FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

Just lost to Pompey 1-0 even game but Bywater was beaten at his near post when he shouldnt have been

My left and right midfielders do the job of the fullbacks when needed :)

Bollocks, Chelsea away next

Yeah im the Derby manger :)

Just got hammered by Chelsea, i coldnt do fack all against them i should have played 5 at the back really

:applause: A good attempt mate! Do you get offered another job or have to start a new career mode?

I have to start again

i was only about 15 games in as well and i wasnt even bottom and only 4 points away from the team above me

Strange

LMAO,

unlucky coops. But i reckon that's pretty realistic. No win in 15 games, I think even the Derby board would have doubts no matter how popular the manager is and how well he did last season.

Yeah it must do Coopz, no wins in 11 :shock: Hard times in the midlands!

If I get into the Premiership with Charlton, I fear the same may happen.

Going great at the moment though, my fan appreciation is 91/100, and job security is around 55/100 :mryellow: I also noticed my Manager Prestige has gone up to Level 2/10

Oh yea, I responded badly to a media question yesterday and got -5 on fan appreciation! Bloody media put spin on everything!

tell me about it, you pick something perfectly reasonable, like being honest about the lack of first team opportunities for certain players and the players revolt!

Southampton FC

Season 1

Manager Prestige 2/10
Job Security 87/100
Fan Appreciation 79/100
Team Chemistry 68/100

League Table (Woooo im top :D)
Southampton FC Position 1st
Home: Wins 3 Draws 1 Losses 0 GF 11 GA 2
Away: Wins 3 Draws 1 Losses 0 GF 8 GA 1
Pts: 20
GD: +16

Only played 8 and doing well, the scores where this:
Saints 1 - 1 Scunthorpe
QPR 1 - 1 Saints
Saints 6 - 1 Charlton
Stoke City 0 - 5 Saints
Saints 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich 0 - 1 Saints
Bristol City 0 - 1 Saints
Blackpool 0 - 1 Saints

And now I have got Preston :D Came close in the Bristol game I think, got a video to show why :D

*edit* Preston 2 - 2 Saints garhhhhhh Ormerod scored first damn him, then equalised, his goal was in of the bar from miles, I swear the computer cheat, their stamina is gone or very tiny, yet they are so quick and strong? How is that right? Anyway I scored, then they crossed it, somehow my two defenders let the ball drop between them, to Mellor who half volleyed it in :S one was infront and one behind, and he managed to sidewards volley :S No way, anyway went on to equalise again, then at the end, great cross, keeper in no mans land, John heads just wide :(

Good game though Skacel scored the first, what a run :D and then Rasiak :P

Last edited:
Playing as swansea.

currently 3rd Played 10 won 6 drawn 1 lost 3.

Got knocked out the league cup by Sheffield united.

Fan appreciation is 97, security is 65 and I have made 3 new signings to strengthen the spine of the team (CB, CM, LM) I am playing upfront and currently top scorer with 5 goals.

Manager is Peter reid and he is dong a great job so far.Sent a few of the young lads out on loan and sold any player over the age of 31.

determined to get to the Premiership.

Can't help you on that one Prof..i am searching it myself

Le Havre - Grenoble 2-0 (for the competition).

Le Havre top of the table....but the fans still don't like me much (53/100)....

If only the ML would incorporate all this stuff. Anyway...

2189.gif

I'm playing with FC Sion in the Swiss AXPO Super League. It would be nice to win the league, but my real aim is to get into the Uefa Cup.

Results so far:

FC Sion 3-0 BSC Young Boys
FC Aarau 0-1 FC Sion
FC Sion 0-1 FC Basel
St Gallen 1-2 FC Sion
FC Sion 2-2 FC Zurich
Xamax FC 2-3 FC Sion

I'm currently second in the table, one point behind leaders FC Zurich and i have a game in hand.

Current top scorers:

Beto 3
Obradovic 3

I managed to sign a much needed defender before the transfer window shut. Swedish defender Andre Grim was snapped up as a free agent, after leaving Allsvenskan side Gelfe IF

Wow, great results mate!

I have just started two leagues. One in the English Premiership with Manchester United and one in Ligue 1 with PSG.

So far I have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 with PSG. It's half-time in my first Manchester United match (Community Shield 0-0).

Great thread guys! :)

Guys, which screen/menu is to change your captain? I can't find it. Ta

you can change captain on the formation screen (only at the beggining of the match not half way through).

I use NEW controller so to change captain i go onto the player I want and press X, to check yours, bring up the Help Menu in the formation screen before the match

Southampton FC

Season 1

Manager Prestige 2/10
Job Security 87/100
Fan Appreciation 79/100
Team Chemistry 68/100

League Table (Woooo im top :D)
Southampton FC Position 1st
Home: Wins 3 Draws 1 Losses 0 GF 11 GA 2
Away: Wins 3 Draws 1 Losses 0 GF 8 GA 1
Pts: 20
GD: +16

Nice Stuff, What difficulty are you on!?

Thanks Joe.

