. But in the 87th minute Preston scored a scrappy goal which I should really have cleared. I carryed on pressing in the final few minutes, and in the 92nd minute this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSG1L4xVw6I

:shock: Gutted! What a brilliant save.

Squad rotation is definately needed, though I have paid to upgrade my fitness staff a few levels, so this will help with fatigue and recovery levels :thumbup:

Can't wait to see who I've got in the two Cups! Hoping for a decent cup run this year, could do with the extra money!

woo Tim this brings back the PES ML msn convos haha

gonna be starting one with Crystal Palace

Yeah Joe! Only it's better than ML :mryellow::mrgreen:

I have now got my fitness staff up to about Level 8, and the players are all FULLY recovered each week! Which is kind of annoying, but kind of good, if you see what I mean! It will have an effect in a week where there are 2 games though, so I will still need to rotate the squad every now and then.

I have loaned out some players too get experience, and have sold one or two deadwood!

It's going pretty well here at The Valley, with some valuable points being picked up! Full report of this sessions play at the end of it!

Oh yea, the Carling Cup draw is out too, I have got Hereford! :8):

How any of you can play on Legendary I don't know. My blood levels can't take it. The computer gets to everything first and your players seem incapable of moving into space :D

I'm leaning towards an local English team first and then moving on as my career progresses. Heck I'll go with QPR now :D

Hello! Great thread Peter, many happy memories to come hopefully! :mryellow:

Right, I have started my Manager Mode with Charlton, playing on World Class. So far played four games:

Charlton 2-0 Scunthorpe
Coventry 3-0 Charlton
Charlton 0-4 West Brom
Preston 1-1 Charlton

A great start, but really kicked in the teeth by Coventry and WBA, a tough few lessons learned I think! The Preston game I should have won, Mcleod gave me a lead on half time, finishing nicely from a great Iwelumo through ball. But in the 87th minute Preston scored a scrappy goal which I should really have cleared. I carryed on pressing in the final few minutes, and in the 92nd minute this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSG1L4xVw6I

:shock: Gutted! What a brilliant save.

Squad rotation is definately needed, though I have paid to upgrade my fitness staff a few levels, so this will help with fatigue and recovery levels :thumbup:

Can't wait to see who I've got in the two Cups! Hoping for a decent cup run this year, could do with the extra money!

Wow, an amazing save! Unlucky mate! :shock:

If only the ML would incorporate all this stuff. Anyway...

2189.gif

I'm playing with FC Sion in the Swiss AXPO Super League. It would be nice to win the league, but my real aim is to get into the Uefa Cup.

Results so far:

FC Sion 3-0 BSC Young Boys
FC Aarau 0-1 FC Sion
FC Sion 0-1 FC Basel
St Gallen 1-2 FC Sion
FC Sion 2-2 FC Zurich
Xamax FC 2-3 FC Sion

I'm currently second in the table, one point behind leaders FC Zurich and i have a game in hand.

Current top scorers:

Beto 3
Obradovic 3

I managed to sign a much needed defender before the transfer window shut. Swedish defender Andre Grim was snapped up as a free agent, after leaving Allsvenskan side Gelfe IF

Quality stuff Professor! :mryellow: It's good to set targets before the season isn't it :) What difficulty you got it on by the way?

qpr.jpg

QPR Appoint Eyres after Takeover goes through

Bernie Ecclestone has appointed Peter Eyres as mangager of Queens Park Rangers. It is thought that Ecclestone spotted the young talent whilst at a Master League game back in April. Having already guided several teams to glory and impossible league positions, Eyres is ready for a fresh new challenge in the Coca Cola championship.

Results so far

West Brom 3-1 QPR (Craig Beattie Hat-trick) And a thumping Walton header from a freekick.

QPR 3-2 Norwich ( A brace from Nardiello and a Boulder effort from a corner) Dean Huckerby with two cracking goals for Norwich.

Ipswitch 2-1 QPR

Last edited:
You did better then real life at least wasnt 5-1 :mrgreen:

Congratulations on appointment though. :applause:

:lol: Yea good point Bingham67! Glad to see you got started Peter, have a long and successful season!

Well, this was going to be a massive post with all my afternoon/evening sessions play, but I have forgotten to get my results off the 360 before I turned it off :lol: School boy error!

However I did take a pic of the Championship League Table. I am on the 20th October 2007 in my game, played 13, won 5, drawn 3, lost 5

LeagueTable20-10-07.jpg

Iwelumo is joint top of the leading scorers with 10 goals. It's going well. I do remember the last result of the night, because it was a cracking result:

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Crystal Palace

It was the worst I've played :shock:. Palace took the lead when Clinton Morrison belted in a screamer from 20 yards on 6 minutes. Then it was pretty much Palace attack vs Charlton defence, until the 40th minute when I had a breakaway and was savagely chopped down by a Palace defender 25 yards from goal. Up stepped Andy Reid, and superbly struck the free kick into the right side of the goal, no keeper was ever reaching it :). So half time 1-1, the second half took up the same pattern as the first, and in the 65th minute I changed to 4-5-1 to try and get some more of the ball in midfield. And it worked - in the 69th minute the ball was worked up to Iwelumo who turned the defender and sprinted 7 yards and slotted past the goalie, low into the near corner. Then I was pretty much in control of the last 20 mins, just slowing things down and keeping hold of the ball.

