FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

anyone have this on ps2?

what's it like compared to other versions?

the reason why i want it for ps2 is becuase of the larger online user base.

to be honest I still havent got used to the shooting. Sometimes I think I've worked it out and then its goes and does weird stuff again :(

But to aim for the corners it usually best to pull the stick down or up for the corresponding corners.

Is the shooting different if u are using analogue? i always use the d-pad on the dual shock. I want to start manager mode but not if i can't aim my shots where i want too.

thx def.

do you actually play matches in the manager mode or are they simulated like in FM while you focus on the managerial side?

sorry for the question but i never played this on fifa since i dont normally play fifas :)

jonestm said:
Got the game yesterday and think it's quite good and it's not too easy for me by any means. But one problem i have is with the shooting, every time i aim for a side of the goal it goes wide. I constantly have to aim for the middle of the goal, can any one give me any tips on shooting/aiming? BTW i'm using the d-pad on the ps2 controller.

I also found that at first, but then I learned to use finesse shots for anything close in or at an angle, much better chance of getting it on target :)

Placebo said:
I also found that at first, but then I learned to use finesse shots for anything close in or at an angle, much better chance of getting it on target :)
How do you pull off a "finesse" shot exactly?

Thanx placebo, i'll try it out, i was getting very frustrated cos manager mode is miles better than master league.

jonestm said:
manager mode is miles better than master league.

Aint that the truth, I'm loving it, just need to unlock legendary cos world class is a bit easy so far, topping the championship by 12 points with Sheffield Wednesday after about 1/3 of the season.

Peter Eyres said:
to be honest I still havent got used to the shooting. Sometimes I think I've worked it out and then its goes and does weird stuff again :(

But to aim for the corners it usually best to pull the stick down or up for the corresponding corners.

the thing i like about the shooting is the fact that eventaully you will figure out how to be effective all the time.It's not like "ohh this stinks forget about it' now the game has a very organic feel to it and i do not struggle with shooting like i did before.

BumperMan said:
LOL about adriano.

her's what i've done and it's amazing.

I have a widescreen hdtv.
I set the game on widescreen and zoomed in on my first zoom setting and it looks amazingly better. i will post a pic or a vid soon cuz what i'm looking at is great with my 'special" settings.. i think you guys will be like how did the guy in the pic do that?

Is this widescreen setting option in the game menu, or do I have to select it in the Xbox Menu?

Also, the xbox version runs on 720p. Will the game have a noticeable affect if I leave the 480 option on as well as the 720p?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the coca cola league football is in the game? All I see in the shop (ps2 version) are the new adidas balls etc so when playing in the championship I have to play with that awful blue stripy ball! Anyone seen it cos it used to be in the previous versions?

alright guys, this game aint half bad... im liking it , but i do feel i will get bored.. the players just dont seem to be different from each other... i think alot of the animations are awesome, some of the thru balls you can play are great, the shooting is ok, the crossing, well either it sucks or i suck :),i havent figured out the moves yet.. it still lacks that soemthing special konami have.. but its getting there. i honestly think if i put rio up front and rooney in the back, i wouldnt be able to tell much difference with the exception of hieght and color, but they would play the exact same way, thats what this game is missing... the individualtiy of the players..

jflores said:
Is this widescreen setting option in the game menu, or do I have to select it in the Xbox Menu?

Also, the xbox version runs on 720p. Will the game have a noticeable affect if I leave the 480 option on as well as the 720p?

yes it's in the menu screen once you go to "my fifa"

But right now i am contiplating trying out the ps2 version becuase i think the day matches might be better and mor eplayable then the GC's

Are the goalies better at coming out on the higher levels? Im playing prof atm and they are cack, make great saves from shots all over the place but hardly move when i go into the area. Although most of the time they save 1-1 from pointblank anyway. Even when im controlling the goalie defending and push the button to make him come out he hardly moves. Thats a shame.

Also agree with saunders, you just dont have that individual feeling you get with pes, or the weight of play (players, ball, distance,etc). When im liverpool with pes and have gerrard i know i can go past a player and hold him off while if i do that with gonzalez he'll likely go down. Now whether i use kewell/gerrard/gonzalez/garcia they all feel a lot alike, they are slightly different but not enough to notice it as a quality in the game.

@ jumbo, you can also simulate games in managermode, so you get to choose.

csaunders said:
alright guys, this game aint half bad... im liking it , but i do feel i will get bored.. the players just dont seem to be different from each other... i think alot of the animations are awesome, some of the thru balls you can play are great, the shooting is ok, the crossing, well either it sucks or i suck :),i havent figured out the moves yet.. it still lacks that soemthing special konami have.. but its getting there. i honestly think if i put rio up front and rooney in the back, i wouldnt be able to tell much difference with the exception of hieght and color, but they would play the exact same way, thats what this game is missing... the individualtiy of the players..

Yes exactly the feelings i have,i like the game but i will get bored soon :( plus i don't find the legendary mode and it's fucking easy!!!maybe it's because i play with the big teams so maybe it will be more difficult if i play with the smaller ones?

i got the ps2 version.

really good game that is cripple by stupid technical bugs that take all the enjoyment out of it.

1) player switching and controlling is a fucking drag which makes defending real hard. players DONT move.

i know its not just me. playin against people online, i scored some goals i knew shouldnt have gone it because i saw the other player's defenders werent moving AT ALL.

what the fuck EA. you're givin me a playable game and takin away the control?!?!?!?!

2) the lack of online options and customization is killing me. obviously, the formation options are almost nonexistent compared to WE but why the hell cant you save your formations instead of making over again them before every match!???????!

the camera settin online is fuckin drivin me nuts. i cant play on tele. annoyin as fuck.

3) the servers are fuckin horrible. 10 out of 13 losses that i have, have been awarded for suppousedly "disconnecting". I aint disconnnected once. Dont plan on doing it either.

and they wanna charge 2 fuckin dollars for that? man get the fuck out...

its an enjoyable game but the online which is my main thing is messed up.

Thanks for that Jumbo, was about to purchase the game on the PS2 to play online but now they've got no chance.

Saying that I've been playing the FIFA 360 demo for a few hours, and they're like two different games by two different companies. Doubt I'll even be going back to the PC version that I've been playing on solidly for a month. :)

Does anyone with the pc version have any ideas how I can make my right analog stick work for my nyko airflo controller? Fifa 07 doesnt seem to recognize it, any help?:(

The way I got my right analog working was to change the name of it in your sysconfig to be the Logitech Rumblepad 2 or sometihng like that, the instructions I found on another site: f this doesn´t work try this:
On Windows
Click Start
Click Run
Write "regedit"
then find:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\Private Properties\Joystick\OEM
search for your Pad (PS2 Converter or something like that, my PS2 Pad is the last one from all VID) and rename to p880 or Logitech Dual Action

Worked for me :) !

Back
Top Bottom