Europa League 2012/13

As someone mentioned before, Benfica need a lesson on how to score, some of their efforts where laughable.

2 years running for me Chelsea have stole a final, however they never give up and congrats to them for that.

What an awful few days for Benfica fans.

FD

Benfica has scored something like 120 goals this season, so far... It's an european final, they looked a bit nervous at the finishing end. Unfortunately... but we are usually quite efficient on that area.

We still have another final to play in 2 weeks, national cup...as long as there's not injury time we should be fine....

fernando torres, don't lose finals.

european national cup 2008
world cup 2010
european national cup 2012
champions league 2012
uefa league 2013

I'm sorry but Benfica did not deserve to win this. When you are the better team you should score. They hardly created chances, i remember the Cardozo shot that was saved by Cech and that was it (i think). Benfica plays the way i expect Portugese team to play: a joy to watch but utterly ineffective.
And Ivanovic's goal was a very good goal, but very, very bad defending...

It is bullshit to mention the fact that Chelsea did not deserve to win, they did win...they didn't stole anything. They scored twice whereas Benfica only once and only from a penalty. People here als tend to forget the fantastic Lampard shot that dserved to go in, would have been a magnificent goal.

Chelsea fans have every right to be proud of their team and the cup win.

Despite this i have sympathy for Jorge Jesus and his players: in a couple of day they loose two trophy's in injury time...a lack of concentration ?

Yesterday it was clear that Benfica was physically knackered at the end.

Bela Guttman's curse is apparently still working...

It is bullshit to mention the fact that Chelsea did not deserve to win, they did win...they didn't stole anything. They scored twice whereas Benfica only once and only from a penalty. People here als tend to forget the fantastic Lampard shot that dserved to go in, would have been a magnificent goal.

Spot the contradiction ;)

LOL, of course.
The Lampard shot-versus Benfica not scoring.
But that was a real chance, if i remember well Benfica had only one real chance that was the Cardozo shot that was saved by Cech.

champions league should be for champions only...maybe it should be played over two seasons to make more teams participate...or create a sort of qualification for CL in EL and make CL the final of EL sort of competition...

imho, uefa should abolish the cup 2, change the friggin champions league's name to european cup and add it more qualifying rounds for the 'second tier' teams that would participate in cup 2 in the current circumstances. 32 teams are more than enough anyway.

Yes, we loose, that´s reality, but in terms of game played, the chelsea team was banalized. Chelsea´s football is ridiculous, always supported in luck. These two European cups chelsea won (CL+EL), will never be recognized as a great achievement for the true football lovers.

Meh,at the end always will be remembered who won it,that is fact.
I agree CL shoud be for champions,but its go far away from football,only money is important...

It was a great game worthy of the Final. Very sorry for Benfica and its fans, they really deserved this trophy more than Chelsea, but ... the best team win, congratulations, Chelsea. Good luck to Benfica in the next season (hopefully Champions League's season), you are really attractive team, able to show entertaining football, I'm pretty sure you will become №1 in the near future. ;)

I agree CL shoud be for champions,but its go far away from football,only money is important...
Few disagree, buddy, not just money making this idea unattainable. Also, it make unattainable the gap in class between the champions of the leading European Championships and Champions of the other championships. Such a system of Cup is made ​​for reduce this gap. One can not imagine if in CL group would play a Champion of Spain, Finland, Montenegro and Denmark (for example), it would be absolutely predictable tournament where the grandees beat small teams. Many champions of their countries are no match for even the middle peasants major championships, that's for them and made ​​this system is that sometimes, such as Basel for example, showed miracles. Unfortunately, the idea of Tournament for Champions is not real, in principle, at least for now. :)

champions league should be for champions only...maybe it should be played over two seasons to make more teams participate...or create a sort of qualification for CL in EL and make CL the final of EL sort of competition...

imho, uefa should abolish the cup 2, change the friggin champions league's name to european cup and add it more qualifying rounds for the 'second tier' teams that would participate in cup 2 in the current circumstances. 32 teams are more than enough anyway.

No, they should leave everything as it is right now. Champions League brings us close and tense matches since a few years now with the possibility of a high win in the groups when the underdogs are still around. Europa League instead is the more risky cup in my opinion with more attractive matches as there are more usually more goals.

yeah but as pointed out in the article the difference between those leagues are big.. + some temas prefer to ignore it for better league places...while CL is priority..

Europa league is attractive, but still with CL, it´s just a B league.

The Europa League may be a bit more attractive now that the winners will be offered a place in the Champions League from 2015.

As a Spurs fan, I just wish this came into effect a year ago as Champions League winners are automatically given a CL place even if they finish outside of top 4 AND not at expense of 4th placed team.

what a pile of crap that is.

You could potentially have 5 teams from one country in the Champions League, it's getting ridiculous now.

And into the bargain taht 5th team will no doubt be put in a decent pot too, whilst Champions of their countries that do get in will be whacked in the lower pots.

FD

I agree about your pots argument Frank, but IMO giving direct access to the CL for the Euro League winner is an excellent idea... And why not let the 3 semi-finalists play a sort of play-offs with clubs who are third and fourth in the big leagues ?

I want less big league sides in the CL.

Back
Top Bottom