A great result in a match where it was looking like I would get nothing! Good times :8): More to come tomorrow night! :mryellow:

Nottingham_Forest.jpg

07/08 Season Position: 1st (Promotion into the Championship)
08/09 Season Position: 7th
09/10 Season Position: ?

Current League Results
Bolton 2-3 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 1-0 West Brom.
Norwich 0-0 Nott. Forest
Watford 1-0 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 2-0 PNE
Wolverhampton 1-1 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 4-1 Blackburn
Stoke City 0-1 Nott. Forest
Nott. Forest 2-0 Leyton Orient
Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 Nott. Forest

Current Position: 2nd

Top Scorer: Diouf (10)

Target: Promotion into Premier League

Last edited:
07/08 Season Position: 1st (Promotion into the Championship)
08/09 Season Position: 7th
09/10 Season Position: ?

Are they your targets mate? And was the Bolton game a Cup match?

Going well for you!

Hold on, you've played through TWO SEASONS of manager mode already?!!?!?

Last edited:
Will Gerd DK manage to open the doors of Ligue 1 with Le Havre ???

Well it all started rather good:

Montpellier - Le Havre 0-1
Le Havre - Libourne 1-0

But then came the better teams:

Sedan - Le Havre 2-0 (great match from Sedan's gk, this was clearly Le Havre's best match)
Le Havre - Troyes 0-0

Le Havre plays good football, but scoring goals seems a problem...

Great thread.

I started as Burnley and needed to add a midfielder and a striker after I had agreed to sell Ade akinbye to Southampton for £550,000

So I brought in John Stead and Jason Euell for a combined fee of £660,000.

The have both played in there debut with a 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

So far I have won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1.

Robbie Blake is my top scorer with 3 goals.

Tim7, i'm on Semi-pro, which currently seems about right for me, as i'm getting used to both FIFA and the 360 controller. I'll up it when i feel i'm getting better.

Played another game last night.

FC Sion 2-1 Grasshoppers

Obradovic grabbed a brace and has gone top of the scorer's chart with 5 goals in 7 games. A good tally for the former FC Vaduz player. Defender Andre Grim made his debut in the win too.

Stead AND Euell for £660k? Stead is worth that alone, surely?

I've started a career with Tranmere and lost my first game away to Huddersfield 1-0 due to my keeper diving too late while running back to his goal :(

Brighton at home is next but there's a bit of a clash with both teams in blue and white so hopefully my eyes will recognise my players :)

Doesn't look like I need any players really, my squad seems okay. I've only got something like £200k to spend anyway after using my funds to upgrade my fitness coach.

Stead AND Euell for £660k? Stead is worth that alone, surely?

I've started a career with Tranmere and lost my first game away to Huddersfield 1-0 due to my keeper diving too late while running back to his goal :(

Brighton at home is next but there's a bit of a clash with both teams in blue and white so hopefully my eyes will recognise my players :)

Doesn't look like I need any players really, my squad seems okay. I've only got something like £200k to spend anyway after using my funds to upgrade my fitness coach.

Yeah I put a cheeky bid in for Stead after looking at Sheff United and there 10 million strikers :mrgreen:

Euell might be used as a striker because he was getting swamped in midfield along with Joey Gudjohnsson.

Has anybody managed to Loan a player yet?

Haha i like this thread

I have started with Derby and my obvious aim is to win the league :)

Ok maybe not but avoid relegation at all costs

Straight away i offloaded some deadwood before the season started and extended the contract of the talented winger Giles Barnes. Sent my scouts on a full search of The Americas for a Striker and upgraded a few bits and bobs

First game was Villa away, Earnshaw put us 1-0 up and we was cruising until injury time when Big John Carew stole a point for the Villians

Next up was Everton away, AJ put them 1 up and Earnie netted an equaliser for a fully deserved 1-1 draw

first home match was against reading and it finished a bore draw at 0-0

now onto today

Wigan at home

Completely different team was put out here due to fatigue and i went 1-0 down thanks to a dodgy decision from the ref. Free kick was given Koumas whipped it in and Heskey got on the end of it. Miller made it 1-1 on the stoke of half time from a Barnes cross, which was my only shot of the half. Uneventful second half apart from a couple of Wigan bookings, 1-1 the final score

Another weakened squad for this game and i am in a predicament, do i spend all my money on a fitness coach to keep my players fit or do i wait for the scout reports to come back and buy players? Ill see how the very depleted squad fares first against Everton in the Cup

Everton hit the bar early but Derby take the lead through Earnshaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lrdFisdak

Cahill hit the bar again in the second half and finally equalised in the 88th minute with a glancing header but Derby kept plugging away and this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNsXrKnrrg4

Big Stevie Howard won it in injury time to put us through :)

Just got a scout report though as well, Argentine Stefano Nade predicted 80-98 finishing and 75-88 Speed so i have bought him onboard for 800k and he will go straight into the team

Just lost 3-0 to Fulham and they scored one of the best goals i have seen, it was a long diagonal ball from left to right over the top of my defence which Healy control and smashed past Bywater

Back
Top Bottom