I'm playing a 4-4-2 or sort of 4-4-1-1, as i have an attacking midfielder (Obradovic) behind a striker. What is amazing, is it's him who's grabbing all the goals and not the striker! 9 so far and he bagged a hat-trick in my last game. I think he's only played 7 or 8 games too.
My first choice striker has only scored one i think :lol: I'm not complaining mind. I'm just glad i'm playing Obradovic, in what seems to be his best position (to the detriment of the striker it seems, but not the team).

you can change captain on the formation screen (only at the beggining of the match not half way through).

I use NEW controller so to change captain i go onto the player I want and press X, to check yours, bring up the Help Menu in the formation screen before the match

Nice Stuff, What difficulty are you on!?

World Class, although the first three games were on legendary reason being was, I wanted to get the achievements for the other difficulties, so when I did the others on the play now thing, the last was world class, and that stays it the next time you play and, just using that for now (real reason is that its slightly easier :D), will change to legendary half season or full season. I need to upload my near loss. Was so close to my first loss! Im gonna go all season un beaten haha! Watch me lose next game :(

Last edited:
Update from the last two days:

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Charlton
Charlton 1-1 Plymouth
Stoke 0-2 Charlton
Charlton 1-1 Blackpool
Barnsley 2-0 Charlton
Charlton 0-1 Sheffield United
Charlton 1-0 Barnsley
Charlton 0-0 Ipswich
Blackpool 0-1 Charlton

Now have played one more game than the other teams around me, and I am 5th, 10 points behind Watford who are top. A bit of a blip in the middle where I was playing some shite footy, but when I look back at that set of results, I really can't be too disheartened. Iwelumo hasn't scored for a while which is a bit worrying, but I'm sure he'll be banging them in soon. Luckily Todorov has hit a bit of form scoring in the last two one nils. He scored a great goal against Barnsley, which I recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utptlbVtRI4

Cracking finish, one the bastard goalkeeper couldn't get to! :lol: Next two fixtures:

Crystal Palace v Charlton
Charlton v Derby (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Both are seriously MUST WIN :mryellow:. Job Security is around 70/100 and Fan Appreciation is around 90/100 so all seems to be going well...

I've hit January and so the magical window is open, and I have signed Mamady Sidibe from Stoke for £190,000. He's not match fit at all though and will be a few weeks before he's ready to make an appearance.

:)

I just played couple more games just now, playing Hull currently and if I win I go quite a few at top :D

Guess what, 3rd round of the cup, first round for me, who do I get?

POMPEY! The derby is on, be good to play a prem team, and what a team to play!

Started a Sunderland one tonight.

So far im 16th in the prem with 2 wins out of 5 games, both of them away from home. A 1-0 Win against newcastle and a 2-1 Win against the spurs (1 goal at half time injury time and one at full time injury :D:D:D).

I started the season badly:

Chelsea 2-0 Defeat
Villa 4-0 Defeat
Newcastle 1-0 Win
Birmingham 1-0 Defeat
Cardiff (league cup) 2-0 defeat (2 fowler goals in extra time)
Spurs 2-1 Win

Had a vote of confidence after the cup game so needed to perform :P

Right my new stats :D
Manager Prestige 2/10
Job Security 95/100
Fan Appreciation 82/100
Team Chemistry 64/100

Results:
Saints 2 - 2 Preston (report in last post)
Cardiff City 0 - 0 Saints
Saints 2 - 0 Plymouth Argyle
Hull City 0 - 0 Saints (Would of been nice to win to go some good points ahead at top :()

Pompey next in the cup, away as well, this should be good! :D

WOOOOOOOO! Beat Pompey! 1-0, 1-0 1-0 1-0, 1-0, 1-0!

Alan Quinn Free Kick, I had 3, one just over ad one just wide, they are pretty easy, well really easy, only moved him a bit to far, but they pretty much go top corner all the time, should of been 3-0, the other two free kicks should of went in :D But should of been atleast 2-0, at the end, as the fk was first half, ball crossed in, keeper came out to collect, thinkinh easy save, he for some reason drops down and palms it down and up, to my onwards running player and he heads well wide of an open goal :( Noooooo!

Meh arewell, a wins a win! Team Chemistry gone back up to 65/100 and Job security is 100/100 :D Nice!

Last edited:
Le Havre leaders in French League 2:

Played 18 matches.
Le Havre are leaders with Nates as runners-up 8 points behind.
Lost two matches (away in Sedan and home against Ajaccio).

Job safety: 94%
Team chemistry: 64%
Fan support: 74% (they're finally beginning to like me)
Manager prestige: 1/10.

Still in the French Cup (next match against Lille) and the leaugue cup.

Serbian strikes Nikezic is league 2 top scorer with 12 goals.
Other prolific scorers: Dabo and Hoarau.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just corrected the Franch to French bit mate :)

And it's going bloody well for you! Congrats :applause: Really wish I hadn't put out a second string in the Carling Cup :( I've learnt my lesson well. The FA Cup will be a different matter - Derby are going down.

Whether you like it or not Coopz :)

Back
Top Bottom